Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone has a right to their feelings and people should not have to defer to others whatever those feelings are. If that changes how they view that person, their feelings are their feelings. We say that all the time about the people who are pro changes but those who are not, are then shamed for not feeling the same way.
No one is saying he shouldn't do it, or does not have the right to do it, but we are all entitled to our feelings about it, good, bad or indifferent.
I don't know why there is a need to shame people for not feeling okay with everything that everyone does.

You must be easily shamed. Maybe there's a reason for that. (ETA I mean you might rethink your opinion on this subject, not that you are a shameful person.)

Personally, I see no reason why you or I need to have an opinion on Bruce Jenner's choices. If his children are bothered, I am sympathetic to them; bu they are adults and should be able to see their father is also an adult and entitled to the same freedoms they enjoy.

You also then said it was sad that they felt that way.
This is about how people feel about the core issue. Bruce and his choice to change his identity. I just don't think people should have to be questioned about why they may not feel okay or good about it.

Per Bruce, he is not CHANGING his identity, he is EMBRACING it. (And he--like Chaz Bono--is doing it in the public eye. That makes them both heroes in my book!) Seeing the issue through his eyes might help those who "don't feel good" about it.

I agree that his feelings are what matters most. But his two youngest girls are still pretty young. I think they are 16 and 18. So that is a bit of an issue for them I am sure.

I'm obviously not a Kardashian fan since I didn't even realize he had daughters. Thanks for the reminder and I agree: teens will quite understandably find this confusing.

As I said pages ago, I have a niece-by-marriage whose father transitioned when she was about the same age at BJ's girls. Yes, it was difficult for her and for her mother. But I'm not at all sure it was "bad" for them. They both have exciting new lives and my niece is well into a book on the subject, one chapter of which has already been published.

The niece got married last year and the entire family behaved like civilized and loving human beings. It was a lovely event, including both parents and her father's new wife. (My niece still uses the term "my father" when she must; whenever possible she simply calls her father by his new first name.)

Being I am 100% happy being a Southern belle, the thought of changing genders has never crossed my mind.

With BJ, my opinion is he needed to tell the family before he started the process. If he was strongly convinced within himself, that this was the move he wanted to take, no amount of displeasure from his girls would have changed his mind.

In fact, he might have had more support from them had he included them instead of being secretive. The media was discussing the changes in BJ and speculating. You know the girls were aware of the gossip as well as seeing the changes. It had to come to a point that BJ had to have "the discussion".

As if that wasn't difficult, just imagine the first time he faces them dressed as her. He has to face not one, but five beautiful women. Wow, what a challenge!

My opinions only!

With all due respect, Leah, you might want to try therapy if you haven't done so. Not because your reaction is "crazy", but because you say it has interfered with your ability to trust people.

The truth is EVERYBODY discovers his or her parents are not who they were believed to be. It's called growing up.

I'm grown up and mine are the same people.

Sonya, I have to admit I've had the same thoughts myself. Since we now allow women to vote, work outside the home, dress in traditionally male shirts and pants, etc. and so forth (and we could make a similar list for biological men), why is it necessary to make a formal (and even surgical) change?

I don't know the answer, but the fact is people undergo considerable expense and pain to transition, so I have to conclude gender still matters.

And the fact is we all "perform" gender in every waking moment, whether or not we are aware of it. So if John Doe wants to become Jane Doe, what's it to me?

With all due respect, Leah, you might want to try therapy if you haven't done so. Not because your reaction is "crazy", but because you say it has interfered with your ability to trust people.

The truth is EVERYBODY discovers his or her parents are not who they were believed to be. It's called growing up.

I was looking at this with the thoughts of what his children might be thinking, that is all, I was hoping that they were taking the news of what their father planned on doing, and were accepting of it, and weren't upset and understood. I was using a life experience to show that not everyone understands, and it can cause a lot of issues for some people, not everyone is emotionally strong and ready to have something thrown in their faces and just carry on like it is no big deal. The therapy suggestion, and the "not because your reaction is "crazy," I will just leave that alone. But not everybody discovers "that his or her parents are not who they were believed to be," and the growing up statement, I just took as a slam. I have managed to handle "growing up," just fine, for many, many years now.

OH MY LORD. I had no idea about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ittle-brother-Burt-killed-fireball-crash.html

- Tragedy of Bruce Jenner's little brother: Kardashian star lookalike was killed along with high school sweetheart in fireball as he drove BRUCE'S Porsche
Burt Jenner was 18 when he borrowed his brother's Porsche sports car
He was driving high school sweetheart when he smashed into utility pole
Both teens were killed in horrific smash that left two families devastated
Crash happened three months after Bruce broke record at 1976 Olympics

Now the full story of the accident can be revealed for the first time
It comes after Kardashians' star Bruce was caught in fatal car crash

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Burt-killed-fireball-crash.html#ixzz3RybO1trk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I want to know why that Prius was stopping or stopped. That to me is the catalyst. I know that Bruce is ultimately to blame because he hit them from behind but still. That just seems to odd to me.

No that does not look good at all.

To be fair, that's a recreation, not an actual video of the accident. The article says its not based on the actual video. More unnamed sources. I'm sure if the MTA video shows the entire crash, we will hear from official sources soon.

"We obtained a re-creation of the accident, which was NOT based on the video but which sources tell us accurately reflects what is on the MTA video."

If it is true that he hit both cars, that confuses me. Why didn't he BRAKE HARD after he hit the Lexus?

The video seems to be an accident reconstruction video that was prepared for a client. Who is the client? CHP? The bus company? Sheriffs office? Attorney for Prius driver? Attorney for the family of the deceased? TMZ?

And where did they get their data for the recreation?

Integral Media Works, Inc. is the premier content provider in the litigation support industry.

http://www.integralmediaworks.com/index-1.html

I have a lot of questions about this video. TMZ said nothing about how they obtained it.

I'm sorry but I don't get it either.
We tow a MUCH heavier, (2,000 pounds of snowmobiles in it) MUCH bigger (30 feet long) ENCLOSED trailer every week.
We have had to stop really fast, less than the length of the truck and trailer.

Yes, the snowmobiles slid up and dented the front of the enclosed trailer... but we STOPPED.
I don't understand what happened here but it seems like he should have been able to stop faster.
IF everything was mechanically sound that is. :twocents:

If it is true that he hit both cars, that confuses me. Why didn't he BRAKE HARD after he hit the Lexus?

If we go by what the sheriffs office said, we know he hit the brakes hard before he hit the Lexus. Because the trailer left skid marks.

The video seems to imply wet streets at the time of the collision. But if I remember correctly, the photos from the scene showed dry streets until later in the investigation.
Like the streets were dry at the time of the collision then it rained while they were still working the scene.

I live about 11 miles East of the accident scene. We had rain all morning that day.* It was a coastal storm, so I think it had been raining in Malibu most of the morning. The sun did come out so the roads may have appeared dry by noon, but sometimes they are still slick after hous of early morning rain, in spite of the sun. If that makes sense.

I am also withholding judgement because I do not trust TMZ in this particular situation. Only because they are known to have paparazzi on the Kardashians 24/7. So I think, as a lawyer, Levin, the owner of TMZ, knows it is important that his employees are not found to be responsible in any way. And since they have those Johnny-on-the-Spot photos, it will be questioned why and how they were right there at the key moment. JM O

ETA* I remember about the rain because when I first heard about the accident, on the tv when it happened, the first thing I thought was the rain slicked highway.

Wow. The cost ranges from $3,000 to $20,000 to create such video.

I would be willing to bet the bus company didn't pay that. And I'd be willing to bet the accident investigators didn't pay that.
I wouldn't think the family of the driver of the Lexus would need that recreation. It's been obvious from the start Bruce hit her.
I doubt TMZ would pay that.

I bet this came straight from the desk of the attorney who is working for the driver of the Prius.

I just can't forget how the sheriffs office doubted her from the beginning. And she herself says she's unsure.

Bruce's car did not endup as shown in the recreation. It is inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff