Brittany Murphy Dies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany Murphy 911 Tape

Posted Jan 8th 2010 4:02PM by TMZ Staff
TMZ has obtained the heart-wrenching 911 call made on the day Brittany Murphy died -- it's one of the most devastating pieces of audio we've ever heard. CAUTION: This is a very emotional tape.
Murphy's mom can be heard crying and pleading with the 911 operator: "My daughter is passed out."

During the call, the composed 911 operator tries to instruct Murphy's mom and another person in the room how to perform CPR.

Murphy's mom says Brittany was walking around dizzy at one point and "couldn't walk right. She's had a cold."

Murphy passed away on December 20. A cause of death has not yet been determined.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/08/brittany-murphy-911-tape/

Doing chest compressions on a person who is not breathing, without a heart rate, without also rescue breathing ( or visa versa), is not doing the entire job to really save someone, unfortunately.

The 911 operator should have had her husband do a certain number of compressions, 2 rescue breath, repeat the compressions and follow with two rescue breaths. Keeping the heart beating, without oxygen is no more helpful then giving oxygen without circulating it into the body.

I'm not sure where he came up with the 600 compressions, without checking for a pulse, giving her breaths or checking for breathing again, but unfortunately this is not proper procedure. He should have had Brittanys Mother do chest compressions as he explained to Simon how to do the correct procedure.

Very tragic phone call, you can hear total devastation in Brittanys Mother. Rest in peace sweet Brittany.

Very odd that on that 911 tape, the mother said Brittany hadn't taken any medications....

Very odd that on that 911 tape, the mother said Brittany hadn't taken any medications....

I thought it was weird too but then when I thought about it more (which is a lot for me), it could be that she just hadn't seen her take any. Also, in a panicked state like that, she may not have been thinking clearly.

Doing chest compressions on a person who is not breathing, without a heart rate, without also rescue breathing ( or visa versa), is not doing the entire job to really save someone, unfortunately.

The 911 operator should have had her husband do a certain number of compressions, 2 rescue breath, repeat the compressions and follow with two rescue breaths. Keeping the heart beating, without oxygen is no more helpful then giving oxygen without circulating it into the body.

I'm not sure where he came up with the 600 compressions, without checking for a pulse, giving her breaths or checking for breathing again, but unfortunately this is not proper procedure. He should have had Brittanys Mother do chest compressions as he explained to Simon how to do the correct procedure.

Very tragic phone call, you can hear total devastation in Brittanys Mother. Rest in peace sweet Brittany.

No mouth to mouth is required by the new CPR method. It's now being recommended by the American Heart Association for relatives or bystanders to do until 911 arrives.
"In a major change, the American Heart Association said Monday that hands-only CPR — rapid, deep presses on the victim’s chest until help arrives — works just as well as standard CPR for sudden cardiac arrest in adults."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23884566

i think we all assumed a 'brittney' would die due to her demons. im doubting anyone thought it would be this one.

I pray the other one stays on track and this doesn't happen to her too!

I pray the other one stays on track and this doesn't happen to her too!
I am actually very proud of the other one...
Britney Spears is taking her meds and doing so much better.
It warms my heart to see anyone with a disorder do well. :)

People Magazine article.. Brittany Murphy's Mom: My Daughter Didn't Do Drugs

~Snip

People Magazine Article said:
In their first interview since her death in December, the mother and widower of actress Brittany Murphy tell PEOPLE that they believe she died because of a congenital heart murmur.

"She had a little bit of a cold," says Murphy's mother Sharon of the days leading up to the actress's death. "You could never in a billion years imagine this happening."

Despite rumors that have swirled since her passing, both Sharon Murphy and Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, say the 32-year-old did not suffer from mental illness, use drugs or have an eating disorder. "Do you not think anybody would have picked up on this anorexic, mentally deranged person?" Monjack tells PEOPLE. "It's ludicrous."

I'd love to believe that Brittany didn't die of a drug overdose, but there were several rx's on her nightstand. Guess we will have to wait for the toxicology report. RIP Brittany.

I'd love to believe that Brittany didn't die of a drug overdose, but there were several rx's on her nightstand. Guess we will have to wait for the toxicology report. RIP Brittany.

I agree. Shouldn't that be coming out soon, btw?

I am actually very proud of the other one...
Britney Spears is taking her meds and doing so much better.
It warms my heart to see anyone with a disorder do well. :)
I hope I did not jinx her...As soon as I said how proud I am of her she had a really bad week. :(

Coming in late, but I just have a couple of things I wanted to add.

I was older than Brittany and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes - adults don't get "juvenile," right? Wrong, unfortunately. I was overweight before and was horribly thin before I was finally put on insulin. I felt awful, no energy, no patience with my children. My best friend later told me, "You just didn't look like yourself." I figured out that I had type 1 diabetes because people with type 2 in their 30's don't wear a size 1, exercise for hours, eat almost no carbs and still have very high blood sugar. But, because I had originally been able to control it with diet and exercise (LOTS of exercise, very few carbs), the doctor insisted I had type 2 and kept prescribing different oral meds. FINALLY, I insisted on going on insulin AND being tested to determine what type of diabetes I had. I got a card in the mail telling me I had type 1 diabetes and I almost sent it back to the doctor's office with, "ya THINK??" written on it. I've still had people try to convince me that I have type 2 diabetes because you don't get type 1 after age 20.

Other than the fact that she was very beautiful, she looks so much like I did in her later pictures. Not just thin, not just too thin, just different. Her eyes look almost lifeless, compared to other earlier pictures. I can't help wondering if she didn't have type 1 diabetes, too, and she was just never prescribed insulin or she thought she didn't need it (because type 2 can be managed with diet and exercise, especially if you're thin). Insulin does tend to lead to weight gain, at least in my case.

I hurt for her and pray for her family and friends, especially her mother who seems like a wonderful person.

No mouth to mouth is required by the new CPR method. It's now being recommended by the American Heart Association for relatives or bystanders to do until 911 arrives.
"In a major change, the American Heart Association said Monday that hands-only CPR — rapid, deep presses on the victim’s chest until help arrives — works just as well as standard CPR for sudden cardiac arrest in adults."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23884566

Good to know that it is what is being taught to the public, but last Monday was several weeks after the incident. Guess it has already been in place. Not sure how it would help a person in respiratory distress that is not breathing. A beating heart without oxygen to circulate would keep a heart beating but allow brain damage or brain death depending upon the time elapsed. Very sad all the way around and defibrillators are the greatest boost to life saving techniques in YEARS!! Awesome machines that have saved many people.

Brittany Murphy Death - 'Preventable'

Posted Feb 4th 2010 1:00PM by TMZ Staff
0203_brittneymurphy_ex.jpg
Sources involved in Brittany Murphy's autopsy tell TMZ her death was "preventable."

Sources say the primary causes of Murphy's death were pneumonia and severe anemia. L.A. County Coroner officials believe Brittany's condition was "treatable" but no one took her to the hospital in time.

As for the multiple drugs found in her system, we're told they were both prescription, including medicine for cramps, and over-the-counter medications, including cough syrup. Our sources say the drugs "pushed her over the line" but the underlying problems were the pneumonia and anemia.

In other words, Brittany was really sick, didn't get treatment and by self-medicating it pushed her over the line.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0ebyNATbH

Brittany Murphy's Husband Says Warner Brothers "Killed Her"
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rphys-husband-says-warner-brothers-killed-her

EXCLUSIVE: Mystery Over Brittany Murphy's Death Will Be Solved Next Week
A source close to the investigation tells us that toxicology results are expected back “sometime next week.”

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ittany-murphys-death-will-be-solved-next-week

Warner Brothers my ***. I presume no one here is surprised multiple prescription drugs were found in her system.

Warner Brothers my ***. I presume no one here is surprised multiple prescription drugs were found in her system.
jjenny :) She was the only provider...He has to think of something. :crazy:
Her will is made out with her Mom as the only beneficiary.

Very similar to Anna Nicole and Heath Ledger. I wonder why the types of drugs that caused the intoxication weren't revealed?

Rest in peace Brittany.
Just a little different then Anna Nicole Smith....
she was taking enough drugs to choke a horse, and she had an enabler that was only too happy
to make sure she gets as much as she can consume.

Very similar to Heath Ledger. :(

I wonder if any of the other drugs she was taking interfered with the perscription beta blocker she was taking for her mitral valve prolapse diagnosis? I read somewhere that the beta blocker was being taken to slow her heart rate so her heart would pump more efficiently. If she took another drug that slowed her heart rate considerably - the two combined could have been a disaster. I can't wait to see the list of drugs in her system. It's such a shame that her death could have been completely preventable. RIP Brittany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela