Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Kris might be really self-absorbed, shouldn't he have told her? Presumably even before the marriage, especially if he always believed he was a woman "trapped in the man's body"?

I'd read (don't ask me where, can't recall, but online) that she WAS aware of it, but either chose to ignore it, thought the feelings would go away, or thought she could change him.

Take it for what it's worth, since I can't back it up with a link.

\

I know of one. I watched a documentary about the East German regime of using performance enhancing drugs on their young athletes, without telling them. Several of the women grew to have very masculine appearances and one transitioned to a man and said the drugs caused the change in how he perceived his gender.

That wouldn't be the case here though because PEDs tend to have masculizing effects not feminizing ones.

Incorrect.

USADA is pretty much the authority on PEDS.

http://www.usada.org/substances/effects-of-performance-enhancing-drugs/

But it is interesting that it happened. I want to hear if BJ has always felt like a woman or if he blew out his endocrine system with PEDS

Jenner will not be a woman, only a facsimile of a woman. He will still have Y chromosomes which is a definition of a male. Cutting the penis off a colt doesn't make it a filly.

I hadn't heard that. If so then yeah, suspicious.

I know I heard on drive-time radio that he was planning on calling himself Melinda.

ETA: Yeah yeah I know drive-time radio isn't the most reliable of sources but they sounded legit and for the life of me I can't figure out what the joke would be on the name "Melinda."

It was on Entertainment Tonight. I posted the link upthread.

I think we will probably learn that Bruce knew this a long time ago.
That he likely considered suicide over it and suffered depression, self esteem issues and self loathing over it.
That he knew when he married but he was trying to be "normal" and fit in.

That he had to reach a point where he did not care what other people thought of him, before he could come out.
I've heard it all many times and I think we will likely hear much of the same things from Bruce.
I think it will be a rather emotional interview and will likely be a shock for Kris.

Gitana - You will love Josie as well. She is in the last two documentaries I posted.
It is amazing to me how many of these kids look better now.
Nobody would know that Josie or Jazz wasn't born female. They are gorgeous. :dunno:

It's almost like that is who they were MEANT to be all along?
They are SO lucky that they ended up in the families they did! :twocents:

Shame on him if she is recently willing to listen.

Back in Jenner's '70s heyday, Wiki informs us, "The Amazing Kreskin was a mentalist who became popular on North American television." As a psychic, Kreskin was particularly egregious, a snake-oily predictor of headlines designed to entertain based soley on their unlikelihood.

But even for Kreskin, "Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman" would have been miles too far-fetched.

you raise excellent points especially about giving credit where credit is due for exceptional sports abilities.

I recall a few years ago the absolute hell a sprinter had to endure while the Olympic committee had to decide the definition of female with regard to a particular female athlete from South Africa

Yup...and they never released the results, did they? Kind of odd that, if the sprinter was definitelly all female one would THINK she would have WANTED the results released. But maybe she was making some sort of LGTG statement despite the fact it ruined her athletic career?

Can we just imagine if Jenner was 45 years younger and doing this? The debate could be over whether a M2F transexual should be able to compete as a woman in the olympics. Then it could spin off to "if she identifies as a woman, she is a woman, surgery and hormones are not required".

I am confused by all this also. Is he going to be dating men or women? I am not sure what the point is this late in a game.
But it's a free country so whatever floats his (or her) boat, I guess.

If true, it's about finally being comfortable in his own skin.

I have a relative-by-marriage who made the transition at a similar age. The improvement in his-now-her demeanor is obvious to see.

No, it wasn't easy on her daughter and (now-ex) wife, but it wasn't a casual choice. And, yes, she continued to date women even after the M2F conversion. She is living quite happily with a lovely lesbian woman now.

I also read that he's looking into doing a reality show about 'his transition'. Surely no one would go this far for a show. Maybe he's just looking to make the most of it. I guess my problem is, I can think of no reason that I would make a show about my personal life (or for that matter, watch one that is on tv)

I will always be convinced Kim just married that Humphries guy for the show, then put the dump on him. His life didn't matter to her, I'm just thankful that a child was not born out of it.

Well, he wasn't getting much attention in that family, did he? I only watched snippets of the show, but it certainly looks to me that the men in that family (including the brother) aren't getting anywhere near as much attention as the women.

Wait. Long been obvious? In what way?

I just saw how he was changing thru the years and he was looking more feminine. There was a pic of him wearing diamond earrings that made him look very feminine. At first i just attributed his changes to the facelift/plastic surgery that he and Kris had and the way that whole family loves plastic surgery and fakery. But there were little subtle changes along the way. He was pictured wearing nail polish, his hair got longer, he had on lipstick, etc. When he had surgery to have his adam's apple disappear then I really was pretty sure what was going on. He wasn't just a man trying to look younger or better, he was a man who was looking more like a woman.

As a child I knew many people who were LGBT. I was raised in a family/community where it was perfectly acceptable and they were just my aunts, uncles and people I loved. So I tend to pick up on such things and recognize them before others would. I was so glad to see Bruce break free from Kris and to live his life as he wanted. I hope he can be comfortable and not feel like it is something that he has to hide. The burden of having to live a lie like that (especially as part of such a highly publicized and staged family) must have been very stressful. Kris is still denying it which seems incredibly selfish of her. She is such a horrid person to me in every possible way.

The burden of having to live a lie like that (especially as part of such a highly publicized and staged family) must have been very stressful. Kris is still denying it which seems incredibly selfish of her. She is such a horrid person to me in every possible way.

I will proudly admit I don't watch reality TV or keep up with what that crazy family is doing, however if he chose to marry Kris that was HIS DOING.

It isn't as if she bought him at a slave market and he had no choice in the matter. I will also say if I married a tall, masculine man and he started wearing nail polish and becoming effeminate I would be none to happy about it and I would feel very deceived.

If true, it's about finally being comfortable in his own skin.

I think it is more about being "turned on by your own skin".

When I hear men say they are a "woman in a man's body" I can't help but think how on earth do they know what it feels like to be a woman? That would be like me saying "I am a fish trapped in a human body". I have no real concept of what fish truly think/experience, I could only say "I would like to look and act like a fish".

I think the press was not unkind to Chaz Bono when he underwent his transition, so hopefully Bruce will be treated kindly.

It is my understanding that in a Male to Female transition, the person has felt for most if not all of their life that they are a woman trapped inside the body of a man. They want to be a woman, the person they are inside. Thus, they will be interested in having male partners.

I read the story of a man who transitioned to female late in life. He said he had some "homosexual" relations with men as a young man, but that they did not feel homosexual to him, that they felt normal. He then stopped any homosexual behavior and consciously adopted "being male". He married a woman whom he loved and they had a child. But the internal feeling of being a woman inside him never went away. Eventually he and his wife divorced. He remained male due to feeling that his elderly mother, to whom he was very close, could never handle him undergoing a transition.

Eventually the mother died and he began the transition by taking female hormones and undergoing electrolysis to get rid of his beard. Eventually he began to develop breasts. (I noticed in some photos that Bruce is developing breasts also)

The former man - whom I will call Jim - eventually announced to co-workers what was taking place. He then began polishing his nails, wearing makeup and dressing as a female. I'll be honest and say that based on photos, he was no raving beauty of a woman. But, he was a heavy set man in his sixties with a bad haircut who didn't know anything at all about tweezing his eyebrows! Maybe things got better later on.

Eventually, he had his legal name changed and also went through the legalities to have his gender changed.

So, legally, he became a she. As far as surgery, while she - I'll call her Cindy - talked about perhaps having the below the belt surgery at some time in the future, she did not have it done. It is my understanding that these surgeries are extremely expensive and don't always turn out perfectly. Besides, an underlying health condition she had might lead to complications.

Cindy seemed happy enough with where she was at that point. She enjoyed buying clothes, especially fancy underwear it seemed. Her daughter, her ex-wife, her grandchild, her friends and her co-workers all accepted her transition. One brother did and a second brother did not. She placed great value on having "girlfriends" and getting together to "do girl things". She would have liked to have a "boyfriend" but that did not happen.

About two years after her transition, Cindy died suddenly and quite unexpectedly from the underlying health condition unrelated to either sexuality or the transition.

---------------

There was an Anderson Cooper special called "Lady Valor" about a 40 yr. old highly decorated Navy Seal with a wife and two children who ended up transitioning. His story was very similar in the sense of him always having felt like he was a woman inside a man's body.

This man was a younger, tall, broad-shouldered good looking man. He looked a bit strange as a woman. Very muscular in the chest/upper arms area. Oh, and as a woman she liked pearls. (Does anybody still wear pearls?)

This special might be on youtube.

Transgendering is just one more facet of the human condition. We need to all educate ourselves on this because 1.) then we will be able to answer our children's/grandchildren's questions about it 2.) in case any of those same children/grandchildren need us to support them through such a process.

I just saw how he was changing thru the years and he was looking more feminine. There was a pic of him wearing diamond earrings that made him look very feminine. At first i just attributed his changes to the facelift/plastic surgery that he and Kris had and the way that whole family loves plastic surgery and fakery. But there were little subtle changes along the way. He was pictured wearing nail polish, his hair got longer, he had on lipstick, etc. When he had surgery to have his adam's apple disappear then I really was pretty sure what was going on. He wasn't just a man trying to look younger or better, he was a man who was looking more like a woman.

As a child I knew many people who were LGBT. I was raised in a family/community where it was perfectly acceptable and they were just my aunts, uncles and people I loved. So I tend to pick up on such things and recognize them before others would. I was so glad to see Bruce break free from Kris and to live his life as he wanted. I hope he can be comfortable and not feel like it is something that he has to hide. The burden of having to live a lie like that (especially as part of such a highly publicized and staged family) must have been very stressful. Kris is still denying it which seems incredibly selfish of her. She is such a horrid person to me in every possible way.

Like I said, all of that has been very recent.

It is my understanding that in a Male to Female transition, the person has felt for most if not all of their life that they are a woman trapped inside the body of a man. They want to be a woman, the person they are inside. Thus, they will be interested in having male partners.

Not sure about that, seems quite a few "love and identify" with women so much they want to become a woman. They transition and become "lesbians". Never seems to work the other way around though (i.e. females transitioning to males and then wanting to sleep with men).

Does anyone remember seeing Bruce in hot pants (remember those!!) for a movie he was doing in the 80's? I don't recall the name of it. He was seen walking w/another guy. gosh , i'm not much help!

But he looked really 'happy' dressed that way.

BJ was just in an auto accident, apparently alright due to photos at link....one person is dead

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/07/bruce...dent-pacific-coast-highway-malibu-photo-dead/

Update from the link:

UPDATE: Several eyewitnesses say the accident was caused when Bruce rear ended the white car and that car then went into oncoming traffic and was struck by the Hummer. Eyewitnesses say the driver of the white car -- a female -- died.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3R69P2Qsl

The link says that Bruce claimed he was being chased by as many as five paparazzi when he ran into the woman's car.

http://www.tmz.com/

That is absolutely awful. That poor woman's family!
Also I feel bad for Bruce... this will likely hit him hard later.

He doesn't strike me as the type to blame someone else.
He will realize this was his fault, even if he was being chased by the paparazzi.
(Which I am sure he was... they are pretty brutal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces