Boulder Grand Jury Voted To Indict-Boulder Dailey Camera

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do have a question if anybody would care to respond. Last night someone posted that there had actually been another kidnapping attempt within the area of JonBenets home with a girl that someone had tried to take out of her room, but they did not relate it back to the Ramseys case or feel it was tied to it since the girl was not killed. Does anyone know if this was true and or accurate?

I wouldn't put it past the RST to have set this up to bolster the IDI theory.

I am humbly flattered. If any of you saw the letter (posting #45 on "Shootin from the Lip" thread) that I sent off on Jan 1, you can see I am passionate about seeing justice done for JB. I did make one small edit to that letter as I was preparing them for mailing: I susbstitued Mitchell Byars at the Boulder Daily Camera for Carol McKinley's letter. I couldn't find a physical address for her, so figured the Police reporter for the Camera might do some good.

I would be honored to join a team of others would have so much more technical knowledge of the case than I do, and obviously also have the drive to see a resolve. My strengths lie in old school methods - organizing groups, writing letters, following through with tasks. My weaknesses are many - especially when it comes to the high tech world of communications that lies at our fingertips. I know about most of the social and media possibilities available through technology, but would be absolutely dead in the water when it comes to using them beyond bare basics.

But I know that God created each of us with unique abilities to achieve our purpose. So, I know there are those among us who have great skills that would be necessary to organize a Justice4JonBenet Campaign. Those people would have to commit time and resources to make the type of credible impact that this project would demand.

Would an organizational meeting planned for a weekend at a central US location (maybe even Boulder?) be possible for anyone else besides me? I know a lot can be done with Skype or other types of video conferencing, but there is nothing more solidifying than a 'meet and greet' when establishing a unified effort. A lot could be achieved in a two day planning session.

As of now, the media is silent as a lamb about the recent news. Scary, but I am optimistic that there is something in the works with regard to moving the case out of Cold Case status. We can be patient, but if we are to be recognized, we cannot wait too long to get into the public eye.

Carpe Diem!

I will happily write either by snail mail or email!! I am still waiting for replies to the ones I have sent!

The comments on that article are amazing! Could people be anymore uninformed?

-footprint found outside basement window
-intruder broke the window
-Lou Smit was lead investigator
-white male DNA found on JBR
-the Ramseys were "aquitted" in 2008
-BPD never investigated anyone but the Ramseys
-people in Boulder are all related
-it's been PROVEN there was an intruder
-JonBenet would be 19 now
-in US people are presumed guilty until proven innocent

**rolling eyes**

99% of them don't know s**t about the case but are more than willing to run their mouths.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt."

I have seen idiots write long paragraph defending "The Benets".

I don't know how stupid one would have to be to not realize her first name is JonBenet. The fact that people exist out there who think her first name is "Jon"...last name "Benet"....There are no words. You are not allowed to have an opinion if you refer to the family as "The Benets".

The story of the other 'kidnapping attempt' is referring to a teenage girl, who happened to attend the same dance school as JonBenet. There is not even proof that they knew each other. The girl and her Mom were home alone. The Mother heard a noise, went to check it out and there was a male in her daughters room, who ran away, upon hearing the Mother.

The thought is, that it was the girls boyfriend, who had been there to see his girlfriend. Not a new story in any way.

M.James, that theory seems very plausible and realistic.

Back in the 90's I am not so sure that a kidnapping would have resulted in a search of the home. I think now it would be a factor certainly, but back then It may not have been protocol especially dealing with the likes of someone like the Ramseys..and with a pretty long ransome note.

Thank you, SweetT. I'm always glad to know if anyone makes sense of my posts. And, I don't think you missed anything, either. (Although, it may seem as I got a bag of commas for Christmas that I tried to use up in that post.)

I didn't mention something that I meant to to the person who asked the question:

After thinking and typing out a response to the asker's question, I realized that I think the question is more harmful than helpful to the Ramseys. Had the question been the other way around - there are less ways to justify why a kidnapper would leave a note and body. I don't think I could have answered that without it sounding seriously flawed and unreasonable.

Thank you.

Hi, Edmond.Dantes,
<respectfully snipped>
Why in the world would either or both of the Ramseys have written a bogus ransom note then left the body in the basement?"

First, I’d like to mention the ransom note. Almost three pages long, and half, if not more, speaks of Jonbenet’s death. I think that’s important.

I think it’s simple as to why they left her hidden (key word) in the basement. I think they never thought anyone would treat this as anything other than a kidnapping. And who would search the house for a kidnapped child?

Personally, I wouldn’t have thought anyone would search my house if I made it clear she’d been kidnapped, and was possibly dead now that police were involved. I’ve never been involved in a kidnapping, and don’t know the procedures – I assume the Ramseys had never been involved in a kidnapping.

If the house had never been searched, her body could have been ‘taken care of’ (somewhat properly) by her parents - later. But, just in case she was found it needed to appear as someone other than a parent had been with her.

So, had the house not been searched (as I would have suspected) the ransom note covered her nonreturn. And, quite thoroughly – kind of like overkill.

<respectfully snipped>

Bingo ... thanks for your post because I had similar thoughts although wasn't sure I could express them very well.

Not sure if Patsy and John were this savvy, but remember that forensic evidence is often lost with the passage of time. For one, it would be much more difficult to pinpoint a time of death with another 8 hours passing.

I have seen idiots write long paragraph defending "The Benets".

I don't know how stupid one would have to be to not realize her first name is JonBenet. The fact that people exist out there who think her first name is "Jon"...last name "Benet"....There are no words. You are not allowed to have an opinion if you refer to the family as "The Benets".

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

OMG! I hadn't heard that one! That is hysterical. I'm laughing so hard I'm cying. You're right: No opinion allowed!

The development was on an Australia morning show:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulJyCITk4cU"]JonBenet Ramsey murder - YouTube[/ame]

I don't ever remember reading B's knife was found in the wine room where JB was.Was this a well know fact to you all?

I don't ever remember reading B's knife was found in the wine room where JB was.Was this a well know fact to you all?

I believe the knife was found NEAR WC, in the room where tote w/paintbrashes were. In the room where presumingly JB dies from suffocation.

jmo

SunVenus, your calling the RST, "The Ramsey Bureau of Propaganda" is the funniest thing I have read all day! Thank you for the laugh!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

One position I've not heard anyone propose, is that it is BDI, but that the parents pulled off a coverup with all the staging and removal of artifacts.

Updating -- I wrote the original response here before I read UKGuy's return response to Nom, and finished reading the rest of the thread....

Still, UKGuy, don't be so confusing.... you had me thinking the same thing as Nom about you at first...

Hello all, fairly new poster on Websleuths, 1st post on Jonbenet's case:

I couldn't find an appropriate thread for this question, hope it's ok.

I was just reading another blogger whose name can't be typed as it shows all ******.
This person recapped the latest grand jury news and then proceeded to make wholesale assertions I found to be surreal. (example:Jonbenet's Dr. found no evidence of sexual molestation, so therefore, she WAS NOT. period.)

My questions is this: she asserted the Ramsey's are not considered suspects at this time. I called her on this and she replied, I do know for a fact that the Ramsey&#8217;s are not suspects in this case- call Garnett and ask him yourself.

Is this true?!

I was just reading another blogger whose name can't be typed as it shows all ******.
This person recapped the latest grand jury news and then proceeded to make wholesale assertions I found to be surreal. (example:Jonbenet's Dr. found no evidence of sexual molestation, so therefore, she WAS NOT. period.)

My questions is this: she asserted the Ramsey's are not considered suspects at this time. I called her on this and she replied, I do know for a fact that the Ramsey’s are not suspects in this case- call Garnett and ask him yourself.

Is this true?!

No, it is NOT!!!! And I'm not recommanding to follow '******' advice to call Garnett....:great:

My questions is this: she asserted the Ramsey's are not considered suspects at this time. I called her on this and she replied, I do know for a fact that the Ramsey&#8217;s are not suspects in this case- call Garnett and ask him yourself.

Is this true?!

Sorry, forgot to say the most important thing: WELCOME to WS FORUM!!!!

Here is something that is bugging me, and something DeeDee said earlier helped solidify it in my pointy little head. ;) Thanks Deedee!

The Ramseys have enjoyed the benefits of a legal team and "friends" who've acted as buffers, pit-bulls, purposeful hoaxers (i.e. Susan Stine's impersonation of the police officer via email), and so on. They've rarely missed an opportunity to sue, threaten to sue, harass, insult or intimidate those who would have the temerity to even dare to question the innocence and lofty reputation of the "perfect" R family.

But Kolar's book has been out now for months, and there's been hardly a peep-- maybe no peep whatsoever-- from the Ramsey Bureau of Propaganda. You'd think they'd find Kolar an easy target. He self-published, he's not a rich man, thus he may seem at a disdvantage. So I wonder--- did he have too much on track that it backed off the R hit squad? They could not answer as he laid it out and hit too closely to the truth? Is it because suing him wouldn't yield any money for JR (no big publisher to also sue)? Or is it because James Kolar is a respected officer of the law, and the R team knows that great legal help would likely offer their services to Kolar pro bono and basically clean the R team's collective clock?

And now we have the news on what the GJ would have done, and how Alex Hunter dropped the ball.

I am waiting for the next move in the R camp. What will happen? Public moves? Further threats against people sincerely hoping for answers & justice? More song & dance? Or deafening, seemingly incriminating silence? Is this house of cards at last about to fall?

I think it is really time for us to make a press here. The end may be in sight. The letter writing campaign suggested on SuperDave's thread is IMO the best way to go-- Stan Garnett seems amenable to finding answers and solving cold cases. Let's do what we can. This has been a bizarre couple of days, and once we pick our our jaws from the floor, we need to keep working. May all that is just and true prevent anything like this compliled series of injustices ever happen again to any child, in Colorado or anywhere on this great globe.

Sun Venus, I really do appreciate your post to push for a letter writing campaign, which I think was first brought up by SuperDave. But regardless of who began it first, it is an excellent idea to keep the ball rolling. Those of us who have followed this case from day one and those just now are on the band wagon should be compelled to extend ourselves to grab justice for Jon Benet.

Looking through this thread, I even see copies of letters and invitations to use or copy any part of the letters to kick start the campaign. How great are members who care and share that much.

Can you imagine the volume of letters and the attention to those letters that members of this site could generate if we all followed this - Don't Just Post, Write Officials - Do Your Part for Justice.

I'm off to write my letter now.

Again, thanks Sun Venus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay