Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is zero purpose to the HUFBB group. They don't want any ideas or discussion. There's nothing productive. I hope someone finally convinces them to convert it to a page instead. Or just convert it to a prayer group.

This. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe high school friend was called to get drugs for Blaze. He meets with friend in park and overdoses or runs away with friend. Just thinking out loud! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely not getting an overdose feeling here at all. I think the most this kid probably did was pot, if anything. Just my feeling.

I am curious to know what the family is not disclosing. Their secretiveness is why I'm thinking BB left on his own, did not meet with foul play.

BUT, I am inclined to have another theory. OCSD are searching in and around Whiting Ranch, meaning, are they going on intel that he never left the area? Logic would say yes. These are professionals, they don't search randomly. Yes that is the general area he was last seen at, but that would also mean OCSD has reason to believe BB never left the area.

They all end up this way, though. It is why I rarely go look at them. I think the majority of people who have a family member go missing are not at all prepared for the onslaught of different types of comments they are going to get, and are not prepared for any bit of negativity or questioning at all. Most of them don't hang out here at WS :).
Agreed. And that's certainly no fault of the family's. I feel so bad for them, having to wade through ridiculous, insensitive, and often downright callous comments. Social media has turned real loss and grief into a brutal, ancient Roman arena.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe he just told his parents it was a HS friend so they wouldn't ask questions. I remember doing that when I was young. These days kids use the word "friends" too lightly like people have lots of friends on FB, instagram, Snapchat etc. who they don't even know. All my good friends know my address when I lived with my parents. I have a sneaky suspicion this is someone he met on a Grindr or similar app or perhaps a love interest who was the jealous type and upset he was leaving to college today.

Maybe he just told his parents it was a HS friend so they wouldn't ask questions. I remember doing that when I was young. These days kids use the word "friends" too lightly like people have lots of friends on FB, instagram, Snapchat etc. who they don't even know. All my friends now my address when I lived with my parents. I have a sneaky suspicion this is someone he met on a Grindr or similar app or perhaps a love interest who was the jealous type and upset he was leaving too college today.
Do we have anything confirmed that might shed light on whether the parents had ever met this person before? A shared high school history...that's a big fish to have to explain away if it's not true.

I am curious to know what the family is not disclosing. Their secretiveness is why I'm thinking BB left on his own, did not meet with foul play.

There's part of this I agree with. I do believe he met with foul play, but the parents are being way too secretive and everyone around them wants to shut down any possibility regarding drugs or sexuality. I really hope it's the police that are keeping them tight lipped.

BUT, I am inclined to have another theory. OCSD are searching in and around Whiting Ranch, meaning, are they going on intel that he never left the area? Logic would say yes. These are professionals, they don't search randomly. Yes that is the general area he was last seen at, but that would also mean OCSD has reason to believe BB never left the area.

There's really no evidence he was even in the area to begin with, and nobody aside from the driver saw him there if he was there. All we know is that this person is the last person to see him currently. I really hope police are not just going with the driver's story hook line and sinker. The fact they say he is not a suspect or person of interest has me very worried that might be the case. I don't remember how jurisdiction works, but if foul play is involved, I hope they call it soon, because that's sooner that the FBI gets involved.

Because it could interfere with the investigation. I'm sure LE advised them of this especially if this so called friend is a person of interest.

Do we have anything confirmed that might shed light on whether the parents had ever met this person before? A shared high school history...that's a big fish to have to explain away if it's not true.

There is a FB post from Mr. Bernstein that says they didn't know the friend. This would have been very odd in my life as a 19 year old, but probably not in this day and age if he went to a large high school and with social media. etc.

People have said a few times in this thread that the park was a 5 minute walk from his house. This is incorrect. It would be 25-30 minutes to walk that, and the walk back from the park is up hill. Not that hard to do (especially if he didn't have any other way home), but I think asking why he had someone drive him is likely to lead down a dead end. It's not weird to want to drive/ride for what would take nearly an hour to walk round-trip at night.

I'm getting a strong feeling that this poor child may have committed suicide. I hope that this isn't against the rules to state this. The parents are understandably in denial. Very sad. There is just something 'off' about the parents frequent statements about how 'happy and well adjusted' their son was. As if he had been struggling, but that was all in the past, thus making suicide impossible... I do hope that I'm wrong.

Only my thoughts/opinion.

Maybe he just told his parents it was a HS friend so they wouldn't ask questions. I remember doing that when I was young. These days kids use the word "friends" too lightly like people have lots of friends on FB, instagram, Snapchat etc. who they don't even know. All my good friends know my address when I lived with my parents. I have a sneaky suspicion this is someone he met on a Grindr or similar app or perhaps a love interest who was the jealous type and upset he was leaving to college today.

I don't think he told his parents anything, because they did not even know he had left the house.

The family may very well know who took him to the park. If they didn't know, they know now. They are not disclosing it.If he is under suspect he is being watched. They don't want to tell him for he or she could flee or do harm to himself before they locate Blaze.

The family will stay silent on anything that may jeopardize an investigation or lead to their son, or nail the person that may have caused their son harm.

That is a given.

I'm getting a strong feeling that this poor child may have committed suicide. I hope that this isn't against the rules to state this. The parents are understandably in denial. Very sad. There is just something 'off' about the parents frequent statements about how 'happy and well adjusted' their son was. As if he had been struggling, but that was all in the past, thus making suicide impossible... I do hope that I'm wrong.

Only my thoughts/opinion.

Very possible theory.

The family may very well know who took him to the park. If they didn't know, they know now. They are not disclosing it.If he is under suspect he is being watched. They don't want to tell him for he or she could flee or do harm to himself before they locate Blaze.

It's already been stated by both LE and the dad that they know who drove BB to the park. They're just not disclosing his name publicly, for whatever reason.

Also, OCSD have already stated this driver friend is not a person of interest or suspect, which I get they can lie about and actually have him under radar, but is unlikely. I live in this town and have not heard of OCSD saying something publicly like this only for it to be the opposite. They're usually just very tight lipped about a person of interest.

This is O/T kinda but it is something I feel needs addressing not only in the context of this case but in any future cases.

I've seen several comments from members who refer to being gay as "a lifestyle" or that someone involved here is "living an alternative lifestyle." Being gay is not a "lifestyle," you choose a lifestyle, it is something that you can change whenever you feel the need for a change. Being gay or lesbian is a sexual orientation, it is not a lifestyle choice nor is it an alternative lifestyle. For all intents and purposes gay and lesbian people live lives like our heterosexual counterparts, we have mainstream jobs, own homes or rent, bug out over bills, spoil our children or pets; in short, the only thing "alternative" about our lives is whom we choose to love.

Referring to gay and lesbian lives as "alternative" or "alternative lifestyles" is very offensive and hurtful. We're not "alternative", we're just people.

"5 minutes away" via car or do we know this is the walking time?

Exactly! I believe it’s five minute car ride, which is much longer on foot. If it’s five minutes in a car, that’s approximately five miles (possibly). Five miles at a walking pace takes awhile!

I'm strongly acknowledge the possibility this was indeed foul play, and that it's a hate crime. Of course, that perspective could turn on a dime.

This article says the parents drove the sister to a sleepover after a meal Blaze had cooked that evening, and after dinner "everyone went their separate ways." So it sounds like maybe they were not even home when he left?? This is different from how previous reports seem to allude to how it happened. There's definitely stuff we don't know here.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/07/drones-b...ent-from-o-c-who-went-missing-in-lake-forest/

Also, I retract my earlier statement that said Mr. Bernstein didn't know his high school friend based on a statement he made.....I swear I read that, but now I can't find it.

It's already been stated by both LE and the dad that they know who drove BB to the park. They're just not disclosing his name publicly, for whatever reason.

Also, OCSD have already stated this driver friend is not a person of interest or suspect, which I get they can lie about and actually have him under radar, but is unlikely. I live in this town and have not heard of OCSD saying something publicly like this only for it to be the opposite. They're usually just very tight lipped about a person of interest.

I can't find it now, but I thought I read that Mr. B. said they did not know the friend. Meaning, after the investigation got rolling and they found out who the friend is, they had not previously been acquainted with him. But, consider that my opinion since I can't find where I read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member