CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 97 miles and over two hours drive away from Placentia. If this is Bob, it begs the question why his abductor might have left his body there, and where his abductor lives, or was going to, or why he/she went to that area. Familiarity, maybe from the distant past?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 15
Good find Cub....that would be awesome if Mr. Harrod, not that he is gone of course, but found....oh to be a fly on the wall, in several places:)

shoot that locale could work, make a big ole circle around or there and back, ya never know

real life is too crazy- popped in a sec-checking on Mr H & dear Hailey

Wouldn't it be something if these remains belong to Bob? The remains in Gorman were found on the 6th anniversary of Bob's first wife Georgia passing, March 15th.

Si Young Yoon is missing from Lancaster County since 2008. It's very close. Police suspect foul play.

http://www.missingin.org/reg4599/si_young_yoon.htm

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Murder-charges-filed-in-deaths-of-4-people-3207661.php

People connected with the case had a taste for fire, but that may not mean anything in these circumstances.

I don't think these remains could be Si Young Yoon. When LE said about 4 years, I think that means cases in 2009 or early 2010.

I just heard about this...praying that he has finally been found!!

“There were some injuries to the skull and at least one that leads us to believe a firearm was involved,” she said. “We’re waiting on information from the coroner to confirm.

“Once we have the autopsy results, we’ll know better,” she said.
<snip>

“Detectives believe foul play was involved and that the victim’s body has been at the location for an extended period of time, possibly up to four years,” according to a statement issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Shonka noted, however: “Four years is just approximate.”

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/116372/

umm there is another missing man from close to where remains found, Dennis Dobrovolny
http://mountainenterprise.com/story...etectives-research-body-near-old-ridge-route/

he has a thread here, but no posts

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dobrovolny_dennis.html

There are some more articles on DD's disappearance. I don't have time to link them all, but one of the MSM articles indicates his home was a crime scene.

It's probably more likely these remains belong to Dennis than Bob due to the proximity of the location of DD's home. DD fits the time frame too.

Investigators appear to have just a skull (including a mandible with at least some dentals as fillings are reported) and maybe fragments of bone, and a shoe that may be connected, according to other reports. Bags of earth have been collected so other remains may be discovered.

We know Bob had his own teeth, but don't know if he had fillings or not, I think?

Medical examination starts Tuesday. Hoping there are enough dentals for an identification to be made quickly, rather than a DNA match having to be made. And that's presuming there is going to be a match, and this person doesn't join the seemingly endless list of UIDs.....hope not.

One heartening thing from this - I guess that crevice there has seen a few floods and now fire. But that person was found. Possibly because nature burned the trees away that had concealed him, and maybe water had already washed away the soil?

It's not really a crevice....more a deep ditch or culvert/runoff, I think? Definitely a vehicle drop off, I'd think. Someone in a hurry to get a dead person out of their car...

Now there are three sets of loved ones waiting on identification of this body, that we know of;

Bob harrod's
Bryce Laspisa's
Dennis Dobrovolny's.

Having a missing person in the family is just dreadful. And I would beg anyone, please, please be curious about anything suspicious you see on your travels, and please report absolutely any human remains you find, even if you think they are 1,000 years old!

http://www.carlreese.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=562

Investigators appear to have just a skull (including a mandible with at least some dentals as fillings are reported) and maybe fragments of bone, and a shoe that may be connected, according to other reports. Bags of earth have been collected so other remains may be discovered.

We know Bob had his own teeth, but don't know if he had fillings or not, I think?

Medical examination starts Tuesday. Hoping there are enough dentals for an identification to be made quickly, rather than a DNA match having to be made. And that's presuming there is going to be a match, and this person doesn't join the seemingly endless list of UIDs.....hope not.

One heartening thing from this - I guess that crevice there has seen a few floods and now fire. But that person was found. Possibly because nature burned the trees away that had concealed him, and maybe water had already washed away the soil?

Zwei, if Bob had most of his own teeth, it is almost 100% that he had extensive restorative work during his lifetime, which would allow a dental ID. Quite a large percentage of elderly people, (in Australia at least), are partially dentate, and have only their lower six anterior teeth only, and these are often quite worn, but not filled. (This week I saw a chap in his mid 70s with an erupting upper wisdom tooth. It sure wasn't there six months ago, and as the area has no teeth, I have no idea why it is erupting now, nor any x rays of that region of his mouth, so you can get surprised)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member