Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jenner was driving an SUV carrying a dune buggy on the northbound side of PCH that rear-ended a Lexus sedan, Brooks said, noting that traffic was not moving very quickly. One of the drivers may have stopped short.
"It appears one vehicle stopped in traffic, we're not sure why. The second vehicle, a Lexus, hit that car, and a third vehicle carrying a trailer, Mr. Jenner, struck the Lexus. The Lexus, after the collision," Brooks said.

The Lexus was sandwiched between Jenner's SUV and a Toyota Prius, Brooks said.
The Lexus then spun or veered into the quickly moving southbound lane of PCH, where it was hit head-on by a Hummer, he said. The driver of the Lexus died."​

There is more...

Probably no papparazzi. Doesn't sound like the entire accident was necessarily his fault.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...91158071.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand#

"Jenner was driving an SUV carrying a dune buggy on the northbound side of PCH that rear-ended a Lexus sedan, Brooks said, noting that traffic was not moving very quickly. One of the drivers may have stopped short.
"It appears one vehicle stopped in traffic, we're not sure why. The second vehicle, a Lexus, hit that car, and a third vehicle carrying a trailer, Mr. Jenner, struck the Lexus. The Lexus, after the collision," Brooks said.

The Lexus then spun or veered into the quickly moving southbound lane of PCH, where it was hit head-on by a Hummer, he said. The driver of the Lexus died."​

There is more...

Probably no papparazzi. Doesn't sound like the entire accident was necessarily his fault.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...91158071.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand#

I agree. This makes it appear as though he came upon an accident that already happened and continued the mishap. But he was not the only guilty party.

TMZ has photos posted of the moment of impact. It does not look to be raining. Bruce ran into the back of the car in front of him. He will be held legally responsible for the accident, civilly for sure. Don't know that this would involve criminal charges.

The "I was being chased by the paparazzi" doesn't wash. The woman driver whom he ran into - at some speed judging from the damage to the rear of her car and the fact that he drove her into oncoming traffic - was coming to a stop for a red light. Her front wheels were pointing straight ahead. Looks like Bruce swerved hard to the right at the very last second, which put the force of the blow on the right rear of her car, probably spinning it out into the oncoming lane.

The thing is, if she was stopping for a red light, the oncoming cars should have been stopping also. So where did the Hummer that hit her front end come from? Or was the Hummer speeding up to try to miss the red light?

I drove that highway several times as an out-of-stater in a rental car. Yes, there are some crazy drivers on it. But they are everywhere.

No matter what, unfortunately, Bruce Jenner caused this accident. It is up to each individual driver NOT to become distracted.

Oh, and regarding the whole claim that the paparazzi killed Diana, there's been a whole lot of testimony to the contrary at various hearings and inquiries since those initial reports. Numerous sworn witnesses who said the motorcycles were NOT close to the car as it entered the tunnel at a high rate of speed. And despite being initially detained by French police, none of the paparazzi were ever charged with ANYTHING.

You can go online and look up the various court appearances of witnesses including the paparazzi themselves and others. The last inquiry, the British one, had all the testimony published online.

There is more...

You are right. Sounds like comparative fault.
Although anytime you rear end someone, you are at fault. You have to keep a safe distance and control your vehicle. It sounds like the Lexus driver was also at fault for the first impact.

We don't know why the Lexus spun into the other lane.
Or why the first car was stopped on the road.

It will take an investigation by LE to determine fault. They will measure marks on the road (braking distance), the directions the vehicles rested, and interview witnesses.

Then the insurance peeps and attorneys will get involved.

This will all take a while.

Sad for all involved.

Jenner told police that he was being chased by up to five paparazzi when the crash occurred. Sources said multiple paparazzi were at the wreck site, but there was no evidence they caused the crash. Lt. Jennifer Seetoo, watch commander of the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff's Station in Agoura, said she knew of no paparazzi involvement. “I’m not hearing that from my detectives,” she said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-fatal-accident-in-malibu-20150207-story.html

Four-vehicle crash on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu that killed a woman. Jenner wasn't hurt, but seven other people suffered minor to moderate injuries in the crash.
Five people were hospitalized.

Photos of the crash site showed a white Lexus mangled in the front and back, facing a black Hummer with a heavily damaged engine and its hood popped open. A black Escalade that was pulling an off-road vehicle had a damaged front end, and a black Prius appeared to have been rear-ended.

The crash occurred about a mile west of Pepperdine University, on a stretch of road sandwiched between the beach and the Santa Monica Mountains.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/stor...jenner-unhurt-3-vehicle-malibu-crash-killed-1

You are right. Sounds like comparative fault.
Although anytime you rear end someone, you are at fault. You have to keep a safe distance and control your vehicle. It sounds like the Lexus driver was also at fault for the first impact.

We don't know why the Lexus spun into the other lane.
Or why the first car was stopped on the road.

It will take an investigation by LE to determine fault. They will measure marks on the road (braking distance), the directions the vehicles rested, and interview witnesses.

Then the insurance peeps and attorneys will get involved.

This will all take a while.

Sad for all involved.

I agree.

I feel so bad for Bruce. Surely this is really going to hurt him. To be involved in a fatal accident. :(

That article says....

Jenner said paparazzi was following him on PCH "like always" but that he was not trying to get away from them.

If they were casually following him then of COURSE they would take pics when he gets into an accident, at that point the other cars were probably stuck in traffic anyway.

The photos at TMZ by Splash (paparazzi) showing the moment of impact of Bruce's car with the white car, indicate to me that at least one photographer was there and noticed Bruce ahead of the accident. Could that person have called out to Bruce to get his attention and possibly diverted his attention for a split second?

Supposedly, he wasn't speeding. The woman who died was stopped and he rear ended her. Her car went into another lane where it was hit and sadly she was killed. Mark Geragos(spelling?) was on CNN and said manslaughter charges likely. If you look at the pictures from TMZ. It appears he was using the phone when he hit the car.

oy vey...he was on the phone??????...and hauling an ATV too it looks like....his bad.

The photos at TMZ by Splash (paparazzi) showing the moment of impact of Bruce's car with the white car, indicate to me that at least one photographer was there and noticed Bruce ahead of the accident. Could that person have called out to Bruce to get his attention and possibly diverted his attention for a split second?

He doesn't seem to be looking toward the photographer.

Obviously, the pics before and during impact were taken by paparazzi, so I guess Bruce Jenner's story is true. However, I would not doubt he as looking at a text message either.

Good grief. Poor woman, and poor Bruce, if this is indeed what happened. It's a completely believable story, given how he's been so much in the news lately, and how some of the paps behave. Just like what happened with princess Di.

Awful. I realize people choose to become celebrities, but these chase down situations are all too common. I am surprised only that more do not end up dead or injured due to them. I remember thinking when Britney Spears had her sadly public problems, that she would end up in an accident, due to how the paps followed her so closely. Celebrities are human beings too, not to mention the innocent bystanders who can be injured due to the press pursuit.

So sad. Peaceful wishes to the victim, her family, and Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The death was not Bruce's fault, the Lexus driver pulled into oncoming traffic after it was sandwiched between the other two cars. Maybe they were in shock when they did that.....

The death was not Bruce's fault, the Lexus driver pulled into oncoming traffic after it was sandwiched between the other two cars. Maybe they were in shock when they did that.....

More like the Lexus was spun into oncoming traffic.

Accident investigations take time.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members