CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh.

“They were just like any ordinary family,” said Betty Turpin, the 81-year-old mother of David Turpin. “And they had such good relationships. I’m not just saying this stuff. These kids — we were amazed. They were ‘sweetie’ this and ‘sweetie’ that to each other.”

Betty Turpin told another outlet her son told her he had so many kids because God wanted him to, and that he shared her Pentecostal Christian faith but was not affiliated with a church in California.
“I feel they were model Christians,” she told the Southern California News Group on Wednesday. “It’s hard to believe all of this. Over the years, the Lord knows what happened.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shower-n838671?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain. I hope the grandparents have zero access to the victims. Actually any of the family members for that matter.

Please. That was my initial instinct. Please God keep these kids away from any of their extended family.

I keep thinking about what is going to happen to the older kids. I talked to some friends who work with disabled adults. They do have programs where they can live in group homes and are assigned workers who help them learn lifeskills like hygiene, shopping, cleaning, cooking and money management.

Unfortunately, while the hell on earth they've endured is over, I think the older ones are going to have a long hard road and may never recover to the point that they can function like typical adults.

They couldnt even snap their fingers as someone pointed out. A skill learned and assessed in kindergarten. I'm sure this is just one small example of a myriad of skills they were not taught.

The brain develops from complex stimulation. Somewhat like Genie and other people who were severely isolated and uneducated in childhood, parts
of their brains have likely been damaged not only by chronic malnutrition but by lack of intellectual stimulation.

One wonders why creeps like this even bother to keep their kids alive. What's the point of slowly killing them like this.

I'm a huge Disney fan. Most So Cal kids who went as children, are, as it evokes a warm, childhood nostalgia feeling.

I had a pass for three years and would just sometimes go for an hour after work. I love it.

But I've noticed a definite weirdness among MANY of the diehard fans. For example, the people who collect the pins are downright bizarre. There are tons of them who meet to swap pins on a regular basis at Disney.

Disney is a fantasy world that can be an obsessive appeal to those for whom life has been a disappointment or struggle.

BBM. I just love this, gitana. My time after I finish work seems so boring now I think I could have gone to Disney instead. :floorlaugh:

PRESSER:

filed 12 counts of torture.
1 count of lewd act on a child - David only
7 counts of Abuse of dependent adult
6 counts of child abuse
12 counts of false imprisonment

Facing up to 94 years to life in prison.

I'm a huge Disney fan. Most So Cal kids who went as children, are, as it evokes a warm, childhood nostalgia feeling.

I had a pass for three years and would just sometimes go for an hour after work. I love it.

But I've noticed a definite weirdness among MANY of the diehard fans. For example, the people who collect the pins are downright bizarre. There are tons of them who meet to swap pins on a regular basis at Disney.

Disney is a fantasy world that can be an obsessive appeal to those for whom life has been a disappointment or struggle.

I'm a big Disney fan and I collect and trade their pins.

IMO, the chain and padlocks probably started as punishment for not obeying. Obeying some order from a parent.
Could be something simple like "Don't go outside, don't pick on your sister, don't talk to neighbor, don't eat the bag of cookies, don't open the refrigerator door, don't wear your brother's clothes, etc.
Then the confinement became a habit and an easy way to enforce parent's will. Better than beating, in parent's mind,
and beatings no longer work anyway. It's sick, and pervasive, just keeps getting worse.
But the bottom line is CONTROL.

Nail on the head, I'd say.

Going out on my personal limb here, but I'd say that even the most hideous and abusive monsters trace back to some fairly normal and understandable inclinations (love, ego, stability, etc) that become perverse over time for various reasons.

From the bits about these parents' backgrounds, it looks like not only are their strong religious beliefs, but that those beliefs tend toward patriarchal and honor thy father and mother (coupled with go forth and multiply) belief systems. I believe that Louise also comes from a very small town in West Virginia where her young marriage (at age 16) to a much older man was not much questioned. Large families with skinny kids and rejection of authority (LE, schools, CPS) are not so out of the way. Top it off with the public presentation of Louise 2 sisters, who seem to have a penchant for providing convenient life-stories when the cameras are on, and things are edging in the direction of a perfect storm.

Beatings and confinement, and sordid other control measures may well have begun as fringy but still within the norm kinds of responses to normal kid things. If a kid sleepwalks, or wanders, parents might put extra locks on doors, out of the kid's reach. A swat on the bottom brings an immediate end to a tantrum, then it becomes a go-to response to many things. And to the extent that the family is isolated, nobody ever notices and says, hey, wait, that's not right. Or the family may even travel in the kinds of circles that endorse physical punishment and restraint (to drive out the devil). And since nobody escapes childhood without a few things worthy of being worked out in counseling, the parents may be attempting to fill holes or fix injuries that no kid can fix for an adult.

Sure does make for one sorry mess.

I
believe if you stop washing your hair, over the course of a few months the oils produced by the scalp settle down and find a natural balance. After that you just need to rinse your hair in clean water to wash dust out.

Apparently.

Hmm, yes, I know some people who claim that. Their hair says otherwise.

Struggling to keep up with this thread so sorry if it's already been said, but I think the obituary could explain the "4th son" - I note one of the girls (probably the 17-year-old hero) is called Jordan. In the UK I've always known that as mainly a boy's name, less often used for girls, so if it's similar in the US, perhaps she was mistaken for a boy if someone just read a list of names?

I noticed that too (though I think "Jordan" has become less masculine in the UK since Katie Price took it as her stage name).

I don't know what to make of this case. It gets stranger and stranger.

DA: Bail set at $13 million for father and mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members