Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on. That's a link to the same statute that I've been using. That statute does not say that the ME or Coroner has a right to be at a crime scene to collect evidence.

In all cases of death reportable under sub. (1) or s. 948.23 (1) (b) where an autopsy is not performed, the coroner or medical examiner may take for analysis any and all specimens, body fluids and any other material which will assist him or her in determining the cause of death. The specimens, body fluids and other material taken under this subsection shall not be admissible in evidence in any civil action against the deceased or the deceased's estate, as the result of any act of the deceased.
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/979/01

LOL, I didn't make it up, it's there in black & white.

In all cases of death reportable under sub. (1) or s. 948.23 (1) (b) where an autopsy is not performed, the coroner or medical examiner may take for analysis any and all specimens, body fluids and any other material which will assist him or her in determining the cause of death. The specimens, body fluids and other material taken under this subsection shall not be admissible in evidence in any civil action against the deceased or the deceased's estate, as the result of any act of the deceased.
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/979/01

That's what I was saying up thread. This statute talks about the Coroner or ME may take for analysis specimens or other "material" and using them in determining the COD.

It doesn't say that the Coroner or ME is the only one to collect the materials. Or that LE must allow them to collect those specimens.

It's there in black and white. LOL

With my dad it's because he was under a doctors care and terminal.

With my uncle he was under a doctors care and LE found no sign of it being a homicide. He had just had his pacemaker replaced a few days before. It was suspected that an infection developed that caused his death. No way to know for sure because the ME wouldn't do an autopsy and family couldn't afford to pay for one.

Sorry to hear about the deaths of your family members Ranch...sending prayers!! RIP dad and uncle Ranch!!! :rose::rose:

Sorry to hear about the deaths of your family members Ranch...sending prayers!! RIP dad and uncle Ranch!!! :rose::rose:

Thanks.

I hope you understand the point of the previous posts that I've made. I can see that a violation of statute 979 was made in regards to notifying the Coroner. I don't see any violation beyond that.

I'm not trying to say that LE handled the crime scene properly or that they were right in not letting the Coroner on scene.

I was with my dad when he died at home and nothing like that happened. Same when my uncle died at home. LE was present after my uncle's unexpected death. No ME/Coroner or autopsy.

Not my opinion. FACT.

Sorry for your loss.:rose:

That's what I was saying up thread. This statute talks about the Coroner or ME may take for analysis specimens or other "material" and using them in determining the COD.

It doesn't say that the Coroner or ME is the only one to collect the materials. Or that LE must allow them to collect those specimens.

It's there in black and white. LOL

Something you can read up on about that here:
Protecting the Crime Scene.
https://prezi.com/_jwfmknqqv1w/protecting-the-crime-scene/

And i'm sure there are other articles on that subject you could find on the internet as well. Maybe you could find something else and post it up here for the rest of us to read as well, TIA.

Something you can read up on about that here:
Protecting the Crime Scene.
https://prezi.com/_jwfmknqqv1w/protecting-the-crime-scene/

And i'm sure there are other articles on that subject you could find on the internet as well. Maybe you could find something else and post it up here for the rest of us to read as well, TIA.

I stopped taking assignments like that when I graduated high school many years.ago. Besides, my vacation started when i got off work today and I will not have time to do the research.

In fact when I leave on Monday I will be somewhere without an internet connection for a few days.

http://instructor.mstc.edu/instructor/mbessett/Intro to CJ/CriminalLawOfficersHandbook.pdf
CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS
P
reserve the Scene

Set perimeters for scene: think “large
” (ropes, barricades, tapes, etc.)

Do Not
allow entry by non-authorized personnel

Log entry/departure of persons in crime scene

Document observations and record any changes: include sketches

Do not contaminate the scene (touch or step on evidence)

Do not move things before they are documented

Document any changes in scene (victim, objects, or conditions)

Note all possible evidence or suspects

Note weather conditions

Note any vehicles: description/registration
This is specific to the state of Wisconsin.

I stopped taking assignments like that when I graduated high school many years.ago. Besides, my vacation started when i got off work today and I will not have time to do the research.

In fact when I leave on Monday I will be somewhere without an internet connection for a few days.

I don't look at it as being high school stuff, it's a learning curve if we're interested. I have had a good education in my own research on the internet.
Hope you have a nice vacay, :)

I don't look at it as being high school stuff, it's a learning curve if we're interested. I have had a good education in my own research on the internet.
Hope you have a nice vacay, :)

Hopefully after a nice break from my normal job I'll be refreshed and ready to do some research on this.

In the mean time I'll be using my body to get some work done at the ranch.

Well i hope you can find some time to relax as well.

As much as I enjoy reading these threads, I am going to say something contentious here. Can anyone, point to any factual evidence that the death of Teresa was at the hands of anyone else that is currently not serving a prison sentence for it?

MaM raised some very good questions about the fallibility of US law, but other than that? Nothing. There is no other evidence linking anyone else to this crime. Planting of evidence is a non starter. The burn pit guff? Who knows what happened. Ask Avery to explain what he did.

I live in the UK and there is a movement to get Avery freed. Bonkers. I am going to start one to make sure he stays in jail unless I see concrete evidence that he did not commit this crime.

(PS - I have been campaigning to keep Peter Sutcliffe in jail, for those that live outside the UK, please Google 'The Yorkshire Ripper.' - He is a hideous B@@t@@d.....)

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for Brendan Dassey to be able to have approval to get out on bond while awaiting the appeal by the state.

I say again, I agree that not immediately notifying the Coroner is an apparent violation of Wisconsin Statute 979.

I don't know if it's the Coroners call to attend the scene. I can't find it in Wisconsin statute.

Different government agency's sometimes don't get along. Power trips and all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Have you read her portion of testimony at SA's trial? The Judge described it as more of a "turf war". He didn't say whether it was the right or wrong decision they made, however, he believed they were trying to prevent any further accusations of bias.

From reading her testimony she does come across as though she is 'getting back' at those who would not allow her to be involved in such a huge case that would have looked good on her CV. Simply put, in my opinion she was nursing a bruised ego.

Also in her testimony she, herself, says she doesn't attend every death.

From one of the links that was posted earlier, the Coroner/ ME only has to give authorisation to remove the remains. They don't have to do it personally.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for Brendan Dassey to be able to have approval to get out on bond while awaiting the appeal by the state.
Judge Duffin stated in his decision that if the State appeals, the judgement would be stayed until the resolution of the appeal. When the appeal was lodged it triggered the stay of judgement. Not sure why everyone believes he will be released.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I don't know the answer to this, but it seems like the majority of these motions, the opposing side usually has 30 days to respond. So after that 30 days, then I guess it would be up to the judge to decide, or maybe to hold a hearing. From recent articles, it sounds like the State thinks that any motion to release should be addressed to the Seventh Circuit court (I doubt they want Judge Duffin ruling on it lol).

Everything is slow in this process.

JMO

I don't know the answer to this, but it seems like the majority of these motions, the opposing side usually has 30 days to respond. So after that 30 days, then I guess it would be up to the judge to decide, or maybe to hold a hearing. From recent articles, it sounds like the State thinks that any motion to release should be addressed to the Seventh Circuit court (I doubt they want Judge Duffin ruling on it lol).

Everything is slow in this process.

JMO

Thanks missy. I agree it sure is a waiting game.

As much as I enjoy reading these threads, I am going to say something contentious here. Can anyone, point to any factual evidence that the death of Teresa was at the hands of anyone else that is currently not serving a prison sentence for it?

MaM raised some very good questions about the fallibility of US law, but other than that? Nothing. There is no other evidence linking anyone else to this crime. Planting of evidence is a non starter. The burn pit guff? Who knows what happened. Ask Avery to explain what he did.

I live in the UK and there is a movement to get Avery freed. Bonkers. I am going to start one to make sure he stays in jail unless I see concrete evidence that he did not commit this crime.

(PS - I have been campaigning to keep Peter Sutcliffe in jail, for those that live outside the UK, please Google 'The Yorkshire Ripper.' - He is a hideous B@@t@@d.....)

Well of course there is no "concrete evidence" because nobody looked for any. But no one knows where TH was killed, or how. (except her killer, of course). Do you know?
If you can't prove where she was killed and how she was killed, how can you be so certain you know who killed her?

A lot of top notch professionals believe, (obviously), someone other than SA killed her. How do you explain that? ( Are they all just not seeing this case with your level of sophistication?) Here's what Steve Moore had to say after learning about the various places TH burned remains were located:

bbm

"INVESTIGATOR'S NOTES:

Scott Tadych had access to BB2
Tadych and his girlfriend's son Bobby Dassey (who live in the same house) go hunting at the same time on the same day, and don't go together?
Tadych and Bobby Dassey are each others' alibi witnesses?
Start looking at Scott Tadych.

HOW THE NEEDLE HAS MOVED

Ultimately, I now think that while Steven Avery remains a suspect, I wouldn't put him at or near the top of my list
I still want to know how Ryan Hillegas was able to hack into Teresa Halbach's voicemail. It smacks of an obsessed boyfriend who could not let go of a girlfriend who broke up with him. What better way for a stalker to monitor his victim then to be able to see who's calling her and listen to every voicemail left for her? That would be 'stalker gold.'

Another suspect high on the list (besides Hillegas or Bloedorn) is the person who was obsessively calling Halbach. Obviously, the film-makers are holding that information for a more dramatic reveal. I wonder if it's Hillegas.

And now, finally, I have to add two names to the list of potential suspects: Scott Tadych and Bobby Dassey. I'm not accusing them, but neither am I sure that either one were properly investigated by either Manitowoc or Calumet County Sheriff's Offices. Frankly, I'm beginning to think that nobody was properly investigated in this case.

And that last bolded stament is the crux of the problem, imo.
http://www.gmancasefile.com/moore-to-the-story.html

Now I am off to investigate Peter Sutcliffe! ( I have heard of the Yorkshire Ripper, but have not not done a *Deep Dive*).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper