CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We call them boot lace ties in England, and we think we got that name from you guys!

A lot of stores in California sell pan, pick and shovel tie pins. Some you even finish yourself with gold you have prospected. I must have looked at hundreds now, old and new. I can't find a single one the same as Bob's, with a pick, shovel and a nugget all in the pan.

I'm thinking the bolo ties were most likely bought in a different store from the one where he purchased his hats and belts. I think it is possible the white hats and belts came from the same place though.

Would love to know what was in the boxes in the garage, but then again they covered the whole house with the inventory and the phrase everything else they had forgotten to mention until they looked!

I thought the boxes in the garage were things that Fontelle had shipped to California but I can't find a link for that.

Why would you be familiar with the state of your father's sheets, but not with the contents of his closet. Specifically, what was missing on the day he vanished?

SBM & BBM

Maybe because no one else in the family wore the same size clothing as Bob? If they had, I suspect that Bob's clothing would all turn out to have been loaned to him as well.

What an interesting collection of Bolo ties! I wonder if they were common attire in MO.

This Iowan has been in Missouri many times, mostly northern Missouri. The only part of Missouri where bolo ties are common is Branson Missouri (southern Missouri).

Forgive me WSers. I am very very late to this story but have spent my day reading both here and at another " CCite ".
MOO

{snipped for brevity}

Hi FrayedKnot, and welcome.

I've been following this case for about a year. I've searched the net for more info and found lots of it. That said...

What is " CCite " and do you have a link for it?

TIA

{snipped for brevity}

I've been following this case for about a year. I've searched the net for more info and found lots of it. That said...

TIA

Don't want to speak for FrayedKnot, but I think they might just mean another crime website? And maybe can't link because it would violate TOS here on WS if unapproved?

Been on the hunt for the belt buckle/bolo tie situation. Wow. There are a LOT of possibilities, but I'm going to comb through anyway, who knows right?

Slightly off topic- but a question considering the glasses, the wallet, the keys, Mr. Harrod's normal daily routine etc- does anyone have any info about what he typically put in his pocket(s) when he left his house? And does anyone know if there was possibly a metal money clip he might have?
Have we seen that anywhere in MSM?

Don't want to speak for FrayedKnot, but I think they might just mean another crime website? And maybe can't link because it would violate TOS here on WS if unapproved?

Been on the hunt for the belt buckle/bolo tie situation. Wow. There are a LOT of possibilities, but I'm going to comb through anyway, who knows right?

Slightly off topic- but a question considering the glasses, the wallet, the keys, Mr. Harrod's normal daily routine etc- does anyone have any info about what he typically put in his pocket(s) when he left his house? And does anyone know if there was possibly a metal money clip he might have?

I think that it has been mentioned before that he may have had several pairs of glasses. My thinking is that they were old pairs of glasses.
As for what he put in his pocket when leaving the house, I don't know.
But my best guess (based on my own dad) is his wallet, his keys, his checkbook if was going to buy something, maybe some change in his pocket.
My own dad never wore shorts of any color, never wore polyester and never wore Hawaiian print shirts,
but he did have a belt that he wore with everything.
(My dad wore jeans and cotton shirts)
He carried his wallet for over 30 years.
He came from the same area of the south as Mr Harrod and came from the same generation. ' You make do or do without' and you use something til it's worn out.

As for Mr Harrod's daily routine, I don't know.
But from what I've read, I would think, it would be a small breakfast,
small lunch, small dinner.
If he went on an errand, it would be to the grocery store or to get a hair cut or get gas in the car.

In Mr Harrod's case, he had a new wife, a house to spruce up for her and plans to make for their future.

{snipped for brevity}

TIA

Maybe there's an s missing? Then it would make sense to me.

BBM

Slightly off topic- but a question considering the glasses, the wallet, the keys, Mr. Harrod's normal daily routine etc- does anyone have any info about what he typically put in his pocket(s) when he left his house?And does anyone know if there was possibly a metal money clip he might have?

Looking through all those buckles and tie pins yesterday made me think of the possibility of a money clip. Stores that sell the buckles often seem to sell money clips in the same sort of styles too.

Speak away! You are correct. I didn't mean to stir the pot, really, but I can say that most all of my reading was on that other crime site which is very pro-daughters and I still formed a very unfavorable opinion of them, mostly due to the postings of the middle daughter. Her own words are responsible for my feelings about her.

I wanted to make it clear that I did not form that opinion because of ANYTHING posted here, as it seems the family has taken to blaming WS for launching a witch hunt on them. In fact, I was about to go back and read up on the WS thread for Bob now that I finished the other site which I will not mention.

I will say one more thing on the subject, though. By the more recent posts on the other site, it appears the site owner was becoming rather frustrated also with the daughters' lack of initiative regarding finding their missing dad and in fact made some rather pointed replies to the middle daughter's repeated posts regarding the trust, $, the house, $, FH, $.....which seems to be what they are most concerned with, NOT finding Bob. :(

I thought the boxes in the garage were things that Fontelle had shipped to California but I can't find a link for that.

I believe Bob also had alot of things boxed and stored in there. From some postings of the daughter's she mentioned being upset that FH had gone through them because some of them were her mother's (GH's) things.

I'd also like a better idea of exactly how much stuff was in the garage, just because the door was impassable when LE did the welfare check the evening Bob disappeared. I don't know, there's just something I don't like about the idea of a search for an elderly, possibly injured person and an impassable door.

Cluttered places are the best places for people to take a fall, imo. I would find it very strange if JeM didn't at least check the garage before he left for home, the day Bob disappeared.

I would also love to know who reported Bob's keys and wallet missing. If that was something JeM noticed before he left, surely that would have been enough to raise an alarm? Bob had taken his car keys, but forgotten to take his car....

Only applies if Bob had car and house keys on the same ring, of course.

I'd also like a better idea of exactly how much stuff was in the garage, just because the door was impassable when LE did the welfare check the evening Bob disappeared. I don't know, there's just something I don't like about the idea of a search for an elderly, possibly injured person and an impassable door.

Cluttered places are the best places for people to take a fall, imo. I would find it very strange if JeM didn't at least check the garage before he left for home, the day Bob disappeared.

I would also love to know who reported Bob's keys and wallet missing. If that was something JeM noticed before he left, surely that would have been enough to raise an alarm? Bob had taken his car keys, but forgotten to take his car....

Only applies if Bob had car and house keys on the same ring, of course.
Thanks for reminding me. How do they know they were missing? Simple question. Surely there is nothing difficult about answering it.

Thanks for reminding me. How do they know they were missing? Simple question. Surely there is nothing difficult about answering it.

Extremely important point, imo.
And goes back to the 'how does one know what is missing from a household or person- and then not know what is actually missing from the household or person.' :waitasec:

Do ya'll suppose someone thought it might be a good idea to try and pull this off as a robbery or home invasion- and then got confused in their own storytelling and reworked during a 24 hr period?

Oh, belts bolo ties buckles and money clips.
Poor Mr. Harrod. :(

When I've lived in countries where I can actually understand the language, I've always loved a bit of theatre. Worked in it a little too. One thing I learnt; no matter how the first act is staged, the cleaning ladies (and gents) only start work after the last act when everybody's gone home.

If the cleaners were to turn up unexpectedly in the first interval, I think the staging of the second act might well descend into chaos.

And it all goes wonderland again...we have dentals for Bob, so he must have seen a dentist at sometime. And his doctor said Bob didn't have dementia (he couldn't have known that if he never saw him). Also, his friend P said he had been going to the doctor regularly. I wonder if his daughters saw enough of him to really know?

I agree with the frugal bit except; I think he was frugal with himself, and more than generous with certain other people.

BBM~~~~

I don't think his daughters saw Mr. Harrod frequently. We know that in the months prior to his disappearance Mr. Harrod asked them to stay away.

Speak away! You are correct. I didn't mean to stir the pot, really, but I can say that most all of my reading was on that other crime site which is very pro-daughters and I still formed a very unfavorable opinion of them, mostly due to the postings of the middle daughter. Her own words are responsible for my feelings about her.

I wanted to make it clear that I did not form that opinion because of ANYTHING posted here, as it seems the family has taken to blaming WS for launching a witch hunt on them. In fact, I was about to go back and read up on the WS thread for Bob now that I finished the other site which I will not mention.

I will say one more thing on the subject, though. By the more recent posts on the other site, it appears the site owner was becoming rather frustrated also with the daughters' lack of initiative regarding finding their missing dad and in fact made some rather pointed replies to the middle daughter's repeated posts regarding the trust, $, the house, $, FH, $.....which seems to be what they are most concerned with, NOT finding Bob. :(

BBM~

IMO, the daughters actions speak volumes! They have spent much of their time and their father's money on frivolous court filings, belittling Fontelle and her family, and ranting against WS posters.

To this day we do not have a correct timeline, we do not know what Mr. Harrod was wearing when he disappeared. The daughters have done very little to bring his disappearance to the attention of the public in a positive proactive way!

BBM~

IMO, the daughters actions speak volumes! They have spent much of their time and their father's money on frivolous court filings, belittling Fontelle and her family, and ranting against WS posters.

To this day we do not have a correct timeline, we do not know what Mr. Harrod was wearing when he disappeared. The daughters have done very little to bring his disappearance to the attention of the public in a positive proactive way!

It's heartbreaking.

Except their actions seem to have resulted in attracting a very loyal and determined group of supporters to Bob's side. That's a consolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member