Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on this so not sure if this has been brought up already. Because he had initially "confessed", albeit a false/coerced confession, do you think there's any way he could go after the state/county for false imprisonment? So sad so much of his life was wasted being incarcerated because his mental capacity was taken advantage of.. JMO.

I believe if it stands that his confession was against his constitutional rights and basically coerced, he will have a case. JMO

I believe if it stands that his confession was against his constitutional rights and basically coerced, he will have a case. JMO

I certainly hope so. He deserves something back for what he has missed in life for sure. I very much hope we will see him released by Friday. I also hope he hasn't been treated too badly while incarcerated and will eventually be able to work out what happened to him so he can still have a fulfilling rest of his life.

I certainly hope so. He deserves something back for what he has missed in life for sure. I very much hope we will see him released by Friday. I also hope he hasn't been treated too badly while incarcerated and will eventually be able to work out what happened to him so he can still have a fulfilling rest of his life.

His lawyers really seem to have a good plan for him, something that was not done for Steven Avery when he was exonerated back in 2003, which is too bad.

I would actually like to see that Brendan is already out as we speak! Judge Duffin said NO LATER than 8pm on Friday. And it looks like all the necessary checks have been done and approved already, no need for him to still be there IMO.

by the way... :wagon: to the forum! I apologize if you have posted before and I don't remember ;-)

:wagon: to all that have posted for the first time or have come back recently :)

His lawyers really seem to have a good plan for him, something that was not done for Steven Avery when he was exonerated back in 2003, which is too bad.

I would actually like to see that Brendan is already out as we speak! Judge Duffin said NO LATER than 8pm on Friday. And it looks like all the necessary checks have been done and approved already, no need for him to still be there IMO.

by the way... :wagon: to the forum! I apologize if you have posted before and I don't remember ;-)

:wagon: to all that have posted for the first time or have come back recently :)

I saw that, that he would stay with his mom for a bit and then get an apartment and do classes & things to help him integrate back into regular life. I love to see that, he most definitely deserves to have a positive change to grow and be free and hopefully even have a family of his own one day.

And thank you so much Missy! I love this community, have been coming here off & on since the Hannah Graham case brought me here. I love that everyone here advocates so much for justice in a world full of so much injustice. It gives me hope that there are good people out there still, who truly care. Thank you again! :loveyou:

trex ~ websleuth's is my go to place! When I first started watching MaM and started thinking 'wth is going on here'..... I came right to websleuths to read LOL

Although a lot of us here are looking for justice for Brendan and Steven, we all want justice for Teresa too. If they have been wrongfully convicted, that means justice has not been served for her either, and that's not fair to her or her family. My heart goes out to them, and all of this cannot be easy for them at all, I hope that with justice they will find peace.

trex ~ websleuth's is my go to place! When I first started watching MaM and started thinking 'wth is going on here'..... I came right to websleuths to read LOL

Although a lot of us here are looking for justice for Brendan and Steven, we all want justice for Teresa too. If they have been wrongfully convicted, that means justice has not been served for her either, and that's not fair to her or her family. My heart goes out to them, and all of this cannot be easy for them at all, I hope that with justice they will find peace.

I agree SO much.. It is a shame to me and JMO that the detectives & LE seemed to be on a witchhunt to get that family and were more interested in naming them guilty right away instead of doing non-biased detective work to find out what really happened to Teresa and who actually did it. My heart goes out to them too, I feel like the whole thing was handled so wrongly to begin with in a way that potentially corrupted the actual crime scene and vital evidence. Again, JMO. I also hope true honest justice can still happen and give everyone that peace and closure.

ok... so I thought I would check out Steven Drizin's (one of BD's lawyers) twitter. The guy has a sense of humour, with so much on the line for Brendan, he has tweeted this to John Ferak (the reporter, who has been sitting outside the prison waiting for Brendan to be released)....

Steven A Drizin ‏@SDrizin 9h9 hours ago
This is to you John Ferak. A gift from the kinks: Tired Of Waiting For You
[video=youtube;QkBvsBpgGbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=QkBvsBpgGbo[/video]

He also tweeted this earlier today:
Steven A Drizin ‏@SDrizin 11h11 hours ago
Watching in awe from DC as Ms. Nirider and students fight tooth and nail to bring Brendan home. Can't wait to come back and join the fight!

On John Ferak's twitter account... he has retweeted another reporter, 2 hours ago, they were still at the prison waiting, and the street was lined with news crews.

https://twitter.com/johnferak

On John Ferak's twitter account... he has retweeted another reporter, 2 hours ago, they were still at the prison waiting, and the street was lined with news crews.

https://twitter.com/johnferak

Hmmmm if the media are all waiting out on the street that leads me to believe they are getting ready to release him sooner than later and they are there ready for the moment!!

It seems like they are just taking the same arguments and repeating them in every motion they file. And the mandatory first statement is always this:

This case involves the brutal rape, murder,and mutilation of Teresa Halbach that 16-year-old Brendan Dassey committed with his uncle, Steven Avery.

Which I don't understand how they can continue to state that since Steven Avery was never convicted of the mutilation, and wasn't even tried on the rape because the State dropped that charge. I really do hope that the Seventh Circuit reads the appeal and denies it outright.

Since you are an attorney, I would be very interested if you have read the decision and the appeal? and what your take is on it?

Haven't read it but I'll try to do that

I agree SO much.. It is a shame to me and JMO that the detectives & LE seemed to be on a witchhunt to get that family and were more interested in naming them guilty right away instead of doing non-biased detective work to find out what really happened to Teresa and who actually did it. My heart goes out to them too, I feel like the whole thing was handled so wrongly to begin with in a way that potentially corrupted the actual crime scene and vital evidence. Again, JMO. I also hope true honest justice can still happen and give everyone that peace and closure.
Couldn't agree with this more!!
Welcome:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes!!
The documentary was only a DOOR..
MAM opened up a DOOR and I too came HERE!
This has been one helluva ride to say the least!
DEFINITELY EYE OPENING.
VERY EYE OPENING.

I did see something on the one FB page from a family member that hinted at another lawyer getting involved for what will inevitably be a lawsuit. But I think we all knew that would be coming ;-) JMO
Indeed we did my friend...indeed we did!
I just want to HUG YOU GUYS!
Missy, BCA, Jaiddie, IDK, COOLJ, KR ( forgot the rest of your username! Sorry kyrs or something like that) KARRINA, HIPPIEMOM,
AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO'S GIVEN THEIR SUPPORT TO BRENDAN!
( I'm a " touchy feelie " girl )
Hugs!!

Breaking news, a stay has been granted by the court. Brendan isn't getting out tomorrow. I feel for the poor kid.

Not only am I outraged at how Dassey and Avery were railroaded but I am just as upset for Halbach's loved ones who trusted authorities to get justice on her behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee