Burke Files 150 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Werner Sptiz???

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i call this, pulling a McCann. It is the sole reason LE was afraid to push any of the ramsey's from day one. fear of being sued.

There's been speculation here on WS about JR possibly being unaware of what happened until he went missing for over an hour the morning of the 26th. Will LW just throw PR, ransom note and all, under the bus, blame it all on her?

I apologize again, I'm really having trouble with either this website or my computer today. It keeps stalling when I try to quote someone, but this is in response to keyleigh's comment mentioning BR's medical records. I wonder if they even exist. Can medical records be legally destroyed? Is it allowed every 7 years like some other documents?

I apologize again, I'm really having trouble with either this website or my computer today. It keeps stalling when I try to quote someone, but this is in response to keyleigh's comment mentioning BR's medical records. I wonder if they even exist. Can medical records be legally destroyed? Is it allowed every 7 years like some other documents?

Yes, states have laws on the books about how long medical records must be kept. It's usually no longer than 10 years, although sometimes you can find records that somehow missed destruction. I'm working on case right now involving an incident that occurred a few years ago and in the sweep of medical records I came across his 1981 vasectomy records.

I've just had a chance to scan the Complaint. It sounds as though Spitz may have been working promotion for the CBS special when he spoke to the radio station. If so, it's quite possible that his contract with CBS will afford him a defense in this lawsuit. This would be good as it makes it less likely that an insurance carrier of Spitz's will simply pay Burke off so they don't have to incur a ton of legal costs. That's what happened with all of the other people and entities Wood has sued in the past. Either they couldn't afford to defend the case or their insurance companies couldn't be bothered to. No one has ever fought them through to trial and I doubt much meaningful discovery has ever taken place.

I think this lawsuit will be dropped. The very premise of a slander suit is that the plaintiff has to prove the defendant was 1) lying and 2) did damage to his reputation. Truth is the ultimate defense. If Spitz is telling the truth (and IMO, he is spot on), then he wins. So BR will have to PROVE that he did NOT kill his sister, and there is no way he can do that. (Unless JR decides to confess or something.) They are fishing for money, but as soon as they get deposed, this whole thing will go away.

I think this lawsuit will be dropped. The very premise of a slander suit is that the plaintiff has to prove the defendant was 1) lying and 2) did damage to his reputation. Truth is the ultimate defense. If Spitz is telling the truth (and IMO, he is spot on), then he wins. So BR will have to PROVE that he did NOT kill his sister, and there is no way he can do that. (Unless JR decides to confess or something.) They are fishing for money, but as soon as they get deposed, this whole thing will go away.

No reason for JR to confess. He sets himself up for a prison sentence for nothing. Burke can never be convicted of any criminal act in this case.

Unless they are tossed by the court early on for being obviously frivolous, most of these sorts of cases settle. You are 100% correct that the truth is the absolute defense here, but getting at the truth can be very, very expensive for both sides. Wood also has to prove intentional malice, and that takes a lot of discovery as well which is also expensive for both sides. Wood has exploited the expense aspect of these lawsuits for years, forcing settlements so he never has to get too far into discovery.

But as I mentioned above, if CBS is going to cover Spitz here (and we have no way of knowing if they are), Wood could be walking into a trap. This is Burke we're talking about now, not slick John Ramsey. He said some shocking things during the Dr. Phil interviews that none of us had ever heard before. Downstairs that night after everyone had gone to bed? And the giggling over his dead sister's weird droopy eye? What the hell is going here?

Lin Wood can prep this guy til the cows come home and scream and yell at the attorney asking the questions, but at the end of the day he's stuck with a very strange character who is going to have to undergo a grueling, detailed deposition. Investigators will be digging up witnesses and every bit of information they can find about his adult and childhood history. He has no idea what might pop out of Burke's mouth under oath.

Whatever you think of Spitz, neither he nor CBS are naive and they had attorneys advising them during this whole time. There is no way they weren't expecting this.

I know this is not a popular opinion here---:whiteflag: -----but I feel sorry for BR. He was a 9 yr old little boy. He was not a sadistic killer, in my opinion. I think he is likely autistic, perhaps Aspergers. He is a bit odd but I don't think he is evil.
The blame goes to his parents, in my opinion. They created the evil circumstances. They may have even murdered the poor girl themselves when they saw she was still alive. I don't think we should be bashing the 9 yr old, but we should be focusing on his horrid parents.

No BR was not a sadistic killer, he was jealous of his sister and in a moment of rage swung, killing JBR...MOO.

If BR did kill JBR, and IF the parents were forthcoming, people would have been sympathetic to BR's possibility of an illness back then. I would have felt bad for BR, HOWEVER, a cover up.....funny interviews.....hiding info....now leads to all kinds of questions.

BR is no longer 9 years old. He is an ADULT who decided to do an interview on his sisters death. He opened a big keg of worms, even if other media did shows on the POSSIBLE cause of death. BR should have stayed quiet, or let his lawyer make a comment.

Why did he speak? IMO I think he and dad need money. How much did BR and dad get paid? No one is giving up that figure.

BR will have to testify, JR will have to testify. BR never will beable to handle days of questioning, no matter who helps or coaches him with hiding his manners, going over possible questions with him, BR will not be able to handle it.

IMO, the Ramseys are hoping the doctor will settle...why...more money!!!!!

And a little girl, JBR, is forgotten by her family....but not by the public.

i call this, pulling a McCann. It is the sole reason LE was afraid to push any of the ramsey's from day one. fear of being sued.

RIght! Even Ramseys own 'friends' became unfriended, because they knew too much or said to much. They were probably threatened by JR. JR had a lot of power back then....threats and money can do alot. IMO

Marking my spot. RIP dear child.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

After reading this, thank you so much for this version, NIN- I have to say that good old BR defamed himself in his own words while seated on DP's leather couch.Media exploded after that. It could absolutely be argued that public opinion was formed even before the CBS special and later, Spitz comments. What we see here folks is legal eagles looking for someone else to blame for the fact that BR chose to speak publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think BR is deviant and was at age 9. I think he placed poo in her bed and onto her chocolates and hit her on the head just like he admitted to doing with a golf club. He is still a strange person as an adult who hasn't seemed to developed much from his childhood. Moving ahead with this lawsuit will only be detrimental to him IMO.

he is going after cbs as well but dealing with the WEAKEST link first.

Not weak at all. You could counter sue them right now for defamation based on them trying to hurt his business with cases not associated with claim. I would file immediately.

Exhibit A is AH signed statement. It's as dangerous as ML's stupid exoneration. But it will help BR. Again. Spitz can't prove his theory. He can't prove the mag is the m.weapon. Cant place it in BRs hands even if it is. Cant prove BR is mentally unfit OR SOMETHING, his own words. Then there is his history as an expert. We all know about that.

You doth protest too much. In actuality, maybe Lin Wood wants the Ramsey truth out. Pretty stupid to sue otherwise.

Burke cannot be prosecuted for the death of JonBenét. As for protecting his reputation, people have been saying he killed his sister for 19 years. His rep was already piss poor. Has he lost his woman or his job in the last few weeks because of this Detroit (radio?/TV?) interview? He could have just let this go. But bills must be paid. Full steam ahead! Let's squeeze a few extra Deutsche Marks outta Doktor Spitz before he dies and achieve the American Dream the new-fashioned way: by suing someone else's money into my pocket. In essence he's trying to make a living out of his sister's death. Even if by some miracle the Ramseys had nothing to do with it, the simple fact that they've worked their butts off to make $ off this tragedy makes them bastards. If it could be proven that they weren't responsible, I would say to JR and BR, "Sorry for what you went through. I can't begin to imagine how horrible it must have been. But you two are 350 pounds of *advertiser censored* in a 3 ounce hat."

The grapefruit sized elephant in the room is made of poop. That elephant does not bode well for BR.

JonBenet's brother files defamation suit against pathologist
October 6, 2016

Snipped...
'Spitz made this accusation without ever examining JonBenet's body, without viewing the crime scene, and without consulting with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on JonBenet,' reads a complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit by Burke's attorney, Lin Wood.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/jonbenet-s-brother-files-defamation-suit-against-pathologist-1.3105525

Funny how Kris Sperry, Michael Doberson and a slew of other phony "experts" never examined her body, viewed the crime scene or consulted with the coroner, either, but Woody thinks they're the cat's pajamas! And the reason Spitz never viewed the crime scene is because the Ramseys wouldn't LET him! What were they hiding?

Totally agree and was thinking the same thing. All that money people donated went on litigation in their case. Blood money off the back of a dead child. How rotten.

To sue for Libel/Defamation they will have to prove malicious intent. That would be the standard required to prevail in a libel suit involving a public figure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back