Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that simple. My sister let it go on for over 10 yrs before telling. She was 22 when she finally got the courage.

At one point she lived 3 hours away in college, he would go there on weekends, she would still comply. They brainwash you. It's so scary and so hard to understand. I too was molested (not by the same family member), but I told right away...my sister, she just couldn't....I was angry at first, asking, 'how could you let this go on for so long w/o telling??"....It was when he molested my other sister that my oldest sister got him to leave the house w/just her, still not telling, but getting him away from us.

I do not believe that blame should be put on AR, she was a victim.

I´m so sorry for you and your sisters, Christine.

I agree what you wrote about AR, it´s difficult to imagine what she has been through but IMO she´s been so brainwashed that she didn´t think she had a choice. JMO!

How horrible. You were very brave.

I don't think people are blaming AR...

Speaking for myself, yes, I blame AR. There is a huge chasm between being a silent victim of abuse and actively assisting in the abuse of another and wishing them to suffer.

AR is a victim and it is not her fault that she was damaged.

She is still 14 years old and she could have done SOMETHING to try and prevent Brooke's abduction.

Hi, I've been following this since the beginning, but haven't posted--I haven't had anything to add (amazing how the minute I have a question, I find it here already asked and answered. I am very impressed by everyone here)

Anyway, I just saw this on CNN (I couldn't find it posted here--I apologize if it was and I missed it), and it jumped out at me that MJ had gone to visit Gagnon in Texas (and met with Grosenheider, too) at least twice. What reason would he possibly have to go to Texas to visit his ex-brother in law? Was he transporting the pictures in person? :waitasec:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/07/missing.vermont.girl.ap/?iref=mpstoryview

Here's a link http://http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,377281,00.html

The charges in Alabama are that Gagnon — who was 12-year-old Brooke Bennett's stepfather for about five years — had child *advertiser censored* stored at his former home in Cullman, Alabama.

Hmm, that means they don't have the safe from Texas yet.....which leads me to question whether Kevin G. threw the safe in a dumpster like he said he did.

Why is this guys picture NOT easily accessible?
I've followed a lot of cases but never one in which the prime suspects pictures are not shown to the public. :banghead:

Speaking for myself, yes, I blame AR. There is a huge chasm between being a silent victim of abuse and actively assisting in the abuse of another and wishing them to suffer.

AR is a victim and it is not her fault that she was damaged.

She is still 14 years old and she could have done SOMETHING to try and prevent Brooke's abduction.

You blame one of the victims? :eek:
AR has been abused since she was 8 YEARS old. :mad:
She has been abused and most likely brain washed.
Let's not blame a victim. :furious:

So, they would take her out of her house, away from her mother and put her in foster care. Not much of an inducement to tell.

Then, if her allegations couldn't be substantiated and no charges were filed, she's back at home with her abuser. Not much of an inducment to tell.

I think people have an unrealistic view of how easy it is for these kids to come forward, be believed, and get justice. We like to think that ALL the child has to do is tell, and then the system takes over from there, the perp is convicted and goes to jail. But, statistics don't really support that from what I have see4n.

This is where the law fails....

it's the SO who should be removed from the home... the guy has an extensive background already. They should be able to get a search warrant & launch an immediate investigation.

But I do understand what you're saying. :banghead:

VT, was the pic a mugshot or another type?

No, it was not a mugshot. It actually looked like a candid shot that a friend or family had (maybe posted online somewhere?) He was kind of laughing/smiling in the pic.

Well, the pic that Fox news showed looked exactly like the guy in the court room at Jacques arraignment. The guy in the black T-Shirt at the arraignment was not really very slim and has big arms!

Maybe I didn't see a good enough pic of the guy at the arraignment then, because I didn't think they were the same person at all. But my eyes have fooled me before! :)

You blame one of the victims? :eek:
AR has been abused since she was 8 YEARS old. :mad:
She has been abused and most likely brain washed.
Let's not blame a victim. :furious:

Sure she has been abused and brainwashed. That doesn't change the fact that she actively, and by her emails willingly and eagerly assisted in planning for the abduction and rape of Brooke Bennett, including wishing that she SUFFERED and that someone would urinate in her mouth and further that with the FBI and VSP looking for her cousin she still failed to admit to anything until confronted with irrefutable evidence of her involvement.

This crosses the line from victim to victimizer in my opinion.

MJ should be in court in a few minutes.

What?! I have no idea where that :behindbar came to my previous post ? Sorry IMBY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya