Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder, so what if paps are trying to take a celebrities photos. It doesn't mean they have to drive any differently than normal. It's not like Al Capone is after you ,trying to shoot you with a machine gun.

What do they mean by chasing them? No one was speeding down the freeway being chased. No one has to get in a wreck because someone is trying to take pictures of them. Just keep driving normally and if they take pictures of you, so what?

Seems celebrities use this for an excuse at times. I am sorry this happened, but you're not allowed to hit someone from behind just because your picture might get taken.

I am not sticking up for paps at all, just saying drive normally and call police if need be.

Could be I just don't know how this actually happens. I do know though, if you hit someone from behind it is considered your fault in California.

Bruce has always lived with the paps following him. He and the rest of the clan signed up for that. Bruce's transitioning is being filmed for his own reality show. IMO, he can't have it both ways. Willing to constantly be filmed and then when it's inconvenient to complain. When you rearend someone it's considered your fault. From the pictures that I've seen it appears he was looking down at the moment of impact. Prayers to the victims.

Bruce has always lived with the paps following him. He and the rest of the clan signed up for that. Bruce's transitioning is being filmed for his own reality show. IMO, he can't have it both ways. Willing to constantly be filmed and then when it's inconvenient to complain. When you rearend someone it's considered your fault. From the pictures that I've seen it appears he was looking down at the moment of impact. Prayers to the victims.

From more recent reports, photographers had nothing to do with the crush. They were following him as usual, but he wasn't trying to avoid them.

More like the Lexus was spun into oncoming traffic.

And you can see in the photos that his car went to the right. Which means it would spin the Lexus to the left (like a carousel).
I don't think he will be charged criminally (unless they can prove he was doing something illegal like texting) but it's extremely likely he will be sued civilly.
Family of the Lexus driver could sue him. So could the person who hit the Lexus when it was spun into oncoming traffic.

I can't believe how trashed that Lexus is. I wonder how fast the Hummer was going

I don't live in CA,but Mark Geragos said there is a law there about no texting. He said manslaughter charges could be likely.

I don't know what all happened in this tragedy, but whoever was wrong, and let's just say Bruce was wrong, he needs to be treated like any other person when it comes to the law. But, reality, I'm sure he won't be. I don't want him to be falsely accused, or given a free ride if he is to blame. Over the years I have watched some of the reality show he has been in, and many other reality shows, on and off, until I can't stand it anymore. I don't know what has happened, but people viewing take sides, people viewing think they know the people as family in these reality shows, and it can get darn scary in the comments. I was just attacked in The Blacklist forum that I'm on, because I want Red and Liz to be father and daughter, and the other night there were actually threats against some people :facepalm: I really don't know how people on shows survive with all the crackpots inserting themselves in their lives. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the woman who died, and all the others that were injured, and for Bruce and the turmoil he must feel.

When CNN reported the crash, the headline was "Bruce Jenner involved in fatal car crash", with the backdrop of a number of "glamour" shots of Bruce in close up.

When the news anchor was talking to a field correspondent about it, she asked twice if everyone was sure that Bruce was still alive.

They report this stuff without even knowing the facts ahead of time...if you were watching in the airport or something, without being able to hear it, you would have assumed Bruce was dead from the headline and the montage of beauty shots.

They probably didn't even consider what the family had or hadn't been told...they just wanted to get the story first.

Don Henley was right...we just want the dirty laundry.

ITA, his car was 1 of 4. I read, the car behind rear-ended him. I'm discusted at TMZ commenters, they live on this planet with us? :thinking: He was driving back with his off road car?? buggy that he lent out to Wounded Warriors. Sometimes the media is trash. He wasn't being "chased" but the paps were still there, hence the "pics" No doubt TMZ paps:moo:. Bless you Bruce. How is this his fault? texting?:rolleyes: pure media speculation? same with Bobbi Kristina:moo:

I am pretty sure he wasn't rear-ended. You can see from the photos he was the one that crashed into the car in front of him. If you rear end a car in front of you, it's automatically your fault, because you are supposed to keep a safe distance.

I am pretty sure he wasn't rear-ended. You can see from the photos he was the one that crashed into the car in front of him. If you rear end a car in front of you, it's automatically your fault, because you are supposed to keep a safe distance.

Are you trying to blame Bruce without all the EVIDENCE in this case JJenny?

Are you trying to blame Bruce without all the EVIDENCE in this case JJenny?

I am trying to state the obvious. If you rear-end somebody's car, it would be almost always considered your fault. Whether you are Bruce or anybody else. From what is being reported now, the car behind Jenner was not involved.
Four vehicles were involved: Two in front of Jenner (including Lexus), Jenner, and a car that hit the Lexus after it was spun into oncoming traffic.

That is true.
But we can't just ignore the fact that the Lexus had already rear ended the first car that stopped short either.

Yes, I believe Bruce is at fault for rear ending the Lexus. And I think him swerving to the right (totally natural reaction when you realize you are about to hit the car in front of you) may have caused the Lexus to go in the other lane. But the Lexus' steering and brakes could have been compromised from the first impact. This may be a comparative fault case.

JMO

That is true.
But we can't just ignore the fact that the Lexus had already rear ended the first car that stopped short either.

Yes, I believe Bruce is at fault for rear ending the Lexus. And I think him swerving to the right (totally natural reaction when you realize you are about to hit the car in front of you) may have caused the Lexus to go in the other lane. But the Lexus' steering and brakes could have been compromised from the first impact. This may be a comparative fault case.

JMO

Seems more were involved because there was no reason to think you would be slowing down like for a stop sign or light turning colors ahead. That is why (I believe)they ran into the vehicle in front of them. Chain reaction/domino effect. I wonder if the fellow in front of jenner that hit the car in front of him did a sobriety test?

That is true.

JMO

I agree. It might have been very hard to avoid hitting the car in front of him if it run into other vehicles. But from the photos I don't see that the front end of the Lexus is impacted (although the photos don't show the full length of the car). So it might have been a very minor collision of the Lexus with a car in front of it. I doubt it impacted its motor.

Seems more were involved because there was no reason to think you would be slowing down like for a stop sign or light turning colors ahead. That is why (I believe)they ran into the vehicle in front of them. Chain reaction/domino effect. I wonder if the fellow in front of jenner that hit the car in front of him did a sobriety test?

The one in front of Jenner's car is the one who ended up dead. It was an elderly woman. I suppose they could do a post-mortem alcohol test but I find it very doubtful that a 70 year old woman was driving and drinking.

I agree. It might have been very hard to avoid hitting the car in front of him if it run into other vehicles. But from the photos I don't see that the front end of the Lexus is impacted (although the photos don't show the full length of the car). So it might have been a very minor collision of the Lexus with a car in front of it. I doubt it impacted its motor.

I didn't say motor. I said brakes or steering.

A rear end collision can impact brakes and steering with minimal impact. We don't know how hard the impact was. And sometimes there is underlying damage that you can't see.

And maybe the driver of the Lexus had her foot off of the brake due to the shock of the first collision.

There are just too many unknowns at this point.

JMO

The one in front of Jenner's car is the one who ended up dead. It was an elderly woman. I suppose they could do a post-mortem alcohol test but I find it very doubtful that a 70 year old woman was driving and drinking.

I'm sure they did test her. That's standard in fatalities.

Ok I didn't know who died. There is a picture here as well.

Jenner was going north when his black Cadillac Escalade rear-ended a Lexus sedan that had just struck the back of a black Toyota Prius, Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Philip Brooks said. The Lexus veered into oncoming traffic in a southbound lane and collided head-on with a black Hummer.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/02/07/bruce-jenner-car-crash-malibu/23046701/

I am by no means saying the victim was drinking. I have seen nothing or heard anything to suggest that
But I don't think I could say I doubted a 70 year old woman was drinking and driving.
It does happen. At every driving age. From 16-90.

Horrible to say. But it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member