Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you my very dearest SS,:blowkiss:
That is why I brought it up again. When I posted the link for the story, I bolded her mother's statement about viewing her daughter.
Brooke may have been held captive for days, in the sugar house or somewhere secluded.

We might just find out that she did not pass away the day she went missing.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Oh you could be so right DS, she could have been held for a few days first. That is a horrible thought and I hope not.:(

I think you are right it is a screen, window panes are much brighter in the middle window. First glance I thought it was a vent like my parents house, thanks for pointing out the window panes. In addition it appears the frame around the front door is broken? Wondering did police break in the door?

It is definitely a screen, IMO, off the middle window, as you can see the 'window panes' much more clearly than the other windows.

In the photo thread a photo was taken near a 'SugarHouse"

I posted that orignally before it had been released the Brooks body was found, I just got a 'hinky' feeling when I got the AP alert and unfortunately that was the case.
That is because you are so good. :)

I think its highly unlikely Brooke was kept alive for days, I would suspect that once the Vermont State Police and FBI got a look at Jacques criminal record they put him high on the list of suspects and that his movements were probably watched after at least the 2nd day.

Now I need to go back and reread some of the initial media storys to see what what with dates , ages, etc. This case is so shockingly disgusting that I can't keep it all straight as well as I usually do. Thank goodness we have a forum so we can access past info quickly.

Thats a possibility, I so badily do not want to believe that though.

Thank-you my very dearest SS,:blowkiss:
That is why I brought it up again. When I posted the link for the story, I bolded her mother's statement about viewing her daughter.
Brooke may have been held captive for days, in the sugar house or somewhere secluded.

We might just find out that she did not pass away the day she went missing.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

FWIW, it seems the statute they're going to try MJ under is the Adam Walsh Act.

fran

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...ld_give_Vermont_second_look_at_death_penalty/

Vermont Law School professor Michael Mello, an expert on the death penalty, said it could be the first time federal prosecutors seek the death penalty using changes to federal law included in The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006.
its well written and very hard to defend against.

For her to call my friend about her missing daughter meant to me that she was basically calling everyone in her phone book.

This is a 12 yr old child we are speaking about 12 yrs old! why on God's sweet earth was she wandering around VT supposidly going to visit some mythical friend's relative in a hospital. Why did her mother know nothing about this? she had no clue who this friend was. Her 12 yr old daughter was missing ALL day she does not even call the police someone else has to at 9PM.
So she calls some people and is upset forgive me if that does not gather any sympathy from me. I just want to repeat again she was 12 yrs old, she should not have been anywhere without her mother's knowledge.

I think you are right it is a screen, window panes are much brighter in the middle window. First glance I thought it was a vent like my parents house, thanks for pointing out the window panes. In addition it appears the frame around the front door is broken? Wondering did police break in the door?
Door frame seems intact Busy, I can better view it from my computer. There is crime tape there, maybe that's what you're seeing ???

I think by the time line she was already dead. She was abducted on the 25th. She was reported missing that evening. The police even spoke with Jacques that evening.

Then he calls them back as early as 1AM on the 26th playing the concerned uncle, but LR knew better.

By later on the 26th they have already started the forensics on his computer. He had no real time from the time he was first alerted to LE knowing to do anything without the cops being aware of it. I think this is when he was scurrying around trying to figure how to download to RG, dump his own hard drive and still have the film intact on RG's computer and his missing hard drive.

I am sure she was gone by sometime on the 25th and that it was part of the filming. I think it happened at his house, I think he cleaned up what he could immediately and by the time Cassandra is speaking with police he had already started talking with Ray G.

I think its highly unlikely Brooke was kept alive for days, I would suspect that once the Vermont State Police and FBI got a look at Jacques criminal record they put him high on the list of suspects and that his movements were probably watched after at least the 2nd day.
While we see them do this on tv all the time, the truth is...they don't. You can look at the Peterson case and know that they SHOULD have followed DP when he took off on his "trip", but they did not.

The photo TG posted was listed on July 2. They didn't start digging around that place until at least June 30th. She went missing on the 25th. So there could be a couple of days or so where he could have been keeping her alive.

Maybe the plan was to keep her alive until Ray could get up there. Until we know the TOD officially or they come out and say she was killed on the day she went missing...anything is possible.

I believe this whole plot was very well planned..for atleast 1 to 2 months. The equipment, the story of getting her to the house, the story of where she was, the planting of evidence and gathering of that evidence from AR's boyfriend..these were not last minute or spur of the moment accidents. Brooke was supposed to die a horrible death due to sex and that machine. MJ's mind had become so warped that this was the ultimate act for him. And he would have taped it, because that would be the trophy. Somewhere they will find evidence and be able to view much of what went on that day..unless it was totally destroyed..but my bet is it was downloaded to Gagnon's computer on the internet and that is why that computer is missing. It was never in the safe..nor will it be now. It is somewhere hidden.

Totally agree with what you said.

This is a 12 yr old child we are speaking about 12 yrs old! why on God's sweet earth was she wandering around VT supposidly going to visit some mythical friend's relative in a hospital. Why did her mother know nothing about this? she had no clue who this friend was. Her 12 yr old daughter was missing ALL day she does not even call the police someone else has to at 9PM.
So she calls some people and is upset forgive me if that does not gather any sympathy from me. I just want to repeat again she was 12 yrs old, she should not have been anywhere without her mother's knowledge.
When my child was 12 yo, if she was at a friend's house...I called frequently to "check in" with her. For starters, she would have had her cell phone with her at all times. Next, I would have called first thing that morning to verify any plans they might have for the day and make arrangements for her coming home later. I would have talked to the *cough* adult in charge about those plans.

For a mother who ALWAYS knew where her children were...she sure never bothered to pick up the phone to ask until it was essential for her to do so.

While we see them do this on tv all the time, the truth is...they don't. You can look at the Peterson case and know that they SHOULD have followed DP when he took off on his "trip", but they did not.

The photo TG posted was listed on July 2. They didn't start digging around that place until at least June 30th. She went missing on the 25th. So there could be a couple of days or so where he could have been keeping her alive.

Maybe the plan was to keep her alive until Ray could get up there. Until we know the TOD officially or they come out and say she was killed on the day she went missing...anything is possible.

I have a feeling they are not going to be able to get a very tight TOD based on the strange wording they gave about 'believing' it was Brooke, etc. though sometimes too much is read into the literal language that people under stress use...it could mean nothing, it could mean her body was seriously decomposed.

On what date did they get the search warrent for his home/computer? You could back it up by probably 12-24 hours from that time as to when he became a prime suspect?

Also, SP didn't have a record and everyone who knew him thought he was a charmer, even his in laws...not sure that parallels a known sex offender in terms of how/when police look at him

People don't realize its someone that the family or at least the child knows... not some stranger. The predators are living and working with the children.

Shout if from the roof tops, sista.:clap:
That's what parent's don't 'get'. :banghead:
Most sexual abusers know their victims.:furious:
Parents need to learn to protect their children.

By the timeline thread they were already checking Jaques computers, etc and AR was already starting to cave.

I think LE was letting them talk until they had the body recovered, but they knew by the end of the 26th they had their perps. I think they may even have the film or parts of it..I do believe that there has been a film and money involved in this. I also think the machine was used. Nobody spends that sort of money on something like that and doesn't use it. The take down and tie up , I think, referred to getting Brooke into position and tied and cuffed to this machine. I still think AR may have helped with tht and then been told to leave. I don't think she knew it result in Brooke's death..maybe injury and torture, but not death.

I have a feeling they are not going to be able to get a very tight TOD based on the strange wording they gave about 'believing' it was Brooke, etc. though sometimes too much is read into the literal language that people under stress use...it could mean nothing, it could mean her body was seriously decomposed.
I agree with you on any definate TOD, unless AR or someone else knows exactly when it happened.

As to decomp, I don't live in that area so please correct me if I mis-read, but the temps recorded for that week following 6-25-08 were mild.

On what date did they get the search warrent for his home/computer? You could back it up by probably 12-24 hours from that time as to when he became a prime suspect?

Also, SP didn't have a record and everyone who knew him thought he was a charmer, even his in laws...not sure that parallels a known sex offender in terms of how/when police look at him
DP had a dead exwife tho and a sister-in-law who had already reported to LE that he had lied repeatedly about different things before they ever questioned him. He was their immediate suspect even if they didn't say so. Last person to see her alive.

Well, we know MJ was free to roam around and find the "evidence" all by his lonesome.
IMO

I am wondering if they possibly got divorced, but then got back together just never remarried, then after he came home from being deployed they decided to make it legal type thing? Nikolas was born during that period so obviously they were still together.

I'm just trying to catch up with today's thread (busy with two grandchildren), but I think this is a very likely scenario. It's probable that for some reason James and Janet were divorced, but remained friends. Over the years, whatever problems led to their divorce were resolved, they still loved each other a child, and then made a commitment to re-marriage.

I noted that at the vigil on Tuesday evening, when James spoke to those attending, he was carrying a small child. It appears that he and Janet have had another child since their re-marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89