Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall mentioning that possibility as happened in the Hornbeck case where one helped the perp to access others. Sounds like it is exactly what happened.

Oh no. I'm just floored. What a kick in the gut this news is.

Welcome to WS, Beth and VTGirl. Sorry it has to be under such circumstances. This is a truly troubling development.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/NEWS/452801687

Federal court papers released this afternoon reveal that a juvenile who claims to have been in the car when missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett was dropped off at a Randolph convenience store last week told authorities that Bennett and her uncle, convicted sex offender Michael Jacques, spent time together that afternoon after Bennett's supposed disappearance and that Jacques told the juvenile that Bennett would be having sex with adult men.
(more at link)

I am going to be sick.

"Jacques told the juvenile that Bennett would be having sex with adult men."

Something bad happened upstairs and MJ told AR to leave:

(snip)
The juvenile said she, Jacques and Bennett returned to Jacques' Randolph Center home, and the two girls watched television for a while. She said Jacques eventually asked Bennett to go upstairs, and then told the juvenile to leave the home. She was driven away by a juvenile boy, she said, and never saw Bennett again.

The juvenile said Jacques told her to lie about the incident.

The latest revelations in the case are contained in an affidavit charging Bennett's former stepfather, Ray Gagnon of San Antonio, with obstruction of justice for destroying evidence in a separate case, which involves the alleged sexual assault on a minor in the Royalton area in 2007. In the affidavit, authorities allege that Gagnon admitted to having vast amounts of child *advertiser censored* on his computer, then asking his landlord in Texas to destroy some of the material.

But relating to the Bennett disappearance, the juvenile said she and Jacques dropped Bennett off at the convenience store in Randolph on Wednesday morning, but planned to pick her up a short time later. The juvenile said Bennett was told she would be going to "party."

The juvenile cited in the affidavit said Jacques told her that Bennett would be taken into the Breckenridge that day, referring to what has been described as a possible Internet sex ring to lure underaged girls, and that Bennett would be having sex with adult males.

I live in Connecticut. I am not involved in the search i have two young children who are close to brooke and do not understand what is going on so for now we are staying put. I dont know however how long i am going to be able to do that.

How far do you live from Brooke? and how often would you get to see her?.

I hope she is found soon .

The latest revelations in the case are contained in an affidavit charging Bennett's former stepfather, Ray Gagnon of San Antonio, with obstruction of justice for destroying evidence in a separate case, which involves the alleged sexual assault on a minor in the Royalton area in 2007. In the affidavit, authorities allege that Gagnon admitted to having vast amounts of child *advertiser censored* on his computer, then asking his landlord in Texas to destroy some of the material.

OMG. Thank you to all for sharing the news as it comes on. I could not get by a tv. Thank goodness for the computer.

I certainly hope the family was made aware of all of this before it was mentioned in the media. I would hate to hear something like this on the news.

I wonder if AR was made to bring her back as part of her "training." Brooke was not ok with it and they had to get "rid" of her. I have a feeling LE has known about this since they first interviewed A.R. I bet her statement is the reason they are searching river.

I am surprised he let A.R. go.

Something bad happened upstairs and MJ told AR to leave:

(snip)
The juvenile said she, Jacques and Bennett returned to Jacques' Randolph Center home, and the two girls watched television for a while. She said Jacques eventually asked Bennett to go upstairs, and then told the juvenile to leave the home. She was driven away by a juvenile boy, she said, and never saw Bennett again.

The juvenile said Jacques told her to lie about the incident.

That poor girl, what she has gone through is horrible.

From that article, it sounds like Brooke's step father asked someone in TX to delete child *advertiser censored* he had on his computer - it might not have been related to Brooke.

So...who is the teenage boy who A.R. left with? I have no words....

my guess is that Brooke had never engaged in anything like this before (with multiple men) and when she got there, she resisted and then either she ran or something terrible happened. The fact that her clothing was found doesn't look good. LE needs to find out who these other participants (I can't call them men...they are animals not men) are and haul them into jail for attempted rape of a minor as well. Where was the cousin while all this was going on?

OK, after reading affidavit, I see that cousin left the house (if that is true)...she's lied so many times...who knows if what she is saying now is true or not.

I'm confused. Are there now federal charges against the uncle? In addition to the federal charges on the step father?

Also - does anyone know what a "sugarhouse" is? The article referenced in an earlier post says they are searching a "sugarhouse in the woods" that is about a mile from the uncle's property.

LOL!

A "sugarhouse" is simply a building where maple sap is boiled down to make maple syrup. They are all over the place in New England and upstate NY. They contain a heat source - used to be wood, now they might be gas - and big pans that the sap is cooked in.

Nothing sexual about them.

Did I just here that AR helped get Brooke back to the house for sex?

You heard it at the same time Brooke's Dad did. Is that horrible or what. Why not one person in LE couldn't tell her Dad this news was coming, that he had to hear it from a reporter at the same moment the rest of the world is, is wrong in every way.

I'm confused. Are there now federal charges against the uncle? In addition to the federal charges on the step father?

Also - does anyone know what a "sugarhouse" is? The article referenced in an earlier post says they are searching a "sugarhouse in the woods" that is about a mile from the uncle's property.

Sorry if this was answered earlier and I missed it.
A sugarhouse is where they make maple syrup. It's a place where they basically run the fire and condense the sap. Usually a relatively small building.

I am going to be sick.

"Jacques told the juvenile that Bennett would be having sex with adult men."

This is just sick! I feel so awful for both girls. I hope they are talking to the boy who drove AR away as well. This doesnt sound good at all. This may be why AR was no longer being molested, MJ got her to work for him in exchange for stopping the molesting. I hope that AR feels safe enough to tell ALL. This is just heartbreaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed