CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great work! I'm thinking Law Enforcement has figured it out, too, which may explain some things we were all wondering about here.

So maybe a cellphone photo of an older picture.
@Micheline Great work!

So...at the least, can we assume LE had RT”s cell phone at some point? Wish we knew for sure what warrants were served and whether they are requesting cell tower data from cell phone service providers.

Edited for wording

I had to Google out of curiosity. Check out the pics in the Daily Mail. (I dislike the Daily Mail, but they DO have the best pics.) Cops insist they're examining 'all possibilities' after missing hiker's husband claimed he's suspect | Daily Mail Online

Notice the pic below the one of his daughter, Tracy. His hair is white in that pic. In the more recent pics, his hair is more of a dark blond/light brown. Without knowing what he normally does with his hair, I cannot draw any conclusions, but here you go.

The comments below the article are interesting. Most don't believe him.

One, in particular, made me pause. It suggested that RT was directing LE away from the desert with the abduction story because he knew she was not there. Her absence from the desert had to be explained away somehow - hence, an abduction.

Where are you, Barbara?

The following are my feelings, observations and pure speculation:

I was finally able to watch one of RT’s interviews. I was struck by his apparent lack of concern for BT’s welfare. I would expect comments like “I hope she is getting enough to eat/drink, she needs her medicine, I worry she is in pain?”

If a loved one is missing, it is natural to worry about THEM. If we know a loved one is deceased, we may worry about what they experienced before they passed but we usually feel they are no longer in pain. And then some people might not be sad that their “loved one” is missing, especially if they have made peace with it.

I am reminded of Chris Watts’ interviews. For the most part, he was emotionally in control. IMO CW did not want his girlfriend to see him distraught over his missing wife because he wanted her to know that his marriage was over.

CW also made comments that he wanted his family returned, if I remember correctly. When people do that, I get the impression that the Missing are considered more of a possession. It sounds like “give me my thing back” rather than “I hope my loved one is not suffering”.

Personally, I hope she is alive and hiding out of her own volition. I don’t feel she is being held captive. Unfortunately, I can conceive that she got lost in the desert and will be discovered or that she was harmed by someone that should love and protect her. Praying for her, her loved ones.

The following are my feelings, observations and pure speculation:

I was finally able to watch one of RT’s interviews. I was struck by his apparent lack of concern for BT’s welfare. I would expect comments like “I hope she is getting enough to eat/drink, she needs her medicine, I worry she is in pain?”

If a loved one is missing, it is natural to worry about THEM. If we know a loved one is deceased, we may worry about what they experienced before they passed but we usually feel they are no longer in pain. And then some people might not be sad that their “loved one” is missing, especially if they have made peace with it.

I am reminded of Chris Watts’ interviews. For the most part, he was emotionally in control. IMO CW did not want his girlfriend to see him distraught over his missing wife because he wanted her to know that his marriage was over.

CW also made comments that he wanted his family returned, if I remember correctly. When people do that, I get the impression that the Missing are considered more of a possession. It sounds like “give me my thing back” rather than “I hope my loved one is not suffering”.

Personally, I hope she is alive and hiding out of her own volition. I don’t feel she is being held captive. Unfortunately, I can conceive that she got lost in the desert and will be discovered or that she was harmed by someone that should love and protect her. Praying for her, her loved ones.
I agree with this...every single word.

One, in particular, made me pause. It suggested that RT was directing LE away from the desert with the abduction story because he knew she was not there. Her absence from the desert had to be explained away somehow - hence, an abduction.

Where are you, Barbara?
BBM Yes, that's the heart of it, isn't it? You go out with the love of your life and she disappears, yes, you have to explain that.

Here's what I want to know: Did anyone see him searching the area between the time he last saw her and the time the police arrived. Was he stopping cars and asking people to keep an eye out for her?

MOO

Just popping in to update on the digital billboards. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck finding a company to donate. Lamar does help but there has to be an alert put out or an organization has to reach out to them. I would contact them but since I'm not family, local, LE or a missing person organization I doubt it would do any good. If anyone has any ideas, please share.
Lamar Advertising | Community Support

Two seniors set off in the desert for a walk/hike. You would hope they would both be adequately dressed for the heat. The man has a bag (presumably would contain water for them both, sunscreen and (if they were not wearing them) shirts to cover their shoulders in the hot sun, phone, key for the camper and possibly any medications they can't be without.

So, after their walk, when it was time to go back, the husband stops to take a pic - so he uses his phone right? Or… does he unload a a tripod, camera etc - all this equipment that he has been lugging around during their walk just to get the perfect picture of rocks?

The wife decides she can't wait for him to take his picture and wants to go back to the camper. He says this will only take a minute, don't go back by yourself, it's not safe to be out in the desert alone, or did he say, go back by yourself, I'm busy taking a very important picture, here's the key … oh wait, I left the key under a rock, just in case something like this happened.

In the short time that he is occupied, his wife disappears into thin air, never to be seen again.

The husband can't figure out what happened to her. Was some stranger driving past at exactly the same time as his wife (who was, for some reason dressed in a black bikini and carrying a beer) was crossing the road? Was the stranger so enamoured by her appearance, that he decided to stop and grab her? In any event, she never did reach the key under the rock and the safety of their camper.

It seems that way.
This was the photo posted by the sheriff's dept 13 July, I found it today going to the first mentioning on their website.

We could have known for a month when that picture was made (if so), no idea why no one has done so. Since it is very relevant info. IMO
The date in the ICC Profile section represents when the color profile was defined. It is not the date the photo was taken. MOO

Where are you, Barbara?

I don’t see comments below the article. I would like to read them. What do I need to do?

People often don't want to vocalise their fears. It can make them seem more real, more likely.

It seems that way.
This was the photo posted by the sheriff's dept 13 July, I found it today going to the first mentioning on their website.

We could have known for a month when that picture was made (if so), no idea why no one has done so. Since it is very relevant info. IMO
Thanks for trying this, @Micheline. I tried the same thing but my computer did not show the data it would normally show on an unprocessed photo. The first screen shot shows the headings for the photo of BT. The second screenshot shows the headings for an unprocessed (less-processed) photo taken by someone I know. Those headings include GPS data as well as date (IPTC and TIFF headings both showed date in my example. I'm not showing the actual data for that photo). So I agree with those who say that the date in the info you found is probably not the date the photo was created. :(

Attachments

• DataForBTphoto.png
    DataForBTphoto.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DataForUnprocessedPhoto.png
    DataForUnprocessedPhoto.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 21
RT's statements transcribed from both videos:

RT Interview #1
KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
July 15, 2019

:51 "They had the, the, uh fire trucks out there, the ambulance, paramedics; they had the, the, they actually brought a dog team out later, they had the helicopter that was comin' in."

911 Call

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

Thank you. I wonder in what order they all arrived and when?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two seniors set off in the desert for a walk/hike. You would hope they would both be adequately dressed for the heat. The man has a bag (presumably would contain water for them both, sunscreen and (if they were not wearing them) shirts to cover their shoulders in the hot sun, phone, key for the camper and possibly any medications they can't be without.

So, after their walk, when it was time to go back, the husband stops to take a pic - so he uses his phone right? Or… does he unload a a tripod, camera etc - all this equipment that he has been lugging around during their walk just to get the perfect picture of rocks?

The wife decides she can't wait for him to take his picture and wants to go back to the camper. He says this will only take a minute, don't go back by yourself, it's not safe to be out in the desert alone, or did he say, go back by yourself, I'm busy taking a very important picture, here's the key … oh wait, I left the key under a rock, just in case something like this happened.

In the short time that he is occupied, his wife disappears into thin air, never to be seen again.

The husband can't figure out what happened to her. Was some stranger driving past at exactly the same time as his wife (who was, for some reason dressed in a black bikini and carrying a beer) was crossing the road? Was the stranger so enamoured by her appearance, that he decided to stop and grab her? In any event, she never did reach the key under the rock and the safety of their camper.
My two Victim friendly theories remain the same.
1. She was hit by a vehicle. They panicked and took and dumped her elsewhere
2. She’s close to the area she disappeared yet to be found.

More on 2. Any of our SAR experts can expand on the difficulty finding someone outdoors. It’s really, really hard.

These are my two prevailing theories until/*if* we get additional info from LE. If forced to choose one theory, it would be 2.

Amateur speculation and opinion

What RT told Inside Edition

:51
"I hollered her name and I waved my arms and I looked around the area and I saw that she wasn’t anywhere around. She didn't respond. then I got very panicky.”
AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

How dbdb11's sister recalls what RT told Barb's brother:
<respectfully snipped for focus>

they lost sight of each other for 5-10 minutes before she “vanished” and he went back to their rv to see if she had returned but it was still locked so that meant she hadn’t come back yet (they had put the key under a rock which they both knew the location of). so he went back to check a shaded cave that they had found together earlier thinking she may have been taking a break from the heat but she wasn’t there either. he still wasn’t worried at this point because.. i don’t remember why he said he wasn’t yet worried. maybe because they both knew the area? or this was a regular thing? idk not sure but he continued searching for her on his own. by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911. police arrived like 2 hours later and searched for her. robbie said throughout the day they had sniff dogs, horses, hundreds of people and even a helicopter (which unfortunately couldn’t use its infrared function because it was too hot out to get any useful readings) and nobody could find any trace of her. searched throughout the night too. nothing. she had just disappeared.

<respectfully snipped for focus>

What RT told Inside Edition

:51
"I hollered her name and I waved my arms and I looked around the area and I saw that she wasn’t anywhere around. She didn't respond. then I got very panicky.”
AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

How dbdb11's sister recalls what RT told Barb's brother:
What more could the poor guy do?! I don't see any evidence pointing to him as a suspect at all. I think after she left him, she took a wrong turn to get some rocks, then she got turned around and walked in the wrong direction. That whole desert is alike camouflage.

My two Victim friendly theories remain the same.
1. She was hit by a vehicle. They panicked and took and dumped her elsewhere
2. She’s close to the area she disappeared yet to be found.

More on 2. Any of our SAR experts can expand on the difficulty finding someone outdoors. It’s really, really hard.

These are my two prevailing theories until/*if* we get additional info from LE. If forced to choose one theory, it would be 2.

Amateur speculation and opinion
Jumping off your post to keep it victim-friendly, I would love to re-introduce another theory mentioned early on that I have been mulling over...

Quicksand

The caveat with this theory is that searchers would very likely be aware if there was quicksand near where she was last seen.

If she got turned around (disoriented due to heat exhaustion or dehydration) and went a different way, then she may have been outside the search area and in an area where the searchers may not have been aware of the presence of quicksand.

I am just trying to put f0rth all ideas I can think of before drawing any conclusions that someone was involved in making her disappear.

I wish we knew if someone is out there searching for her.

JMO and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member