Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know. I was here.

I remember when Rita made landfall very well because we had hoped to return home from hurrication that day, but postponed our return to New Orleans due to the approaching sister storm.

The report I linked contains Louisiana DOC daily "mssage points" from 09/04/05-11/06/05. As Rita approached, Phelps CC (DeQuincy) housed 160 Katrina inmate evacuees. According to the bulletin for 09/23/05, they were part of the 1758 inmates relocated to other facilities in anticipation of Rita. Local jails took in 1567 of them, and 191 went to state facilities. I was reading backwards chronologically last night and mistakenly posted that the inmates were moved after the storm (Rita) damaged Phelps. (People were either coming or going; or going and coming, and then going someplace else. It's all blurs together in my mind.) Regardless, because the date of his relocation has been reported as 09/22-23/05, the point of my post was to suggest BSL's relocation from DeQuincy to Avoyelles Parish might have been storm related, and not for the purpose of commencing a re-entry program as some have speculated.

Maybe, maybe not. Just trying to put it all together.

http://www.nola.com/katrina/blancodocs/Dept_Timelines_Chronology_11.pdf

Thanks Bessie for the link, don't have time to peruse it right now but will save it for later. Your analysis of it makes perfect sense, though, because all "routine" transfers would have been suspended at that time due to the chaos and destruction wrought by Katrina and the approaching (and often forgotten) Rita, which was as destructive as K but fortunately did not affect any cities as large as NOLA. I don't mean to imply that the communities affected by Rita were not as devastated as NOLA/MS, just that it did strike an area generally less populous, and that people heeded the evacuation orders. That entire September are etched in my mind and my only direct effect was that we were without power for a week following Rita and it was HOT! Thank God Louisianans are resilient people and have come back from those tragedies better than ever (I believe).

One other point to think about in the possibility of tracking BSL's offshore hitches since 2008 is any evacuations of rigs due to hurricanes, such as Gustav, Ike, etc. Of course, that info would have to be correlated by someone (LE, hopefully) who could gain access to his employment records.

Actually, I know one thing that would have helped in the old days: Cajun Justice from the men of her family, and the family of the 1999 victim. Whatever that means.

My little twisted way of explaining the meaning...
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are first cousins. Afta 7 clock mass on Sunday mornin, Boud tells Thib dat he done heard from his neighbor Joubert, dat Sonnier down at da feed sto, was a smilin jus a lil too friendly wit Thib's wife yest while she was a gettin some chicken feed. Well, Lejeune (Thib's bro-in-law) over-heard dat. So did his oldest boy. No time flat, all da women servin coffee and beignets in da reception hall, are a spittin fire bout it wit Thib's wife. Evybody done got riled up and ready ta 'back' up Thib ta teach Sonnier a lesson with cajun justice.
Jus as day bout ta leave da church grounds, mind ya, here comes Sonnier walkin ta 9 clock mass. Jus a smilin away!

I do not wish to condone nor censure cajun justice. It's just kinda 'the way it is'.
A part of a generational upbringing. Especially in small Cajun Country towns, as the saying goes...'where the men are men...and the women are, too'!
And some take that as a compliment! :blushing:

I apologize if I've offended anyone.

"Mickey Shunick courageously
sacrificed her life,
so that other victims may live
...in the early morning hours of
May 19th, 2012,
a hero was born"
Foxfire

"Sing your death song,
and die like a hero going home"
Shawnee First Nation

Mighty Mick 5/21/1990 - 5/19/2012
7852917564_17f08c8ced.jpg

In Memory of Mickey Shunick - YouTube

Deserves a bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a tv show called Cajun Justice ...the other night. First time i have ever watched that show. Let me tell you..it was some crazy show. It caught my attention and i watched it most of the night. lol...They were running a marathon with it. CRAZY.....is that what cajun justice is all about? lol

I saw a tv show called Cajun Justice ...the other night. First time i have ever watched that show. Let me tell you..it was some crazy show. It caught my attention and i watched it most of the night. lol...They were running a marathon with it. CRAZY.....is that what cajun justice is all about? lol

That show has nothing to do with the Cajun Justice that people on this site are talking about. The show was about a sheriff who wanted some Hollywood attention. He is no longer sheriff and the show will not be renewed. That is just a poor showing on his part. He took a sheriff's department that had several million dollars ahead of itself and ended it with having to borrow money to finish out his term. The sheriff before him who helped put him in office came back and got him out. He didn't even run for re election.

And that is the troof. I am not verified on here but I do know what I am talking about on this

Hope they put a huge ball and chain on BSL leg when and if Hurricane Issac comes through. lol

I didn't mean anything bad about cajun justice and La in general.....that was the first time i had seen that show...I didn't think for a minute that cajuns were like that...that show just struck me as kind of funny. I have never been to La..and after being on this thread from the beginning and watching soo many people from La write on this thread.....and the support that everyone gave to Mickey.....i would love to visit there sometime.....I've always liked La..but now i think i would love it there.

My little twisted way of explaining the meaning...
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are first cousins. Afta 7 clock mass on Sunday mornin, Boud tells Thib dat he done heard from his neighbor Joubert, dat Sonnier down at da feed sto, was a smilin jus a lil too friendly wit Thib's wife yest while she was a gettin some chicken feed. Well, Lejeune (Thib's bro-in-law) over-heard dat. So did his oldest boy. No time flat, all da women servin coffee and beignets in da reception hall, are a spittin fire bout it wit Thib's wife. Evybody done got riled up and ready ta 'back' up Thib ta teach Sonnier a lesson with cajun justice.
Jus as day bout ta leave da church grounds, mind ya, here comes Sonnier walkin ta 9 clock mass. Jus a smilin away!

I do not wish to condone nor censure cajun justice. It's just kinda 'the way it is'.
A part of a generational upbringing. Especially in small Cajun Country towns, as the saying goes...'where the men are men...and the women are, too'!

I apologize if I've offended anyone.

No offense to me :dance:
After all, LE stepped up security for that hearing!.... in fear of a Krazy Kjn!

That show really embarrassed me! Especially the episode with the two idiot teenagers who were trying to catch a glimpse of the loup garrou (I betcha that isn't spelled right!) with a chicken they stole outta Momma's refrigerator.

Other parts were flat out hilarious, I loved the shrimpers!! I know some good old guys that are just like that!

That show really embarrassed me! Especially the episode with the two idiot teenagers who were trying to catch a glimpse of the loup garrou (I betcha that isn't spelled right!) with a chicken they stole outta Momma's refrigerator.

Other parts were flat out hilarious, I loved the shrimpers!! I know some good old guys that are just like that!

I know.....looking for big foot with a chicken hanging on a wire..lol....Their mother didn't look so happy..lol

OT but important and I just gotta post it.

Hearing the most current forecast predictions for Isaac, you (my LA & AL area friends) are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that all us (non-locals on this site) have you in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare and deal with the storm. Make good prepartations, wise decisions and be safe.

You can tell the storm is coming...gas lines are long, food shelves are empty. Good golly--hang in there everyone and don't be stubborn, if it keeps turning, get a plan in place and evacuate! Stay safe--

Wow that made me cry like a baby. Breaks my heart every time i think of her

I think we are all thinking about her much of the time......sweet little baby...she's an angel with wings.....wrapped in heavenly father's arms.

Wow that made me cry like a baby. Breaks my heart every time i think of her

I am sure that her dog, horse, and other pets are missing her presence and are grieving for their master. Animals/pets are very aware and instinctual..

I am sure that her dog, horse, and other pets are missing her presence and are grieving for their master. Animals/pets are very aware and instinctual..

I know it is very sad that they are waiting for her to come back and missing her very much...animals have no time frame ....and will wait forever.

i can't understand why he would have been allowed to leave the country knowing he had bought concrete and buckets. Maybe someone can if they aren't charged? How could anyone not know that abusive husband, divorce, disappearace and concrete and buckets probably equals one thing imo. I'll have to read up and see if there is more to it.

i believe he "may have told" le that he was going to make a quick visit home, and skipped out.
Not very smart / aggressive of le.
It's very sad. I have no idea of what le is doing if anything. From what i understand, sylvaine had reported his abusive behavior to le and had asked the husband to leave.
She and her young daughter were very close so my heart aches for the little girl.

my little twisted way of explaining the meaning...
Boudreaux and thibodeaux are first cousins. Afta 7 clock mass on sunday mornin, boud tells thib dat he done heard from his neighbor joubert, dat sonnier down at da feed sto, was a smilin jus a lil too friendly wit thib's wife yest while she was a gettin some chicken feed. Well, lejeune (thib's bro-in-law) over-heard dat. So did his oldest boy. No time flat, all da women servin coffee and beignets in da reception hall, are a spittin fire bout it wit thib's wife. Evybody done got riled up and ready ta 'back' up thib ta teach sonnier a lesson with cajun justice.
Jus as day bout ta leave da church grounds, mind ya, here comes sonnier walkin ta 9 clock mass. Jus a smilin away!

A part of a generational upbringing. Especially in small cajun country towns, as the saying goes...'where the men are men...and the women are, too'!

I apologize if i've offended anyone.

lol !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads