Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live here. Actually about 2 miles from that park. I’m also on the FB page made for him. My first thought the first time I even heard about this... was the “friend” that drove him. But I am being respectful on that page and not posting and theories. I think it’s the friend that picked him up. I was also one of the very first ones to reach out and ask if they need anyone to help look. They are still telling us no, although there was a sign up list. It’s all very, very sad. He went to the same schools as my Son out here.

Yup, a newer Chevrolet model was the car burned in Angeles National Forest- someone reported the fire at 5:43 am.

Friend allegedly returned to Borrego park at 4 am. hhhmmmmm

1.5 (hours) X 2 = 3 hours

Almost exactly enough time to fit this timeline...
11:30 Phone shut off (at park)
15 minutes to think 'wtf should I do?'
45 minutes to buy gasoline+matches+steal a car
1.5 hour drive time
2:00 arrive at drop spot
1.5 hour drive time
4:00 arrive back at Borrego Park to 'look for friend' i.e... toss friend's phone
1.5 hour drive time
5:30 arrive at drop spot to set vehicle on fire

Article below specifies body found burning in "the early morning hours" and I must've missed the part about car reported at 5:43 (but read that from another poster with better attention to detail).

http://abc7.com/body-of-man-found-in-burned-car-in-angeles-national-forest/2867532/

It does seem hard to believe I realize. Hopefully that's not even close and Blaze is found unharmed.

Regarding the speculation that the burned body might be Blaze, wasn't the burnt car found 2 days after Blaze went missing (Friday morning)? So it couldn't have been set alight during the 4-5 hours the driver friend was at the park/returned to the park (11pm Tue - 4am Wed).

I agree, it should be looked at but I also understand his friends feelings. Gay hook-up culture has a bad rap, it's considered a sort of stain on the community, not something that is publicly discussed because of how it can be manipulated and feed the narrative of the bigots and homophobes who want to paint us as sex crazed fiends. Some people are embarassed by it, especially younger gay kids so they tend to pretend it doesn't happen or if they do acknowledge it then it's one of those things where it's other people do it but not them. It's all a very strange dynamic and kind of hard to explain without writing an essay.

This is O/T kinda but it is something I feel needs addressing not only in the context of this case but in any future cases.

I've seen several comments from members who refer to being gay as "a lifestyle" or that someone involved here is "living an alternative lifestyle." Being gay is not a "lifestyle," you choose a lifestyle, it is something that you can change whenever you feel the need for a change. Being gay or lesbian is a sexual orientation, it is not a lifestyle choice nor is it an alternative lifestyle. For all intents and purposes gay and lesbian people live lives like our heterosexual counterparts, we have mainstream jobs, own homes or rent, bug out over bills, spoil our children or pets; in short, the only thing "alternative" about our lives is whom we choose to love.

Referring to gay and lesbian lives as "alternative" or "alternative lifestyles" is very offensive and hurtful. We're not "alternative", we're just people.

I think they are hiding a history of depression / mental illness. Perhaps also a history of meet ups with people that he met online.

I am getting that same feeling. I don't think mental illness or sexual preference are topics to be ashamed of but I get a uncomfortable vibe from his parent's messaging.

I understand that everyone wants to see the best in their child and BB sounds like a great kid but his parents seem very set on painting a picture of perfection and we all know that nobody lives a perfect life.

I read some quotes from the parents saying Blaze if you hear me it is ok to come home, we love you. Blaze come home wherever you are and whatever has happened. Those quotes were from the Daily Mail article. Those statements make me think his parents believe that he could have did something that would have disappointed them.

I also read a comment on Facebook that a man clsimed that he has seen BB's Grindr profile and the man's friend met up with him last year.

This is wishful thinking but I am hoping he met a guy on Grindr, went to the park to hook up, it went so well and they went back to the hook-up's place and he is just hiding from responsibility. I know it is far fetched. I guess I am hoping for a happy ending in this case.

Until someone can share a credible source for the lupus medication claim, I would wager that you're right @brookesmith

There is no credible source for this. This rumor came about because a WS member saw a picture of Blaze on his Facebook page that had one of those medical cause banners on it. The banner said "I am a Lupus Hero." The WS member took that to mean Blaze's medication was for Lupus. I don't believe Blaze suffers from Lupus and that his medication is not for that ailment.

Regarding the speculation that the burned body might be Blaze, wasn't the burnt car found 2 days after Blaze went missing (Friday morning)? So it couldn't have been set alight during the 4-5 hours the driver friend was at the park/returned to the park (11pm Tue - 4am Wed).
You're right. I first calculated a difference of about 48 hours, but that info fell out of my ear. My apologies. (Self-TO.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My theory is that BB and his friend had a romantic relationship. They went to the park to talk or perhaps BB tried to break things off. Then, in the heat of the moment BB was killed accidentally. All just MOO! Time will tell.

I live here. Actually about 2 miles from that park. I’m also on the FB page made for him. My first thought the first time I even heard about this... was the “friend” that drove him. But I am being respectful on that page and not posting and theories. I think it’s the friend that picked him up. I was also one of the very first ones to reach out and ask if they need anyone to help look. They are still telling us no, although there was a sign up list. It’s all very, very sad. He went to the same schools as my Son out here.

:welcome:

LA Times

“Blaze left the house around 10:30 p.m. or so, but exactly why he left is a big mystery,” he said, adding that “we didn’t know the person he met up with.

“We’re hoping he comes back, or we find him,” he added.

“There are so many unknowns to deal with,” Annee Della Donna, a friend of the family, said. “We’re talking about a brilliant kid who goes to a small park five minutes from home, then disappears.”

NY Daily News

Gideon said he did not know his son’s friend, but learned they had known each other “for a while.”

“We talked to this person after the fact and they were helpful,” he said.

Why the use of this particular pronoun? Are they backing off now from saying it was a man?

<modsnip>

So many variations of stories and quotes, I don't know what to think or believe anymore. Reporting these days is just awful.

Thank you! I actually was here Years and years ago a lot with Casey Anthony story and a few others stories. I still pop in every once in a while, just don’t comment like I did back then. This site really is the best

<modsnip> bringing content from comments on fb over here is against TOS. Just a friendly reminder :)

If we knew where they lived, and assuming 5 mins is precise and it's by car

It's not hard to find the address, and I know the general area (though not their exact neighborhood). According to Google Maps, it's 1-1.2 miles depending on the route. And about a 400 foot elevation change. Google estimates between 27 and 31 minutes to get there, and 30 to 34 minutes to get back on foot. My experience is that Google Maps walking estimates are usually pretty good, so I think that should be in the ballpark.

Does anyone else feel like they should delete their entire internet history in case they ever go missing? Even if you were found alive and well 24 hours later... there would be no secrets about your life. Yikes.

Does anyone else feel like they should delete their entire internet history in case they ever go missing? Even if you were found alive and well 24 hours later... there would be no secrets about your life. Yikes.
Not that there would be much of note there, but my kids could call it, "Everything We Always Wanted to Ask Mom But Were Afraid to Ask!" [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i am surprised that his FB page and communiques are rather vanilla. I do hope w all my heart that he is alive.

My theory is that BB and his friend had a romantic relationship. They went to the park to talk or perhaps BB tried to break things off. Then, in the heat of the moment BB was killed accidentally. All just MOO! Time will tell.

Agree completely

There is a possibility that his parents disciplined him by taking his cell phone away from him and the relative let him borrow their old cell phone to connect via wi-fi without the parents knowledge.

Just a thought, not a fact. I could be completely wrong.

Or he could have lost his phone or accidentally left it back at school-so you borrow one and use it until you get yours back. I'm thinking he had an iPad too which may be how his parents logged into his Snapchat.

So the "high school buddy" (who is between 18-22 years old), who appears to have been somewhat cooperative, if not completely cooperative is holding him captive somewhere?

Being a gay male, I find your comment beyond ignorant... But must ask: Is your kidnapping theory predicated on your assumption that "the high school buddy leads an alternative lifestyle"?

I said "by the 3rd party"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member