CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My belief at this time is many more “lewd act” charges will follow. I believe based on what has been released so far, that the brave 17 year old who helped bring these two monsters down is probably the only one at this time that has the courage to speak up. The charge is in relation to her. Once the others are strong enough to speak up, I believe we will see many,many many more charges.
:-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either people assume the State won't do anything about it. Lax animal laws or people don't like to get the police involved. I'm shocked how many people will literally stand by and watch there neighbors apt get broken into or get mugged and no one calls the police. They just watch.

JMO
In general I think a lot of people have a real fear of calling authorities for anything. Its a real fear they end up having either from past experiences of their own or a developed fear over time from watching the news or other things.

Sometimes the fear is irrational but sometimes it is a valid fear that people develop over time about authorities and LE in general. A small example I can give of how a fear can get created over time is many years ago my wife was pulled over for alleged speeding and the officer treated her like she was a bank robber or something. According to her the officer became very irrational and mean and started yelling at her to obey his commands even as she was trying to do exactly what he was asking. One part of the incident he asked her for her license and registration and as she responded with "i have to get it from glove box" he thought she was arguing with him and became very verbally aggressive with her. To this day she now has a real fear of any LE officer and she goes to great lengths to avoid them at all cost. This is just a small example of how people can begin to develop a real fear of authorities. Whether it is rational or irrational there is no doubt she now has a real fear of them.

Of course in this case people obviously should have overcame any fear they had of authorities and made a call to have someone do a welfare check of the animals and children. There were signs that things were amiss.
The situation was important enough where people needed to overcome any apprehension they may have and go ahead and make the call to authorities.

It is very sad that these children were not helped sooner than now. Im just glad they have been found now and are now saved from what they were going through.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the kids have tried to tell someone in the past or reach out for help and were ignored and not believed. I see this all the time..abused kids reaching for help and adults saying they're lying or not following family rules. Makes me furious..and I've learned to believe the kids when they disclose abuse to me, but getting others to follow through can be a battle.

Im still very surprised the seventeen year old knew how to call the cops and report abuse and to even take photos if she only had a first grade level understanding of the world.
Snipped for focus. I was in a much less dire situation, but I told my 4th grade teacher that my mother hated me - the best way I could think of to describe the way she treated me. She told my mother. And I got beat.

In 5th grade, I went to school in tears after being beat with a hair brush and spent the day in the clinic. I never told my parents, but one of my teachers mentioned it to my mom at the next parent teacher conference. That time my mother came home and slapped me so hard that I slid off the piano bench onto the floor.

Things have changed a lot since then, but apparently not enough. Not nearly enough.

And the 17 year old gets more and more impressive, doesn’t she?

And I can see LT, in the rush of new baby, being domestic for a short time until she "burned out" on it. so the house may have been clean for the first year or so.

Which brings me to another point that has been mulling in my mind. I believe these survivors dealt with a lot of yoyo parenting. Hot and cold. One minute, all lovey and perfect, the next minute monsters. I suspect they never knew what they were going to get. "Hey, let's go to Disneyland! Everyone take showers! Here's your clean new outfit! Oh boy, aren't we one biig happy family?" And the next minute they are getting chained to their beds for daring to look sideways at someone during their outing, or eating one almond more than allowed or washing their wrist. That flip flopping would be, in some ways, worse than constant monster. Little bit of hope that it will get better....hope smashed.....little hope...hope smashed. Whoever works with them will need to know a lot about learned helplessness/hopelessness, and external/internal locus of control. It will be a very very long recovery, and most difficult for the older survivors, IMO.

It's like some cases with puppies and kittens...sometimes people are all happy to have these cute new puppies or kittens initially, but then they just neglect them when they get older, like the cuteness, newness, excitement has worn off...

My belief at this time is many more “lewd act” charges will follow. I believe based on what has been released so far, that the brave 17 year old who helped bring these two monsters down is probably the only one at this time that has the courage to speak up. The charge is in relation to her. Once the others are strong enough to speak up, I believe we will see many,many many more charges.
:-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. I doubt a lewd act would be a one time thing, moo. Our experience here with other cases tells us this.

Gosh, can you imagine what leaving the kitten in the dumpster did to these kids?! And abusing their dogs? The probably adooooored those animals. :( I'm telling you, its so Ariel Castro with the animals...moo.

Trying to keep up here....so noting they had goats too:

"I only went into their house on a couple of occasions - you had to enter through the back door. I remember there were animal cages and newspapers strewn about on the floor, piles with feces on it. They had dogs, cats and goats."

*we also know from previous reports they had pigs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-kids-says-family-left-kitten-dumpster.html

Eta Did they sell these animals? Or slaughter and eat them themselves? My mind is going to darker places...maybe the blood stains? Idk..

Eta: Furthermore it's not a stretch to wonder if these children were ever given pig slop, cat food and kibble, imo.

106 guests who are reading...please join us! We will appreciate your thoughts. :)

"Now a forensic team from the local sheriff's office have revealed that the parents, if no-one else, kept themselves entertained with their vast, and perfectly alphabetized, DVD collection."

Snip

"Police, who went to the home after interviewing the escaped 17-year-old girl, found three of her brothers and sisters shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks while the others sat nearby in dark, foul-smelling surroundings."

I wonder how the master bed and bath looked...[emoji22]

ETA: not sad about how it looked, just wonder if the monsters kept their room pristine while allowing their children to live in filth. Sigh.

Gosh, can you imagine what leaving the kitten in the dumpster did to these kids?! And abusing their dogs? The probably adooooored those animals. :( I'm telling you, its so Ariel Castro with the animals...moo.

Abusers often use pets to control their victims (tw: animal abuse, domestic abuse) https://www.vice.com/en_nz/article/vdq3bj/pets-domestic-violence-trapped-shelters

Even if the dogs that were rescued were well-fed and healthy, I wouldn't put it past the monster parents to have used pets to control their kids - getting kids to comply out of fear their pets would be abused or dumped.

We really, really need a better system in place to protect both kids and animals before abuse gets out of hand. The problem is people thinking that kids and pets are property instead of individual beings with rights of their own.

Is it at all possible that we move away from speculating at nauseam about any of these victims having been pregnant ! It has been stated time and again that these victims are all siblings and their parents are David and Louise.

Snipped for focus. I was in a much less dire situation, but I told my 4th grade teacher that my mother hated me - the best way I could think of to describe the way she treated me. She told my mother. And I got beat.

In 5th grade, I went to school in tears after being beat with a hair brush and spent the day in the clinic. I never told my parents, but one of my teachers mentioned it to my mom at the next parent teacher conference. That time my mother came home and slapped me so hard that I slid off the piano bench onto the floor.

Things have changed a lot since then, but apparently not enough. Not nearly enough.

so sad for you that you didn't get help back then. Hugs.

I wonder how the master bed and bath looked...[emoji22]

ETA: not sad about how it looked, just wonder if the monsters kept their room pristine while allowing their children to live in filth. Sigh.

I was going to ask the same thing!!

(And then I thought to myself I really could do without a visual)

Oh how I wish I would win a gigantic lottery prize.
I would build these little darlings a HUGE house, custom-built to any and all of their needs.
Get them all the help they need medically, specialized mental health professionals, a dietary staff to meet each of their individual needs, etc. etc.
A playground, sandbox, bicycles, balls and bubbles to blow.

Like many of you, I've thought of little else these past few days except these children.
The more I think, the more heartbreaking it is. These kids have no idea of what the world is. They've likely never made a sandcastle. Or played with sidewalk chalk. Or had an Easter egg hunt and Easter baskets.
Went fishing, rode a bike, played any kind of outdoor kid games like hopscotch, jump rope or baseball. I'll bet they've never ate popsicles and run laughing through the sprinkler on a hot day.

I wish some big celebrities would unite for this cause and donate a TON of money to make this happen for them.
It would be so do-able, to set them up for life.
in my dream world, Oprah would adopt them.

WOW! Just WOW! Yes. Things were different. The punishment for telling was brutal and no one understood or thought of what would happen at home. I am so very sorry. So very, very sorry.

Indeed. I doubt a lewd act would be a one time thing, moo. Our experience here with other cases tells us this.

That's basically what the FBI profiler said in the video posted earlier. And on last nights news another LE person
that said something about digging in a pit and they can't find the bottom. There will probably be much more horrific
news but it may not come out until trial.
CBS news said "All 13 children have diminished mental capacity." So even the 2-3 yr. old is impaired.

My post disappeared but to sum it up these two enjoyed torturing their children. They knew it was wrong, they worked to conceal everything. And wondering how old a new child would be before he or she was treated the same way. It's almost like they purposely kept having children and enjoyed watching them suffer.

O/T: today is my birthday and I just opened this present. Wanted to share it to give us a short break from the sadness of this case.
19072b2329604edb31b47096162861cf.jpg

in my dream world, Oprah would adopt them.

Oh boy! Have you ever opened up a volatile subject! :eek: Did you read the “Oprah for President thread”? Please folks, let’s not derail the thread debating this. :banghead: :D

We all want what’s best for these survivors and I’m sure we all have opinions about the type of person who should adopt them. But I would love to see celebrities throw money their way, whether it’s Oprah, Tom Hanks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member