CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With sincere respect: I do not think it is 'far fetched' to be considering any deviation from what is considered normal in the life of a woman on the day she vanishes into thin air

The kennel stay had to be planned in advance, it is not something of the day she vanished.

A young dog can make a mess in a trailer, he probably wasn't trained enough for them to trust him not to do damage to the new purchased object while they went hiking. IMO

Because it is not the same dog?
She got a puppy, as far as I know.

I do not see any answers here, it is too far fetched with all due respect, IMO.

Could you explain what obstacle you're finding with this line of inquiry?

If the dog is too young to travel, then I'd again circle back to the kennel staff as witnesses to her behavior and/or presence of mind. Additionally, we might be concerned with how she arrived at the kennel--given the VI has affirmed she does not drive--and if this was their site of departure from the city.

This line of questioning is not biased with regard to any working theories; for example, confirmation from the kennel could substantiate her husband's memory of events. The staff's recollections and/or security cameras might also assist LE in determining if the couple were pursued by a third party from the city.

barbset2-2002-2009-jpg.197195

Image source @dbdb11
  • I'm pretty sure Lexi is a "she."
  • Lexi is pictured in photos dating back many years.
  • Therefore, Lexi is not a new puppy.
MOO

ETA: Welcome to Websleuths, @canteloupe! :)

Could you explain what obstacle you're finding with this line of inquiry?

If the dog is too young to travel, then I'd again circle back to the kennel staff as witnesses to her behavior and/or presence of mind. Additionally, we might be concerned with how she arrived at the kennel--given the VI has affirmed she does not drive--and if this was their site of departure from the city.

This line of questioning is not biased with regard to any working theories; for example, confirmation from the kennel could substantiate her husband's memory of events. The staff's recollections and/or security cameras might also assist LE in determining if the couple were pursued by a third party from the city.

I have followed this discussion from day one.
Please direct me to the post where the VI mentiones the kennel staff, Barbara dropping her dog of, and so on. TIA

Presumably because the absence of the dog on a camping trip could indicate a deviation from normal behavior for Barbara. If the couple camped frequently with the dog, then we should ask why not this time. If the dog was a frequent boarder, or had medical issues that prevented attendance on this particular excursion, then we might refocus our attention on Barbara's interactions with the kennel staff.
It seems to me there are so many reasonable explanations for why they didn't take the dog that it's impossible to tell whether it is significant or not.
Maybe they just wanted a break from everything at home, including taking care of a dog.

I'm not sure what information the kennel staff could possibly give LE in relation to this case other than one person said she was acting normal and another person said she wasn't acting herself. Since she was in a hurry I doubt she stayed long enough to explain why they weren't taking the dog with them.
I'm not sure how the dog being a frequent boarder or having health problems would be a reason to focus on the kennel staff. Imo

Please direct me to the post where the VI mentiones the kennel staff, Barbara dropping her dog of, and so on. TIA
Start somewhere around here:
just to clarify, one source expressed she was visibly aggravated, and not her usual friendly self. the other expressed nothing unusual or out of the ordinary.
Timeline fits. The kennel is five mins from their house.

Post #850 from the VI is where my line of logic originates. If incorrect, I'm happy to delete my other posts and extend apologies if I have irritated you or any other faithful followers of Barbara's case.

It seems to me there are so many reasonable explanations for why they didn't take the dog that it's impossible to tell whether it is significant or not.
Maybe they just wanted a break from everything at home, including taking care of a dog.

I'm not sure what information the kennel staff could possibly give LE in relation to this case other than one person said she was acting normal and another person said she wasn't acting herself. Since she was in a hurry I doubt she stayed long enough to explain why they weren't taking the dog with them.
I'm not sure how the dog being a frequent boarder or having health problems would be a reason to focus on the kennel staff. Imo

As I said in an earlier post, it was my understanding that someone at the kennel said that when she dropped the dog off at the kennel that morning, BT acted aggravated rather than being her usual friendly self. It's my understanding that the other observation that morning, in which she was not noticeably aggravated, came from people observing the surveillance video of BT and RT leaving in the truck/RV. In other words, we haven't heard of two observations from the kennel, but only of one. MOO

I’m not saying the rig the Thomases have didn’t have a generator powerful enough to run the AC for the dog while parked along a road, but it would have to be a large generator or two smaller ones hooked together. They have to be outside the RV or have a way to vent. Here’s everything an RVer needs to know. For a quick walk, I can’t imagine going to the trouble and risking the generator getting stolen.
Buying a Portable RV Generator - How Big of a Generator Do I Need for My RV?

In any case, the dog stayed home and Barbara disappeared and we don’t know if there is a connection.

barbset2-2002-2009-jpg.197195

Image source @dbdb11
  • I'm pretty sure Lexi is a "she."
  • Lexi is pictured in photos dating back many years.
  • Therefore, Lexi is not a new puppy.
MOO

ETA: Welcome to Websleuths, @canteloupe! :)

I only read here and on the FB for Barbara.
It was mentioned she got a new puppy not long ago. Maybe that info was false, it does not come from me. If someone posts something I assume it to be a fact, no use to make these kind of things up.

Well my Chihuahuas can't search for very long. :)
Chi

A good friend of mine owns German Shepherds and a Chihuahua. Her little guy has so much personality. He’s such a good boy and hangs very well with the big dogs. I watched them recently all swim together in her pond, then nap beside each other. Chi’s are awesome

So it would seem that something happened between the time they left the house and got to the kennel. Something that aggravated Barbara. Which wouldn't necessarily be any big deal but considering she vanished about 4 hours later, IDK.

It was mentioned she got a new puppy not long ago. Maybe that info was false, it does not come from me. If someone posts something I assume it to be a fact, no use to make these kind of things up.
When you state something as fact the onus is on you to provide a link. If you can't do that then you should probably edit your posts or flag them for a mod to delete. You are the only one who has said HERE that Barbara had a new puppy. MOO

Kennel is five minutes from their house, but where is the info about the kennel staff, Barbara dropping the dog of on her own that morning etc.
Thank you for trying to answer this.
Start there and read through. Sometimes you have to read several posts and put the pieces together. KWIM? It may not be all nice and neat in one post but the product of a back-and-forth for pages and pages. MOO

I’m not aware of a FB page for Barbara. Even if it’s an open page, the only info we can bring here is that posted by an admin. If it’s a closed group (members only) I don’t believe any info can come over here.

Not directed at you: I’m sensing some info is coming from private conversations here on WS. I’m all too aware how hard it is to keep track, but that info can’t come to the thread either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya