CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JuM, Bob's youngest daughter, married to son in law who was working in Bob's house the day he disappeared;

Is alleged to have posted Bob disappeared 28 hrs ago, around 10am?
According to Fontelle, called her and said 'Daddy's missing since 11am'.
Did appear on camera the next day day and say Bob went missing 'Maybe one? Noon?

All within the timeframe of late Monday evening to Tuesday morning/afternoon.

It just doesn't make any sense. Was it son in law changing his mind and JuM was just repeating what her husband was telling her, or what?

BBM~~~~~~~~

Interesting, JuM in her posting the day after her father disappeared:

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:50PM – JuM Post on ROTW

I need to request positive thoughts and prayers. My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago. We suspect foul play, but want to remain as positive; his new wife will be arriving with her belongings tomorrow. My father's name is Robert Harrod in Placentia; his new wife Fontelle Heeter-Harrod is just besides herself, please pray for his safe return.

Timeline issues aside, note JUM suspects foul play at least 24 hours before LE does. According to Det. Loomis via the Disappeared episode stated it wasn't until after Bob missed Fontelle's arrival.

There is a reason JuM suspects foul play before LE does, and she pin points, almost to the minute the time the last verified time someone called Bob.

There are some clues there - before she went silent.

I wonder if they have any idea how their silence appears when they insisted it was someone outside the family? ..

I suppose they may all just be sitting back and letting the police do their job, but the trouble with that is, the police always need help. And people are bound to think it's suspicious if family are not actively helping/pushing LE to find their missing love one.

They might be for all I know, but I suspect not. Starting from the first days when Bob went missing and Det Loomis hadn't even been told where one daughter lived, through the silent years with no word at all from son in law and the lack of any vigils, appeals, etc.

I think it does appear very strange to outsiders, no matter what spin is put on it.

There is an OC (kind of) case going on that I hadn't heard of - Divorce attorney Robert Fischer of San Clemente OC, was alleged and found guilty of murdering his son in law in AZ, but it's being overturned now and he must be set free.

I have been trying to make sense of the last sentence at the link that apparently explains everything, and why prosecutors haven't given up, but I can't make sense of it all.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/robert_douglas_fischer_jail_re.php#more

O/T I smashed the inside of my ipad. It stopped working but now it's okay. Very odd - the screen's shattered but it is underneath somehow and I can't feel any cracks or jagged edges on the surface of the glass. I wanna take it apart and see how they're made now! I did it rushing to try and varnish a table during an adjournment in a trial I'm following....

'prosecutors sought the dismissal as a procedural move so they can appeal Mullins having overturned a jury's verdict that Fischer is guilty of murder.'

This is the sentence at that link I cannot make sense of.

There is no good reason for silence if the family really believes someone outside the family was involved. The only thing that would remotely make sense is wanting to protect that person outside the family.

But since Bob's daughters already named who they believed was a 'suspect' and sued that person, I can't imagine them wanting to protect their 'suspect'.

We are a few months away from the 5th anniversary of Bob's disappearance. I find myself wondering what kind of surprising events might occur at that time. I'm also wondering how soon after -or on- a petition is made with the courts to have Bob declared deceased. Another mad rush for the money?

Time will tell.....all.

Perhaps at that time, it will actually be revealed how much money there was - and how much is left now?

It would be interesting to know how much of a 'frozen' account can be spent. Media articles did make a point of reporting Bob's account was frozen at first. That took away any pressure or speculation his disappearance was motivated by money, in my opinion, and I've always wondered who released that information.

I suppose....police can keep a check on accounts, to see if they are used, but don't have the power to freeze them. It's probably a legal process that has to be undertaken.

So I guess anyone could say an account was frozen, but it couldn't be disproved unless someone complained, or police were checking and noticed movement on the accounts. I am not sure police could actually do anything to stop that though, if the person making any transactions had - or was about to get - some sort of legal rights over the estate.

In this month in 2009, Bob would have just passed the one year anniversary of his first wife's death. I suspect it must have been extremely difficult for him, and he would never have imagined that by summer he would be blissfully, happily married again and looking forward to a whole new life.

Somebody decided to rip all that away from Bob and Fontelle just four months later, and leave Fontelle with years of agony, not knowing where her husband is. It's chilling to me, to think such a person may still be walking around, free as a bird, laughing, working, talking, eating, making new friends. I wonder if they ever stop to think of the torment they have caused, and are causing still?

In this month in 2009, Bob would have just passed the one year anniversary of his first wife's death. I suspect it must have been extremely difficult for him, and he would never have imagined that by summer he would be blissfully, happily married again and looking forward to a whole new life.

Somebody decided to rip all that away from Bob and Fontelle just four months later, and leave Fontelle with years of agony, not knowing where her husband is. It's chilling to me, to think such a person may still be walking around, free as a bird, laughing, working, talking, eating, making new friends. I wonder if they ever stop to think of the torment they have caused, and are causing still?

In response to your last sentence, I sure hope so. Maybe, just maybe they will find a conscience somewhere and actually help with this situation.

In response to your last sentence, I sure hope so. Maybe, just maybe they will find a conscience somewhere and actually help with this situation.

As sad as it makes me, I think the likelyhood of someone finding a conscience and coming forward is about as likely as Casey Anthony telling the truth about what happened to her daughter.

Everytime I think about someone coming forward due to having a conscience, my mind immediately goes back to JuM's bubbling glee when describing how much she enjoys watching coyote's toss and kill their prey.

I am certain we could dig it up if anyone wanted to see it for themselves. I actually wondered at the time if anyone who received her messages reached out to LE. I think I would have.

I think that JuM is no different in her posting style than her sisters. Voluminous at a minimum. A few more examples-JuM is a vegetarian who eats meat, and a soft hearted defender of animals who enjoys watching the coyotes hunt prey in her back yard...she particularly admires the way they throw them into the air before killing them. She lauds her husband for shooting squirrels in the eye with a BB gun and she uses pressure washers to remove birds from the exterior of her house. This is illegal. She feeds black bears and actually took photos of her DH leaving dog food. Blatantly illegal and she was chastised by California Fish and Game for it. She was cited openly on ROTW for it-luckily for her it was a misdemeanor offense.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

Does anyone have a copy of JuM's original post? I'm looking but haven't found it yet.

The delight she describes in observing these things speaks volumes.

Skeletal Remains Could be Linked to Cold Murder Case

[KHTS] – Sheriff’s Department officials reported Sunday that Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner personnel recovered the skeletal remains of an adult man over the weekend, which were found in a ravine off Ridge Route Road and Highway 138 in Gorman.
Officials are working to identify and solve a possible Gorman murder case that could be four years old, officials said Sunday.

http://scvnews.com/2014/03/17/skeletal-remains-could-be-linked-to-cold-murder-case/

The article also indicates evidence recovered at the scene indicates the victim did not die as a result of a brush fire in the area.

I wonder how they determined the case could be four years old, and what type of evidence was recovered at the scene.

After a second day of scouring a scorched area near Gorman where human remains were found, homicide detectives now believe the victim met with foul play about four years ago.

In an update released by detectives with the Homicide Bureau of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, investigators revealed for the first time that the victim was a man.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/116372/

BBM~~~~~

The timing is right.

No doubt. It was the timing that really jumped out at me.

I can't think of, or don't know of, any other males in the area who are missing and thought to be victims of foul play which occurred about 4 years ago.

I hope they are able to make an ID soon.

I see speculation in comments about young missing Bryce Laspisa. I do not think it can be him, for several reasons.

Is there any info about the cause of the fire? Is it just pure coincidence a natural brush fire has led to the discovery of a body, or has a worried killer returned to try and cover their tracks? The fire only started Friday....

Bryce Laspisa's family have been in touch with the coroner's officer. But Bryce has not yet been missing even one year, until August.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Here is a map showing (far bottom right) where the remains have been found. Lake Castaic where Bryce vanished after crashing his car is also circled, but again, I do not believe it can be him.

I'll post a map showing the distance from Placentia in a minute.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors