Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I was her I would have broke down too, but I would cherish any video I could get of my missing child. everyone deals differently.

I don't either. I don't think it was meant to be cruel at all but to give his mother a piece of her son on her birthday.

if I was her I would have broke down too, but I would cherish any video I could get of my missing child. everyone deals differently.

Yes, obviously the mother took it as a negative, which you can't blame her, her son is missing and who knows his fate right now. It hit her hard so a video of her missing son singing Happy Birthday on her birthday would likely be a gut punch. But it could also have been perceived as one of the greatest gifts she could receive, a special message of her son for her birthday. Sometimes people have the best of intentions that backfire miserably. IMO

i dont think the person's heart was in the wrong place.
I agree, just didn't quite think it through.
And I pray not, but this may end up being her last birthday wish from him. Wow that was hard typing.

I saw this found a few things interesting:
- article states he returned from Brawley and doesn't discredit it like all other articles. Wonder if info from the family for this article has changed.
-article mentions again this mysterious picture no one has seen that was sent to the sister in his apt
-the comment Todd Matthews made is one of those unnecessary comments unless needed "A key component in finding missing people is cooperation between investigators and family members", wonder if theyve had trouble with that.
-Indio police directly said "no foul play" as end note but before case handoff while Riverside Sheriffs has stayed super quiet and only said "no updates."

And in regards to the article mentioning the people building theories, like us. I agree in a lot of ways info does get distorted, weve seen it here. I feel its natural to wonder on things that feel unatural. But this article has me thinking that whether its due to another mistake filled article or be it now fact, our theories are on the backs of the family and friends accounts. I feel sure those have even changed as times gone on and small new details have come up and were on old details; because im sure theyre asked not to speak on the open case. Like they may know her onstar route or her phone records im sure theyve fine tooth combed their lives. I know i would look through my loved ones stuff, use the details i know like ss# or whatever to get into their phone records or hope they auto saved a password to an email on a computer. Ive even heard things in town about the case i cant mention due to rules that havent been mentioned here. Also errors in accounts happends all the time ever heard a story and a small detail changes each time. Sort of why this thread took some weird turns last week or so. Just absorption of different accounts or credits and discredit to different points.

I do believe someone knows something and i do believe someone hasnt spoken up, could even be something they think meaningless but may be bad and theyre more worried about perception then how significant it could be. Its making me think more on the info weve received moreso then the theories of what happen to them. Sad this much time has gone by.

What I find interesting about this article is that they specifically quote LE "people should stick to sharing the facts", yet the media themselves cannot get the facts straight. There was no picture to the sister nor was it taken in his home. This was confirmed in the KMIR special where Audrey's mother stated that the picture was sent to her.

I wish LE would share facts themselves for this case and hopefully we'd have one story.

Sharing links... again.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...suffered-broken-heart-her-birthday/543512001/

http://www.kmir.com/Clip/13456808/y...g-couple-demand-answers#.WYMQEA4DKkw.facebook

"Todd Matthews, is director of case management and communications, said it's not unusual for investigations to involve people who disappear without a trace. But what most stands out about the local disappearance, he said, is that it involves two people. It's not something I see every day," Matthews said....He added that it's beneficial to spread information with social media, but people should stick to sharing the facts instead of making assumptions about what occurred.
"We're not asking people to take wild guesses about what happened to them; it's not a game," Matthews said. "That just clutters things up ..... the best thing to do is share without speculation."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...suffered-broken-heart-her-birthday/543512001/

What I find interesting about this article is that they specifically quote LE "people should stick to sharing the facts", yet the media themselves cannot get the facts straight. There was no picture to the sister nor was it taken in his home. This was confirmed in the KMIR special where Audrey's mother stated that the picture was sent to her.

I wish LE would share facts themselves for this case and hopefully we'd have one story.

Sharing links... again.

http://www.kmir.com/Clip/13456808/y...g-couple-demand-answers#.WYMQEA4DKkw.facebook

I agree with you and precisely my point. It is irresponsible for news outlets to continue to post stories without fact checking. I posted previously (post #991; thread 1) that I thought it would be great for kmir for instance (as they have covered this story plenty) to write a retraction or a recount of events based solely on facts. I was shot down by another users opinion that it may not be priority for them to give us corrections or facts; correct. HOWEVER, I think it also true to say they do owe the public a true account of what is known and what is unknown at least regards to what has already been put out to the mass public. Otherwise, if your like me, your at home really judging these outlets about how they put out the news. Especially because they KEEP doing it, I get if you didnt retract or revise 1 article (sure oversight) but multiples with misinformation is just irresponsible and lazy.

I think I'll send over an email to them and suggest it. Not asking for additional info necessarily if its confidential, to really put some effort into 1 good cover of the factual information. The whole picture of them "in his apartment" annoys me as the picture is clearly at a restaurant. And there has been no other mention of multiple pictures. I want to tell them like if there were multiple pictures and its confidential, stop mentioning it in your stories. haha.

Yes, obviously the mother took it as a negative, which you can't blame her, her son is missing and who knows his fate right now. It hit her hard so a video of her missing son singing Happy Birthday on her birthday would likely be a gut punch. But it could also have been perceived as one of the greatest gifts she could receive, a special message of her son for her birthday. Sometimes people have the best of intentions that backfire miserably. IMO

Maybe it was with good intentions but I'm not so sure. Why block caller ID and why not send a message that it was of good intentions, for her birthday? There are two people missing here, who may be dead. If abducted, this is a very callous individual(s). I could totally see it being used for malcontent and it's not the first time someone has sent a 'message'. JMO

that's on social media such as facebook. this site is for trying to think of scenarios, in a victim friendly manner.

personally, if they WERE caught up in some trouble they couldn't get out of, to me, that doesn't "slander" them. I think no less of them. no one deserves to be disappeared. I want them safely found.

"Todd Matthews, is director of case management and communications, said it's not unusual for investigations to involve people who disappear without a trace. But what most stands out about the local disappearance, he said, is that it involves two people. It's not something I see every day," Matthews said....He added that it's beneficial to spread information with social media, but people should stick to sharing the facts instead of making assumptions about what occurred.
"We're not asking people to take wild guesses about what happened to them; it's not a game," Matthews said. "That just clutters things up ..... the best thing to do is share without speculation."

wait, they blocked the number? let me read again. that sounds kinda sinister :/

Maybe it was with good intentions but I'm not so sure. Why block caller ID and why not send a message that it was of good intentions, for her birthday? There are two people missing here, who may be dead. If abducted, this is a very callous individual(s). I could totally see it being used for malcontent and it's not the first time someone has sent a 'message'. JMO

ok, no the person didn't block her name. she edited HER OWN name out of the happy birthday song. so I think it was meant to be a kind gesture but not thought out.

You're reading it wrong... this is the quote from the Desert Sun

"Early July 29, she received a text message from the friend of her son, Jonathan Reynoso. It included a video of him singing "Happy Birthday" to that friend, who edited out her own name before forwarding it to Torres."

There's no mention of caller ID. The friend edited out her name from his happy birthday song. That way its not him singing "happy birthday dear Susie (or whatever the name was)". His mom knew who sent it.

In case anyone can't access the direct link, check Desert Sun FB and scroll.
https://www.facebook.com/thedesertsun/

You're reading it wrong... this is the quote from the Desert Sun

"Early July 29, she received a text message from the friend of her son, Jonathan Reynoso. It included a video of him singing "Happy Birthday" to that friend, who edited out her own name before forwarding it to Torres."

There's no mention of caller ID. The friend edited out her name from his happy birthday song. That way its not him singing "happy birthday dear Susie (or whatever the name was)". His mom knew who sent it.

In case anyone can't access the direct link, check Desert Sun FB and scroll.
https://www.facebook.com/thedesertsun/

Ok Maybe so. Perhaps he/she edited it out in case it was shown on TV.

Maybe the friend had been drinking when they sent it, and it seemed like a good idea at the time :/

Why would she send the mom a birthday video if he's saying someone else's name? It makes more sense to remove the original recipient's name so that the mom could "feel" like it was JR's message to her, so to speak... I can see the person who sent it probably had their heart in a good place but it could come across as insensitive to some people.

Ok Maybe so. Perhaps he/she edited it out in case it was shown on TV.

I think it was more that she didn't want it to be personalized but rather so the mom could feel it was directed at her. So by editing her own name, it removes the personalization and allows the viewer to fee it's directed at them. Makes sense?

5ffdfd13b4b2ef961fb39599b69f1caa.png

This could be interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the picture? Did they show it in the video?

I haven't seen the video but apparently there's more to come at 6pm. Way to stretch it out KMIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove