CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This nonsense is supposedly taken from an OC article but I can't remember ever reading this. Especially the bit about Bob going to Home Depot. I'm going to try and find the original article.

"Harrod.......purchased some supplies at Home Depot at 2.30pm that day and never returned home."

"Chief Jim Anderson says Harrod's disappearance is being treated as a homicide investigation but there is no evidence the multi-millionaire is either dead or alive."

http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-30241255105267/

The author of the article got it wrong. No one has ever stated Bob went to the Home Depot.

The author of the article got it wrong. No one has ever stated Bob went to the Home Depot.

This point is kind of interesting to me, considering we know now who likely went to Home Depot.

How was that, err 'misinformation' initially dispersed? And by whom?

It could have been interesting, agreed. If it had been accurate. UPI seems to be a press agency though, that just repeats stories from other sources.

OC Register ran their article on the 8th, UPI ran theirs on the 9th and referenced the OC register as the source. It's got to mean that one I linked above because of the date and similarities, I would have thought.

Sad to say, it just looks like whoever summarized that OC article at UPI just did it really inaccurately and hasn't corrected it after all these years.

I've always been curious about about the mystery surrounding the last person to see Bob. We don't even know what he looks like.

You'd think family would have wanted to clear that up straight away - after all, what if someone had seen someone doing something suspicious that day but dismissed it, thinking 'Oh, that must just have been Bob's SIL,'?

All the confusion over timelines, vehicles and visits to hardware stores is quite enough mystery for me, thank you. Anyway, just in case anyone else was wondering, I think if we were to go with a description of; male, caucasion, thinning salt and pepper/gray hair, salt and pepper beard, 5'10, 185lbs....... we wouldn't go far wrong.

http://www.blog.studiocartists.com/2012/01/27/casting-notice-discovery-channel-series/

It could have been interesting, agreed. If it had been accurate. UPI seems to be a press agency though, that just repeats stories from other sources.

OC Register ran their article on the 8th, UPI ran theirs on the 9th and referenced the OC register as the source. It's got to mean that one I linked above because of the date and similarities, I would have thought.

Sad to say, it just looks like whoever summarized that OC article at UPI just did it really inaccurately and hasn't corrected it after all these years.

Oh, I just meant sometimes it's useful to pay attention to who initially disperses inaccurate info. ;)

I've always been curious about about the mystery surrounding the last person to see Bob. We don't even know what he looks like.

You'd think family would have wanted to clear that up straight away - after all, what if someone had seen someone doing something suspicious that day but dismissed it, thinking 'Oh, that must just have been Bob's SIL,'?

All the confusion over timelines, vehicles and visits to hardware stores is quite enough mystery for me, thank you. Anyway, just in case anyone else was wondering, I think if we were to go with a description of; male, caucasion, thinning salt and pepper/gray hair, salt and pepper beard, 5'10, 185lbs....... we wouldn't go far wrong.

http://www.blog.studiocartists.com/2012/01/27/casting-notice-discovery-channel-series/

The beard and the weight are easily changed, unfortunately. So is the hair, for that matter.

And of course- I assume producers were working with information from LE- so details may or may not be accurate depending upon what information they chose to release.

It is TV, and acting after all. :)

I do sure hope they got all of the relevant physical characteristics accurate.

I'm as certain as I can be that at least one description there - for JuM, is accurate. So maybe it's not too much to hope that the others are accurate too. I know people change, but I was thinking it's important to know what people looked like at the time?

Did you notice that, according to the age requirements, younger sisters may look older than the eldest one?

believe09, if you don't come back soon and tell me what cryk stands for, I'll........well, I don't know what I'll do. Probably just moan a lot which will get on everyone's nerves but....it's my upbringing, I'm afraid.

If I'd had any choice in the matter, I'd have been born a fast, straight- talking NY gal, or a laid back Louisianna lass. Maybe a tough Illinois cookie with a glint in my eye? Or a mid-west ma'am who takes a long time to rile but when she does....Maybe even a west-coast woman driving a convertible, with the wind in her hair? No, probably not that one. Not with dog and his habit of barking at police cars.

Anyhow, moan moan, whine whine. What does cryke mean?

believe09, if you don't come back soon and tell me what cryk stands for, I'll........well, I don't know what I'll do. Probably just moan a lot which will get on everyone's nerves but....it's my upbringing, I'm afraid.

If I'd had any choice in the matter, I'd have been born a fast, straight- talking NY gal, or a laid back Louisianna lass. Maybe a tough Illinois cookie with a glint in my eye? Or a mid-west ma'am who takes a long time to rile but when she does....Maybe even a west-coast woman driving a convertible, with the wind in her hair? No, probably not that one. Not with dog and his habit of barking at police cars.

Anyhow, moan moan, whine whine. What does cryke mean?

believe is it this:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crikey?
(I especially like Steve Irwin's usage)

or is it perhaps real estate....?

Shoot, maybe it's a combo...

Well, the first thing I thought of was English crikey, but then I thought believe wouldn't be familiar with that. But then again, I've no idea where believe is from, so for all I know, believe09 could be sitting in central London right now, sipping a cup of strong English tea, nibbling on a tea cake and laughing at the fellow countryperson who doesn't know what crikey means.

Crikey!

Oh well, crikey. I would be fed up now, but I've been adding up what we know of the day Bob disappeared now.

JeM probably arrived early morning, around 9-9.30 9.30.
The CL arrived around noon, unexpectedly.
JeM was returning from somewhere then, and Bob was already missing.
She's an attractive, tallish blonde, JeM's tall and slimmish with a distinctive gray beard and hair. Noticeable, *if watchful neighours were about.
CL was concerned immediately
JeM says he saw a suspicious car, says he saw keys and wallet missing and car still there but still did nothing, except go straight home. Maybe.
JeM was supposedly doing bathroom repairs, but had to pay outside help to install his own dishwasher.
JeM is not willing to help with any publicity regarding his 81-year-old father-in-law's disappearance at all. He was willing to help with a kidney transplant for a virtual stranger.
Ditto JuM, excepting an initial flurry of nonsense when Bob first went missing.
JuM has either not been truthful, or has been a complete and utter fool about the timeline.
AH borrowed a LOT of money from Bob, and didn't pay it all back to him.
AH thought somebody was trying to frame him, and was looking for a criminal lawyer.
Another daughter was living in a house Bob owned, and was paying quite a lot in rent, each month. Now she isn't.
Family members had open access to the house, before Mrs Harrod arrived, and before any independent inventory of valuables/legal documents was carried out.
We probably know the name of the truck company that collected the memorabilia list 'clutter'.
Some family members took an unconscionably long time to get internet activity going on Bob's behalf, even though some of them have proved quite adept at certain types of internet activity since.
PB had phone conversations with Bob where she recalled exactly what she said, and her BIL said in the background, but recalled only a 'favourable response' from her dad.
RB doesn't ask questions that matter, but prefers to concentrate on her own feelings instead.
Anybody who says Bob was nice, and worth finding, or defends people who say Bob is worth finding, gets attacked. And comes out stronger. And more determined to find who disappeared him.
Something else as well, but if I tell you now, I'll regret it. Have to wait till monday, when businesses are open again. Or maybe wait until that believe09 comes back and finally tells me what crky means.

If anybody else knows, please tell. believe09 won't mind, honestly.

A beautiful New Year, to all of you who have and are, working and really wanting, to bring Bob home (even you, believe09, big tease.)

A happy New Year to all of you. And please stay safe everyone! Holidays can be dangerous times with traffic heavy, rushed, and often impaired.

In hope for bringing you home in 2013, Mr. Harrod...

I'm mad. Businesses aren't open as normal today at all, it's New Year's Eve. Ah well, later this week.

Thanks for the warning about the traffic Oriah, though it came too late for me. And the problem was reckless shopping trolley (cart) drivers, not automobiles. Make sure you stay safe yourself, and get some relaxing time - we need you on this thread and I'm really thinking 2013 could be Bob's year.

A happy New Year to all of you. And please stay safe everyone! Holidays can be dangerous times with traffic heavy, rushed, and often impaired.

In hope for bringing you home in 2013, Mr. Harrod...

I was just thinking, another year passed without bringing Mr. Harrod home.
I pray this is the last New Years he remains missing.

We're staying home this evening. Too scary to go out these days with all the impaired drivers on the road.

Happy New Year everyone, and please stay safe! :newyear:

I'm mad. Businesses aren't open as normal today at all, it's New Year's Eve. Ah well, later this week.

Thanks for the warning about the traffic Oriah, though it came too late for me. And the problem was reckless shopping trolley (cart) drivers, not automobiles. Make sure you stay safe yourself, and get some relaxing time - we need you on this thread and I'm really thinking 2013 could be Bob's year.

OT- Every time I read you talking about shopping hours, I want to send you a 24 hour 7-11, a 24 hour CVS, a 24 hour Walgreens, and a 24 hour Walmart, all within a 10-15 minute drive. It reminds me not everyone has a 24 hour store available within a very short drive.

I'm curious as to what you're shopping for. We are going out to GameStop later for Skate3 for Xbox. (we have two gamestops within about a 10 min drive, though they are not open 24 hours. ;) )

And KFC for dinner later, because the kid wants some.

Happy New Year!! :newyear:

Just gone midnight here, we're home trying to make sure the dog doesn't have heart failure because of the fireworks (seriously) and we've just finished watching Julie and Julia. All about cooking. Funny that.

Cubby, I'm ashamed to say it, but the reason I rushed to the store at the last minute is because my expert planning skills have landed me in a situation where I had neither a freezer or a properly working fridge, for Christmas and New Year. And I am not a creative cook. And don't even have stores, unless you count a can of vegetarian German soup, with chicken, that I bought by accident.

Happy New Year all of you. And may Bob and as many of our missing as possible be found this year. To all the lost, I wish, wish that the future may turn you into the found.

And to you Aunt June - your silent, lost years are long gone now. I'll keep helping you tell your tale and you will live on, long after the memory of the man who tried to silence you is nothing but dust. Blown further away on the fresh winds of every passing year. No-one knows his name - they know yours though. :)

The same thing will happen to whoever made Bob into Bob Harrod, missing.

Happy New Year Zwiebel, Cubby, Oriah and all those who keep the search for Bob going. I truly hope this is the year that brings him home xx

"...one should address wolves in a decisive tone.'

So the man in the article says. What he meant to say was, 'Yell for Oriah or GrainneDhu at the top of your voice!'

OT- Every time I read you talking about shopping hours, I want to send you a 24 hour 7-11, a 24 hour CVS, a 24 hour Walgreens, and a 24 hour Walmart, all within a 10-15 minute drive. It reminds me not everyone has a 24 hour store available within a very short drive.

I'm curious as to what you're shopping for. We are going out to GameStop later for Skate3 for Xbox. (we have two gamestops within about a 10 min drive, though they are not open 24 hours. ;) )

And KFC for dinner later, because the kid wants some.

Happy New Year!! :newyear:

Oh Cubby, if only you could. I am coming to America one day, to prove such a life exists.*
We have loads of stuff in our stores too (when they're open). Only you can't buy it. Certainly not something like a freezer, or a refrigerator. You just get to look at it, then fill out three forms asking can you please, please buy one just like it,? Then - if you're lucky, in two or three months' time, the store will call and tell you, 'You can collect your Kuhlschrank now. We do not deliver."
No promises mind, you just rely on luck. But when you do get it, it'll come with a 100 year guarantee or something. And, if you're German, in 100 years, your family will still have the receipt........

I love it here really, just wish shopping was a little more like, well, shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay