Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of his friends on the Find Blaze FB page are getting a bit uncomfortable and annoyed with the “speculation” (gay) and are asking people to knock it off, and saying all that matters is finding him. Well yes, but if he was on a gay hook up app, then that needs to be looked at to possibly help the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naw, Grindr or any other app/website is not particularly dangerous. While app-related crimes have happened they are rare. I was pretty much around the hook-up scene from the age of 20 until I was 42 (currently 44), my experiences have gone from public cruising to the earliest internet forums to complex internet websites and finally smart phone apps. I myself have never been a victim of any crime resulting from hook-up culture and I don't know anyone from the past 20+ years who has been the victim of a crime that resulted from hooking-up.

Truthfully, I have no idea but I'm starting to seriously doubt the drivers story.
I'm still mystified by my own tunnel vision. What a rookie step. Not that I'm implying any guilt of anyone in particular -- just that hiccup in my thought process when this all began.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whilst I really feel for Blaze' family and friends right now, I think the FB group page admin's are trying to control something that is uncontrollable - in this day and age with SM people are going to speculate, talk and discuss these types of tragedies. I know it must be frustrating for them but if they keep shutting people down they are going to lose some of the natural flow of sharing and keeping his name in SM circulation.

Going with the friend-driver scenario, much makes sense: LE's silence, the family spokespersons' ambiguous language, lack of public local movement. ?

A few of his friends on the Find Blaze FB page are getting a bit uncomfortable and annoyed with the “speculation” (gay) and are asking people to knock it off, and saying all that matters is finding him. Well yes, but if he was on a gay hook up app, then that needs to be looked at to possibly help the case.

I agree, it should be looked at but I also understand his friends feelings. Gay hook-up culture has a bad rap, it's considered a sort of stain on the community, not something that is publicly discussed because of how it can be manipulated and feed the narrative of the bigots and homophobes who want to paint us as sex crazed fiends. Some people are embarassed by it, especially younger gay kids so they tend to pretend it doesn't happen or if they do acknowledge it then it's one of those things where it's other people do it but not them. It's all a very strange dynamic and kind of hard to explain without writing an essay.

I'm still mystified by my own tunnel vision. What a rookie step. Not that I'm implying any guilt of anyone in particular -- just that hiccup in my thought process when this all began.

I think that maybe most of us failed to look at the driver because in the first reports it was stated that the driver was a high school friend of Blaze's. So it kinda makes sense that we would sort of unconsciously pass over him as a potential suspect, long-term friend helping a buddy out, that sorta thing.

Whilst I really feel for Blaze' family and friends right now, I think the FB group page admin's are trying to control something that is uncontrollable - in this day and age with SM people are going to speculate, talk and discuss these types of tragedies. I know it must be frustrating for them but if they keep shutting people down they are going to lose some of the natural flow of sharing and keeping his name in SM circulation.
True, but I think the shutting-down thing is a natural response to trying to control the uncontrollable. I'm SO thankful for WS, the rules, TOS, and the code of honor I see in most participating members. FB? It's the Wild West.

I agree, it should be looked at but I also understand his friends feelings. Gay hook-up culture has a bad rap, it's considered a sort of stain on the community, not something that is publicly discussed because of how it can be manipulated and feed the narrative of the bigots and homophobes who want to paint us as sex crazed fiends. Some people are embarassed by it, especially younger gay kids so they tend to pretend it doesn't happen or if they do acknowledge it then it's one of those things where it's other people do it but not them. It's all a very strange dynamic and kind of hard to explain without writing an essay.
Maybe you're just the candidate to write just such an essay. [emoji5] I'd say it would do the community a great service. Jus' sayin'.

I think that maybe most of us failed to look at the driver because in the first reports it was stated that the driver was a high school friend of Blaze's. So it kinda makes sense that we would sort of unconsciously pass over him as a potential suspect, long-term friend helping a buddy out, that sorta thing.
I agree. That definitely contributoed to my personal reaction. "Friend/kid/driver/safe."

He doesn't fit the profile for this particular park encounter.

I saw that. The group is called "Help Find Blaze Berstein." I don't blame them if they change it to "Prayers and Good Thoughts" at least until OCSD allows civilians to assist with the search. The group is so full of false leads "I saw someone that looked JUST LIKE BB except he had a different hair color, different eye color, was in their 40s and was female" that it should probably be restricted. Similar to the Bryce Laspisa case, tons of sightings, but not one person has approached or taken a photo. I find that less of a help than speculating ideas.

I saw that. The group is called "Help Find Blaze Berstein." I don't blame them if they change it to "Prayers and Good Thoughts" at least until OCSD allows civilians to assist with the search. The group is so full of false leads "I saw someone that looked JUST LIKE BB except he had a different hair color, different eye color, was in their 40s and was female" that it should probably be restricted. Similar to the Bryce Laspisa case, tons of sightings, but not one person has approached or taken a photo. I find that less of a help than speculating ideas.
Instead of the truth concealed by an information drought, the truth is drowned by information/misinformation deluge, à la Orwell's 1984.

The parents posted a couple of hours ago on the status of the search. This is interesting:

"[FONT=&amp]They also had a canine sweep which did not come up with anything."

I'll wait until another dog search is done (I am sure there will be another), but to me this tells me he was never in the park. Dogs can be unreliable, but I doubt they would miss a week old scent entirely.

EDIT: I suppose it's possible they did detect a scent but that it was useless. I interpreted "did not come up with anything" means no scent at all.[/FONT]

The parents posted a couple of hours ago on the status of the search. This is interesting:

"[FONT=&amp]They also had a canine sweep which did not come up with anything."

I'll wait until another dog search is done (I am sure there will be another), but to me this tells me he was never in the park. Dogs can be unreliable, but I doubt they would miss a week old scent entirely.

EDIT: I suppose it's possible they did detect a scent but that it was useless. I interpreted "did not come up with anything" means no scent at all.[/FONT]
Maybe I've seen too many movies...are dogs routinely uninvolved in initial searches?

I must be a real jerk then, because I only had to read the first article and first 2-3 posts of this thread to immediately conclude that the driver is guilty of something, and probably lied about meeting a 3rd person.

This is the timeline so far:

Time unknown - dinner with parents and grandparents.
Time unknown - went up to his bedroom after dinner, was ordering items online.
9:30 pm - Blaze sent text message to driver friend with family house address.
10:30 pm - arrived at park with driver friend.
Time unknown - driver friend goes to bathroom at the park.
Times unknown - driver friend begins sending text messages to Blaze, which go unanswered.
Time unknown - (11:00 pm?) driver friend drives away from park alone.
11:30 pm - Blaze's phone sends weird text to female friend, then goes offline.
11:00 pm --> 4:00 am - driver friend's location unknown.
4:00 am - driver friend returns to park to look for Blaze.
4:00 am --> unknown time - driver friend's location unknown.
Time unknown - Blaze misses dentist appointment.

26168862_10156115482509914_6491810379377898450_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156115482509914&set=gm.169485110479614&type=3&theater
"Around 11:30 pm Tuesday a puzzling text was sent from Bernstein's cell phone after which the device inexplicably went dead, Dona said. "That last txt to a female friend is the reason we are suspecting foul play," she said, declining to elaborate."

Blaze's BFF is very involved on the HFBB Facebook page and very worried about her friend. My hunch is that she is the one who received the weird text message. In my heart of hearts, I believe that if Blaze was hiding, he would still contact her. But he hasn't, and I don't think he will because I don't think he can. :(

If his phone is still at his parents parents house and accessible by them, was Blaze using a different device to send the 11:30 pm text message? Who's phone was used to send that text to the female friend? Where is that phone now (rhetorical question since the phone is now off)...

Per the HUFBB Facebook page, an awesome and well thought out grid-based drone search is being planned.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169267027168089/

Orange County 107 Drone Pilots: My friend's son is missing, and I have been given a green light to plan an independent SAR mission for Part 107 FAA Certified Drone Pilots. Blaze Bernstein, 19, was last seen on Tuesday night at 10:30pm at Borrego Park in Foothill Ranch. OCPD has completed a dog search, human search, and a helicopter search. They have informed me that they don't have any missions planned for tomorrow. If you would like to participate, respond to this thread by selecting a number on the grid, and just go tomorrow and help us find Blaze! 1 is Borrego Park. Please pick numbers that aren't already taken, although you can fly multiple parts of the grid. Numbers in the North may require a short hike to get to. Video in 4K 30fps. I will be creating a private master Dropbox folder to collect the video footage. If you reply with a grid number to this thread, I will reach out for your e-mail address at the end of the day tomorrow and send you a link to your folder. I know that a lot of pilots want to help which is why I am only asking for 107 pilots following all 107 rules! You can fly any time of day. I am not coordinating times, so be aware that other pilots will be around throughout the day. If there is any police activity please cease flight, and you are responsible for you, your drone, and your surroundings. If you find something of extreme interest contact OCPD at 714-647-7000. PLEASE ONLY COMMENT BELOW WITH A NUMBER IF YOU ARE A 107 CERTIFIED PILOT!

attachment.php

I'm a bit of a map nerd, ok, let me stop lying, I'm a total map nerd. Anyway, in an effort to give all of you an idea of the terrain and the location that Blaze disappeared in I pulled up a topographic map of the area. I tried to crop it down as much as much as I could while maintaining the correct aspect ratio so as to maintain the proper distances between points. I also left the legend at the bottom of the map intact, it's pretty self-explanatory but if you need help ask away.

Borrego Park is marked with a black X and the black arrow next to the X points to the start of the Borrego Trail, which is where Blaze likely headed and he went north into the wilderness. As you look at this map the brown lines are topographic lines, the closer they are together the steeper the terrain and the further apart they are the flatter the terrain. You'll need to zoom into the map in order to really see details. You'll notice that there is A LOT of water features in the area. I don't know how deep they are right now but this map was created in 2015, so it's quite recent and up-to-date.

Anyhow, thought y'all would enjoy seeing a proper geologic/topographic map of the area. If you have questions, ask away. If you'd like a link to the full map just ask. :)

GREAT map, DA!

Thank you! :seeya:

This is the timeline so far:

Time unknown - dinner with parents and grandparents.
Time unknown - went up to his bedroom after dinner, was ordering items online.
9:30 pm - Blaze sent text message to driver friend with family house address.
10:30 pm - arrived at park with driver friend.
Time unknown - driver friend goes to bathroom at the park.
Times unknown - driver friend begins sending text messages to Blaze, which go unanswered.
Time unknown - (11:00 pm?) driver friend drives away from park alone.
11:30 pm - Blaze's phone sends weird text to female friend, then goes offline.
11:00 pm --> 4:00 am - driver friend's location unknown.
4:00 am - driver friend returns to park to look for Blaze.
4:00 am --> unknown time - driver friend's location unknown.
Time unknown - Blaze misses dentist appointment.

You may also want to add:

Witnesses say they saw someone matching Bernstein's height and weight walking along the southbound lanes of the 241 toll road in the disabled car lane at 5:40 a.m. Wednesday, Della Donna said.

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/massive-search-underway-missing-orange-county-teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeDumb11