Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously BB's family is loving and supporting and maybe so afraid because <b>they know he is mentally unstable and taking meds for it. He is struggling with his sexuality, interests and probably mental illness that shows up in males at this age.</b> everyone is afraid for him. even though he is an adult he is referred to as a sweet kid, because of meeting apps i am so afraid he was tricked and abducted. everyone is so kind to speculate but i calm myself down knowing that ocsd etc are on it along with a million people all over the world.. this wiil be the largest digital celebrity manhunt in history, people searching from their sofas. hope he comes today ...safe..

BBM (That is, if I’ve bolded correctly via mobile!) I’ve been trying to follow along as closely as I can but don’t recall seeing it stated in msm that Blaze is struggling with his sexuality and with mental illness. Can you reference, please, where you found that info? That would certainly affect this case, if that’s been confirmed...

New thought about the phone. Let's just assume BB's phone got broken/dropped/screen cracked beyond use/ etc. They had not yet taken it in to get fixed, or dropped it off and hadn't picked it up yet. He borrows a "relative's phone". What relative? What family member would have a phone that they wouldn't need to use? I think it was one of his younger sibling's phone. Lots of parents around here get phones for their younger kids because they need them for school, when they are at sport's practice and need to be picked up, for emergencies. But these phones for younger kids are often locked down pretty good. Will only call certain numbers, have tracking on them, won't allow you to download certain apps. His dad has said that once they realized BB was missing, they checked his computer for info. I think BB was chatting with people on his computer and only used the phone once he had to leave the house. Can you use snap chat on the computer? I don't even know. But if he was using a sibling's phone, it may explain why there was GPS on there.

BBM - managed his stress with school and cooking. This is really specific as if he has been working on ways to handle his stress. Maybe this is why he left school on leave....things pop up at this age with large amounts of stress.

He was never on leave from school- ever. That was a stupid rumor being spread on Reddit, which is NOT a credible source!

We need to stop speculating on his medical issues with improper arm chair doctos/psychiatrists. I could make my own diagnosis, say, looking at how skinny he is an assume he has Grave's Disease. Does that make it true? No!

In reference to possible mental instability discussed above, particularly the onset of bi polar, I am reminded of a colleague many years ago. I worked closely with him, we were in our mid twenties . It was a stressful occupation with constant deadlines.
One night, he was on the phone with a partner, when he told him hold on someone is at the door.
He never came back to the phone, and vanished into thin air, leaving his wallet and his car at the office. Did not go home to his wife.

Ofcourse LE got involved and there was an investigation. It was thought he was abducted.

3 weeks later he was found wandering along the autoroute some 100 miles away. He had no memory of what had happened and how he got so far away.

He was hospitalized and diagnosed wth bi polar, a breakdown, a sudden onset....no particular trigger but possibly due to the accumulation of stress.
With meds and treatment, he recovered, was fine and continued to work and live productively.

Makes me wonder if this could possibly be the case here.

Remember Margot Kidder, the actress? She also vanished and was eventually found hiding in someone's back yard about a week later.

I hope so much that this talented young man is found safely.....it's so devastating.

I am a tad confused; the police specifically said that foul play is NOT suspected. So, are we looking for a consenting adult that ran away? If that's the case, that's troubling.

Blaze has been found deceased. Press release. Someone please post. I'm heartbroken. So, so sorry.

We need to stop speculating on his medical issues with improper arm chair doctos/psychiatrists. I could make my own diagnosis, say, looking at how skinny he is an assume he has Grave's Disease. Does that make it true? No!

Totally agree.. it's irresponsible to attempt to make a psychological diagnosis for anyone without speaking face-to-face with them at length. It's also very unfair to Blaze. Imagine if he's still alive and reads any of this.

It's one thing to say he may be troubled or conflicted emotionally - what teenager who's trying to find himself wouldn't be? But to start slapping mental illness diagnoses on him is unfair unless you truly know the man.

What? Oh nooo....I am so very sorry.....heartwrenching :(
no words...

ORANGE COUNTY

SSO N. FLO\VER STREET
s.\NTA ANA. CA 927n3
71+.ii+7.7r)rlo

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Public Information Manager Carrie Braun:
W: 714-647-7042
C: 714-904-7042

Body found in Borrego Park ID'd as missing 19-year-old
LAKE FOREST, Ca. (Jan. 10, 2018) - The body of a 19-year-old man found in Borrego Park by Orange
County Sheriffs investigators has been identified as missing person Blaze Bernstein.

Bernstein was last seen at about 1 1 p.m. on Jan. 2, and was reported missing by his family to Sheriff's
Department investigators on Jan. 3.

Approximately 25 members of the Sheriffs Department Search and Rescue Team surveyed the park and
adjacent wilderness area Whiting Ranch on Friday Jan. 5, Saturday, Jan. 6, and Sunday, Jan. 7, as
investigators actively worked the case.

On Tuesday afternoon, at approximately 2 p-m., a search of the Foothill Ranch park was initiated by Sheriff's
investigators. Bernstein's body was discovered in the brush surrounding the park.

This case is now being investigated as a homicide. An autopsy will be perfomaed today. No additional
information regarding the cause of death or the condition of the body will be released at this time.

Sheriff's investigators are actively following multiple leads, but no suspect is in custody.

The investigation into this case is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Orange
County Sheriffs Department at 714-647-7000. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Orange County
Crime Stoppers at 855-TIP-OCCS.

###

This is from @OCSD Twitter account. Have trouble with the actual link on my phone. RIP Blaze

I sent my son away to college when he was 18 in another state. He lived with his sister and her husband off campus.

We paid his tuition, bought all his books, paid his living expenses. I would make his doctor and dental appointments for him for when he was home on break, and many times I took him to those appointments. Mostly because he was still on our insurance and I had to settle the bills for it. I also wanted to spend time with him when he was home.

When he was home, he lived by our rules. He had to let us know where he was and when he was coming home because we needed to know if we locked the doors or not. We also wanted to know when he wasn't coming home for the same reason. It was a courtesy. He graduated at 23 and up until then, his rules were the same.

Now, when he went to college, it was before everyone had cell phones. But if he would have had one, it would have been on our plan.

Yes he was an adult. But he was also a child in our financial pocket, his life being financed by us so he needed to answer to us until he graduated, and got a job of his own and got off our health & car insurance, IRS status for student loans, etc.

Parents make a financial investment of their own money to send their child to college. They don't want anything going wrong to mess with that investment. So the child is accountable until they are on their own.

I do know that the college saw it a bit different, inasmuch as his grades were sent to him and we only knew what they were if he told us. I called the college once to ask that his grades, like the tuition bill be sent to us and they said no.

This is just some insight for those who keep asking why the parents seem to have control over much of Blaze's life, I.e. His phone and other things.

Great post! I totally agree with this.

I am a Single Mom to a 19 year old Sophomore that goes to school 1500 miles away from home. My name is on (most) of his student loans, I pay his health insurance, I pay his cell phone, I trek up there to move him in/out of student housing. He doesn't drive (long story that involved being almost crushed by a trash truck - he swears he doesn't have PTSD from being the passenger but I disagree...and digress....) He's computer-smart, book-smart but definitely not life-smart.

I worry. And I come from a background of having horrible things happen to family (Dad was murdered). When he left for school we agreed that he would have the app Life360 on his (Android) phone so that I could rest assured that he was in appropriate places at appropriate times. I told him that he was (then) 18 and if he ever felt that I was being intrusive or inappropriate with the info that he could delete the app. I checked the app daily for the first few weeks but now that he's been away for 1.5 years, I usually only check it once or twice a week (mostly because it gives me a warm fuzzy to but that little &#9829; next to his location).

I don't think it was inappropriate for Blaze's Mom to want location tracking on his phone. Moms worry. And if it was for more than just general "Mom-worry-ness" I still feel it was within her discretion to ask for that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper