CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some heated discussion going on between OC prosecutors and defence attorneys about the question of suspects incriminating themselves and if subterfuge such as undercover officers should be used. DAs say yes and, predictably perhaps, defenders say no.

It's centering around a few cases, two of which are possible death penalty where the offenders have already been found guilty. There is a summary of what's going on at the OC Weekly.

I can't help feeling this has come about because the OC DAs office have such a strong team now and are bringing to resolution so many cases that everyone thought were stone cold, or too difficult to prosecute. I admire their courage. Many families of victims of horrible murders have seen justice done at last, because of those guys.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2014-02-20/...ney-sheriffs-department-unlawful-confessions/

Totally confused about this long-term UID in Hesperia, SB. We have his thread marked as identified, but I can't find a thing anywhere.

The likelihood of this being Bob is very, very low. Why would his remains suddenly turn up on a roadside in Oct 2012? Still, I did notice a post on the thread mentioning Bob, so it would be reassuring to know the name of the person. Has anybody heard anything?

Forgot the link.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187887&highlight=bob+harrod

ETA : It's only saying Bob in the thread link because of the search terms I used.

Hesperia is very, very close to where the Mcstay family were found. But I doubt there is any connection there either, probably. They vanished in 2010.

Unless there is a serial killer up there. :(

What I was trying to post is that another trial has begun, this time over the murder of a 90 year -old, Josephine Kelley in SB. Awful, pathetic crime for bits of jewelry and 'stuff'. One of those charged was a 'friend' of her grandson.

It happened in 2005 but I'm not sure if it was ever a cold case - though is it even possible a case would take nearly 10 years to get to court? Anyway, glad to see the DA's office pursuing such a despicable crime against a very senior victim. No-one wants to see those guilty of the most deadly form of elder abuse get away with it, I guess.

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/2...n-slaying-of-90-year-old-san-bernardino-woman

I have a post here on this thread that I'd like to remove, but I can't figure out how to do it. Would someone be helpful and tell me how. I really messed up this post as it contained things I didn't realize it would catch, which shows how untech savvy I am. Also, the length is real long, which I did not intend it to be. My thanks to you in advance. Finding Bob Harrod is my #1 concern, thank you all who feel the same way, especially Zwiebel.

Just go to the post in question and hit the little red triangle in the top left hand corner. That will bring up a msg box that goes straight to a mod, who will be able to delete it for you. :)

eta, I can't tell my left from my right. Up in this corner.....................................................^^^^

I'm getting extremely confused about the weather in OC. On one hand I'm reading about the worst drought in forever, and on the other about storms and events being rained off?

Anyone know what's going on?

We do have a crazy bad drought going on but it's also winter and rains usually go on for two or three months straight. We haven't had rain two days in a row yet...the fires in OC took out the trees and roots that keep the mountains and hills from mudsliding homes away during rainstorms. I was thinking last night, there is a good chance that buried remains could turn up after some good heavy rains and a couple mudslides

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't know if I'm really getting this weather map. Does the yellow area mean heaviest rainfall, moving out to blue is lightest?

It looks to me as though a strip leading from around Placentia up through San Bernardino isn't getting much rainfall at all?

I don't know what the link will show when anyone gets the chance to look - it's live.

http://project.wnyc.org/storm-radar/index.html?lat=34.1098&lon=-117.3352&zoom=8

I don't know if I'm really getting this weather map. Does the yellow area mean heaviest rainfall, moving out to blue is lightest?

It looks to me as though a strip leading from around Placentia up through San Bernardino isn't getting much rainfall at all?

I don't know what the link will show when anyone gets the chance to look - it's live.

http://project.wnyc.org/storm-radar/index.html?lat=34.1098&lon=-117.3352&zoom=8

Here in the Anaheim/Placentia/Yorba Linda area we've been in the midst of the crazy rain pattern. The rain is moving from west to east and diminishes in intensity as it goes from the ocean to the desert. This is the most unpredictable storm that I can remember. Right now it is sunny and clear, but that will probably change soon. So far this morning we have had torrential downpours that start and stop instantly, with accompanying loss of electricity, followed by clear skies. The mountain area has been receiving a lot of snow at higher elevations. There are a number of areas where hillsides are experiencing mudslides and/or washouts throughout the LA to San Bernadino area.

Thanks travelbug. That sounds just like English weather, though sinkholes are proving more of a problem than mudslides there.

I'm remembering poor Professor Krost is still out there too. I hope he can be found soon. It's a little disheartening that it was known exactly which trail he disappeared from but he still couldn't be found.

In the police report for the day Bob went missing, his mental condition is recorded as 'stable'. I hadn't noticed that before.

It makes it even odder in that case, that by the time daughter JuM talks to media the next day, there's suggestions of dementia flying around.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18264&d=1313011152

I think JuM planned on the "wandered away", " late cold feet" story from the beginning but since Fontelle made the actual missing persons report, thankfully she could give accurate info on his mental and physical condition.

Of course. And nobody back in California would have seen that report, I guess, immediately following Bob's disappearance.

Unless they went and requested it, but I'd find that highly unlikely as not a single daughter seemed to know they could go get copies of their mother's will, rather than asking Bob for it.

They also would not have seen that Fontelle had told LE JuM said Bob went missing at 11am. That's what the report says, and that's what Placentia PD still have on their webpage, which confused me like anything at first.

And of course, by the following day JuM was telling media Bob disappeared 'maybe one? Noon?', not knowing what Fontelle had already told LE.

It's her word against Fontelle's I suppose, and isn't proof of anything. But Fontelle did go to the trouble of actually getting what she knew and heard put in writing in a police report, and reporting Bob missing, so I'm inclined to trust her word on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member