CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed these were improvised shackles, made from some hardware materials other than rope, rather than some kind of commercial product. (I'm not willing to Google the options for human shackles in case the police ever need to check my computer!)

I think at least one article mentioned chains and padlocks. Pieces of chain wrapped around a wrist or leg with a padlock put through some links would work. Or even a bike lock of some kind.

Other siblings, who range in age from 2 to 29, were allegedly "shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/doctor-sha...recovery-achieved-overnight/story?id=52391601

Wow! They ran 13 DNA screens Lickety Split didn't they?[emoji848]
See? DNA does not take weeks to months! (Imagine that!)
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Or maybe those poor girls were examined and found not to have given birth - I hope they didn't have to go through that. Hopefully they just verbally convinced LE that the younger children were all their mother's babies.
Louise probably had home births, which would keep the babies under the radar.

A little off topic but this is awful- No regulation for home schooling. I know most parents mean well and want the best for their kids and want them to achieve great things but just thinking about the cases like this where you know they were likely getting very little of a regular education is awful. It’s making a choice for those kids that will have such an impact on their future. They really should have some testing or guidelines that should be followed. At least for the basic things like math and reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know though. What if you decided that your kids should be educated a
certain way- like a more child-led curriculum. Or maybe your child learns a different way than most and needs a totally different form of learning.

And what if you were disgusted by common core. For example,
or felt that the current, typical education system concetrated too much on testing and homework and would dim the light and curiosity of your children and their love of learning? What if you felt strongly about that?

I see the problems but should we have the right to educate our kids according to our own values and needs and cultures to a large degree.

We all think we are right and others are wrong when it comes to different approaches.

For example, I do think the emphasis on testimony and endless homework is counterproductive and soul crushing. I also think a curriculum that withholds sex education to middle schoolers is negligent and stupid. And I think schools that include nothing but repetitive study of religious texts or denunciations of certain thing (like how madrasas almost only study the Koran and hatred of Americans) are dangerous.

What if the government chose one kind that you felt was against everything you believed in? Should you be allowed to educate your child at home, our way?

It's a hard situation. And an interesting subject.

Yes that’s what I have said previously, that the renewal was done and consummation followed. I can’t imagine for how much longer.. not sure how much longer LT had in fertility age which I really believe may have led to a downward spiral leading to the shackles...

The wife kinda seems kinda despondent in general kinda.. off in the distance if you will.... I’ve worked one on one with those suffering from schizophrenia and recall this similar kind of look... almost like their looking through you as if you’re not there at all.. which kinda touches on what some of the neighbors mentioned when trying to say hello. What did LT really think was happening in her home and mind? We may never know..

I also was uncomfortable when Elvis sang the word “sex” and leaned closer to the young girls and their discomfort and awkwardness . I imagine he wouldn’t change his set or the words but perhaps he could of been a bit more subtle about it ... ::shudder::

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I missed that part w/Elvis. I don't know how this will do for him publicly even though he's at no fault at all. He's not the Elvis guy anymore. He's THAT Elvis guy. Kinda like Jerrod is the reason I can't hardly eat at Subway. I don't think I've eaten there since the Jerrod scandal broke and I live in a tiny town with few choices. I. just. can't.

Hello Everyone, newbie member here, first post.

(copying and pasting because I couldn't find original post:)

"I noticed that, too.

I found this website:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4266867/

It has a good description of what malnutrition does to puberty.

Another oddity, to me at least. The older girls are wearing heels during the 'weddings'. I didn't expect that."

Can life be stranger than fiction? There's a movie that came out a few years back, "Dogtooth" (from Greece so you have to read subtitles) that was shown briefly in one LA theater for Oscar consideration so not many people have seen it... Only 3 kids - all grown up - in this movie, spend their whole lives in the confine of a villa in the suburbs. No maids, no phone, no tv/radio. Dad is the control freak, mom subservient accomplice. Both in their 50s still having an active sex life together. Wealthy family, dad a factory owner. The kids are well fed and clothed, free to roam within the set boundaries. Everyday dad drives off to work and the gate shuts. It won't open again until he comes home in the evening.

Dogtooth is meant to be a tooth molar that dad tells the children when that falls off they will be able to set foot outside the gate and the "monsters" will not eat them (they thought a little cat wandering in was a monster and reacted accordingly.) When there is a plane flying overhead, mom would eventually "find" a toy plane in the garden and tells the children that it has landed. No religious indoctrination IIRC.

When the children become adults (physically) dad sees to it that their sex lives also taken care of (especially that of the boy). btw this is not a sexploitation movies, the sex is only part of the "normal" education of the children. At the end one of them escapes. Worth taking a look if you can find it, on line or wherever (I found my copy at the flea market, the movie made a splash on the art house circuit when it first came out so they put it on dvd.) One detail of the Perris children that resonates with me in regard to the movie is when the older girls walking in on heels in one of the Elvis wedding videos you could tell they are clearly doing it for the first time; and the awkward dancing - which I haven't watched - is demonstrated amply in the movie.

I'm dying to find out what made the 17 old run away (snap), one girl was allowed to drive and how that piece of info came about? The press conference btw is a total nothingburger, why bother? The kids dressed alike (albeit in sets) and taken out in public jog my memory back to the cult mass suicide in San Diego (was it Heaven's gate?) where all members dressed alike and went out for pizza and star wars/trek movies the night before.

Some quotes from David's father in this article.

Father in California shackled children case originally from Princeton

http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_1342a340-0457-5ae6-85ab-700dff188f5d.html

See below.

If true, I think they're doing what every grandparent would do and that is get in contact with the 13 ASAP. I think it's wonderful they're having their lawyers contact Child Protective Services in CA. Hopefully this means that they will take on at least some sort of care for the children when an appropriate time comes.

I do not. I feel strongly that these children should be protected from the parental grandparents. They seem to be apologists for the parents. I don't believe they will put the needs of the children over the needs of their son. I can see them convincing the children not to testify or dissuading them or making them believe that what they may say or have sad about the parents is wrong f.

I hope they are kept well away from those kids and only allowed to contact them in a therapeutic, supervised setting.

I don't feel the same when it comes to their maternal aunt however, who was crying on tv. But that could change.

See below.

I do not. I feel strongly that these children should be protected from the parental grandparents. They seem to be apologists for the parents. I don't believe they will put the needs of the children over the needs of their son. I can see them convincing the children not to testify or dissuading them or making them believe that what they may say or have sad about the parents is wrong f.

I hope they are kept well away from those kids and only allowed to contact them in a therapeutic, supervised setting.

I don't feel the same when it comes to their maternal aunt however, who was crying on tv. But that could change.

I agree. I don't think anyone in the extended family has demonstrated that they would be good advocates for the children, or - just as importantly right now - that they would be equipped to give the sensitive and intensive care that these children will need to regain their health and integrate into normal society.

From what I gathered, they went to CircusCircus a few times. that is often a popular destination because they have one level that is a kids' arcade. So they shared pics of two trips to Circus Circus, three trips to Elvis chapel, and three trips to Disneyland. And that's just what was shared publicly. There are whole chunks of time we just have no idea about... All IMO based on what I've seen so far.

Were the circus circus trips around the same time as the wedding trips or totally different times?

Or maybe those poor girls were examined and found not to have given birth - I hope they didn't have to go through that. Hopefully they just verbally convinced LE that the younger children were all their mother's babies.
Louise probably had home births, which would keep the babies under the radar.
And realistically, if the 29 year old woman is presenting as an ‘underdeveloped 15 year old’ (quote from the dr who examined her) she would probably be so malnourished and emaciated that her cycles had stopped, thus very unlikely to have fallen pregnant.

The poor thing :(

Very interesting post in February of 2011 by D&LT on their FB page regarding a "new little one" that would be coming in 9 months. It is below a picture showing the family with 12 kids. If that child had been born, they would be 5 years old. The youngest according to news reports is 2 years old.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...545334.-2207520000.1516123609.&type=3&theater

One expected baby seems to have disappeared. On Dec 20, 2010, Louise posted a picture on Facebook of the family dressed in red, with a street scene behind them. The children are holding tubes. In a comment, Louise replied "Thanks and in 9 months we will have a new little one to add." But there are already 12 children in the picture, and the baby shown in the last several years appears close to a newborn in the Spring of 2015.

I've been having a terrible time trying to get caught up , so I apologize if my questions have already been answered. On the bankruptcy forms, it says that in 2011 they had 11 dependents between the ages of 4 and 19. It also says that 4 of them are sons.
What I'm wondering is:
Did they have the wrong ages, either then or now, or were there also older children in the home who weren't considered to be dependents?

What happened to the 4th son? Was a girl mistakenly listed as a boy or was there another son no longer in the home?

I know one of the children not on the form is the 2 year old, but was there another born between the 11 year old and the 2 year old, or was there actually another one (or more) who is older?

Thanks to anyone with the knowledge and patience to answer.

This link says they had "more than a dozen" children... if they moved to CA in 2011 or whatever, that likely means there are children that are unaccounted for.

Math! = missing children!
Why?
How?

IMO this is going to get worse! Much worse!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In those videos with Elvis, I noticed the children looked towards their parents multiple times. I don't know if they were looking for approval, or what the reasoning was. It just stood out to me.

Welcome to Websleuths, somerset. :greetings: What an interesting movie...and first post!

The 17 year old fascinates me. Where did that spark of courage come from when others who have been in captivity can’t speak up, even when they are allowed out in public. I hope someday when and if she and the others have recovered that they write a book, like Jaycee Dugard has.

I also wonder if the therapy with horses Jaycee had would help these kids/adults. She now has her own foundation to help families who have gone through trauma.

[FONT=&amp]The JAYC Foundation provides services by utilizing treatment programs that focus on healing through traditional therapy along with animal therapy, equine therapy, and other experiential therapies. This comprehensive approach brings families together with treatment programs designed specifically for them and their unique circumstances.
[/FONT]

http://thejaycfoundation.org/about-us/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ctim-used-horse-therapy-reconnect-family.html

Hello Everyone, newbie member here, first post.

(copying and pasting because I couldn't find original post:)

"I noticed that, too.

I found this website:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4266867/

It has a good description of what malnutrition does to puberty.

Another oddity, to me at least. The older girls are wearing heels during the 'weddings'. I didn't expect that."

Can life be stranger than fiction? There's a movie that came out a few years back, "Dogtooth" (from Greece so you have to read subtitles) that was shown briefly in one LA theater for Oscar consideration so not many people have seen it... Only 3 kids - all grown up - in this movie, spend their whole lives in the confine of a villa in the suburbs. No maids, no phone, no tv/radio. Dad is the control freak, mom subservient accomplice. Both in their 50s still having an active sex life together. Wealthy family, dad a factory owner. The kids are well fed and clothed, free to roam within the set boundaries. Everyday dad drives off to work and the gate shuts. It won't open again until he comes home in the evening.

Dogtooth is meant to be a tooth molar that dad tells the children when that falls off they will be able to set foot outside the gate and the "monsters" will not eat them (they thought a little cat wandering in was a monster and reacted accordingly.) When there is a plane flying overhead, mom would eventually "find" a toy plane in the garden and tells the children that it has landed. No religious indoctrination IIRC.

When the children become adults (physically) dad sees to it that their sex lives also taken care of (especially that of the boy). btw this is not a sexploitation movies, the sex is only part of the "normal" education of the children. At the end one of them escapes. Worth taking a look if you can find it, on line or wherever (I found my copy at the flea market, the movie made a splash on the art house circuit when it first came out so they put it on dvd.) One detail of the Perris children that resonates with me in regard to the movie is when the older girls walking in on heels in one of the Elvis wedding videos you could tell they are clearly doing it for the first time; and the awkward dancing - which I haven't watched - is demonstrated amply in the movie.

I'm dying to find out what made the 17 old run away (snap), one girl was allowed to drive and how that piece of info came about? The press conference btw is a total nothingburger, why bother? The kids dressed alike (albeit in sets) and taken out in public jog my memory back to the cult mass suicide in San Diego (was it Heaven's gate?) where all members dressed alike and went out for pizza and star wars/trek movies the night before.

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlN5qpp8j74

See below.

I've been stewing over this since I made the comment and I think I agree with you. After considerable thought, I don't have faith that services would adequately enforce any No Contact restrictions placed between the children and parents or conduct the relevant welfare checks to ensure the children aren't being neglected again. (Potentially aspects of Stockholms Sydrome exist here)

I so, so hope their journey from here is gentle and loving.

See below.

I agree re the Grandparents.

I’m wary of the aunt too (if you’re talking about Elizabeth). I noticed that she lied about Facebook - in the interview she said Louise refused her FB friend request, but when I looked at some photos I saw Elizabeth commenting on them. I’m pretty sure someone else here said she was listed as Louise’s friend.

I don’t see a reason to lie about that, so it’s a red flag for me.

I genuinely think (re the ‘missing child’ she references on Facebook) she had a miscarriage. She said the new baby would be born in 9 months, which means she was early in the pregnancy when she announced it. It is not unusual for women in their 40s to have early miscarriages.

It’s still worth LE looking into, of course, but I think this woman collected and hoarded children as trophies. She wouldn’t get rid of one, IMO.

I agree re the Grandparents.

I’m wary of the aunt too (if you’re talking about Elizabeth). I noticed that she lied about Facebook - in the interview she said Louise refused her FB friend request, but when I looked at some photos I saw Elizabeth commenting on them. I’m pretty sure someone else here said she was listed as Louise’s friend.

I don’t see a reason to lie about that, so it’s a red flag for me.

If you're referring to the interview on NBC, that interview was with Teresa Robinette. LT's sister.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-new...charged-with-torture-speaks-out-1138262595763

Brings to mind some interviews with women in the Warren Jeffs cult. I recall noting that the women's voices were abnormally high, or thin.

These girls do look abnormally "shy" or fearful--unable to move their bodies to the music. Stiff.

I think that's the "keep sweet" thing. The Duggar mother and the women and girls in another, similar family mentioned on here earlier have voiced like that. T could be an artificial attempt to sound childlike and feminine.

(O/T, I'm behind here, not sure if David Koresh has been mentioned); here are some old articles I found of interest:

Child Survivors Recall Waco Fire 10 Years On
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=131981&page=1

"The children remember a close-knit community in which they were not allowed to have contact with anyone outside the cult. They were taught that there were only two types of people: "good" people who were inside the cult, and "bad" people who were everyone else."

Growing Up Under Koresh - Cult Children Tell of Abuses - NYTimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/04/u...t-children-tell-of-abuses.html?pagewanted=all

Re: Post-incident interviews after the children had some time:
"...Over the course of two months, the kids became increasingly open..." )

I read a book by Dr. Perry on childhood trauma. Something like "The BoyWho was Raised like a Dog". He's incredible. He treated the Waco kids.

He talked about how to treat kids with truama. He said talk therapy is dangerous for trauma victims. He discussed a case of a sweet foster lady who had great success with her foster kids and helping them heal from trauma. When asked what she does she said, "I just loves them." She described letting them sleep in her bad, bathing and feeding six year olds like babies. Some stuff you're really not supposed to do with foster kids.

But it worked.

Very interesting read about childhood trauma.

If you're referring to the interview on NBC, that interview was with Teresa Robinette. LT's sister.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-new...charged-with-torture-speaks-out-1138262595763
Ah that’s a different one. So Louise has at least 3 sisters - Teresa, Elizabeth and I can’t remember the last name. It started with M, I think.

This is Elizabeth:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...na-Turpins-sister-not-allowed-visit-home.html

Edited to add - the younger sister is McCeary.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...r/news-story/534fd3c14ea6af4fdfcda4a1e9ac1307

I think at least one article mentioned chains and padlocks. Pieces of chain wrapped around a wrist or leg with a padlock put through some links would work. Or even a bike lock of some kind.

Other siblings, who range in age from 2 to 29, were allegedly "shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/doctor-sha...recovery-achieved-overnight/story?id=52391601

They could be made with U bolts and chain. Pick it all up at the local Lowe's or town hardware store.

Edit: you can buy cuffs with master locks online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member