CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me, where did they live before moving to California, I think according to media, 7 years ago? Was the mother from W. Virginia too?

Texas

Thanks. Is that the source who said the family had left many/most of their belongings behind when the left the house?

It's so difficult to sort out rumors/assumptions from facts in a story like this, and which non-LE/medical sources, if any, are credible.

Verified sources have provided both the best and the worst info I've read since this story was first reported: that the children were allowed just one meal a day and 2 showers a year (!!!!!) (the worst, and by LE), and that the adult survivors, anyway, are aware of what happened to them and that they are close/caring of one another (the best, by med staff, and very hopeful).

Here is the link, fwiw.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5279989/Horror-Texas-homes-Turpin-couple-used-live.htm

Could someone tell me, where did they live before moving to California, I think according to media, 7 years ago? Was the mother from W. Virginia too?

Mother was from same general area of W.V.

Unfortunately, this is how CPS works sometimes. I believe the reported screaming was from when the Turpins lived in Fort Worth. IIRC this was during the early years of their marriage when their older children were young. If the abuse was just beginning, then the children would be more likely to scream than now when they don't believe there is any hope for help. As for CPS, that was the way many cases went in that time period for sure. CPS is, even now, terribly inconsistent. Eight years ago in my husband's family his grandparents babysat for a relative. The baby cried so much when they changed his diaper that they took him to the Dr. Dr said baby had symptoms of sexual assault and the Dr called Law enforcement who said they would send CPS to the house before the baby's parents came for him. CPS never came, LE said they had reported to CPS but could not make them respond and said it happened frequently. And yet several months before, in the same town, my neighbor reported me in to the same CPS office and they were at my door in an hour. I had been letting my little boy sit on the porch and watch his sisters play in the yard. She couldn't see me watching him from just inside the door so she said I was neglecting him.

Edit: I was trying to quote the poster who doubted the story of the person who said they had reported screaming from the Turpin home and were told nothing could be done until they saw something happen.

It look like cable ties IMO.

bc71cca74d2ff9271cd088104e953740.jpg
673bf7de8fb71bcb9cfbbacb57d871d5.jpg

In case they are known by a different name in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Oh man...)

Some Disney character
cache.php
The Turpin family poses with Disney characters in 2012.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/davi...-perris-california-children-shackled-parents/

http://expressdigest.com/disney-obsessed-couple-arrested-for-imprisoning-13-kids/
[FONT=&amp]David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, took their children to Disneyland on at least two occasions between 2010-12. This picture was posted on Facebook in 2011 with 12 of their children and extended relatives [/FONT]

It says that July 2016 was the last Facebook posting and I read somewhere that Louise's mother, who she had refused to see for over a decade, died in June2016.

Could that have been the tipping point that turned a creepy, isolated family into a deadly one?

David Turpin wrote a message in his grandmother's obituary guestbook in 2011, listing the children. It looks like he put them in order by age. (The youngest would not have been born yet then) (and there is no "Elizabeth Jane", as the aunt claimed)

http://www.engleshookfuneralhome.com/guestbook/1146841

"David Turpin of California

May 03, 2011

Grandma meant love to me. I always knew she loved all of her grandchildren. We will miss her, but she has finally reached her reward. My family and I are sorry that we could not be there today. David, Louise, Jennifer, Joshua, Jessica, Jonathan, Joy, Julianne, Jeanetta, Jordan, James, Joanna, Jolinda, Julissa."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ts-Perris-15-Jan-2018&p=13868442#post13868442 The wedding photo is mislabeled if ancestry.com is correct.

Wedding photo from the father going to the right (perhaps lined up by height):
Thing#5 (Joy now age 20)
Thing#3 (Jessica now age 24)
Thing#6 (now age 19)
Thing#7 (now age 18)

inset box:
Thing #1 (Jennifer now age 29)

front row left to right:
Thing#4 (Jonathan now age 22)
Thing#2 (Joshua now age 25 almost 26)

And we know Thing#8 is now age 17.

WHOA! I’ve gotta read about that. What a nightmare- I can’t stand Disney, LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a huge Disney fan. Most So Cal kids who went as children, are, as it evokes a warm, childhood nostalgia feeling.

I had a pass for three years and would just sometimes go for an hour after work. I love it.

But I've noticed a definite weirdness among MANY of the diehard fans. For example, the people who collect the pins are downright bizarre. There are tons of them who meet to swap pins on a regular basis at Disney.

Disney is a fantasy world that can be an obsessive appeal to those for whom life has been a disappointment or struggle.

At work, appreciate the updates you all are posting.

I kept thinking about these kids last night as I enjoyed a nice shrimp dish with Mr. Chiquito. I had told him about the case and we ate almost with guilt, and in silence. I can't even.

"David Turpin of California

May 03, 2011

Grandma meant love to me. I always knew she loved all of her grandchildren. We will miss her, but she has finally reached her reward. My family and I are sorry that we could not be there today. David, Louise, Jennifer, Joshua, Jessica, Jonathan, Joy, Julianne, Jeanetta, Jordan, James, Joanna, Jolinda, Julissa."

There are 4 boy names David, Joshua, Jonathan and James. So whoever said 4 was not imaging it.

BBM

I dunno if that's a good enough reason to not feed your kids.
The Gosselins were a family of 10 and they seemed to eat 3 balanced meals a day.

IMO

The Gosselins were a reality tv family making a lot of money form their program.

Do we know if the creepy father was actually working at the time of the escape?

As to having money to spend on Disney, etc., it had been awhile since their last trip.

I think these people likely did have issues coping with their brood and with life. But it's clear they did view their kids as "things" (IMO) and it's much easier to starve or neglect something like a plant as opposed to something you love.

Stupid question: have they been arraigned and do we have access to video of the arraignment?

The obit mentioned above from 2011, has the names of 12 children (all beginning with J). Was there only one child born after 2011?
Jennifer, Joshua, Jessica, Jonathan, Joy, Julianne, Jeanetta, Jordan, James, Joanna, Jolinda, Julissa.

All that studying the Bible helped - she lived up to her name and "crossed the Jordan" to save them all.

There are 4 boy names David, Joshua, Jonathan and James. So whoever said 4 was not imaging it.

David is the father's name, Louise is the mother's name. There are 3 sons and 10 daughters.

I kept thinking about these kids last night as I enjoyed a nice shrimp dish with Mr. Chiquito. I had told him about the case and we ate almost with guilt, and in silence. I can't even.

:heartbeat:

Does anyone have a link to the upcoming presser? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members