Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name was on all accounts up to 2008. Why wouldn't she know what was going on financially? Never logged online to the bank? Never looked at a bank statement?

You're basically saying that stay at home wives usually don't know what's going on financially in their marriage, because they are a non-contributing member (which is untrue in and of itself).

All households are different. My husband is the bread winner and I handle all the finances. He has no clue how much our utilities, mortgage, groceries, etc are or how much is in our bank account. If he makes a withdrawl from an ATM he could see what our balance is, but many times payments have been made against that balance with online bill pay and it is not a "true" balance. Just saying that finances are handled differently for different people and it is believable that she could have been oblivious to their actual financial issues.

I'm tossing around a theory in my mind that has to do with spilled milk and the reason for the call to the realtor about getting out as soon as possible.

Oh,my, don't you tease!
I'm on my hands & knees
(cleaning the floor for fleas).

You speak of milk spilled
I am not that strong-willed
Let us know what you think
Pretty please.
icon10.gif

Officer who say the straw said he never got out of his vehicle. This is the same officer that then went to the Cooper residence to wait while the search warrant was being issued and say the straw pieces.

There was an argument on this officer and these questions in court off-camera Friday. Apparently, the office that was on the stand is clearly visible in some helicopter video from 08 standing in the cul-de-sac and then going back to his vehicle.

I had a bad experience with an audience member and left before these little things were resolved. I didn't hear where the video came from, but it seemed that the video is coming in on the defense side later.

There was an argument on this officer and these questions in court off-camera Friday. Apparently, the office that was on the stand is clearly visible in some helicopter video from 08 standing in the cul-de-sac and then going back to his vehicle.

I had a bad experience with an audience member and left before these little things were resolved. I didn't hear where the video came from, but it seemed that the video is coming in on the defense side later.

Wow! So valuable to have someone in the courtroom. Thanks for that info!

Well, I'm a man, and I would not think the wood floors would be at the top of the list....especially since the entire house was apparently a pig pen.

Well, I am a man too, and I can tell you that we don't all process things alike. While you and I might prioritize a list, others would do the first two or last two things on the list. There is no way I would sleep on yellow sheets.

Interesting johnfear..and TY..however standing outside of your caar on a cul-de-sac doesnt put him in the area of hay location on the construction lot..does it?

Guess we will see this hashed out in court this coming week :waitasec:

All households are different. My husband is the bread winner and I handle all the finances. He has no clue how much our utilities, mortgage, groceries, etc are or how much is in our bank account. If he makes a withdrawl from an ATM he could see what our balance is, but many times payments have been made against that balance with online bill pay and it is not a "true" balance. Just saying that finances are handled differently for different people and it is believable that she could have been oblivious to their actual financial issues.

On occasion, I remind my wife how much net disposable income we have each month. For some damn reason she doesn't always listen to me.
Brad, on that point, I feel your pain.:D

Oh,my, don't you tease!
I'm on my hands & knees
(cleaning the floor for fleas).

You speak of milk spilled
I am not that strong-willed
Let us know what you think
Pretty please.
icon10.gif

I'm impressed!!
I want to hear the milk theory too.

I would tend to agree that in most marriages, when a couple work together, communicate, plan things, and know so much about each other...BUT it was mentioned even back before children Nancy felt she had made a mistake..that she felt totally alienated by Brad..He worked long hours, and didnt get involved with her at all..SO doubt Brad would have shared such info..She may have had an account..but I would bet she NEVER saw any statements..Brad kept all these things close to the vest as they say..even to the point of monitoring all her contacts and activities..tho Nancy had NONE to HIS!!..IMOO

You're only going off of what the state of their marriage was in 2008. You don't know for sure how their marriage was prior to know the affair. She felt alienated, but not alienated enough to plan 2 children. Who do you think managed the household (kids, finances, bills, etc) when Brad was away days at a time for his ironman stuff. You can't say she was totally in the dark on how finances were and then turn around and say Brad was never involved with her (or the kids/household). Her friends testified that he would be gone for long periods of time. Who's writing the checks during that time?

But, let's talk this thru (this scenario is based on a not guilty verdict).

BC is arrested for a crime he did not commit. Due to the severity of the crime, he is in jail for 3 years awaiting his day in court. Because he did not commit the crime, the jury was able to acquit him based on lack of evidence.

Sure, the kids have gone thru SO much trauma in their short lives and one more move from their "home" (and maybe the only home they remember since they are so young) would be very disruptive to them. But, BC is an innocent man (remember, this is a scenario), or at least he was found not guilty. Why should he not get his kids back? They're his kids. It's not his fault he hasn't been able to see them (he's been locked up in jail).

I wouldn't suggest he go and take them back the day he gets out of jail, but a very slow transitional period would be appropriate imo.

Don't start throwing things at me now.

Good points -- he IS their Daddy. This could be the scenario -- as long as they involve a good doctor (doctors) to help the adults do the best thing for the girls. It would be interesting to see what good shrinks would recommend...

Interesting johnfear..and TY..however standing outside of your caar on a cul-de-sac doesnt put him in the area of hay location on the construction lot..does it?

Guess we will see this hashed out in court this coming week :waitasec:

I don't know how effective that hay is going to be. There is no way they are going to conclusively prove the hay came from fielding drive. It would be more effective if it was seen on the 12th, not on the 16th when a number of people had been in that house.

"bad experience with an audience member"

Interesting.
I haven't been to the courthouse yet....perhaps i'll go soon.

Well, I am a man too, and I can tell you that we don't all process things alike. While you and I might prioritize a list, others would do the first two or last two things on the list. There is no way I would sleep on yellow sheets.

It's so true how different people are. My husband is big on cleaning floors. He jokes that I don't even know what color our vacuum cleaner is but he has just always taken on that responsibility. However, I don't think I have ever seen him wipe a counter and the few times he has unloaded the dishwasher he didn't even know where things went!

I'm listening to the realtor now. It's so interesting to me that they were working on building a new house. That costs so much $$$. All the little extras...it's so much more than buying an existing home and they were already on a HELOC on their current home and almost approaching the height of the housing bubble. If anything they should have been downsizing.

Yeah, especially since they would gain no equity on the house -- it sold short and would have no matter what or when, I believe.

Good points -- he IS their Daddy. This could be the scenario -- as long as they involve a good doctor (doctors) to help the adults do the best thing for the girls. It would be interesting to see what good shrinks would recommend...

I think if he is found not guilty, it's almost a slam dunk that the Rentz's will file a wrongful death civil suit, where the burden of proof is lower. I think custody wouldn't change hands during that process.

icon7.gif
Cody100, Barbiejet --
Please be yourself and post (within the rules which are mostly a mixture of common sense and common decency, and remember to never use children's names...) whatever you would like so say. There's always someone who will (or mostly) agree with you and someone who won't.

That's what makes this WS world spin. So many times someone you don't agree with will post a little thing or two that makes you think, "hmmmm, I never thought of that." It's fun as long as it we don't get personal with it.

So please don't hesitate to jump in this "pool" -- it's definitely big enough for all of us.

And so to anyone else who is hesitant. We all think and we all have....... and opinions. And all of us, no matter what we say, leave golo suckin' wind at the starting gate. MOO
icon7.gif

Thanks for the comments. I don't feel hesitant to join into the discussions, but it did and still bothers me how many "Hang BC at sunrise" folks are here.

It's so true how different people are. My husband is big on cleaning floors. He jokes that I don't even know what color our vacuum cleaner is but he has just always taken on that responsibility. However, I don't think I have ever seen him wipe a counter and the few times he has unloaded the dishwasher he didn't even know where things went!

Guys, the point is, Brad was obviously not big on doing any household cleaning. At least that is what the sworn evidence shows so far.

I don't recall him saying he was home alone with the kids Friday am before the Lowes trip. I thought he said something about "helping with the kids" or something like that made him late for work.
He and Nancy were probably fighting.

I would love to know for sure if she was there or not. If she was out, it might give some indication of where she was heading on Saturday (assuming BC is innocent).

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before.

Guys, the point is, Brad was obviously not big on doing any household cleaning. At least that is what the sworn evidence shows so far.

The sworn evidence is only coming from whatever NC told her friends though. They weren't in that house every day.

I'm not saying it's not true, but it's based on hearsay.

The sworn evidence is only coming from whatever NC told her friends though. They weren't in that house every day.

I'm not saying it's not true, but it's based on hearsay.

Guess you forgot the bug man and her friends saw the condition of the house many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08