Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where Denise is supposed to have been all day, the day Brooke was kidnapped? Was she supposed to be at work, what time did she get home, etc.?

She married a known violent SO shortly after he got out of prison. Doesn't that make it seem likely she was into his sick ways? I don't buy that she's just so stupid that she could find what she did and just shrug it off. She herself stated she found child *advertiser censored*, didn't she? Could she be charged with something just for failing to report that?:eek:

http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=8631696

(snips)
No plans for charges against the girl police say helped Jacques to kidnap Bennett. Court records say a teenage relative -- who he's accused of sexually assaulting -- helped lure Bennett to his home. In an interview the girl told police Jacques planned to initiate Bennett into a sex program called Breckenridge. Court papers say Jacques used an elaborate scheme, with several email addresses, under aliases, to make the girl believe she was part of a larger sex ring. Prosecutors say that shows Jacques used fear and sex to manipulate the relative into helping him.
Currently Bennett's former step-dad, Ray Gagnon, has only been charged with trying to get in the way of the investigation by destroying evidence. But court papers say investigators still aren't sure if he played any role in the alleged kidnapping.
Both men will be back in court at the end of next week on these charges.

it sure sounds like Ray Gagnon knew of the kidnapping plan....imo

One of the best things that could happen might be if AR was charged with some type of offense in this disaster. It would be to her benefit in many ways, since it would allow continued official supervision of her life for a number of years. Court appointed advocates could make sure that she complied with psychiatric treatment and would prevent the ever intelligent Denise from moving another SO into the house to prey on her and her little sister. Besides making sure that she continues counseling, some sort of court ordered community service would help her to feel self-worth and to feel that she is making up in some small way for her part in Brooke's death. She might even begin to feel that her own torture and abuse were not endured for nothing, if she could in some way help others because of that injury and pain.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8628727

Vermont's chief medical examiner has ruled the death of 12-year-old Brooke Bennett a homicide. But so far, no charges have been filed relating to her death.

That information came out during the first federal court appearance of Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques, 42. He is charged with kidnapping her. A judge ordered he remain in federal custody.

"A lot of work done over the holiday, lot of work left to be done," said Bill Sorrell, D-Vt. Attorney General.

Sorrell had little comment as he left federal court, but said the investigation into the disappearance and death of 12-year-old Brooke was continuing.

State sexual assault charges against her uncle, Michael Jacques, were dropped Monday so federal prosecutors could pursue their case that he kidnapped her. Jacques made his first appearance in federal court.

Prosecutor Craig Nolan outlined the feds' case against him-- saying he had used the internet to plan and carry out the kidnapping, using aliases and a juvenile to help him. Nolan said Jacques planted phony evidence-- altering Brooke's MySpace page to suggest she was meeting someone she met online, and leaving her clothing near the floating bridge in Brookfield.

Prosecutors argued the nature of the offense, the weight of the evidence, and Jacques' criminal history made him a risk of flight and a danger to the community. Jacques' lawyer did not challenge the motion, and the judge ruled him detained pending trial.

Also in court Monday-- Brooke's former stepfather, Ray Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas. His lawyer left court without comment, but told the judge she did not contest the government's motion to keep him in custody.

The judge ordered he, too, was a flight risk and could obstruct the investigation.

Both Jacques and Gagnon will be back in federal court on July 17 for probable cause hearings. We may learn more about the government's case at that time.

We also don't know how Brooke died. Prosecutors said it is a homicide, but the actual cause will require more investigation. Again, federal prosecutors have not yet charged anyone with a homicide. The only charge against Jacques right now is connected to Brooke's kidnapping.

Meanwhile, more charges were announced against Gagnon today. Prosecutors in Alabama have filed child *advertiser censored* charges against him. They say he had images stored in his former home in Cullman, Alabama. It is not clear how or even if those charges will relate to the federal case against him in the Brooke Bennett case.

Does Ray Gagnon have any brothers? Sisters? who his parents might be?

The FEDS says that he has families in Vermont. I dont know his relationship with Deloris Gagnon.

I think Jacques and Ray married Cassandra and Denise for their children. They possibly even placed some hidden cameras on the showers, kid's room and etc.
:(
That is actually a very common practice that happens more than we'd like. The ones that stick out in my mind the most are from the personal ads for dating. Many of those but with the advancement of all these online dating sites I'd think that's a prime hunting ground now.

In this particular case I myself have the same opinion as you. Another coincidence? Nah!!!

That form requires fingerprinting and crime disclosure amongst a lot of other info. His license was taken away because he wasn't in compliance and wasn't responding to their requests...wonder what he was hiding?!

All of these bums are criminals in one way or another. It appears that way to me anyway.

can anybody else access www.wcax.com?

yes althought it took quite a while to load this time, the last time this was mentioned i went to the site and the page loaded right away.

this time it took 20 seconds or more before it started to show the title banner then the rest slowly filled in.

One of the best things that could happen might be if AR was charged with some type of offense in this disaster. It would be to her benefit in many ways, since it would allow continued official supervision of her life for a number of years. Court appointed advocates could make sure that she complied with psychiatric treatment and would prevent the ever intelligent Denise from moving another SO into the house to prey on her and her little sister. Besides making sure that she continues counseling, some sort of court ordered community service would help her to feel self-worth and to feel that she is making up in some small way for her part in Brooke's death. She might even begin to feel that her own torture and abuse were not endured for nothing, if she could in some way help others because of that injury and pain.
Can you even imagine this child, AR, returning to school in the fall?

The FEDS says that he has families in Vermont. I dont know his relationship with Deloris Gagnon.

yeah, that name came up early on...she's related, but i don't know if she's RG's sister-in-law, or sister.....she's 40 yrs old, thereabouts....

That is actually a very common practice that happens more than we'd like. The ones that stick out in my mind the most are from the personal ads for dating. Many of those but with the advancement of all these online dating sites I'd think that's a prime hunting ground now.

In this particular case I myself have the same opinion as you. Another coincidence? Nah!!!

And IMO Kevin is joining the club - His live-in partner has a 17 year old daughter :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah