Boulder DA sued for release of indictment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are you convening a Grand Jury in the first place if you know it is a "bad indictment"? What kind of sense does that make?

To be able to say you called one? You did your due diligence? To be able to infer for years that the Grand jury you seated voted against an indictment?

Because that is ultimately the way things played out until just recently!

I want a reasonable explanation- not just a "Lifetime Movie" one! How long was that Grand Jury seated, by the way?

13 months, I believe.

JMO

I understood that the "practice note" was actually found still attached to the legal pad it was written on and from which the ransom note (as well as several other pages that had been ripped out...OTHER "[practice notes?) .

That was just a letter that PR had started to write. :wink:

That was just a letter that PR had started to write. :wink:

Was that the one where she started out with something to the effect of: Mr. and Mrs. R...?

JMO

I am sure. The difference is that I think to get him here to America there had to be an arrest.. I know that it was most likely more complicated because he was not in the USA at the time.

People do confess all the time but it was more than that, He had a lot of info. I have no issue at all with her arresting him and investigating him.

Link, please? To all of that inside info MK had? Facts, ya know.

It's interesting to me that the Boulder DA is so against this indictment being released, that they are willing to go to court about it. What exactly is on it? Is it evidence that we've never heard before? Why does it need to stay private?

I'm also interested in seeing if John Ramsey and Lin Wood respond. Do they also have an interest in keeping the indictment private?

I am sure. The difference is that I think to get him here to America there had to be an arrest.. I know that it was most likely more complicated because he was not in the USA at the time.

People do confess all the time but it was more than that, He had a lot of info. I have no issue at all with her arresting him and investigating him.

Remind me: what inside info did Karr have that made him a viable suspect? Or can you link it?

The whole point of this forum is to be responsible when sleuthing. Not to accuse people of heinous crimes without cause. There is nothing that supports any of this.

IT is just more of making the R's out to be the most terrible of the terrible without proof so that it is easier to trash them.

These people are not charged... They are not convicted. The worst they are is parents of a murdered child.

IF THEY HAD BEEN CHARGED, as 12 people tried to achieve through a true bill not only would they be parents of a murdered child, I would bet the mass population would see enough evidence at a trial convince them that they were also murdering parents of "that child".

Granted they could have gone the way that both OJ and Casey Anthony ended up....not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But that doesn't mean they were innocent.

If Hunter was right, a public disclosure of the GJ findings might buy him a bit more respect. Or would it?

I never realized how much of the GJ was over the age of 55. It does make sense though, since retired people would be more likely to have that time commitment.

Report: In any case in which a grand jury does not return an indictment, the grand jury may prepare or ask to be prepared a report of its findings if the grand jury determines that preparation and release of a report would be in the public interest.

A report is deemed to be in the public interest only if the report addresses one or more of the following: (a) allegations of the misuse or misapplication of public funds; (b) allegations of abuse of authority by a public servant; (c) allegations of misfeasance or malfeasance with regard to a governmental function; or (d) allegations of commission of a class 1, class 2, or class 3 felony.

Very interesting especially know how badly the Boulder DA doesn't want this to be released.

I hope this is unsealed. Methinks someone hoped the GJ would decide otherwise way back then and when that wasn't the case, OOOPS, we decided not to indict. Think about it, had the GJ decided their wasn't enough evidence to indict, it would have let others off the hook for their decision making.

I never realized how much of the GJ was over the age of 55. It does make sense though, since retired people would be more likely to have that time commitment.

Very interesting especially know how badly the Boulder DA doesn't want this to be released.

This quote you have provided explains how the Grand Jury may prepare a report of it's findings if they do not return an indictment. They did return an indictment in this case.

I think this quote is from the Colorado Revised Statutes. Is that correct?

I am not the one that said that. Just to be clear I think Mary Lacy is a joke and I am a firm RDI, it not 100% syre which RDI.

Yes, the quotes are messed up.

:seeya:

Ooooh! I can!!!!!

She didn't want to look like a kidnapper?

Why yes! You win the prize...LOL. Please read the fine print before accepting...LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JMO, after over a decade of dealing with this mess....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay