CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the city is getting sued for arresting the kid with the clock? I'm on the kid's side - he shouldn't have been put into cuffs and arrested - but suing for millions is ridiculous. Wth.

....and for some of us, the suing for millions was the obvious intent right from the beginning. Yep, it was that obvious.

Sad I know. But I think this is only going to be the way things go. We've been complacent far too long.... accepting. For far too long. When things like SB happen. It's not like it's ISIS taking down a huge Corporate business.. (not right either by any means) but when it's people like you and I. Our friends our families.. It HURTS soo much more. And it scares us sooo much more. As not only are we scared for ourselves. But for our families. Our extended families. As many of us live hours/days travelling apart.
It's abhorrent to kill and maim people that bear no ill to those who killed them.
And if it's in retaliation for strikes in Syria. Well those strikes are aimed at the illicit sources that fund their regime. Or the enemies themselves. I don't condone war. I hate lives taken in vain. And I hope that Obama has some strong words to appease the public tonight. Becuz we've had enough of this rancid ISIS.
Sorry to rant. ..Jmo.

Sadly it was with great cynicism when I watched the authorities to tell us to be vigilant, to report things that are suspicious. Yeah Right! I thought.

Maybe things have changed, and I'll give it another go. Not holding out for much hope though.
I share you doubts BarryW. I have been feeling very bleak about the whole situation lately. Maybe because there isn't a simple solution, and the United States has to follow too much protocol. I feel that terrorists absolutely count on our being PC and sensitive and they will exploit this, our greatest weakness.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sad I know. But I think this is only going to be the way things go. We've been complacent far too long.... accepting. For far too long. When things like SB happen. It's not like it's ISIS taking down a huge Corporate business.. (not right either by any means) but when it's people like you and I. Our friends our families.. It HURTS soo much more. And it scares us sooo much more. As not only are we scared for ourselves. But for our families. Our extended families. As many of us live hours/days travelling apart.
It's abhorrent to kill and maim people that bear no ill to those who killed them.
And if it's in retaliation for strikes in Syria. Well those strikes are aimed at the illicit sources that fund their regime. Or the enemies themselves. I don't condone war. I hate lives taken in vain. And I hope that Obama has some strong words to appease the public tonight. Becuz we've had enough of this rancid ISIS.
Sorry to rant. ..Jmo.

It's like CARIIS said - what we call terrorism they call war, what we call war they call terrorism.

And so we're caught in a sad and scary vicious cycle. I wish someone could figure out how to stop it. :(

Not so silly, and I expect that after each incident worldwide of Isis terrorism people are, in bigger and bigger numbers, are doing exactly what you did.

I now live rurally and do not find myself in large crowds often, but I think being amongst a crowd would cause me to be cautious.

And sadly this is what Isis wants, for us to get nervous, for us to change the way we live our daily lives.

See Something Say Something is so catchy

Have It Your Way .. Burger King
Good To The Last Drop FOlgers

Double your pleasure double your fun some gum

I have been trying to come up with something that , other than a backpack sitting in the road that would "suspcious" what examples would you guys call in?
Hi! This afternoon there was a woman standing by the entrance to the southern state parkway. She was dressed super strange. She had on a purple beanie, a bright red long huge cape coat. And long multi colored ankle length dress, purple socks (I kid you not) and she was doing squats. Quite alarming. I even thought, what could she be hiding under there? As we approached in our car it became clear to me that she was mentally ill. I wondered, is that suspicious? Because I would only have called on her had I thought she was going to run into traffic and hurt herself.

Had she been dressed in a hajib or burka or black, and been middle eastern instead of African American would I have become alarmed enough to think to call, or would I still have thought she was mentally ill? I dunno. I'd like to think I wasn't profiling, but I think I was. I think I assessed her to be non threatening because of her race. I don't know how this makes me feel.

I share you doubts BarryW. I have been feeling very bleak about the whole situation lately. Maybe because there isn't a simple solution, and the United States has to follow too much protocol. I feel that terrorists absolutely count on our being PC and sensitive and they will exploit this, our greatest weakness.

Thank you for responding. I'm sitting here thinking "I should get in the car and tell my story", yet I fear being dismissed, and then becoming despondent. I can't do this alone. But I know I have to give it a go, I really don't feel I have a choice. I have to look myself in the mirror each day.

I agree. If the dad knew that son sympathized with Isis - which he is now saying he did, mom had to know also. However, earlier it was reported that Farook apparently been estranged from dad for awhile, so is dad just saying this or is it true? If so, why did he not report him? I know there are many reasons ... But he should have reported him.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/06/san-bernardino-gunman-obsessed-with-israel-isis-dad-says/
To expand upon your post, which I agree with BTW, I figured dad either really does know son was extreme, or he's still bitter about family situation and is using this as a dig at ex wife. OR, do we know why husband and wife divorced? Maybe they were become too Fanatical for the father?

It's like CARIIS said - what we call terrorism they call war, what we call war they call terrorism.

And so we're caught in a sad and scary vicious cycle. I wish someone could figure out how to stop it. :(

You and me and thousands upon thousands would agree with you.
Usually sitting around a table and talking over what they want what we want how we can achieve that..... but I don't think for one minute that's at all possible even with intermediaries.
Even if it was to agree to disagree would be better than all this bloodshed 😔

is what it seems to me. And it goes back to GWB. Divorcing Islam from the extremists with the premise that these people aren't "Muslims". It's essentially the "No True Scotsmen".

To be honest, I didn't even realize that until recently when I began to really think about and research this issue. I just accepted that the appropriate American response was to not blame a group for the actions of an individual, especially a religion. I was being naive and failing to really grasp what is happening and the importance of correctly characterizing and addressing it.

As I was reading here I was listening to a replay of this mornings Meet the Press with AG Lynch. I don't have a verbatim but she essentially equated the acts here to workplace violence again, saying identifying terrorists is the same thing, looking for people whose behavior has changed, as though it had no relationship to Islam.

And then the idea that the problem is guns. I don't have strong feelings about gun issues. I don't own or use guns and I'm not sure what kind of meaningful gun control can be accomplished in compliance with the second amendment. I don't know enough about guns to even argue about this effectively because a lot hinges on definitions of weapons and weapons are things that can be subsequently altered. Anyway, I don't see it related to terrorism for a few reasons including they are just as happy using bombs which can be even more deadly and terrorists will always find guns as there's no way to outlaw them in the US and they can be altered just like bombs can be built. Seems like a red herring to attach to terrorism.

Anyway, a lot of deflection by the AG as it is completely unacceptable to ever discuss Islam, radical Islam, anything at all about Islam or Muslims other than it and they need to be protected. There are PC rules in place and no matter what happens, they stay in place. That is now creating a worse problem in that most people aren't stupid and they intuitively understand the common link of Islam in the bulk of existing terror related deaths around the world and the establishment of the Islamic State. And the refusal of the government that is supposed to protect them to acknowledge this just ups the fear ante and creates space for xenophobic voices to rise.

The other deflection is to say no evidence tied to a larger cell. That is not saying much if anything. It simply means their actions may have been planned and fulfilled without assistance. But they don't even know that yet. And it doesn't at all mean there aren't other similar individuals or couples or families out there planning similar attacks on their own. It really doesn't matter if they were or weren't personally part of a cell. Neither means anything in regard to whether there are more out there. It creates a false assurance.

It will be really interesting to see what Obama says tonight. I will be carefully listening to the words while understanding there is almost zero likelihood of any change in tone or rhetoric.
I really like this post. Thank you.

Thank you for responding. I'm sitting here thinking "I should get in the car and tell my story", yet I fear being dismissed, and then becoming despondent. I can't do this alone. But I know I have to give it a go, I really don't feel I have a choice. I have to look myself in the mirror each day.

What happened?

It is really ironic that the potus keeps trying to get rid of guns when you consider the reason the second amendment is even in the document. We have the right to bear arms in order to protect ourselves against a government run amok.

It sounds to me as though your gut and your heart are already telling you what to do. I wish more people felt the sense of duty and conscience that you do! I will send you positivity, well wishes and peace. You sound like a good person!

To expand upon your post, which I agree with BTW, I figured dad either really does know son was extreme, or he's still bitter about family situation and is using this as a dig at ex wife. OR, do we know why husband and wife divorced? Maybe they were become too Fanatical for the father?

Exactly. And remember, immediately after the mass shooting happened it was reported that dad came out and said he had been estranged from son due to the divorce. He also said that his son was a devout religious man. So either he is changing his story or the media is changing the story. My first thought after reading the revised version is that he is taking a dig at the mom. It's been reported that mom and dad had a very volatile relationship and that he even threw a tv at her.

Hi! This afternoon there was a woman standing by the entrance to the southern state parkway. She was dressed super strange. She had on a purple beanie, a bright red long huge cape coat. And long multi colored ankle length dress, purple socks (I kid you not) and she was doing squats. Quite alarming. I even thought, what could she be hiding under there? As we approached in our car it became clear to me that she was mentally ill. I wondered, is that suspicious? Because I would only have called on her had I thought she was going to run into traffic and hurt herself.

Had she been dressed in a hajib or burka or black, and been middle eastern instead of African American would I have become alarmed enough to think to call, or would I still have thought she was mentally ill? I dunno. I'd like to think I wasn't profiling, but I think I was. I think I assessed her to be non threatening because of her race. I don't know how this makes me feel.

IMO you weren't profiling. If she had been Middle Eastern and you called knowing you wouldn't have made the call otherwise that would be profiling. At the same time, though, I don't think calling someone or asking her if she was okay would have been a bad thing no matter what she looked like.

Same here. Yesterday we went to the SEC championship game at the Georgia dome. 80,000 people there. As we were standing in the massive line to get in - all I could think about was shooters, terrorism and pipe bombs! They checked everyone's bags but security just didn't seem thorough enough.
OT....but Roll Tide!

It's crazy, but that's why I haven't been to any games since LSU. The Paris attack happened and I thought the Iron Bowl or the SEC championship would be a huge target, even with the changes the SEC made to bags you can bring in.

Of course it will lay prominently with guns. But you guys in USA have is it the Second Amendment? Forgive me I'm not too much up on the legalities of Amendments. But the 'Right to bear Arms'?
If I remember rightly there has been a whole lot of Congress and Senators n whatnot people trying to get those rights quashed?
Obama will be playing on that...
Idk where you live USA UK CHINA NORTH POLE... If you want a gun.... have money.... you can get a gun.
I fail to see how Obama is gonna put anything in place with so many weapons about as it is legally.
You will never solve the problem...just drive it underground...
Meanwhile back at the ranch.... We have 14 souls who's families want answers...... so stick the guns up yr b*** and do what the country wants to be done!

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason we don't have more terrorist/mass shootings is because of the 2nd Amendment. They know we will fight back. I should look for the link but I remember, distinctly, reading the reason Japan only attacked Pearl Harbor is because they knew attacking the mainland would not go well for them. Too many armed Americans that would draw a bead on them.

OT....but Roll Tide!

It's crazy, but that's why I haven't been to any games since LSU. The Paris attack happened and I thought the Iron Bowl or the SEC championship would be a huge target, even with the changes the SEC made to bags you can bring in.
Look what happened at the NFL game in Charlotte recently. We had people rappelling from he upper deck to protest BOA! I cannot get a hidden flask in, but these people got gear to hang from the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling