Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah and that too. I forgot about the credible eye witnesses. :twocents:

It is kind of nice to be an 'eyewitness' in support of someone, as opposed to seeing something criminal or horrible. :yes:

They were not photoshopped. As I posted above, I see him a few times a week, at a minimum. He is a creature of habit. He goes to Starbucks in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I have seen the colorful nail polish and the clear lip gloss. He seems very comfortable with it.

You didn't mention the nail polish in your post.

It must be very painful mentally and physically to change genders.
Let's hope he gets support that he needs. Jenner is no young chicken anymore.
I know a man (married and 2 children) that went to his wife for a divorce, told her
he always felt like a woman. He went through all the operations etc. Moved to another town
and is completely a woman now. It was so hard on everyone. The genes are messed up in many people.

He had the same genes for many years. I am curious why he is transitioning now as opposed to when he was younger.

He is doing it now because he got the therapy to do it now.
I think he also waited until his girls were old enough to understand.
Not to mention, it would have been pretty difficult to do this while still married, don't you think?

The same reason gay men get married, have kids and then come out when they are 50.
Fear, apprehension, fear of rejection, losing their family, etc.

He had the same genes for many years. I am curious why he is transitioning now as opposed to when he was younger.

I'm with you on this, seems like late in the game to be making such a drastic change.
I'm all for being whoever you feel you are, but for me personally, I would always choose to live in the body I was born in. Inside that body is you. Surgical changes just seem wrong to me, I would never feel comfortable with it. To each his own. These days, you can find someone who will go for whoever you are.
All jmo.
I also wonder though, like many who go thru these changes, when he becomes a woman, will he be gay, and want a relationship with another woman? That always seems odd to me too.

I'm with you on this, seems like late in the game to be making such a drastic change.
I'm all for being whoever you feel you are, but for me personally, I would always choose to live in the body I was born in. Inside that body is you. Surgical changes just seem wrong to me, I would never feel comfortable with it. To each his own. These days, you can find someone who will go for whoever you are.
All jmo.
I also wonder though, like many who go thru these changes, when he becomes a woman, will he be gay, and want a relationship with another woman? That always seems odd to me too.

Me too at the wondering, does this mean he/she is a lesbian? Will she like men? I'm confused.

Bruce Jenner's mom opens up about his gender journey

NEW YORK (AP) With speculation flying, Bruce Jenner's mother opened up Wednesday about his gender journey.

Esther Jenner, 88, has been besieged by calls from the media in recent days, but the widow in Lewiston, Idaho, isn't interested in fueling gossip. Instead, in a wide-ranging, nearly hour-long phone interview, she praised her Olympian son for his courage, stopping short of some details that have been floated by unnamed sources online and in tabloids

AP: Have you spoken to Bruce recently about his transition?

Jenner: It was brief and I said I was proud of him and that I'll always love him. I never thought I could be more proud of Bruce when he reached his goal in 1976, but I'm more proud of him now. It takes a lot of courage to do what he's doing."

http://www.nbcsports.com/bruce-jenners-mom-opens-about-his-gender-journey

More Q&A at the link.....

All jmo.

A friend of mine is a fully transitioned transwoman, she's still married to her wife, they have 2 grown children. It was a very difficult time for her wife to accept as you can imagine, and 'he' was a typical male in the building profession. It did seem to come out of nowhere.
She has expressed to me her desire for a male lover, and said that in her 'former life', she was actually quite a homophobe, so it's quite confusing, but I figured, people are way more complex than we like to think. I have come to know quite a few transsexual ladies, and every one is an individual and so different.
One young lady who I got to know quite well told me she felt like a female since she was little. She had two relationships with women as a male but no children. She's had the full op plus facial surgery, and still leads a successful life in the 'male' dominated movie industry behind the scenes. But at this stage, isn't interested in a relationship with a male.
It all comes down to identity and if they're solely attracted to women, they will be happier as a woman in a same sex relationship. I haven't personally met any transmales, but I know of several who are gay and a few who are in relationships with women.
I hope the media and public don't give Bruce Jenner too much of a hard time. He obviously wants to live out the rest of his life as a female but hasn't publically announced it yet, once he does, then we'll have to get used to female pronouns and new name. :)

If what I've read is true, he's felt this way for decades. All I can say is, how horrible for him, if that is the case. He must have felt so conflicted. Good for him for being true to himself.

You didn't mention the nail polish in your post.

No, I didn't. I feel a sense of loyalty to him. Besides, at the time I saw the nail polish I still was not certain it meant he was transitioning. My daughter is a musician and she knows guys that paint their nails. And wear make up. So I was not sure why he had the polish. He has teen daughters so I wondered if he was goofing off with them.

But as time went on, I began to realize that the rumors were probably based on some truths. But even last week, he looked all male to me. He had his longish hair back in a low pony tail, like usual. And he had on nice, cleanly pressed masculine clothing. Dark khaki pants, multi-colored print collared shirt, nice navy blue jacket. He looked like man to me. Although a hint of clear lip gloss. :wink:

All jmo.

I work closely with the LGBT youth in my area. I have met several people who have transitioned.
I am guessing that if you hated your body... and wanted to mutilate your private parts... you might feel differently.
Even younger kids have been known to literally try and "cut it off" because it didn't belong there.

It isn't about finding someone to go for whoever you are... it's about being who you are.
If you grew up constantly feeling like you were a woman and hating your body... that would take it's toll after 6 decades.
Perhaps he doesn't want to live his last few decades hating himself and the body he was born into?
People who strongly believe they were born into the wrong body will often commit suicide rather than go through a transition.
I am personally just grateful that Bruce had the courage to make this change rather than just killing himself. :twocents:

There are quite a few good documentaries about transitioning that are rather compelling and emotional.
You can't say what you would do, since you can't understand unless you've been there.
*I* can't say what I can do since I haven't been there. But I've seen the struggle of those who have.
I suggest people who think THEY would NEVER do that, do some research on the subject. :twocents:

Here are some starting points:

This girl is unbelievably amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/Jazztrans

Transgender at 11: Listening to Jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJw3s85EcxM

I Am Jazz - A Family In Transition (Part 2 and 3 will be on the right.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh6NecfMiE

Living a Transgender Childhood Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkshgwzGEhg

Real Life: Transgender Children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BmtInLGt8

No, I didn't. I feel a sense of loyalty to him. Besides, at the time I saw the nail polish I still was not certain it meant he was transitioning. My daughter is a musician and she knows guys that paint their nails. And wear make up. So I was not sure why he had the polish. He has teen daughters so I wondered if he was goofing off with them.

But as time went on, I began to realize that the rumors were probably based on some truths. But even last week, he looked all male to me. He had his longish hair back in a low pony tail, like usual. And he had on nice, cleanly pressed masculine clothing. Dark khaki pants, multi-colored print collared shirt, nice navy blue jacket. He looked like man to me. Although a hint of clear lip gloss. :wink:

This is exactly why I have not believed any of the gossip--real men are a dying breed plus there are lots of metrosexuals around .

I ran as fast as I could from men who primped more than me:)

All jmo.

I am confused by all this also. Is he going to be dating men or women? I am not sure what the point is this late in a game.
But it's a free country so whatever floats his (or her) boat, I guess.

I am confused by all this also. Is he going to be dating men or women? I am not sure what the point is this late in a game.
But it's a free country so whatever floats his (or her) boat, I guess.

Let's say he's always felt like a woman trapped in a man's body.
The point, this late in the game, would be (for him, I guess) finally being able to be "himself" or herself.

Kind of like Joel Grey, finally coming out of the closet at his age.

While Kris might be really self-absorbed, shouldn't he have told her? Presumably even before the marriage, especially if he always believed he was a woman "trapped in the man's body"?

Imo, Bruce looked a bit feminine in 'Can't stop the Music', which is considered a gay classic in Oz. :p Maybe it all started way back then. I have never watched 'KUWTK', so I have only that movie to go by. :D

Cant_Stop_the_Music04.jpg

I always had the impression that their marriage was one of convenience but not sure why I felt that way. I think I've seen their show maybe three times so not enough to know anything about them honestly. It just seemed to me that they each did their own thing but came together for the cameras. I'd be floored if she truly had no clue about this - she'll turn any personal/family situation into scripted $$ reality TV, any storyline will do. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces