CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So awesome we have some movement in this case. So “the girls”are off the hook as far as being POIs along with their families, and now it’s down to the one and her husband, non-family member.

Have we discussed motive? Here is one: Bob was her cash cow, he wouldn’t listen to anyone about her, not his daughters, not his neighbor/friend Paul. So he marries Fontelle, springs it on her that he’s married now and Fontelle will be in the Trust, and calling financial shots and she can see the writing on the wall, losing her cash cow. Maybe they fought about it and she lost it on the fragile old guy, or tricked him into getting in a car with him, sans glasses, wallet, etc and drove him to a site where she did the deed or called hubby to help her with her dirty work.

Sorry I have not been around in a long time. Two bouts of cancer. Chemo, radiation, two surgeries. It took 1 1/2 years to fight it. Got my hinnie kicked but I’m happy to report I am currently cancer free.

Waving to all my Bob & Fontelle buddies.

So awesome we have some movement in this case. So “the girls”are off the hook as far as being POIs along with their families, and now it’s down to the one and her husband, non-family member.

Have we discussed motive? Here is one: Bob was her cash cow, he wouldn’t listen to anyone about her, not his daughters, not his neighbor/friend Paul. So he marries Fontelle, springs it on her that he’s married now and Fontelle will be in the Trust, and calling financial shots and she can see the writing on the wall, losing her cash cow. Maybe they fought about it and she lost it on the fragile old guy, or tricked him into getting in a car with him, sans glasses, wallet, etc and drove him to a site where she did the deed or called hubby to help her with her dirty work.

Sorry I have not been around in a long time. Two bouts of cancer. Chemo, radiation, two surgeries. It took 1 1/2 years to fight it. Got my hinnie kicked but I’m happy to report I am currently cancer free.

Congratulations!!!! <3 I'm so sorry you went through that hell.

I think your theory is going to be proven to be correct, or VERY close.

Congratulations!!!! <3 I'm so sorry you went through that hell.

I think your theory is going to be proven to be correct, or VERY close.
Thank you, Mary.

Yeh, we all figured him disappearing a few weeks after he married Fontelle was no coincidence. We also figured it was centered around his money. Sad that he seemed surrounded by people who saw him as their personal piggy bank.

it’s terrible that anyone would think Fontelle rifled through his possessions to get the goods while she could after Bob disappeared. Where did that come from? They had a beautiful love story. They were engaged to be married when he went into the Marine’s and was stationed at Camp Pendleton. He rented a room from a man who had a niece named Georgia. Georgia was sweet on Bob so her uncle intercepted all communication between Bob and Fontelle. Both Bob and Fontelle thought the other didn’t write or love them anymore, so they both moved on. Neither of them got out of the relationship by choice.

Anyway, how sad that he disappeared when he was finally happy again.
Since it’s been 10 years, is Fontelle still alive?

I knew at the 5 year point, the kids were going to have him declared dead and divide his assets, keeping Fontelle pretty much out of the loop and I knew she was losing the battle over the house, that was at least a $750,000 asset.
I wish her well. At least she knew Bob loved her and what really happened as to why he “stopped” writing her.

The only two things left undone is to find Bob and bring him home, and bring his murderer(s) to justice.

I hope so too. I can't say how relieved I am that the people who did this aren't relatives! It's been a burden on my heart for years.
I hear ya Mary. I’m so glad it is non relatives that being looked at.

And I want to apologize for anything and everything I said that was negative against the family. This goes to show why we are not allowed to name call and make accusations Willy nilly on anyone associated with these cases. Bob Harrod’s family were victims as well and I for one didn’t always believe and remember that.

I hear ya Mary. I’m so glad it is non relatives that being looked at.

And I want to apologize for anything and everything I said that was negative against the family. This goes to show why we are not allowed to name call and make accusations Willy nilly on anyone associated with these cases. Bob Harrod’s family were victims as well and I for one didn’t always believe and remember that.

Agreed, the family members are also victims. After Bob & Fontelle, IMHO.

Please agree with me that Fontelle did not stop her deposition about Bob's finances & ask for an attorney. Neither did you, or I, or any of us here. That was a member of Bob's family.

Please agree with me that I've never coordinated a media campaign to find a kidney donor & the money to pay for a friend's transplant completely, yet not coordinate a media campaign to bring attention to the case of your missing WWII vet Dad. That was a member of Bob's family.

With the information available, we connected dots. Those dots form an arrow pointing towards -- members of Bob's family.

Still awaiting closure to the case!

All our best, Bob & Fontelle!

Agreed, the family members are also victims. After Bob & Fontelle, IMHO.

Please agree with me that Fontelle did not stop her deposition about Bob's finances & ask for an attorney. Neither did you, or I, or any of us here. That was a member of Bob's family.

Please agree with me that I've never coordinated a media campaign to find a kidney donor & the money to pay for a friend's transplant completely, yet not coordinate a media campaign to bring attention to the case of your missing WWII vet Dad. That was a member of Bob's family.

With the information available, we connected dots. Those dots form an arrow pointing towards -- members of Bob's family.

Still awaiting closure to the case!

All our best, Bob & Fontelle!
Oh, I hear ya! Bob’s family did not act like the family of a loving patriarch. Bob’s family did not pull out all the stops and spare no expense to find him or bring attention to his being missing.

They lawyered up and refused to help with the investigation, in fact, acting like they knew he wasn’t coming back because they went to the house and started divvying up all the collections and mementos.

In a lot of ways, their behavior after Bob disappeared brought on the scrutiny they got from all of us here and from the police.

I missed this one....

Sergeant Connell was a detective at the department when Harrod was first reported missing. He says Harrod’s family, including his daughters and son-in-law, have been cleared and are not suspects in the case.

Two Persons of Interest in 2009 Disappearance of Millionaire Released

A post from CA Exile from thread #1:
RSBM

Apparently Fontelle spelled the end of the gravy train for her. I would later found out Bob was giving her money as late as early July, after he married Fontelle.
When Bob disappeared, she became my first suspect. I believed she was crazy enough to do it. My theory was she or someone she knew had been watching the house. When they saw Jeff leave, she knew Bob would be alone. They could easily lure him out into a car and drive off. Bob apparently liked and trusted her. Then, take him out to the desert and make him disappear. When Fontelle moved back permanently, I do not think she would allow Bob to be married to her and carry on with this woman. Since then, she has been "cleared" by the Placentia PD. For all that is worth. She and Fontelle have become "friends". I do not like it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Fontelle knows how I feel. The choice is hers to make. THIS IS MY OPINION. I HAVE NO FACTS TO BACK THIS UP. I CAN NOT PROVE ANY OF IT. My second idea will come later. ....

Wasn't it earlier said that the hairdresser had also been cleared? (I'm assuming that is who the 'she' is, bolded in the paragraph above from CA Exile?) How can everyone be cleared when there is no resolution yet in this case? And especially if some may not have an iron clad alibi for the window of time in which BH was said to have disappeared? It's now over five months after the time when two suspects were said to have been 'arrested' and then let go 'pending further information'. I'm thinking nobody is really cleared until.... the fat lady sings, so to speak. Also, although the article said 'arrested', I think that only really means they had to go to the police station for questioning, but it seems they were not charged. All jmo.

How could an amateur get rid of a body so well that it still isn't discovered, even 10 years later?
I know, huh? They could teach a couple of criminals a thing or two. Right now, most of what they have is probably circumstantial. Without a body, it makes it harder to try the case. However, finding the body at this point probably won’t give up much in the way he died, etc.

Oh, I hear ya! Bob’s family did not act like the family of a loving patriarch. Bob’s family did not pull out all the stops and spare no expense to find him or bring attention to his being missing.

They lawyered up and refused to help with the investigation, in fact, acting like they knew he wasn’t coming back because they went to the house and started divvying up all the collections and mementos.

In a lot of ways, their behavior after Bob disappeared brought on the scrutiny they got from all of us here and from the police.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better. They spent an enormous amount of time bashing Bob. Each of his daughters, his grandson, and SIL are responsible for their behavior, or lack of... no one forced them to behave as they did.

First, I am so glad you are back and healthy! So good to hear.

As for the one and her husband...... I agree with you fully. Speculation.... What if the crime scene was her vehicle or place of business? We don't even know if her place of business was open on the Monday he disappeared. What if it was closed and she hid him in her place of business and then went out to establish an alibi?

First, I am so glad you are back and healthy! So good to hear.

As for the one and her husband...... I agree with you fully. Speculation.... What if the crime scene was her vehicle or place of business? We don't even know if her place of business was open on the Monday he disappeared. What if it was closed and she hid him in her place of business and then went out to establish an alibi?
Ooooooo Cubby, that’s genius! Now that LE zeroed in on her, I hadn’t extrapolated my thoughts to where and how she and or her husband could have done the dirty deed.
If the murder scene was her vehicle, that is long gone. If the crime scene was her shop, then there is still hope that with a search warrant, even if her business is closed down or someone else now occupies the building, LE can go in and do forensic testing on things.

She would have had to get him out by force because he was without his glasses and he wouldn’t have ever left them. So we know that had to have been done under duress.

Can't get quote to work -- but can't we all just hear it?

"Good morning! Hey, I realized that you'll want to look your best when Fontelle returns! Let's run down to my shop, hair shave & the works as a wedding gift!"

The Bob we know would be unlikely to protest, don't you think?

JMHO YMMV

Can't get quote to work -- but can't we all just hear it?

"Good morning! Hey, I realized that you'll want to look your best when Fontelle returns! Let's run down to my shop, hair shave & the works as a wedding gift!"

The Bob we know would be unlikely to protest, don't you think?

JMHO YMMV
Yep. Poor Bob. He was naive. There would be no reason he would suspect anything was amiss.

Merry Christmas, Bob & Fontelle Harrod!

shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members