GUILTY CA - Anna Ayala falsely claimed finding finger in Wendy's chili, San Jose, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Casshew said:
Wow Mabel, thanks for posting that - what a couple of :loser: 's those 2 are, scammers, liars, cheats...

is it just me or do other people find it easier and more rewarding to make a living working and not just trying to run scams for bbig payoffs???

You're welcome. I'm kinda surprised. I assumed, based on the description of the finger as "well manicured," that it came from a female. The type of men who lose fingers in industrial accidents aren't usually so well groomed.

I wonder if he just witnessed the accident and then stole the fingertip while everyone was distracted... then they figured they would wait a year (freeze it?) and SHE would find the finger - and no one would connect him and the accident to the discovery.

Casshew said:
I wonder if he just witnessed the accident and then stole the fingertip while everyone was distracted... then they figured they would wait a year (freeze it?) and SHE would find the finger - and no one would connect him and the accident to the discovery.

The article says the man lost his finger in December. I think it was in February that the woman 'found' the finger in her chili. It's odd that the man took so long to come forward. Is it possible that he didn't make the connection between his lost finger and the finger found by his associate's wife?

<LI style="LIST-STYLE-POSITION: inside; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: square">A man who lost the digit in an industrial accident gave it to the husband of the woman facing charges in the Wendy's case, detectives say.

By Susana Enriquez, Times Staff Writer

Police announced Friday that the finger a woman said she found in a cup of Wendy's chili in San Jose belonged to an acquaintance of her husband.

"It is a pretty damning piece of evidence," said Sgt. Nick Muyo of the San Jose Police Department. "This is a pretty significant break in the case."
San Jose police detectives received a tip from the Wendy's reward hotline May 4 that led them to Nevada, where they tracked down a man who lost the digit in an industrial accident in December. The man, whose name was not released, was identified as the source of the fingertip through "scientific testing," police said.

Detectives did not elaborate, but said they determined that the man gave the 1 1/2 -inch-long fragment to James Plascencia of Las Vegas. He is the husband of Anna Ayala, 39, who was arrested last month at her Las Vegas home and transferred last week to California to face charges of attempted grand theft.

She is in custody in Milpitas, Calif., and has a bail hearing set for Wednesday, Muyo said.

A criminal complaint filed by prosecutors said her report of a finger in a cup of chili cost Wendy's at least $2.5 million in lost business.

"The whole dimension of the case has changed slightly," said Chief Assistant Dist. Atty. Karyn Sinunu. "We now have to see if other people conspired to commit this hoax."

Sinunu said it will take a few weeks to review the case and decide whether to bring new charges against Ayala.
more at link:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/state/la-me-finger14may14,1,7667905.story?coll=la-news-state

It just gets weirder and weirder, in some way. Here's the latest details:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)- The finger that a woman claimed she found in a bowl of Wendy's chili was severed in the tailgate of a truck during a work accident, an employee of an asphalt company said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/wendy_s_finger

Can you imagine that situation? Yeah, yeah I will help you with the bleeding in a minute, but first can I have the finger? I think I know of a use for it.

mysteriew said:
Can you imagine that situation? Yeah, yeah I will help you with the bleeding in a minute, but first can I have the finger? I think I know of a use for it.
Exactly! Geez! Plus, don't you normally pack it in ice and take it to the ER in hopes of reattaching it? How very, very strange this all is!!!! Sure, keep the finger! GAH!

My local paper now claims that the finger was a male finger lost in an industrial accident by a friend of Anna Ayala's husband at work.(In this age of science we can't tell the difference between a male/female finger?)
I can picture them coming up with the scam. (They were probably sitting with the "run away bride from Georgia" at the time)
Who is the loser here, other than the person who is "sans" finger?
Once proven a fiasco Wendy's has had much free advertising from this, even
though I assume chili sales are down. I for one went there for lunch today,
ordered chili, and did not luck out. No finger to sue them over. SUCH IS LIFE!

Male employee of an asphalt company with well manicured finger nails?????
HELP WANTED
For local asphalt co.
Male
No facial hair.
Pommaded "Fonzie" hair cut
Wellmanicured Fingers
Painted toe nails
Willingness to part with severed digits essential
Experience with asphalt not necessary! :eek:

The finger was to settle a $50 debt. Unbelievable!

At least he's got $450 dollars worth left. Maybe we should start a "Top 10 uses for a severed body parts" list.

It took authorities HOW LONG to find the source of this finger? And all along it was a co-worker of Chili Finger Lady's HUSBAND who was showing off the lopped digit to ALL his co-workers and gave it to the husband to satisfy a $50 debt???? Geeeesh... you either got some loyal co-workers or some lame/slow LE. Either that, or the co-workers were in on it too and thought they'd get a cut from Wendy's millions. :confused:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/18/chili.finger.ap/index.html

I ask how stupid people can get, and guess what? They always do get stupider.... :crazy:

IDIOTS!!!

Marine Mom said:
The finger was to settle a $50 debt. Unbelievable!

At least he's got $450 dollars worth left. Maybe we should start a "Top 10 uses for a severed body parts" list.
With Blueclouds and Casshew around and getting ideas in their heads, that might not be such a good idea, if we wanna keep this family friendly, LOL! :p

Need to merge this with the Finger found in chili thread. It's about the same thing. CNN reported that the finger was severed in paving equipment machinery. And the digit-losing individual was boasting about it and showing it around to all his co-workers thinking he was cool. He gave it to the Finger-Lady's husband in exchange for a $50 debt.

I thought I remembered reading that the digit was well manicured. Did this woman polish the nail?

:sick:

1986 said:
I thought I remembered reading that the digit was well manicured. Did this woman polish the nail?

:sick:
It only stated well manicured finger.....but the nail is essential in a manicure....ya tink? ;)

Schmerty_Jones said:
It only stated well manicured finger.....but the nail is essential in a manicure....ya tink? ;)

Are you all implying that manly men cannot get manicures??? :D

Dark Knight said:
Are you all implying that manly men cannot get manicures??? :D
Never! I love holding well manicured hands with my men :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Ex-owner of finger lashes out: 'It's been hell'
Friends at bar say he grew angry that his mother spoke to media about case

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/05/20/FINGER.TMP
Court documents released Wednesday show that after Rossiter had an accident late last year at the asphalt company where he works, he gave his fingertip to co-worker James Plascencia, apparently with the understanding that Plascencia planned to use the appendage to swindle a food company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04
Back