CA - Aiden Leos, 6, fatally shot in road rage confrontation, Orange, 21 May 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

She should be charged with more than accessory to murder. She chose to drive her car up behind the car which allowed her boyfriend to shoot into the car. She also kept her mouth shut for weeks. She deserves to do time as well and with what she is charged with I doubt she will do much.

My boyfriend and kids were traveling Southbound on the same freeway at about that time and saw the emergency vehicles. It's heart breaking.

She should be charged with more than accessory to murder. She chose to drive her car up behind the car which allowed her boyfriend to shoot into the car. She also kept her mouth shut for weeks. She deserves to do time as well and with what she is charged with I doubt she will do much.

My boyfriend and kids were traveling Southbound on the same freeway at about that time and saw the emergency vehicles. It's heart breaking.
I agree. They would need to prove she was complicit. So I wonder if they have video of her moving behind the victim. And if they have that, what else do they need?

I've read all the stories, and while some of them say she did that, it has not been established. The reason I write that is because of what's missing -- who is the witness to what (if any) manuever the VW did? The best witness would be the victim's mom but AFAIK her statement was only what she told the Good Samaritan motorist who had also pulled to the shoulder. The newspaper wording is from the Good Samaritan's memory (and very doubtful to have been an eyewitness).

The authorities have a better statement from mom but we don't know it yet. I predict they'll get a statement from the female suspect. The male wouldn't likely say anything about her. There are many other good witnesses, but it can be tricky to investigate.

Bottom line: she's charged with accessory after the fact, and a misdemeanor re gun.

My hunch is they were surveiled for a week, and they prolly intuitively assumed they were being surveiled. Not a lot they'd be able to do. Absence of [anything: car, daily routine, social media deletion, etc] is suspicious.

FWIW the car was prolly a several-years-old gift from parents.

Last edited:

Grandma was never there, had gone on vacation.

It also alludes to the break in the case. The VW photo may never have happened if it weren't for how they enforce unpaid freeway tolls with camera assistance. It was only after the authorities publicized that photo, that the dashcam etc tips came in. BTW the toll system isn't there on the 55 nor the beginning of the 91.

Not that it matters, but might they have been sitting in the car together returning home 8 hours later when they turned on the news and heard?

Last edited:
Evd/Witness for Charges against Driver?
...what's missing -- who is the witness to what (if any) manuever the VW did? The best witness would be the victim's mom but AFAIK her statement was only what she told the Good Samaritan motorist who had also pulled to the shoulder. The newspaper wording is from the Good Samaritan's memory (and very doubtful to have been an eyewitness)...
@zleuther sbm bbm Yes, exactly, as you say, Mother's testimony could be good, & hopefully LE has her stmt about VW's maneuvers.

Is it possible the VW had a dash cam? If so, is it poss driver erased data from cam memory card & overlooked data auto-uploaded to Cloud? Maybe LE has it? Sorry if already discussed. Didn't LE immed'ly request ppl along route at that time to review their dash cams, submit to LE?

Soooo many vehicles have dash cams & even rear-facing cams; sooo many vids are posted online. I may be a hold-out, only driver west of the Mississippi without one.:D

There is a FastTrack lane starting on the 55N going to the 91E where the FastTrack transponders are read. However there is a difference between FastTrack and toll lanes. The 91 doesn't have a toll lane which allows you to pay within 24 hours. FastTrack which is what the 91 has requires you to have a transponder. I haven't had FastTrack in a few years, but at that time you had to prepay and keep a minimum amount in your account. That is the only way to legally use FastTrack and using it without a transponder is a pretty big ticket and with the FastTrack cameras and CalTrans cameras along that stretch they do catch people all the time.

IMO based on being a local all my life

It also alludes to the break in the case. The VW photo may never have happened if it weren't for how they collect freeway tolls with camera assistance (for example you're allowed to use the toll lanes w/o pre-paying or subscribing to a transponder -- just use the lanes then pay from your phone or laptop within 24 hrs). It was only after the authorities publicized that photo, that the dashcam etc tips came in. BTW the toll system isn't there on the 55 nor the beginning of the 91.

Not that it matters, but might they have been sitting in the car together returning home 8 hours later when they turned on the news and heard?

Video is unavailable here in Canada. :(

Aiding and abetting requires that the girlfriend knew the boyfriend was going to fire a gun. She can easily claim that she thought he was going to flip off Aiden's mom or maybe yell at her, but suddenly he started blasting! Since only she and the boyfriend know exactly what went on in their car before the shooting, it's basically impossible to disprove this scenario. Who knows, it may even be what really happened. Everything she did afterwards makes her an accessory after fact, so that is an easy conviction, but aiding and abetting would be very difficult to prove absent any new evidence, so that explains why these charges were filed.

Last edited:

It also alludes to the break in the case. The VW photo may never have happened if it weren't for how they enforce unpaid freeway tolls with camera assistance. It was only after the authorities publicized that photo, that the dashcam etc tips came in. BTW the toll system isn't there on the 55 nor the beginning of the 91.

BBM omg i was hoping they had those HOV cameras!!! i posted upthread, thank god!!!!

Aiding and abetting requires that the girlfriend knew the boyfriend was going to fire a gun. She can easily claim that she thought he was going to flip off Aiden's mom or maybe yell at her, but suddenly he started blasting! Since only she and the boyfriend know exactly what went on in their car before the shooting, it's basically impossible to disprove this scenario. Who knows, it may even be what really happened. Everything she did afterwards makes her an accessory after fact, so that is an easy conviction, but aiding and abetting would be very difficult to prove absent any new evidence, so that explains why these charges were filed.

I think the "aiding and abetting" may also go to the fact that she allowed a person in her car, where she was the driver, to handle a loaded gun, to have a gun in the car without proper storage (it can't be in someone's hands. and it can't be loaded). Gun and ammunition must be in separate locked boxes.

The instant the driver knew that her passenger had a gun out, that was already a crime. Instead of pulling over and calling police, she continued to drive.

The driver of the murderer's car appeared to maneuver the car so that he could shoot at the rear of the car. You can't gesture effectively from behind. The murderer had already passed the mom/son car in the HOV lane, IIRC.

That may be on video and it was witnessed at the time. So the driver "aided and abetted" but positioning the shooter behind his target, as well. It would have been hard for the shooter to shoot backwards, plus, that would destroy her car's back window. He wanted to roll down his passenger window and shoot toward his target - which is what he did.

WL helped him find a way to do that, after driving erratically during a road rage incident.

Last edited:
Evd/Witness for Charges against Driver?
@zleuther sbm bbm Yes, exactly, as you say, Mother's testimony could be good, & hopefully LE has her stmt about VW's maneuvers.

Is it possible the VW had a dash cam? If so, is it poss driver erased data from cam memory card & overlooked data auto-uploaded to Cloud? Maybe LE has it? Sorry if already discussed. Didn't LE immed'ly request ppl along route at that time to review their dash cams, submit to LE?

Soooo many vehicles have dash cams & even rear-facing cams; sooo many vids are posted online. I may be a hold-out, only driver west of the Mississippi without one.:D

I think someone captured some of what happened on dash cam. I think the pictures will support the mother's story (that the VW was driving erratically and aggressively).

I think the "aiding and abetting" may also go to the fact that she allowed a person in her car, where she was the driver, to handle a loaded gun, to have a gun in the car without proper storage (it can't be in someone's hands. and it can't be loaded). Gun and ammunition must be in separate locked boxes.

The instant the driver knew that her passenger had a gun out, that was already a crime. Instead of pulling over and calling police, she continued to drive.

Not only did she continue to drive, but apparently (according to reports on local news KTLA), the suspect's car pulled to the side and then in front of (cutting off) the car where Aidan was riding. Then, the driver of the murderer's car apparently changed lanes again, slowed down and got behind the victim's car.

That may be on video and it certainly was witnessed at the time. So the driver "aided and abetted" but positioning the shooter behind his target, as well. It would have been hard for the shooter to shoot backwards, plus, that would destroy her car's back window. He wanted to roll down his passenger window and shoot toward his target - which is what he did.

WL helped him find a way to do that, after driving erratically during a road rage incident.

There are many things she could have done to prevent this.

And as 10ofRods clearly pointed out, she actively abetted him in committing the murder.

This is not a simple "after the fact" level charge, IMHO.

Not that "after the fact" is a good thing, either. That part, they have her dead to rights, if you ask me.

But she did allow a loaded gun in her car, in a state where a gun may not be any place but inside a lockbox. I wonder if they had friends or family members that knew of his gun habits - he was boastful enough about himself on insta. They probably know how he carried and that ML knew, as well.

The driver of the murderer's car appeared to maneuver the car so that he could shoot at the rear of the car. You can't gesture effectively from behind. The murderer had already passed the mom/son car in the HOV lane, IIRC.

That may be on video and it was witnessed at the time. So the driver "aided and abetted" but positioning the shooter behind his target, as well. It would have been hard for the shooter to shoot backwards, plus, that would destroy her car's back window. He wanted to roll down his passenger window and shoot toward his target - which is what he did.

I can't like this enough!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandi72