CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Father's place of employment had a big outing to an amusement park each year. They took the grandkids with them. It is a thing with big employers, or, at least it used to be.
I’m way behind again. Sorry if this has already been discussed thoroughly.

That makes a lot of sense. A yearly trip that someone else paid for. It would take some of the wind out the sails of their defense if true.

Engineers are indeed a different breed of cat. Their brains work in ways mine doesn't even dream of doing. Physicists too. I think all they see are equations in everything.

There's also some studies that have shown defective eyes in babies/children caused by the mother drinking alcohol or
doing certain drugs while pregnant. Inability to focus and crossed eyes were two symptoms mentioned due to alcohol

intake by mother. The studies caught my attention because I have a friend who had 3 children w/ these eye problems
at birth. Unless she was a closet drinker, I didn't know her to be a drinker.

Interesting you mention that.
Alcohol baby syndrome was the first thing I thought when I saw the faces of some of the siblings.
Most pronounced in the middle boy, but two of the younger girls and one of the older have those eyes too, I think.

Did the DT and/or LT drink alcohol? Also during some of LTs pregnancies.

Engineers are indeed a different breed of cat. Their brains work in ways mine doesn't even dream of doing. Physicists too. I think all they see are equations in everything.

YES!! I recall reading some articles/studies back in college psychology classes that showed different types of brains,
and the people's professions regarding how they thought, their ability to process emotions, their comfort levels dealing with people versus 'things',
Engineers and mechanical people are "things" people; they are most comfortable with predictable outcomes and dealing with "things" rather than people. They are often limited in the emotional areas, seem shutdown and unable
to express the normal range of emotions. My point being, their brain scans showed this also based on the sizes and activities of the emotion generating areas.

Interesting you mention that.
Alcohol baby syndrome was the first thing I thought when I saw the faces of some of the siblings.
Most pronounced in the middle boy, but two of the younger girls and one of the older have those eyes too, I think.

Did the DT and/or LT drink alcohol? Also during some of LTs pregnancies.

I don't think we know. I agree with you on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome 'appearances' of several of the children.

I don' know the requirements for a general education associates degree at that community college, but I looked up local community college and communications (speech or public speaking) is a requirement. Also IIRC he toook astronomy which would fulfill a course needed in science.
I know that whenever my sons had to talk to administration or the finance department they would not talk to me. They would only talk to the student. I bet LT through a fit if they wouldn't let her speak.
I wonder if after he asked to be able to be friends with a girl if they pulled him out and he continued his education online at another community college.

Very true. I do want to say, that not all are like DT. I know, and love, some who are family, but they are a bit different souls.

YES!! I recall reading some articles/studies back in college psychology classes that showed different types of brains,
and the people's professions regarding how they thought, their ability to process emotions, their comfort levels dealing with people versus 'things',
Engineers and mechanical people are "things" people; they are most comfortable with predictable outcomes and dealing with "things" rather than people. They are often limited in the emotional areas, seem shutdown and unable
to express the normal range of emotions. My point being, their brain scans showed this also based on the sizes and activities of the emotion generating areas.

Studies also show that there are many engineers on the autism spectrum.

Studys also show that there are many engineers on the autism spectrum.

That would fit, wouldn't it? I would think many 'science types' would also be in this same category.

O/T It's the same around here. People will feed you! Even if you don't want to be fed. My mother worries about folks getting enough food and proper shelter. We were having a family picnic at the park for one of our crew's summertime birthday. We had fried chicken and all the fixins. This dude walks by, on his way to fish, and was just being cordial, and remarked at what a spread we had, and that was some good lookin' chicken. He was forced to take two wrapped up pieces... Just in case he got hungry while he fished.

OT
That is so sweet. :)

I love families like that which are willing to share and make sure everyone is happy and taken care of.

This reminded me of something which made me a little sad to think about. I come from a family that "hugs". Whenever we see relatives and friends we havent seen in awhile we just naturally hug each other.

I used to think all families were like that until the day my wife was introduced to my grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. My Uncle hugged her in greeting and she later told me she at first pulled away and was scared because she wasnt use to that and didnt know why he was reaching for her.

After she told me this I realized her family was the exact opposite where they never hugged or even kissed each other in greetings. Even when she would visit them after a lengthy time away she never would hug or kiss her mom or dad even. It was the way they were brought up and I found it rather sad. They were still very nice people and very kind in other ways. But the absense of any closeness was very noticeable and I felt it was something they missed out on.

I suppose families are different in way like this and its probably how her parents may have been raised too.

Given the choice I prefer to have a close family that is comfortable with hugging relatives and close friends as part of greetings.

Getting back to this case, I suspect the kids did not get much closeness from their parents.

Studys also show that there are many engineers on the autism spectrum.

My son is an engineer. His friends are engineers. They are very precise in some things. But I do not know any of my son’s friends that are on any autism spectrum.

My son in law is a consultant and he said that he learned while getting his Master’s in Business that engineers do not care about money. They are more concerned with their work. Ideas, theories.

OT

I love families like that which are willing to share and make sure everyone is happy and taken care of.

This reminded me of something which made me a little sad to think about. I come from a family that "hugs". Whenever we see relatives and friends we havent seen in awhile we just naturally hug each other.

I used to think all families were like that until the day my wife was introduced to my grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. My Uncle hugged her in greeting and she later told me she at first pulled away and was scared because she wasnt use to that and didnt know why he was reaching for her.

After she told me this I realized her family was the exact opposite where they never hugged or even kissed each other in greetings. Even when she would visit them after a lengthy time away she never would hug or kiss her mom or dad even. It was the way they were brought up and I found it rather sad. They were still very nice people and very kind in other ways. But the absense of any closeness was very noticeable and I felt it was something they missed out on.

I suppose families are different in way like this and its probably how her parents may have been raised too.

Given the choice I prefer to have a close family that is comfortable with hugging relatives and close friends as part of greetings.

Getting back to this case, I suspect the kids did not get much closeness from their parents.

Minnesotans do not hug much. We have our comfort zone which is a few feet from the person. Scandinavian. Of course, everything is individual, but I have never seen family hugging when growing up . We hug our little children and then it stops at some age.

In the last few years there has been a focus on not having children forced to hug aunties and uncles when meeting. That is to teach that the body belongs to the child and s/he is under no obligation to share it.

Where I live in a Third World country, kissing everyone when arriving in a room is automatic. And kissing goodbye. Everyone is greeted that way. Even our servers in restaurants greet us that way because they know us,

OT

Both sides of my family, are, for the most part, huggers. My Dad and I are a bit more reserved but we will hug family and very close friends though, and have mellowed with age. :) I don't think the Ts had much huggieness going on either. When we all took pics together, we'd usually throw an arm around one another or something! DT usually has his hand on LTs shoulder or waist but that is about all the touching you see. I don't think they even hugged during the vow renewals. She seemed to even pull away from him in one, iirc. Could've been ticked at him though.

Studies also show that there are many engineers on the autism spectrum.

Yes, engineers are twice as likely to have autism, finance pro's are 4 X as likely and males in a medical field are 6 X
as likely to have autism. Sometimes a parent may not have been diagnosed, but the children show up with autism.
Lots of interesting studies going on in this field.

Both sides of my family, are, for the most part, huggers. My Dad and I are a bit more reserved but we will hug family and very close friends though, and have mellowed with age. :) I don't think the Ts had much huggieness going on either. When we all took pics together, we'd usually throw an arm around one another or something! DT usually has his hand on LTs shoulder or waist but that is about all the touching you see. I don't think they even hugged during the vow renewals. She seemed to even pull away from him in one, iirc. Could've been ticked at him though.

Agree, this is why I worry that these children may never learn to love or be loved. Lack of early touching and lack
throughout their lives leaves a hole in their future ability to love or be loved.
I read a book years ago called "Touching" and it was about all the studies done on the emotional brain triggers which
are activated simply by touch from another human. The physiological changes in the brain are amazing from being
touched as a baby throughout the child's life. And there are age related windows of opportunity that cannot be regained at a later developmental stage.

Here in south Louisiana, Cajun country, we hug and/or kiss when greeting people we know. It’s a cultural trait...we talk to strangers in checkout lines...big conversations.
Minnesotans do not hug much. We have our comfort zone which is a few feet from the person. Scandinavian. Of course, everything is individual, but I have never seen family hugging when growing up . We hug our little children and then it stops at some age.

In the last few years there has been a focus on not having children forced to hug aunties and uncles when meeting. That is to teach that the body belongs to the child and s/he is under no obligation to share it.

Where I live in a Third World country, kissing everyone when arriving in a room is automatic. And kissing goodbye. Everyone is greeted that way. Even our servers in restaurants greet us that way because they know us,

Opinion piece doesn't have any new case info that I could see. Still thought I'd share.

Why child abuse like the Turpin family horrors is so hard to prevent or halt

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-riley-turpin-child-welfare-law-20180206-story.html

By NAOMI SCHAEFER RILEY
FEB 06, 2018 | 4:05 AM

Neighbors look at the home where police arrested a couple accused of holding 13 children captive in Perris, Calif. on Jan. 18, 2018. (Damian Dovarganes / Associated Press)

Hard cases make bad law. That may be the disturbing but difficult-to- avoid lesson from the stomach-turning abuse suffered by the 13 children of David and Louise Turpin for at least a decade.

The Turpins, who are set to return to court Feb. 23, are an extreme example. It's not only the number of children they allegedly mistreated or even the length of time for which the abuse went on. It's also the fact that — so far as authorities can figure and despite what seems like a thorough search by the media — no one appears to have reported the Turpins to the police or child services. This fact alone makes the Turpin family unlike almost every other case of extreme neglect or abuse that has been uncovered in the last few decades....

The article talks about liberty. As if the children don’t exist except as a possession if the parents to do as they wish.

We regulate cats and dogs more than children.

That doesn't make me want to read the article. "Liberty" is an interesting word considering we're talking about 'children' being held prisoner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1