Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the RCSD website's report on AM and JDR and noticed the incident location is where JDR lived in PD: 73300 block of Monterey Ave. It's called The Regent Palm Desert, a large apartment complex which is listed as having controlled access for residents as well as a guarded gate, meaning a security guard is there. Usually this type of place also has security cameras in place too. I know this area well and it's right next to a Bristol Farms shopping complex with several stores and restaurants. Across the street is another gated condo/housing complex. Given the location of his apt, I'd be shocked if there's no trace of him leaving that day. The question is whether he was with someone and if so, who??

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/chu17-0512.asp

https://www.zillow.com/b/33.756016,-116.383812_ll

I think the dog hitting was a false positive, the car was dumped and an accomplice in a follow car picked him up. The as yet unidentified deceased male found yesterday 50 miles east of coachella is probably jonathan. The perps drove east hid the body then drove the opposite direction west a 100 miles and dumped the car. A follow vehicle picked up the driver. This tells me the crimes were committed somewhere by coachella to partway towards brawley. Audrey's phone never pinged out of coauchella valley and brawley is in imperial county.. so deduction tells me whatever happen was not far from her sister's house in coachella.

Had the body had been identified as "remains" I could possibly go with that. But they're not.

Here is something to consider. And I am by no means claiming to be an expert. Tracking dogs - not the same as Police Dogs - are very well trained. They are trained to differentiate between smells. The handlers as well are well versed to know the signals a dog will give. As the saying goes, a tracking dog is only as good as it's handler. That really means, the dog might pick up on a positive but the handler might miss it if they aren't astute enough, or trained to pick up on the dog's signal. But we are talking about dogs and handlers brought in by LE who have most likely been used in many other searches. Probably not their first rodeo. If anyone has owned a dog, especially a tracking type dog, you totally know these dogs are aggressive at finding their target.

If the handler was good, I would imagine they would have required clothing from the victims in question and not just allow the dog to simply smell the vehicle. However, maybe the dogs are good enough to differentiate the smell from a perp, I just don't know. But I really have to rely on these dogs and the fact that both scents were tracked, and seemingly together, up the hill. We don't know if it was on dog or a few but I'm betting more than one. That really narrows the possibility of a false positive. A false negative is more likely than a false positive if we're discussing bad training/handling. It's the one piece that comes from LE that is repeated (with variations). They were both there. But why?

The credibility of a scent dog should be put higher than that of an eyewitness account, which is often mistaken and fallible.

Audrey and Jonathon were there, without a doubt.

I was looking at the RCSD website's report on AM and JDR and noticed the incident location is where JDR lived in PD: 73300 block of Monterey Ave. It's called The Regent Palm Desert, a large apartment complex which is listed as having controlled access for residents as well as a guarded gate, meaning a security guard is there. Usually this type of place also has security cameras in place too. I know this area well and it's right next to a Bristol Farms shopping complex with several stores and restaurants. Across the street is another gated condo/housing complex. Given the location of his apt, I'd be shocked if there's no trace of him leaving that day. The question is whether he was with someone and if so, who??

That's a really interesting observation. I think you might be off as to exactly which apartment complex it is though. Regent Palm Desert is actually on Country Club Drive. And the 73300 block of Monterey Ave. is about 5 minutes drive from the 73300 block of Country Club Drive (Coincidentally, both are near College of the Desert where AM was taking classes. So it would make sense that she might give JDR a ride home and go to school from there.)

The only apartment complex on a block that sounds like 733000 on Monterey Ave. is the Desert Pointe which is at 43805 Monterey Ave. So either the street or the address seems off here.

https://www.apartmentratings.com/ca/palm-desert/desert-pointe-apartments_760340694592260/

https://www.apartments.com/desert-pointe-palm-desert-ca/4js0xqj/

http://www.kmir.com/story/35785107/you-ask-we-investigate-mothers-of-missing-couple-demand-answers

Actually, BY802, I think you may be right about which complex it is. They must have the street wrong.

Actually, BY802, I think you may be right about which complex it is. They must have the street wrong.

Yeah I double checked JDR's address listed in the white pages and it does say The Regent in PD. But you're right, it's off Country Club Dr, close to Monterey though.

Yeah I double checked JDR's address listed in the white pages and it does say The Regent in PD. But you're right, it's off Country Club Dr, close to Monterey though.

Yes. And there's another reason I think you are right as well-though the directory tells it all. The place looks good on paper, but apparently isn't everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-regent-palm-desert

Do you know anyone her age that would be in a high ranking position at a storage facility while attending community college? And the car was new when she was 19. More than likely it's owned by her parents which is why it's registered to them. <modsnip>

I was a COO by 27 so there's that.

Ha, I was just reading those reviews before I read your comment :) Some of those reviews are pretty entertaining, but terrible!

So you probably noticed what was a pre-dominating theme in them: sound leakage between units. This appears to be one of those complexes that looks great, but was built on the cheap.

Could something really have gone down at JDR's apartment, say around 6, and not have been heard by someone nearby? For me, this makes an attack of some kind at JDR's place, unlikely.

I wonder what quality any surveillance on site was. If they cut major corners on sound barriers between units, where else were they cutting cost? Sometimes surveillance is more for show than anything else.

The other thing that struck me as we were discussing this, is that whoever has A & J, has their keys and probably their home addresses, as well. I hope locks have been changed, and everyone is being careful.

Ha, I was just reading those reviews before I read your comment :) Some of those reviews are pretty entertaining, but terrible!

I had a heck of a time googling the location last night with the address on the police report description. How a detail as important as a location can be so wrong I hope isn't an indication of that PD's attention to detail. The current investigation was handed over to Riverside investigators so that's a good thing.

I had a heck of a time googling the location last night with the address on the police report description. How a detail as important as a location can be so wrong I hope isn't an indication of that PD's attention to detail. The current investigation was handed over to Riverside investigators so that's a good thing.

The Indio Police report wasn't all that exact either. I know most will disagree with me on this next, but I actually find that reports from family and friends, can be more helpful at times, than what LE publishes.

Part of it just may be that LE is busy with actually solving the crime, and only worried about the integrity of their case. I doubt they care if a bunch of civilians at their computers have all the details exactly right. So, we will be the last to know.

I don't understand how sporadic information is. LE Family accounts, news media etc.
The article in Desert Sun said the body of an unidentified man appeared on the shoulder in regards to the I10 incident?
Other reports were under the bridge?
I look on the RCSD press releases and they do not post many things, neither does the crimereport.com about incidences.
The press releases for the RCSD appears to be very inconsistent, it did not list the woman found on a driveway in Desert Hot Springs or the lady found behind the grocery store in Palm Desert.
The coroners release does list the incident on the I10....

That's a really interesting observation. I think you might be off as to exactly which apartment complex it is though. Regent Palm Desert is actually on Country Club Drive. And the 73300 block of Monterey Ave. is about 5 minutes drive from the 73300 block of Country Club Drive (Coincidentally, both are near College of the Desert where AM was taking classes. So it would make sense that she might give JDR a ride home and go to school from there.)

The only apartment complex on a block that sounds like 733000 on Monterey Ave. is the Desert Pointe which is at 43805 Monterey Ave. So either the street or the address seems off here.

https://www.apartmentratings.com/ca/palm-desert/desert-pointe-apartments_760340694592260/

https://www.apartments.com/desert-pointe-palm-desert-ca/4js0xqj/

http://www.kmir.com/story/35785107/you-ask-we-investigate-mothers-of-missing-couple-demand-answers

<modsnip> here is the crime mapping for the above intersection for the last six months:

https://www.crimereports.com/home/#...%2C%20California%2092260%2C%20United%20States

Nothing of note. Gates/guarded gates mean nothing. Most apartments don't have cameras, even if they have gates. Even if they DO have cameras, the footage isn't saved for more than 7 days in most circumstances.

So you probably noticed what was a pre-dominating theme in them: sound leakage between units. This appears to be one of those complexes that looks great, but was built on the cheap.

Could something really have gone down at JDR's apartment, say around 6, and not have been heard by someone nearby? For me, this makes an attack of some kind at JDR's place, unlikely.

I wonder what quality any surveillance on site was. If they cut major corners on sound barriers between units, where else were they cutting cost? Sometimes surveillance is more for show than anything else.

The other thing that struck me as we were discussing this, is that whoever has A & J, has their keys and probably their home addresses, as well. I hope locks have been changed, and everyone is being careful.

Good points. Makes me wonder if neighbors ever heard anything suspicious that day or even if JDR had any guests over. His close friends say he didn't have any other friends, but maybe he met someone in the apt complex who set him up with some kind of odd job or introduced him to someone who could help him make some extra $$.

I think you could be absolutely right about this place being cheap and cutting costs on security. I'm curious about the guarded entrance too. If I'm driving in that area this week I'll check and see.

<modsnip> here is the crime mapping for the above intersection for the last six months:

https://www.crimereports.com/home/#...%2C%20California%2092260%2C%20United%20States

Nothing of note. Gates/guarded gates mean nothing. Most apartments don't have cameras, even if they have gates. Even if they DO have cameras, the footage isn't saved for more than 7 days in most circumstances.

The police report says 73300 block of Monterey. The Regent address is 73373 Country Club Dr. The cross street is Monterey. And it literally says "The Regent" under his name in the white pages. Do you have a source for your info?

The police report says 73300 block of Monterey. The Regent address is 73373 Country Club Dr. The cross street is Monterey. And it literally says "The Regent" under his name in the white pages. Do you have a source for your info?

Re: gates in apartment complexes: [FONT=&quot]Taylor & Francis. "Risk of crime in gated communities." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 20 March 2013. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130320115113.htm>

Re: surveillance footage: my experience.[/FONT]

The credibility of a scent dog should be put higher than that of an eyewitness account, which is often mistaken and fallible.

Audrey and Jonathon were there, without a doubt.

Ok ..they were there. Now how do they disappear?
1 option...they are drugged at the top of the hill with a tranquilizer and someone carries them away?
2 option....they are killed at the top of the hill and someone carries them away.
3 option...a helicopter is at the top of the hill and flys them away.
4 option...they walk back down the hill in the previous path, get in another car and go somewhere else, on their own free will.
5 option...they are running away, someone shoots at them, they stop, and come back down the hill. At gunpoint, they are forced into another vehicle.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

riverside coroner official I just spoke with says they have identified the male found 50 miles east of coachella.
I asked "is his name jonathan?" they said "no"..
the name will be released in a couple days.

Good points. Makes me wonder if neighbors ever heard anything suspicious that day or even if JDR had any guests over. His close friends say he didn't have any other friends, but maybe he met someone in the apt complex who set him up with some kind of odd job or introduced him to someone who could help him make some extra $$.

I think you could be absolutely right about this place being cheap and cutting costs on security. I'm curious about the guarded entrance too. If I'm driving in that area this week I'll check and see.

It's impossible to know for sure the conditions of that complex--most yelpers tend to be born complainers, so it's hard to know how true their claims really are--but I do think that a violent encounter in the early evening, in that complex, stands a good chance of being heard.

I'm not convinced that these two knew the person/s who abducted them, but if this person or persons was an acquaintance of some sort it seems more logical, under the circumstances as we know them, if it's someone JDR had recently met, rather than someone AM had just met---and I say this only, because AM's movements on the 10th all seem accounted for and to be in the norm, up until the moment she goes missing. Where as, there's this odd gap in JDR's actions that day. If that makes sense.

There is this unexplained trip somewhere south of Coachella for JDR, before 8 or earlier--a time, that frankly doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if you discard the Brawley thing. And no one seems to know why or with whom he went to wherever with...but he had to have gone somewhere that AM later expected to pick him up. And if her mother is right, she DID pick him up.

The more I look at the map of where these two were most often-in terms of family, school, friends and work, going south at that time of night, without anyone who knew them, knowing why, and yet having the SUV ending up northwest of where they both lived--almost an hour away in Beaumont, is just odd--even it they hadn't gone missing. If AM had school the next day (maybe school and work) hooking up in Palm Desert or Indio, makes so much more sense.

And then following this very convoluted logic, if JDR did make a new acquaintance who maybe did offer him some work, (for example, can you help me move such and such a thing, I can pay you $150.00 to help), the only place that it seems he would easily meet someone knew, is at that complex.

Basically, in a very round about way, I am agreeing with you BritY802, and then adding on from there.

I'd canvass the heck out of that apartment complex, and rule out someone having seen JDR get into a vehicle there--but I am going to hazard a guess that LE has already done this.

riverside coroner official I just spoke with says they have identified the male found 50 miles east of coachella.
I asked "is his name jonathan?" they said "no"..
the name will be released in a couple days.

Usually, if they have any idea of who the dead person is, they say right away. And JDR had tattoos, he would probably have been easy to identify as everyone is desperately looking for him. I think we would have known a lot sooner, if it was him.

If these two are not still alive, they must be have either been buried so as not to be easily discovered, or dropped far off the beaten track in the desert somewhere. Otherwise, I think someone would have found them by now. There is the chance, no matter how slim, that they are still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx