Brittany Murphy Dies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why the tabloids keep reporting that Brittany had all these perscriptions filled in different names - mostly anti-depressants, pain meds, muscle relaxers, blood pressure meds yet in the coroner's report the only drugs that were shown elevated in her system were cold meds...stuff like Vicks Inhaler, allergy meds, hydrocodone (okay, that's for pain and cough) and one other I can't remember. As far as I can tell, there was nothing that would raise a serious red flag - like xanax, vicodin, vallum, oxy-contin, stuff like that. Has anyone else read that she had anything other than cold meds and the Inderal she was taking for her heart murmur n her system at the time of her death?

What I don't understand is why the tabloids keep reporting that Brittany had all these perscriptions filled in different names - mostly anti-depressants, pain meds, muscle relaxers, blood pressure meds yet in the coroner's report the only drugs that were shown elevated in her system were cold meds...stuff like Vicks Inhaler, allergy meds, hydrocodone (okay, that's for pain and cough) and one other I can't remember. As far as I can tell, there was nothing that would raise a serious red flag - like xanax, vicodin, vallum, oxy-contin, stuff like that. Has anyone else read that she had anything other than cold meds and the Inderal she was taking for her heart murmur n her system at the time of her death?

There is a link to the article just a few posts above that says she had components of vicodin in her system. I am re-posting it again.
"L-methamphetamine was also present ... It should be noted that the pattern of use of these medications suggest treatment of symptoms of a cold or other respiratory infection. Acetaminophen and hydrocodone are components of Vicodin. Chlorpheniramine is the active ingredient in some over-the-counter medications. L-methamphetamine is a component of some inhalers."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/3382665/No-illegal-drugs-in-Brittanys-death

Thanks jjenny. I had missed the previous post about this. But I'm still unclear. Was she chronically abusing drugs or did she just over-medicate herself trying to get over the pneumonia?

On a side note, there is a video up on Radaronline of the bathroom where she passed out. Her husband let Radar in to film it. I'm sure he got paid. He must be hard up for cash to let them come in and film like that. I wasn't going to watch it, but then I did. Monjack says it hasn't been touched since Brittany passed. I have to say I have never seen so many cosmetics and toiletries in one place in all my life. It is unreal.

Thanks jjenny. I had missed the previous post about this. But I'm still unclear. Was she chronically abusing drugs or did she just over-medicate herself trying to get over the pneumonia?

RSBM, BBM

I'm no doctor but if she was taking the amount of drugs stated here, it's my opinion that she was abusing them.

"TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy received no fewer than 200 pills every month from January 2008 through August 2009 ... and sometimes as many as 400.

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/20/brittany-murphy-pills-alias-lola-manilow-murphy-vicodin/

RSBM, BBM

I'm no doctor but if she was taking the amount of drugs stated here, it's my opinion that she was abusing them.

"TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy received no fewer than 200 pills every month from January 2008 through August 2009 ... and sometimes as many as 400.

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/20/brittany-murphy-pills-alias-lola-manilow-murphy-vicodin/

From a personal perspective - this is mind blowing to me - that she may have taken so many pills. It's one thing for a healthy person to abuse meds (not good of course), but I suffer from the same minor heart condition that Brittany supposedly had - Mitral Valve Prolapse. I usually don't have any problems or systems if I take my metoprolol (very similar to Inderal), eat correctly, drink plenty of fluids to keep myself hydrated and blood volume up, etc. If I have to take an occassional OTC for a cold or allergies - my heart pumps out of control, and while my head my feel better (less congested) my heart races and pounds so hard to the point it's all I can think about. It's a very uncomfortable and scary feeling. I can not even tolerate high amounts of caffiene anymore due to the MVP. Doing so makes me feel so SICK to the point I want to vomit. Also, I can't tolerate more than one alcoholic beverage at a party or at dinner because this too will get my heart too excited and I'll end up sick. I see a Cardiologist bi-annually for a check up and an echocardiogram and will have to do this indefinitely. I know people do stupid things to get high or whatever, but it's so had for me to grasp that Brittany would want to over-medicate herself when she had the heart condition. It's a very minor condition and not life threatening, but it still can make you feel like crap. Especially if you abuse your body with drugs, even OTC drugs. Anyway, I know I'm rambling and I apologize. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around why she would take so many pills (if the reports are true). I want to call BS on the tabloids, but maybe there is something to this. I wonder if we will ever know the truth?

Coming in late, but I just have a couple of things I wanted to add.

I was older than Brittany and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes - adults don't get "juvenile," right? Wrong, unfortunately. I was overweight before and was horribly thin before I was finally put on insulin. I felt awful, no energy, no patience with my children. My best friend later told me, "You just didn't look like yourself." I figured out that I had type 1 diabetes because people with type 2 in their 30's don't wear a size 1, exercise for hours, eat almost no carbs and still have very high blood sugar. But, because I had originally been able to control it with diet and exercise (LOTS of exercise, very few carbs), the doctor insisted I had type 2 and kept prescribing different oral meds. FINALLY, I insisted on going on insulin AND being tested to determine what type of diabetes I had. I got a card in the mail telling me I had type 1 diabetes and I almost sent it back to the doctor's office with, "ya THINK??" written on it. I've still had people try to convince me that I have type 2 diabetes because you don't get type 1 after age 20.

Other than the fact that she was very beautiful, she looks so much like I did in her later pictures. Not just thin, not just too thin, just different. Her eyes look almost lifeless, compared to other earlier pictures. I can't help wondering if she didn't have type 1 diabetes, too, and she was just never prescribed insulin or she thought she didn't need it (because type 2 can be managed with diet and exercise, especially if you're thin). Insulin does tend to lead to weight gain, at least in my case.

I hurt for her and pray for her family and friends, especially her mother who seems like a wonderful person.

I sure hope you got a new doctor. My mother got type 1 when she was 56 and my sister got it when she was 67. I think they have stopped calling it junvenile because lots of people get type 1 when they are older. Runs in my family and is sometimes not triggered when younger.

From a personal perspective - this is mind blowing to me - that she may have taken so many pills. It's one thing for a healthy person to abuse meds (not good of course), but I suffer from the same minor heart condition that Brittany supposedly had - Mitral Valve Prolapse. I usually don't have any problems or systems if I take my metoprolol (very similar to Inderal), eat correctly, drink plenty of fluids to keep myself hydrated and blood volume up, etc. If I have to take an occassional OTC for a cold or allergies - my heart pumps out of control, and while my head my feel better (less congested) my heart races and pounds so hard to the point it's all I can think about. It's a very uncomfortable and scary feeling. I can not even tolerate high amounts of caffiene anymore due to the MVP. Doing so makes me feel so SICK to the point I want to vomit. Also, I can't tolerate more than one alcoholic beverage at a party or at dinner because this too will get my heart too excited and I'll end up sick. I see a Cardiologist bi-annually for a check up and an echocardiogram and will have to do this indefinitely. I know people do stupid things to get high or whatever, but it's so had for me to grasp that Brittany would want to over-medicate herself when she had the heart condition. It's a very minor condition and not life threatening, but it still can make you feel like crap. Especially if you abuse your body with drugs, even OTC drugs. Anyway, I know I'm rambling and I apologize. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around why she would take so many pills (if the reports are true). I want to call BS on the tabloids, but maybe there is something to this. I wonder if we will ever know the truth?

The antibiotic they put me on last week does this to me plus I was sweating so bad. I can't imagine anyone doing drugs with a heart condition.

...Pharmacy records show Murphy was getting regular scrips for hydrocodone (Vicodin), clonazepam and Klonopin (anti-anxiety), and Vicoprofen (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo)

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin.

Clonazepam / Klonopin is a benzodiazepine derivative with anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, and anxiolytic properties - used to treat seizures and panic disorder.
Vicoprofen - (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo) is used short-term to relieve severe pain.

I don't understand how she managed to get that many pills of Vicodin. Most medications like this are every 6 hours giving you 4 pills per day with a maximum of 120 pills in 30 days. Depending on what type of pain she had, sure it could be every 4 hours which wouldn't be as many pills as she got.

It's people like this that make it hard for people with real pain to get the medications they need

Brittany Murphy -- 'Accident' Waiting to Happen

Bubar tells TMZ he cut off Murphy, Simon and Sharon four months before Brittany died, partly because he believed they were using multiple pharmacies to fill scripts.

I think I read somewhere that the pain pills were for Monjack, but perscribed in Brittany's name for some reason. Actually, I think that may have come from Monjack himself. He said it in an interview I think. Don't know if there is any truth to that...I mean why didn't he just get his own perscription if that's the case?

Don't know why I am so hung up on this. I did love Brittany as an actress, but I didn't really follow her career all that closely. Maybe it's because she was so young when she passed and there are so many strange things about it. Plus, the mitral valve prolapse thing. I know it's not life threatening, but it's a scary thing to have....especially when it flares up and gives you problems. I know that didn't cause her death though.

TMZ is reporting that the Coroner is looking for a doctor that prescribed Brittany 120 hydrocodone pills 11 days before her death. At the time of her death, there were only 11 pills remaining in the bottle. That is a LOT of Vicodin!! Apparently the doctor can't be found.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/britt...jack-death-vicodin-hydrocodone-coroner-pills/

That is unquestionably addict-type use. I do believe her drug habit was a big contributor to this sad, sad story.

RSBM, BBM

She was chronically abusing opiates, et al, IMHO. Her habits are familiar to me. She was getting more of that stuff each month than chronic pain patients get from pain management doctors. She was addicted.

The antibiotic they put me on last week does this to me plus I was sweating so bad. I can't imagine anyone doing drugs with a heart condition.

Clonazepam / Klonopin is a benzodiazepine derivative with anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, and anxiolytic properties - used to treat seizures and panic disorder.
Vicoprofen - (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo) is used short-term to relieve severe pain.

I don't understand how she managed to get that many pills of Vicodin. Most medications like this are every 6 hours giving you 4 pills per day with a maximum of 120 pills in 30 days. Depending on what type of pain she had, sure it could be every 4 hours which wouldn't be as many pills as she got.

It's people like this that make it hard for people with real pain to get the medications they need

Brittany Murphy -- 'Accident' Waiting to Happen

BBM

If we have learned anything in the last few years, we've learned that famous people can get as much of these types of drugs as they want.

BBM

If we have learned anything in the last few years, we've learned that famous people can get as much of these types of drugs as they want.

After Anna Nicole & Michael Jackson; you would think doctors would smarten up because they will be prosecuted if caught

Pharmacy: We Cut Brittany Murphy Off!

Brittany Murphy’s death was ruled an accident when the coroner found she’d died of cardiac arrest after trying to fight off pneumonia. And while her husband Simon Monjack is adamant she was not abusing drugs , but a local pharmacy tells a different story.
SNIP>>>>>>>>>

This seems far from over. We still have an eerie feeling about Brittany’s death, and apparently, so does the State Attorney General’s Office. They’ve just launched an investigation on doctors who prescribed meds for her, Corey Haim, and even Michael Jackson

Read more: http://www.hollyscoop.com/brittany-...-brittany-murphy-off_23355.aspx#ixzz0kT6cF7K7
Become a Hollyscoop A-Lister for a chance to WIN Cash & Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member