Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Missy. Do you have a link for this interesting bit of information.

TIA. :)

Hello Ms. Bessie!!! :seeya:

Hope you and the hubby are feeling better!!! Prays to you and your entire family!!! Get well soon!! Welcome back!!! We have certainly missed you!!!

Depends entirely on the jurisdiction and what their SOPs are. If it's an intact body and found within a certain distance of the coroner or M.E. and there are people available to transport those remains (like the fully intact bodies in OJ case in LA County) then an M.E. dept can pick them up. Alternatively, it could be a fire department or paramedic type vehicle to make transport.

If remains are skeletal or it's partial remains and bone fragments it might be a different procedure altogether.

Some skeletal remains of either a very small teen or a child were discovered in FL outside of Orlando. Some case followers on a missing person case out of SC thought these could be the remains of that young woman. There was a blanket with the skeletal remains. The skeletal remains were collected and shipped to some lab in FL for testing/DNA, etc. No ID could be made, and then the bones were boxed up once again and sent to another state (either TN or TX) to another lab to see if they could help. The blanket was sent off for DNA testing somewhere else. It wasn't the young woman from SC but no idea if they ever figured out who is was. The point: they boxed up the bones and set them off.

This is actually a common occurrence (for skeletal remains and bone fragments to be boxed up for shipping to someone with forensic anthropologic expertise) and it's not considered heinous or suspect or disrespectful to the victim. When Caylee Anthony's remains were found just a mile or 2 from her home, sifters made of some kind of screen material were used by the responders to sift the dirt through to find the small bones and bone fragments, which were then boxed up and sent to Dr.G's office. It wasn't the M.E.'s office who did the sifting at the scene--they were sent the bones in sealed box(es). Caylee's skull was boxed up and sent off to some other forensic scientist in some other lab in some other city or state who conducted his experiments. Different forensic experts then testified at trial to what they examined and what their tests determined.

IMHO, I think you are missing the point...Jaddie's post mentioned that she was upset about WHO handled the bones...not that they were boxed up. IMO, Jaddie's post questioned whether the people handling the bones where "qualified" to handle those bones or if there was a more appropriate agency that should have done that.

Hello Ms. Bessie!!! :seeya:

Hope you and the hubby are feeling better!!! Prays to you and your entire family!!! Get well soon!! Welcome back!!! We have certainly missed you!!!
Thank you so much and back at ya, BCA. :loveyou:

Wow.

• "Under no circumstances should clothing or effects be handled or disturbed prior to the examination of the body; or the scene altered, including moving weapons, items near the body, or to perform diagnostic examination, except by specific authorization of the Medical Examiner's Office. The body must be maintained in its original state. Personal effects and clothing obtained in Emergency Room situations must be meticulously protected, saved, and released to Medical Examiner or law enforcement personnel.
  • The body may not be released to anyone other than Medical Examiner personnel, unless so authorized by the Medical Examiner."

Exactly, and even more important in a supposed crime scene to follow proper procedure.

They couldn't stay away from investigation & avoid all ascustions of planting because if they weren't involved he wouldn't be in custody. All of there lives were on the line In terms of finances, reputations, and jobs. I have no issue making that leap.

They couldn't stay away from investigation & avoid all ascustions of planting because if they weren't involved he wouldn't be in custody. All of there lives were on the line In terms of finances, reputations, and jobs. I have no issue making that leap.

Yes i think so too, that they had much to lose. As in anything to do with large amounts of money there is system abuse, as we can also see with Govt. etc. Invested interests to protect i would think, and eliminate whoever or whatever gets in their way, IMO.
Human beings are just collateral damage.

Yes i think so too, that they had much to lose. As in anything to do with large amounts of money there is system abuse, as we can also see with Govt. etc. Invested interests to protect i would think, and eliminate whoever or whatever gets in their way, IMO.
Human beings are just collateral damage.

Agreed...How convenient for SA to be arrested on 10/9, thereby making it possible for those two crucial depositions (of TK and DV on 10/10 and 10/15) to be canceled as they were no longer going to be needed, it would seem. :thinking:

Agreed...How convenient for SA to be arrested on 10/9, thereby making it possible for those two crucial depositions (of TK and DV on 10/10 and 10/15) to be canceled as they were no longer going to be needed, it would seem. :thinking:

Yes i agree, it all fell into place for them nicely & conveniently. And i think it's why so many people are suspicious of what went down in Manitowoc County when looking at the overall picture of the Teresa Halbach case.
And that is another thing that makes no sense to me because SA had already been wrongfully convicted before, then was exonerated of that crime to then be going through litigation for a civil suit where he stood to get quite a substantial amount of compensation. Even if he wasn't going to get 36 million dollars, but ended up with 4-500,000, for someone who has no wealth that is a ton of money. Why would he then blow it all and murder Teresa Halbach, and set himself up for that? And i don't buy the because he felt invincible b.s. either, because SA had already been set up once by the authorities, and was concerned it could happen again, and it did. And the way the TH investigation was handled is very concerning to say the least. All JMO.

Yes i agree, it all fell into place for them nicely & conveniently. And i think it's why so many people are suspicious of what went down in Manitowoc County when looking at the overall picture of the Teresa Halbach case.
And that is another thing that makes no sense to me because SA had already been wrongfully convicted before, then was exonerated of that crime to then be going through litigation for a civil suit where he stood to get quite a substantial amount of compensation. Even if he wasn't going to get 36 million dollars, but ended up with 4-500,000, for someone who has no wealth that is a ton of money. Why would he then blow it all and murder Teresa Halbach, and set himself up for that? And i don't buy the because he felt invincible b.s. either, because SA had already been set up once by the authorities, and was concerned it could happen again, and it did. And the way the TH investigation was handled is very concerning to say the least. All JMO.

:yeahthat:

IMHO, I think you are missing the point...Jaddie's post mentioned that she was upset about WHO handled the bones...not that they were boxed up. IMO, Jaddie's post questioned whether the people handling the bones where "qualified" to handle those bones or if there was a more appropriate agency that should have done that.
bbm

Apparently, those who handles the bones were about as "qualified" as they are "Honest"... Here is how Steve Moore, (FBI), puts it... complete with a pic of they way it should have been handled, (just like Missy said), exactly as found before moving anything at all:

Grid.jpg
OFF THE GRID

Another head-shaking moment for me was that the Avery burn-pit itself was not 'gridded.' Gridding is essentially a survey taken of the actual crime evidence location. Everything is photographed and mapped, identifying the location of every single item in that area in relation to every single other item. For instance, if leg bone fragments were found inside skull bones, it would be prima facie evidence that the bones had been moved somehow post-burning, or that the bones were simply dropped at the site in a pile. Gridding of a site where a body was burned should show (within certain parameters) bones in normal relationship to each other, with deviations for the affects of heat.

Gridding could have been powerful evidence and likely proven whether the Avery burn pit was the primary burn site or not. However, because Manitowoc and Calumet SO's did such a poor job of managing the scene, this crucial evidence was lost. The frustration of Wisconsin State Crime Lab forensic scientist John Ertl was palpable as he testified to the lack of proper procedure used by the deputies. Due to the destruction of the crime scene, the ability of the state lab to assist was drastically reduced.

One thing we know for sure: The bones of Teresa Halbach were moved. That is not in dispute. For Avery to have burned Teresa's body the night of the bonfire, he would have had to do so knowing that people might have shown up. The body would have to have been consumed dramatically quickly. The other possibility is that Avery burned the body at the quarry, then returned the remaining bones to his burn pit, which makes no sense at all.

I think that the evidence points strongly to the scenario of Teresa's body being burned at the quarry, then the remains transferred to Avery's pit in BB2. Additionally, Avery had an incinerator which would have made quick work of the body, negating his need to burn it in the open.

More evidence that Teresa's body was likely not burned behind Stephen Avery's house is the strong evidence that she was transported from the murder scene, wherever that was, in her own vehicle. It seems obvious at this point that she was not killed at the Avery trailer or garage. Why then, would Avery bring her back to his house to burn her body? Then, take only a few of the bones and put them in the quarry burn site. It makes no sense.

If the prosecutor believes that Stephen Avery killed Teresa Halbach in his trailer or his garage, and then piled her body in to the RAV4 to drive her 20 feet to the bonfire, Mr. Kratz has been over-medicating himself.

http://www.gmancasefile.com/moore-to-the-story.html

IIRC that is how they recovered the remains of Caylee Anthony too, they did a grid. It's not easy to search because there is just so much info and news articles from around that time. But I did follow that case, and I recall the grid thing. It really does tell a 'story' and it should have been done in this case too JMO

Whoever burned TH's body really did a number on protocols. They burned her clothes, they burned as much of her as they could, they further reduced her remains to smaller pieces, they put steel belted tires tires on her to accelerate the burning (remember steel belts were found melded to her bones or emeshed), they put her personal items in a burn barrel and burned those. Talk about not following the rules and written procedures. Yikes!

Whoever burned TH's body really did a number on protocols. They burned her clothes, they burned as much of her as they could, they further reduced her remains to smaller pieces, they put steel belted tires tires on her to accelerate the burning (remember steel belts were found melded to her bones or emeshed), they put her personal items in a burn barrel and burned those. Talk about not following the rules and written procedures. Yikes!

Not understanding what you are saying here, are you making fun of the posters here for expecting LE to follow protocols and procedures?

I'm saying TH was already reduced down to bits, pieces, and rubble just from her murder and burning. So little of her was left before anyone could find her. Her clothes...burned down to nothing except for a rivet, a zipper. Bones with steel belts intertwined. She very well could have been missed altogether except for a trained K9 who could find her scent.

When I read the WI protocol for body preservation and saw what was listed as needing to be left untouched, all I could think was that whoever did this to TH left almost nothing and I saw the irony in that. People are focusing on LE, but TH's desecration was days before LE ever stepped on site and reading that protocol really brought home how heinous her death and disposal was.

Huh. It seemed to me, that you were defending LE's handling of the remains/burn site, as not really unusual, or suspicious in any way, and then your argument seemed to change to, *well the murderer didn't follow the rules either* imo

I'm saying TH was already reduced down to bits, pieces, and rubble just from her murder and burning. So little of her was left before anyone could find her. Her clothes...burned down to nothing except for a rivet, a zipper. Bones with steel belts intertwined. She very well could have been missed altogether except for a trained K9 who could find her scent.

When I read the WI protocol for body preservation and saw what was listed as needing to be left untouched, all I could think was that whoever did this to TH left almost nothing and I saw the irony in that. People are focusing on LE, but TH's desecration was days before LE ever stepped on site and reading that protocol really brought home how heinous her death and disposal was.

And this is where I say, can I see some proof of that, please, that "TH's desecration was days before LE ever stepped on site"? Some kind of documentation would have been nice to show the "bones with steel belts intertwined", for example.

And this is where I say, can I see some proof of that, please, that "TH's desecration was days before LE ever stepped on site"? Some kind of documentation would have been nice to show the "bones with steel belts intertwined", for example.
:goodpost::coffeews::waiting::whistle::hourglass:

Agreed, and not documentation done 8 months later, a year later or 10 years later some proper documentation is needed.

So why not just explain it like this?😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

🤘😚😉❤👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members