Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if LE has kept quiet because they have reason to believe that AM & JR are alive & just don't want to be found? Would they say anything to the family, public, etc? Just a thought.

<modsnip>

If LE found them they would no longer be reported as "Missing".
Both had engagements they missed.
<modsnip>

Thanks for your input, could have stopped on Oak valley dumped the SUV, went to the next exit and returned to Coachella, this is way over the tipping point, just an area I saw..... I guess that's one of the reason's I didn't get out and walk around and stick my head in that container, didn't want to surprise someone hanging out on meth, could get nasty.... real quick.

This is exactly what thought came to mind the last time I passed through there, it would be easy to jump off and back on the other direction. And you're right, that whole area is very creepy with the open fields and abandoned homes!! I don't remember seeing the container, I'll have to look again next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

So so let me see if I have this right:

6:00-6:30 pm - Jonathan orders pizza
8:00 pm - Audrey visits with sister
8:01 pm+ - Audrey has a TEXT conversation with mom saying she was already with Jonathan (but did not indicate distress or any issues)
8:45 pm - the days-old image of AM&JR is received by AMs sister
8:45-11:59 pm - Audrey's phone never pings outside of E. Coachella (where Jonathan happens to live)

The info about Brawley is vague and no one from Brawley or anywhere else has claimed to see Jonathan that night other than the roommate, and the pizza order.

It's very easy to conclude that Audrey met up with Jonathan somewhere in south Coachella, probably took him back to his apartment, where things then went sideways.

<modsnip>

One thing missing from your list of possibilities is random crime. These two could simply have run into the wrong people, at the wrong time. Happens ALL the time. Statistically you have a 46% chance of being harmed by a complete stranger. Of the 54% chance of being harmed by someone you know, most of that contact is either gang related (which seems unlikely here) or someone who is merely an acquaintance.

Regarding the timeline you posted, here are a few things to think about:

6:00-6:30 pm - Jonathan orders pizza
What was reported was that JDR's mother thought the pizza would have arrived by 6. No mention of when the order was placed. JDR's roommate did see JDR the afternoon of May 10.

8:00 pm - Audrey visits with sister
All we know is that some time between 8 and 8:45, Audrey visited her sister. No exact time has ever been given.

8:01 pm+ - Audrey has a TEXT conversation with mom saying she was already with Jonathan (but did not indicate distress or any issues)
We don't know that this was only a text communication. And we don't know what time it happened. All AM's mother said, was that it happened after 8.

8:45 pm - the days-old image of AM&JR is received by AMs sister
There is some confusion as to who received this picture, and no one seems to know when the pic was taken

8:45-11:59 pm - Audrey's phone never pings outside of E. Coachella (where Jonathan happens to live
JDR lived in Palm Desert, which is not in E. Coachella. And it's a little unclear where Audrey's phone pinged last

The list of articles on this case is very short. If this case interests you, take a minute, read through the articles.

I'm not sure exactly where the SUV was parked.

The Google Map pics are from 2016, and Cali has had a lot of rain since then. The foliage is a little more lush now, and looks slightly different this year, from last, I think.

But there was this white square, like piece of garbage that got stuck, that looked the same in both the photo from the news/LE and the google map pic--so I guestimated it to be that spot from the white image I saw in both photos.

The SUV could only have been a few places. Either between the two lamps or forward of them. There is too much foliage behind the SUV in the LE shot, for it to be before both lamps. But there's no real way I could know for certain which location. The quality of the pictures isn't broad or distinctive enough.

However, it may not matter in regard to the lights, they may be designed to cover a very large area--so the theory that this location was obscured from general view, may fall short.

I'm very curious to see what you find out!!! Be safe, though.
It has been enlightening to go back and thoroughly reread the first 100 posts from thread #1.

Here is #72

Here is a pic of the car from the video posted above.
attachment.php

The location seems to be about here, just after the onramp. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Be...!4d-116.977248

50' into a field is at the fence line, on the top of that hill. Did the dogs go to the other side of the fence to follow the scent?
Parked after the light pole
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9092.JPG
    IMG_9092.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 282
attachment.php

Good post. Just some things that stick out. Early on it was reported that AM sent her sister the pic text but later it was revealed that she actually sent it to her mom. JR lived in Palm Desert not Coachella. AM last ping was in East Coachella Valley. If we were looking at a map - Coachella Valley encompasses everything from Palm Desert to the border - East Coachella Valley would be on the other side of the Salton Sea that has the towns of Bombay Beach, Niland, Slab City. Coachella and Indio could be considered eastern. But if her phone last pinged in Palm Desert the report would probably read "Last ping in Western Coachella Valley".

Sorry to be petty and I'm not downplaying your thoughts at all, it's just the report of the East Coachella Valley thing has bugged me as it is really vague.
Thanks. I agree the E. Coachella Valley reference is vague, and it honestly could or could not include Palm Desert... but to be safe... Starting from post #223 thread #1 then mixing in any new stuff:

May 9, 2017:
A "selfie" photo of JR and AM is taken at a restaurant in Indio

May 10, 2017:
6:00-6:30 pm - JR ordered a pizza to arrive from Dominos (as reported by his mom)
Unknown time - AM left her mother's home to meet JR at a (unknown) location between Coachella and Imperial County and give him a ride to his home in Palm Desert
- JR was thought to be returning from a trip to Brawley, CA with friends for an unknown reason
- JRs Brawley friends have not yet been identified or interviewed
8:00-8:45 pm - AM stopped at her sister's house in Coachella while driving to meet JR
8:46 pm + - AM had a TEXT conversation with her mom, where mom asked where AM was and she responded that she was already with Jonathan
8:46 pm + - AM then texted to her mom the days-old "selfie" photo of AM and JR
8:46+ -11:59 pm - AMs phone indicates no activity outside of E. Coachella Valley (near Indio, and Palm Desert where Jonathan happens to live)
JR&#8217;s phone indicates no activity since this day

May 11, 2017:
Friends and family tried to contact both AM and JR throughout the day and night
AMs cell phone records indicate her phone did not use any cell towers outside of the East Coachella Valley since the midnight before

May 12, 2017:
AM was reported missing in the early morning
~ 8:00 am - Using On-Star, AMs 2010 GMC Terrain was located by IPD officers on the westbound side of the I-10 west of the Oak Valley Parkway in Beaumont
- An initial search of the vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry
- The vehicle was found fueled and operating normally when started
- Blood hounds traced JRs scent towards a field 50' from the vehicle
- Blood hounds traced AMs scents 20 yards west of the vehicle
- The vehicle is towed back to Indio
- Police will conduct a forensic investigation for any evidence unseen to the naked eye
JRs friends in western Riverside County are interviewed

Obvioulsy the text exchanged with the mom HAD TO occur after she left her sisters, which was initially reported as "around 8:45".

Its very informative and enlightening to go reread the first few hundred posts in thread #1. Before theories accidentally became false facts.

Thanks. I agree the E. Coachella Valley reference is vague, and it honestly could or could not include Palm Desert... but to be safe... Starting from post #223 thread #1 then mixing in any new stuff:

May 9, 2017:
A "selfie" photo of JR and AM is taken at a restaurant in Indio

May 10, 2017:
6:00-6:30 pm - JR ordered a pizza to arrive from Dominos (as reported by his mom)
Unknown time - AM left her mother's home to meet JR at a (unknown) location between Coachella and Imperial County and give him a ride to his home in Palm Desert
- JR was thought to be returning from a trip to Brawley, CA with friends for an unknown reason
- JRs Brawley friends have not yet been identified or interviewed
8:00-8:45 pm - AM stopped at her sister's house in Coachella while driving to meet JR
8:46 pm + - AM had a TEXT conversation with her mom, where mom asked where AM was and she responded that she was already with Jonathan
8:46 pm + - AM then texted to her mom the days-old "selfie" photo of AM and JR
8:46+ -11:59 pm - AMs phone indicates no activity outside of E. Coachella Valley (near Indio, and Palm Desert where Jonathan happens to live)
JR’s phone indicates no activity since this day

May 11, 2017:
Friends and family tried to contact both AM and JR throughout the day and night
AMs cell phone records indicate her phone did not use any cell towers outside of the East Coachella Valley since the midnight before

May 12, 2017:
AM was reported missing in the early morning
~ 8:00 am - Using On-Star, AMs 2010 GMC Terrain was located by IPD officers on the westbound side of the I-10 west of the Oak Valley Parkway in Beaumont
- An initial search of the vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry
- The vehicle was found fueled and operating normally when started
- Blood hounds traced JRs scent towards a field 50' from the vehicle
- Blood hounds traced AMs scents 20 yards west of the vehicle
- The vehicle is towed back to Indio
- Police will conduct a forensic investigation for any evidence unseen to the naked eye
JRs friends in western Riverside County are interviewed

You just me realize something. If we take what the reports about their scents being up as literal fact, AM (maybe) fled in one direction and JR , another direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, 20 , 50 yards, I have only heard scent in one direction, not two AM and JR, it was west as well, the front of the SUV, not sure where the business was about to the fence came from....

Or sometimes people get confused. We are constantly being inundated with data these days. People talk to each other WHILE looking at their phones. It's really possible as well, that Audrey misread something JDR texted her.

Whatever the scenario, it seems that AM did pick JDR up. And that she didn't have to travel all that far from her sister's place to get to him.

I am making an inference here, from snippets of what was said in the KMIR pieces. From AM's pings and the timing of her communications, it really doesn't seem as if she drove very far out of Coachella, if she even left Coachella.

I could be very wrong, but I imagine that if I were to pick up someone from somewhere and it wasn't a "usual" place, I would likely ask at least one follow up question. Or I would have looked at my phone again by that point to make sure that I got the right place.

You just me realize something. If we take what the reports about their scents being up as literal fact, AM (maybe) fled in one direction and JR , another direction.
Yes, 20 , 50 yards, I have only heard scent in one direction, not two AM and JR, it was west as well, the front of the SUV, not sure where the business was about to the fence came from....
To answer these questions, you would have to go back to the beginning as suggested earlier, because that is where the information comes from.

Initially, it was reported that JRs scent was picked up 50' towards a field. There is only one possible direction that could be --> up the hill. At the top of the hill is a chain link fence, which runs up and down the entire section of highway right there. Later, a different report stated that AMs scent was picked up 20' west of the vehicle. The only possible thing that makes sense is that she was 20' in front of the SUV, at the side of the highway. What we do not know is the sequence of these two activities.

<JMO>Now, how does it makes sense that JR was up on that hill? My only rationale that keeps him as a gentleman and not abandoning AM is this: IF someone walked AM to another car and drove away with her, JR may have made a run for it but got caught at the fenceline. We don't know. I'm just theorizing. Because the fence is there, I do think it's possible JR ran and they caught him at the fence, but I don't believe he would do so if AM was also there with him.</JMO>

I could be very wrong, but I imagine that if I were to pick up someone from somewhere and it wasn't a "usual" place, I would likely ask at least one follow up question. Or I would have looked at my phone again by that point to make sure that I got the right place.
I agree. I would of asked for directions,place name,etc. I would of more thn likely had to google map for directions. So LE must know more info maybe as to why they say they can almost be sure they met up OR brawley was an excuse to tell her sis and she just met him at home. Even then there has to be a digital trail of messages leading up to thm tlkin about meeting up UNLESS it was nefarious business and they spoke via phone or in person a day b4

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Stop the bickering. Some posts have been removed. If it continues, Time Outs will be forthcoming.

If you see bickering or any other TOS violation on the thread, please use the Alert feature to let us know and let us deal with it. Don&#8217;t detract from the thread by discussing it.

:tyou:

This is a good report, but each media outlet reports differently, or different information, so how do we know which one is reliable? Just because this report doesn't mention something doesn't mean it isn't a fact. By that same notion, just because this reporter states something also does not mean it is a fact.

For example: This report says both scents went 50' into a field. Other reports say her scent was picked up 20 west, he was 50 into a field. In this report there is no mention of the westerly scent that other reporters have mentioned on other stations. Which is it? Or is it possibly both? Maybe they both got marched up to the top of that hill, then only AM was walked down and 20 in front of the SUV. But who knows....

I did see something new I am curious about. The news reporter and AMs mother were talking about an "Aaron" who had sent her a PM in FB, and was then later seen posting on the Find page. The post was enigmatic and indicated he knew where these two were, and to be patient. My question is, will LE be able to get the IP information. I know it's available, but will they be allowed to investigate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member