Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it seems like. She may have been heading South, or could have pinged from Coachella itself.

In rural areas cell towers often have a farther reach, because there are fewer of them.

If you are looking at a map of the Coachella Valley, from left to right, the towns go Palm Desert, Indio, Coachella, Thermal, Mecca, Desert Shores.
IMO Palm Desert is considered central Coachella Valley. Anything right of the city of Indio would be considered east Coachella Valley. Once you get to Desert Shores you are halfway to Brawley, and that is no longer within the Coachella Valley.
I saw that someone had posted a while back that they looked at where our local cell towers were, and that there was one in Thermal, but not another until you got to Desert Shores, which seems correct. That area isn't very populated, as it is mainly agricultural. I'm not sure how many cell towers "Eastern Coachella Valley" actually has, but it seems like a rather vague term for anything right of Indio. The city of Coachella is heavily populated, but once you go east of that it gets very rural. AM could have honestly pinged at one of several towers within her hometown. Or she pinged at the last tower leaving town on her way to Brawley...

To anyone confused about the area (cities/towns) where AM and JD are from....
The term "Coachella Valley" is used to describe the whole area in which all of our towns sit. CV has over 10 cities within it. To add to the confusion, Coachella is one of the cities within the Coachella Valley. It is not the main city or anything like that, it just happens to share the same name.
We are best known for Palm Springs, Palm Desert and Coachella (only because of Coachella Fest).
Palm Springs sits on the most west side, Coachella on the east, and Palm Desert in the middle. When LE's say east Coachella Valley, they are describing the city of Coachella and the other small towns to the east of it.
Brawley is not within the Coachella Valley, it is about an hour east and to the south of Coachella.

I hope this helps!

Some things stood out on the Indio police report (added to other reports on this disappearance).

1) LE appears have cell phone records for Audrey--ping data, etc. There may be an issue with Jon's cell records though. They do say that both Audrey and Jon's phones powered down by midnight. But other than this fact, Jon's cell records and pings aren't mentioned. I wonder if he may have had a pay-as-you-go phone. Those are cheaper. Obviously he had a phone at some point, but maybe didn't have reliable service at this time.
2) LE does not appear to be in possession of the actual phones of either Audrey or Jon, so it's unclear how much data they have about content of texts between the two. Some cell companies have this info, some companies don't keep these records.

That helps a lot!!! I tried to thank you, but the button wasn't there.

To anyone confused about the area (cities/towns) where AM and JD are from....
The term "Coachella Valley" is used to describe the whole area in which all of our towns sit. CV has over 10 cities within it. To add to the confusion, Coachella is one of the cities within the Coachella Valley. It is not the main city or anything like that, it just happens to share the same name.
We are best known for Palm Springs, Palm Desert and Coachella (only because of Coachella Fest).
Palm Springs sits on the most west side, Coachella on the east, and Palm Desert in the middle. When LE's say east Coachella Valley, they are describing the city of Coachella and the other small towns to the east of it.
Brawley is not within the Coachella Valley, it is about an hour east and to the south or Coachella.

I hope this helps!

I just did a google search of cell towers within the Coachella Valley... there were a lot more on the eastern side than I expected, and even more on the way to Brawley than I expected.
Now I have so many questions...
If LE'ssaid that her phone pinged last in the Coachella Valley does that mean that she didn't ping anywhere near Brawley? And does that mean she didnt travel there, or is that something they aren't telling the public?
They did say that they couldn't confirm that either of them ever traveled there.
If AM did travel there her phone would have pinged at one of the MANY towers on the way. She would have also pinged at one of the many towers on her way to JD's apartment.
This further proves my notion that they or their phones never made it from the city of Coachella. Too many towers she could have hit in the three hours of cell activity if she was mobile.

I just did a google search of cell towers within the Coachella Valley... there were a lot more on the eastern side than I expected, and even more on the way to Brawley than I expected.
Now I have so many questions...
If LE'ssaid that her phone pinged last in the Coachella Valley does that mean that she didn't ping anywhere near Brawley? And does that mean she didnt travel there, or is that something they aren't telling the public?
They did say that they couldn't confirm that either of them ever traveled there.
If AM did travel there her phone would have pinged at one of the MANY towers on the way. She would have also pinged at one of the many towers on her way to JD's apartment.
This further proves my notion that they or their phones never made it from the city of Coachella. Too many towers she could have hit in the three hours of cell activity if she was mobile.

I was going to ask about this, ty for answering before I did. LOL.

So in relation to her LAST ping and her car how far apart are they? If I'm understanding correctly they are not close together. Wish we had Jonathan's pings, it would sure help, IMO.

It all depends on where Audrey pinged in East Coachella Valley--but about 50 minutes to an hour or more. And the SUV was found in the opposite direction of where Audrey said she was traveling.

I was going to ask about this, ty for answering before I did. LOL.

So in relation to her LAST ping and her car how far apart are they? If I'm understanding correctly they are not close together. Wish we had Jonathan's pings, it would sure help, IMO.

I am baffled and the meeting friends part. Even if for example they misunderstood and she was picking him up from a friends who had travelled back instead of on the way. The question remains who are they ? Where are they ?
Thank you for posting an area description it helps a lot better than maps also the police update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be nice to know what time JRs roommate last saw him. And where.

in other news, a gang member in Coachella shot and killed an officer the other day and is on the lam. this was after these two disappeared though. but maybe things are "hot" there now? (like a lot of criminal activity lately they may have stumbled upon?)

in other news, a gang member in Coachella shot and killed an officer the other day and is on the lam. this was after these two disappeared though. but maybe things are "hot" there now? (like a lot of criminal activity lately they may have stumbled upon?)

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon thing to happen in this area. There are always shootings and drug busts and home raids. I don't think this shooting would really have a lot to do with AM and JD. It shouldn't hault their investigation for any reason, and even though gang and violence does occur often, I don't think any of it has to do with anything other than a tweaked out guy with gang tattoos running from a traffic stop and shooting the officer involved.
Also, the police haven't done much to find him and all they have done to notify the public was release an out of date mug shot that looks nothing like how he actually looks now. It's a shame.

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon thing to happen in this area. There are always shootings and drug busts and home raids. I don't think this shooting would really have a lot to do with AM and JD. It shouldn't hault their investigation for any reason, and even though gang and violence does occur often, I don't think any of it has to do with anything other than a tweaked out guy with gang tattoos running from a traffic stop and shooting the officer involved.
Also, the police haven't done much to find him and all they have done to notify the public was release an out of date mug shot that looks nothing like how he actually looks now. It's a shame.

The Gang member has just been captured in Mexico.

Does any CCTV exist on any of the roadways? Were there any toll areas in the area that they could have passed through. How about convenient stores,CCTV there to see if they stopped for a soda or snack?

I don't know about any CCTV on the roadways, but there are THOUSANDS of gas stations, convenience stores, fast food restaurants, etc between where AM was last seen and where her vehicle was found. (I frequently travel this route.) I am positive that most of those places would have cameras. Working? That's another story. I don't know how they'd go about getting the footage from so many potential places and then analyzing it. I suspect that by now it would all be taped over. There is a weigh station between Cabazon and Banning. Might that have cameras fixed on I-10?

<modsnip>

The more I read about Jonathan and Audrey, the more impressed I am by who they are as people. These were two really stellar individuals. I pray and hope that by some miracle they are found alive. But whatever happened, it seems almost certain it was a "wrong place,wrong time" situation. Which might make the case even harder to solve for LE. This is probably a random event.

I don't know about any CCTV on the roadways, but there are THOUSANDS of gas stations, convenience stores, fast food restaurants, etc between where AM was last seen and where her vehicle was found. (I frequently travel this route.) I am positive that most of those places would have cameras. Working? That's another story. I don't know how they'd go about getting the footage from so many potential places and then analyzing it. I suspect that by now it would all be taped over. There is a weigh station between Cabazon and Banning. Might that have cameras fixed on I-10?

<modsnip>

The more I read about Jonathan and Audrey, the more impressed I am by who they are as people. These were two really stellar individuals. I pray and hope that by some miracle they are found alive. But whatever happened, it seems almost certain it was a "wrong place,wrong time" situation. Which might make the case even harder to solve for LE. This is probably a random event.

I don't think this is random. When it comes to adults, abductions and subsequent murders (which I believe now to be the case) are usually done by someone the victim knows and a lot of times by the person last to see them. We don't know where JR and AM met after she left her sister's but I think when we find out what happened to them, this will be closer to home. I find it very peculiar that the friends who were with JR in Brawley have not come forward, if they even existed at all.

This is all highly speculative on my part. It's always possible that J & A were familiar or acquainted with person/persons that did whatever was done. But nothing in their past seems to indicate that they were engaging in risky behavior. There's nothing to indicate that they hung with a dangerous crowd.

And if the person/persons responsible were part of either Jon or Audrey's inner-circle, finding them, might be easier than it is proving to be.

But again, no way to know at this point. The evidence, what little there is, for me, anyway, points more to something unexpected occurring, rather than either of these people placing themselves in harms way, either by association or action.

By the way, it's not exactly true that we are more likely to be killed my someone we are close to. 54% of those murdered in 2011, knew their assailant. But you have to factor in how many of those crimes were drug or gang related. Also women are more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or spouse, but again, statistics taken as of 2011 indicate that this is only slightly more common than stranger-murder.

Interesting side note--According to the a 2013 Mother Jones article on violence (that cites the gov. report for 2011) we are actually more likely to kill ourselves, than be killed by another--hmmmm.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....w-enforcement/expanded/expanded-homicide-data

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.....-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-12

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/domestic-violence-murder-stats

I don't think this is random. When it comes to adults, abductions and subsequent murders (which I believe now to be the case) are usually done by someone the victim knows and a lot of times by the person last to see them. We don't know where JR and AM met after she left her sister's but I think when we find out what happened to them, this will be closer to home. I find it very peculiar that the friends who were with JR in Brawley have not come forward, if they even existed at all.

This is all highly speculative on my part. It's always possible that J & A were familiar or acquainted with person/persons that did whatever was done. But nothing in their past seems to indicate that they were engaging in risky behaviour. There's nothing to indicate that they hung with a dangerous crowd.

And if the person/persons responsible were part of either Jon or Audrey's inner-circle, finding them, might be much easier.

But again, no way to know at this point. The evidence, what little there is, points more to something unexpected occurring, than that either of these young people put themselves in harms way, either by association or action.

By the way, it's not exactly true that we are more likely to be killed my someone we are close to. 54% of those murdered in 2011, knew their assailant. But you have to factor in how many of those crimes were drug or gang related. Also women are more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or spouse, but again, statistics taken as of 2011 doesn't indicate that this is necessarily more common than stranger-murder.

Interesting side note--According to the a 2013 Mother Jones article on violence (that cites the gov. report for 2011) we are actually more likely to kill ourselves, than be killed by another--hmmmm.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....w-enforcement/expanded/expanded-homicide-data

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.....-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-12

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/domestic-violence-murder-stats

54% is still more than less lol.

True, but it doesn't really support the assertion that someone is that much more likely to be killed by someone they know. It's basically a 46/54 shot.

54% is still more than less lol.

With LE being so quiet, I really want to believe that they are working on a strong lead. Posters here keep posing great questions about information we feel we should have answers to. Perhaps this is exactly what LE is focusing on and we will have answers soon. This has been the scenario in other cases, crickets and then LE makes a big announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52