Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
long time lurker. new poster, hope not to ruffle anyone's feathers here. old time law enforcement just rereading some news articles from the case and this caught my attention: https://www.thestarpress.com/story/...6/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

The articles says "Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared."

That's very different than she didn't ping any towers.

long time lurker. new poster, hope not to ruffle anyone's feathers here. old time law enforcement just rereading some news articles from the case and this caught my attention: https://www.thestarpress.com/story/...6/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

The articles says "Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared."

That's very different than she didn't ping any towers.
I can't believe no ne picked up on that until now. Brilliant observation. I wanted to make sure at least one other report said "phone calls", and this one does...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

and

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/
  • Reynoso and Moran's cell phones are missing and apparently turned off.
  • Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared.

Thanks for your input, could have stopped on Oak valley dumped the SUV, went to the next exit and returned to Coachella, this is way over the tipping point, just an area I saw..... I guess that's one of the reason's I didn't get out and walk around and stick my head in that container, didn't want to surprise someone hanging out on meth, could get nasty.... real quick.

This is exactly what thought came to mind the last time I passed through there, it would be easy to jump off and back on the other direction. And you're right, that whole area is very creepy with the open fields and abandoned homes!! I don't remember seeing the container, I'll have to look again next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone look into the area being referenced here? If it's a sketchy area so close to where the vehicle was left, I think it should definitely be considered an area of interest. Do we know if LE has searched here?

I keep thinking of Erin Corwin and all the mines between there and past amboy that back way. If you are from there you know what i mean. The whole drive from the valley to vegas or the river through amboy is full of places and no one would ever be found.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Although Erin was found, but that was an easier case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There's just nothing new. Hoping to see something new on the news for this story... anything at all. Not much other than KMIR updates from Kitty but those are just to keep it out there, not really an "update".

https://www.facebook.com/KittyAlvaradoKMIR/

I really hate that we haven't heard anything. Hopefully LE is still following up on leads but is being really quiet about it.

I have a feeling that their close group of friends know something but are too scared to speak up in fear of retaliation.

The disappearance

• Audrey Moran, 26, left her sister's Coachella home May 10. She said she was going to pick up her boyfriend, Jonathan Reynoso, 28, who was returning from Brawley.
  • Moran claimed she was going to give Reynoso a ride to his Palm Desert home
  • That night, the sister received a photo of the couple at Reynoso's home, but police say it was an older picture.
  • Moran drove a 2010 GMC Terrain SUV, which police found May 12. It was parked along westbound Interstate 10, west of Oak Valley Parkway in Beaumont.
The investigation

• Indio police used the National Law Enforcement Teletype System and Missing Unidentified Person System to spread word across the country.
  • "Several thousand" work hours have gone into the investigation and that number is growing, a sergeant says.
  • The SUV was fueled and operating normally when police found it.
  • A bloodhound detected the couple's scents, but it ended about 20 yards west of the vehicle.
  • Police haven't found any signs of foul play
  • Nothing significant or out of the ordinary was found in a forensic test on the SUV.
  • Cell phone towers never picked up Moran's phone calls outside of Indio and Coachella the night she disappeared.
  • Police say Moran sent her sister the photo for fun and there was nothing suspicious about the picture.
  • Caltrans officials say cameras on Interstate 10 do not record footage and are specifically for showing live traffic conditions.
  • They are still trying to confirm Reynoso was in Brawley.
  • No purse or wallet has been found. Police checked financial records but there was no suspicious activity.
  • Police interviewed friends and family across the Inland Empire. No one said they were expecting a visit on May 10.
  • The case has now been handed to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Central Homicide Unit.
What the families are doing

• Fliers are being dispersed up and down California and in Nevada, Arizona and Mexico.
  • A ******** account was set up. It's raised more than $12,000 that will go to anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts.
  • A fundraiser was scheduled for June 23 at La Quinta Brewing Co. Proceeds went toward the reward.
  • Moran's family held a prayer vigil May 25.
  • Reynoso's mother writes him letters on Facebook, hoping he'll respond.
  • Information on the couple has been shared online with people across the country.
  • A Facebook page has been set up for the missing couple.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/crime_courts/2017/06/22/jonathan-reynoso-audrey-moran/407081001/

Old, misinformation continues to be shared.

The disappearance

• Audrey Moran, 26, left her sister's Coachella home May 10. She said she was going to pick up her boyfriend, Jonathan Reynoso, 28, who was returning from Brawley.
  • That night, the sister received a photo of the couple at Reynoso's home, but police say it was an older picture.
  • Moran drove a 2010 GMC Terrain SUV, which police found May 12. It was parked along westbound Interstate 10, west of Oak Valley Parkway in Beaumont.
The investigation

• Indio police used the National Law Enforcement Teletype System and Missing Unidentified Person System to spread word across the country.
  • "Several thousand" work hours have gone into the investigation and that number is growing, a sergeant says.
  • A bloodhound detected the couple's scents, but it ended about 20 yards west of the vehicle.
  • Nothing significant or out of the ordinary was found in a forensic test on the SUV.
  • Police say Moran sent her sister the photo for fun and there was nothing suspicious about the picture.
  • Caltrans officials say cameras on Interstate 10 do not record footage and are specifically for showing live traffic conditions.
  • No purse or wallet has been found. Police checked financial records but there was no suspicious activity.
  • Police interviewed friends and family across the Inland Empire. No one said they were expecting a visit on May 10.
  • The case has now been handed to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Central Homicide Unit.

• Fliers are being dispersed up and down California and in Nevada, Arizona and Mexico.
  • A ******** account was set up. It's raised more than $12,000 that will go to anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts.
  • A fundraiser was scheduled for June 23 at La Quinta Brewing Co. Proceeds went toward the reward.
  • Information on the couple has been shared online with people across the country.

Thanks for putting this all together. Looking good.

The disappearance

The investigation

The picture and text sent was sent to the mom not the sister as confirmed in the KMIR special by the mother and there is no clear confirmation for what direction or specifically who's scent was picked up (Jon, Audrey or both). There are two conflicting statements on that.

http://www.kmir.com/Clip/13456808/y...g-couple-demand-answers#.WYMQEA4DKkw.facebook

Did anyone look into the area being referenced here? If it's a sketchy area so close to where the vehicle was left, I think it should definitely be considered an area of interest. Do we know if LE has searched here?

I called and someone else called LE about the next exit, I've called 3 times, they called back the first time, left me a message, it was about data that On Star most likely they had and since it was in the parents name (assumption) they could access it.

Quite frankly, I have no clue as to what they are doing. I'm not even sure if they have followed up on the next exit deal, or that I saw a dark colored vehicle on the side of the road at 4:45ish on May 11th, which was a Thursday, the day after.

Someone on the forum said they did not see the SUV until Friday, if it wasn't the SUV, then it was the 3rd vehicle I saw there, because at a later date, I saw another vehicle exactly in the same spot around the same time, since I was aware of the incident (news release).

I felt that dump sites needed to be sought out for a while now, and have referenced some other areas as well. I know LE can't just look at random areas, but I would hope that a private eye could look over potential areas.
It's a shame the answers for the missing has not been solved to date.
The more info we get, the better.... More eyes on the terrain so to speak.

It's been noted that some people are holding back and need to step up, also the more info shared here, more eyes scan and speculate and sometimes one little thing can bust it wide open....
Let's bust this thing wide open.....

Sorry...overehelmed with reading. Just hoping to hear good news that Jonathan and Audrey are found safe. Seriously any news on Jonathan and Audrey.
I may have missed this posted but at a glance didnt see it and wanted to share even though it is heart breaking.-

Coachella Valley couple is still missing and one mother suffered a broken heart on her birthday

Mayra Torres had a bittersweet birthday last month.

Early July 29, she received a text message from the friend of her son, Jonathan Reynoso. It included a video of him singing "Happy Birthday" to that friend, who edited out her own name before forwarding it to Torres.

The text arrived early in the morning when Reynoso would've normally messaged his mother for the special occasion. It was a kind gesture that caused Torres to "breakdown."

"It broke my heart," said Torres, 54. "He's never missed a birthday."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...suffered-broken-heart-her-birthday/543512001/

Sorry...overehelmed with reading. Just hoping to hear good news that Jonathan and Audrey are found safe. Seriously any news on Jonathan and Audrey.
I may have missed this posted but at a glance didnt see it and wanted to share even though it is heart breaking.-

Coachella Valley couple is still missing and one mother suffered a broken heart on her birthday

Early July 29, she received a text message from the friend of her son, Jonathan Reynoso. It included a video of him singing "Happy Birthday" to that friend, who edited out her own name before forwarding it to Torres.

The text arrived early in the morning when Reynoso would've normally messaged his mother for the special occasion. It was a kind gesture that caused Torres to "breakdown."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...suffered-broken-heart-her-birthday/543512001/

how thoughtless bordering on cruel.. I hope she was warned a "kind gesture" was coming.

I saw this found a few things interesting:
- article states he returned from Brawley and doesn't discredit it like all other articles. Wonder if info from the family for this article has changed.
-article mentions again this mysterious picture no one has seen that was sent to the sister in his apt
-the comment Todd Matthews made is one of those unnecessary comments unless needed "A key component in finding missing people is cooperation between investigators and family members", wonder if theyve had trouble with that.
-Indio police directly said "no foul play" as end note but before case handoff while Riverside Sheriffs has stayed super quiet and only said "no updates."

And in regards to the article mentioning the people building theories, like us. I agree in a lot of ways info does get distorted, weve seen it here. I feel its natural to wonder on things that feel unatural. But this article has me thinking that whether its due to another mistake filled article or be it now fact, our theories are on the backs of the family and friends accounts. I feel sure those have even changed as times gone on and small new details have come up and were on old details; because im sure theyre asked not to speak on the open case. Like they may know her onstar route or her phone records im sure theyve fine tooth combed their lives. I know i would look through my loved ones stuff, use the details i know like ss# or whatever to get into their phone records or hope they auto saved a password to an email on a computer. Ive even heard things in town about the case i cant mention due to rules that havent been mentioned here. Also errors in accounts happends all the time ever heard a story and a small detail changes each time. Sort of why this thread took some weird turns last week or so. Just absorption of different accounts or credits and discredit to different points.

I do believe someone knows something and i do believe someone hasnt spoken up, could even be something they think meaningless but may be bad and theyre more worried about perception then how significant it could be. Its making me think more on the info weve received moreso then the theories of what happen to them. Sad this much time has gone by.

<modsnip> I really do hope I am wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if they never find them, or if they eventually end up being found in a shallow grave somewhere in the desert.

i dont think the person's heart was in the wrong place.

I don't either. I don't think it was meant to be cruel at all but to give his mother a piece of her son on her birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove