Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Blaze not have his license and/or access to a car? Why would a friend drive him to a park to meet another friend, but have no idea why or what they were doing if he wasn't involved? Why wouldn't Blaze just drive himself to the park to meet the third person if the driver was truly completely in the dark about what was going on? Makes no sense.

The last person that was with him is most likely responsible for his disappearance. Person unknown by family. If my friend walked away into the woods and never returned I would have immediately reported it.
Or at least made an effort to look for him.

Dude walks out of the bathroom, doesn't see his "high school buddy", leaves immediately and returns at 4am --- this story doesn't pass the laugh test.

The friend told investigators that he went to a restroom at the park and when he came out, Bernstein had walked off, Braun said. “We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story.html

“Blaze left the house around 10:30 p.m. or so, but exactly why he left is a big mystery,” he said, adding that “we didn’t know the person he met up with.

Before leaving home, Bernstein had been in lengthy communication with his friend using social media apps that do not leave a permanent record, authorities said. He was last seen in the park about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

“There are so many unknowns to deal with,” Annee Della Donna, a friend of the family, said. “We’re talking about a brilliant kid who goes to a small park five minutes from home, then disappears.”

How many times have we heard LE say "we don't suspect foul play" Even his parents suspect foul play.

Speaking of, have any such accounts been tied to BB? Even PoF, OKCupid, etc., in addition to any gay dating apps? Not saying we should sleuth him AT ALL. I'm wondering if I've missed something.

I've seen nothing.

Wonder if the 'driver' has a Grinder account???

:thinking:

I must say, I am really hopeful that he has walked away. Sometimes parents don't know their children, and children find it impossible to live up to others expectations. He slammed
Penn state admin in that article. Maybe once home, he knew he wasn't going back. Ca living is something that gets into your blood and never leaves. I'm going to remain hopeful he is alive. His playlists, and titles speak for themselves.

Naw, Grindr or any other app/website is not particularly dangerous. While app-related crimes have happened they are rare. I was pretty much around the hook-up scene from the age of 20 until I was 42 (currently 44), my experiences have gone from public cruising to the earliest internet forums to complex internet websites and finally smart phone apps. I myself have never been a victim of any crime resulting from hook-up culture and I don't know anyone from the past 20+ years who has been the victim of a crime that resulted from hooking-up.

Truthfully, I have no idea but I'm starting to seriously doubt the drivers story.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Not every hook up site is filled with danger. Thank you for real life insight into these dating apps. This is why I don't think BB met with foul play. He is gone on his own.

Poor kid living two lives.... I'd want to disappear too, especially if I've known the third person and planned to run away with third person. We need to remember he is 19... Smart kid or not, he is still 19 and probably not thinking through every angle and consequence like us older adults would.

I'm not ruling out self harm here. Him leaving all his personal items at home.... well, let's just say I have seen that more times than I would like to in mental health. As a matter of fact, a couple also left their shoes behind. If that is the case, he might have used the excuse of meeting someone to get a ride there and have enough time alone that no one looked for him for a little time. But really, there was no one to meet. It was just a reason to see his friend one last time and to get a ride to his final place.

I'm not ruling out foul play either, but if he intentionally left his stuff at home, that perked my ears up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I Thought the exact same thing. In addition, many people who take their own life act perfectly fine just prior. Some have even been noted to be almost jovial. I hope this is not the case, but if you wanted to take your life and not be found, a park of this magnitude would be the place. I hope he is found safe.

Speaking of, have any such accounts been tied to BB? Even PoF, OKCupid, etc., in addition to any gay dating apps? Not saying we should sleuth him AT ALL. I'm wondering if I've missed something.

I've seen nothing.

Mention made starting here FWIW

in the L. A. times friend states He went to the restroom and when he came out Blaze was gone, he had walked away. I am going w the L.A. Times.

It's been reported by multiple sources that had a phone with him. He left behind meds, wallet, keys, etc.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oc-missing-student-20180106-story.html

rs/bbm

If his phone is still at his parents parents house and accessible by them, was Blaze using a different device to send the 11:30 pm text message? Who's phone was used to send that text to the female friend? Where is that phone now (rhetorical question since the phone is now off)...

Or at least made an effort to look for him.

Dude walks out of the bathroom, doesn't see his "high school buddy", leaves immediately and returns at 4am --- this story doesn't pass the laugh test.
It does if Blaze had no intention of returning to the East Coast...

And meds for what condition? If he had depression, that's relevant.

He turned off the phones GPS. Let's engage in easy multiplication shall we?

It does if Blaze had no intention of returning to the East Coast...
For this to be plausible, the "high school buddy" who drove him to the park had to be aware of [Your suggestion] Blaze's intention not to return to the East Coast.

I have read elsewhere that the medication was for Lupus, but this is unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321