Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of the accident we were told that Jenner was cooperating with LE and giving statements. I wonder how the statements given by Jenner to LE line up with the new emerging evidence. We are told that the MTA bus video shows that Jenner struck BOTH the Lexus and Prius and that furthermore (and crucially!) the video shows that the Lexus did NOT hit the Prius i.e. Jenner was not just a helpless victim of a chain reaction. He was the sole source of the tragedy!

In his statement to LE did Jenner tell them that he struck both vehicles? If not than he was not being truthful IMO since I don't know how he could not be aware of what vehicles he struck. If he lied to LE I really hope that they throw the book at him. Not only was he not keeping a safe stopping distance between his Escalade and the Lexus - Jenner was not even able to stop in time before hitting the vehicle in front of the Lexus. His actions were clearly reckless, IMO.

Jenner's people maintain that he was not texting at the time of the accident. That may well be true but was he reading a text at the time? Was he reading an email or twitter feed? Clearly he was not paying attention to the road ahead of him.
BBM. We are told by whom??? Steindorffer's attorney who has an agenda?? I haven't seen this info in any mainstream media article. Do you have a link???

It just not how it works. You have to follow at a safe distance. And I am not sure anybody stopped their car in the middle of the road to begin with. The cars were approaching a traffic light. There could have been other vehicles in front of the Prius, so it would have to slow down.

BBM. So far, there's no evidence there was, so she bears considerable blame too:snooty:, and does Howe for not stopping as well. Until it is proven, I don't believe BJ's car hit the Prius. It's just not logical, it's Steindorffer wanting to deflect blame from herself, IMO.
In addition, neither of these women had valid CA driver's licenses at the time of the accident, which tells me alot about their characters too, and lack of respect for the law.

I'm trying to think of situations where someone hits another car from behind but cannot be blamed. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if someone cuts you off and immediately slams on their brakes. You would not have had time to allow them to merge, much less maintain a safe distance.

What other situations come to mind??

I'm trying to think of situations where someone hits another car from behind but cannot be blamed. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if someone cuts you off and immediately slams on their brakes. You would not have had time to allow them to merge, much less maintain a safe distance.

Noone here has implied that Bruce is blameless. But I feel Steindorffer and Howe also share in the blame for this crash.

Noone here has implied that Bruce is blameless. But I feel Steindorffer and Howe also share in the blame for this crash.

I wasn't even addressing the issue of Bruce. I was just wondering aloud.

Ultimately it is Bruce's fault. He was carrying a trailer and while going the speed limit apparently it was still too fast for him to brake safely.
It will lie at his feet. I still need to know why the prius was not moving at the same rate of speed as everyone else.

Because he was not maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of him?

Because he was looking at paps in his rear view mirror or out the window instead of focusing on the road ahead?

My Dad rarely maintains a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of him, it drives me CRAZY.
Yet even towing a 3,000 pound, 30 foot trailer he has always managed to stop in time.
Bruce should have been able to stop before hitting the second car.
If he was unable to then something is wrong with this picture.
He was looking ahead, because he swerved.

If there is a turning lane and you stop in the traffic lane to turn.
That will be considered equal fault, I have seen it more than once. :twocents:

My Dad rarely maintains a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of him, it drives me CRAZY.
Yet even towing a 3,000 pound, 30 foot trailer he has always managed to stop in time.
Bruce should have been able to stop before hitting the second car.
If he was unable to then something is wrong with this picture.
He was looking ahead, because he swerved.

Okay, all due respect to your father, at some point if he was too close and speed was high enough, even HE would not be able to stop in time. Those are laws of physics that apply to everyone.

Additional factors associated with inability to stop would be street conditions, condition of tires and brakes, SPEED at the time the brakes are applied, and lack of attention to the road and cars ahead.

It's possible that Bruce was in fact distracted and just happened to turn his attention back to the cars in front of him at the last second, but not soon enough to brake in time to avoid the collision. Maybe he was driving too fast.

Doesn't look like Howe did anything wrong whatsoever. I don't believe her car hit the Prius. IF she was slowing down, it's likely because Prius in front of her was slowing down.

BBM. So far, there's no evidence there was, so she bears considerable blame too:snooty:, and does Howe for not stopping as well. Until it is proven, I don't believe BJ's car hit the Prius. It's just not logical, it's Steindorffer wanting to deflect blame from herself, IMO.
In addition, neither of these women had valid CA driver's licenses at the time of the accident, which tells me alot about their characters too, and lack of respect for the law.

I don't know what is logical or what is not logical, but per TMZ, there is a video of the whole thing which showed Jenner's car hit both cars.
So it would appear Howe didn't do anything wrong whatsoever.

Doesn't look like Howe did anything wrong whatsoever. I don't believe her car hit the Prius. IF she was slowing down, it's likely because Prius in front of her was slowing down.

BBM. I do and she was driving without a valid CA license for 8 years as a CA resident. I want to know why.

I don't know what is logical or what is not logical, but per TMZ, there is a video of the whole thing which showed Jenner's car hit both cars.
So it would appear Howe didn't do anything wrong whatsoever.

Why should I trust a video produced by another participant in the accident, who most likely was also at fault??? No thanks!
I don't believe Jenner's car hit the Prius, it doesn't make logical sense. I think Howe's car did.

It's starting to look (to me) that BJ did hit both cars.

I'm still unsure he is 100% liable. I think there is something rather hinky about the Prius driver's version of events.

If he was going 50mph and looking straight ahead, how in the world did this happen? We are pretty sure he wasn't texting or talking on the phone. We know he wasn't inebriated. We know he swerved to the right to try to miss the Lexus. We know there were skid marks so we know the trailer had brakes and those brakes were activated.

I have so many questions.

I am patiently awaiting the reconstruction findings and official word from the investigators.

The driver of the Prius, Hollywood talent manager Jessica Steindorff, had no idea her license was suspended, according to her lawyer. I find that hard to believe! The license was suspended for failure to appear in appear in court. And Steindorff had it suspended once before for an "unsatisfied judgement." Weird stuff for a professional talent manager.

The driver of the Prius, Hollywood talent manager Jessica Steindorff, had no idea her license was suspended, according to her lawyer. I find that hard to believe! The license was suspended for failure to appear in appear in court. And Steindorff had it suspended once before for an "unsatisfied judgement." Weird stuff for a professional talent manager.

They send you a very formal letter from the State, when they are going to suspend your license. AND your insurance company will call until they get a hold of you, to tell you in no uncertain terms that you are no longer covered. My daughter did not pay for her speeding ticket in time and she ALMOST had it suspended and there was no way not to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360