CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why do they want her out of the house?
I think the hairdresser is the red herring Bobs family is trying to toss out there. Unless there is some kind of paper trail documenting a very large amount of missing money that can't be accounted for and some fancy stuff the Hairdresser would no way afford I don't see her and her husband being involved either.

JMO and just my gut.

That is the way I see it. As with daughter P's phonecall on the morning of July 27th.........this too seems strangely worded and staged:

On Aug 11, 2009, P posted on IS forum that “There was a report that my BIL saw the type of car that the POI drives go by my Dad's house very slowly and then pull over on the wrong side of the street.”

On Aug 12, 2009, P posted on IS “Heard from BIL that a car matching the description of hers was seen earlier that morning.”

Daughter P posted on 8/11/2009~~~~ "There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

His daughter, R, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

suzyq211:
I agree. This is a support forum for Robert Harrod, not his daughters and not Fontelle and not the hairdresser. (not that anyone has supprorted her)

You are correct. I did set up the FB page and the myspace page. Once I did so, I turned them over to the daughters and asked them to change the passwords.
I dont know why the pages were not utilized.

(thinking... make a new fb page?_will give it some thought)

When I started posting on this thread it was because I saw the story in the OC Register. My parents live just a mile from Bob Harrod and my Mom is around the same age. My Dad is 10 years older. I love my father and I could never do anything to hurt him let alone have anything to do with his disappearance. BUT, I kept reading posts that seeminly had nothing to do with finding Bob. I found myself defending the daughters on a daily basis and reading about probate matters, timelines zeroing in on the daughters, and everything to do with money matters and backstabbing instead of finding Bob. It is frustrating!! There are many missing persons here on W/S and many times we get that gut feeling. Well, I post here because I have always had that gut feeling that the hairdresser had something to do with Bob missing from the start! I wish I could go to the PPD with this but all I can tell them is I have a gut feeling! I want to find Bob. I wish we could put our heads together and forget about money matters and probate hearings and follow leads...Doesn't Bob deserve that much?

They spoke the truth of their father and people just couldnt handle it!! We are supposed to love and respect our parents and speak highly of them BUT what do you do when you see you mother dying and your father will not spend the money to make her dying days more comfortable and peaceful. Would'nt you call him stingy, frugal, a tightwad..This is the only thing I remember reading about Mr Harrod but that would be enough for me. Not every father deserves respect. Yes, it is sad that he went missing. The daughters were still mourning the loss of their mother when he decides to marry someone from the past and he doesnt even prepare the daughters. This must really hurt all three daughters. They must be torn because they have had to deal with a distant father and now miss him because he is missing.

BBM

How do we know Mr. Harrod would not spend money to make his dying wife more comfortable?

In fact, Mr. Harrod's daughter J posts on another forum. When her mother was ill she mentions several times in her posts about all the care her mother is receiving. Even after her mother passed away she never mentioned anything negative about her father's treatment of her mother.

The truth seemed to be the opposite of the portrait some are now painting of Mr. Harrod.

Example:

"I have a request... would you send my dad some warm thoughts as his beloved Sassy (15 yr old Pomeranian) is ready for the Rainbow Bridge. I hate to see him alone but he will not leave her side, just as he would not leave my mom's side. His neighbors that bought our home are the most wonderful people, they are always bringing him food and welcome him as family. He is blessed they are such good people and she is a wonderful cook. Have a great day."

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4506

What concerns me about the missing $50,000. Where is this info coming from? Court docs or heresay? Has it been proven this money was in fact given to the hairdresser? Where charges for 'senior abuse' or something like that ever pressed against the hairdresser? Or is it possible this was a loan from Bob to the hair dresser? Or is it possible Bob did not give this money to the hair dresser and stashed it somewhere and if he left of his own accord could be living off this money? In other words, is the money unaccounted for or can it be proven it was given to the hair dresser?

jmo

All I know for reference is what was posted on another forum (so hearsay). It appears from what they posted that there were checks written (see below), so if true, Bob wasn’t stashing money away to leave. Daughter P posted on Aug 14, 2009 that she was the one in contact with Bob at the time, that she was trying to get close to what was going on so that she could “observe the situation.” Don’t know if they got access to his checkbook and/or bank statement info before or after he went missing.

Daughter R posted that on Aug 13, 2009 that it was a known fact that Bob had offered “more money than you can imagine” in his desperate quest to buy a girlfriend caregiver prior to Fontelle’s arrival. She posted that “it is a known fact that he wrote checks to her to the tune of over $50,000 that we know of.”

Daughter R posted on Aug 14, 2009 that the hairdresser “bilked $$$ from D in TOTAL amt somewhere in excess of $50,000, but paid out in varying amounts during the 16 month period after our Mother passed away and also a check was written to her on 7/3, after D married F.

When I started posting on this thread it was because I saw the story in the OC Register. My parents live just a mile from Bob Harrod and my Mom is around the same age. My Dad is 10 years older. I love my father and I could never do anything to hurt him let alone have anything to do with his disappearance. BUT, I kept reading posts that seeminly had nothing to do with finding Bob. I found myself defending the daughters on a daily basis and reading about probate matters, timelines zeroing in on the daughters, and everything to do with money matters and backstabbing instead of finding Bob. It is frustrating!! There are many missing persons here on W/S and many times we get that gut feeling. Well, I post here because I have always had that gut feeling that the hairdresser had something to do with Bob missing from the start! I wish I could go to the PPD with this but all I can tell them is I have a gut feeling! I want to find Bob. I wish we could put our heads together and forget about money matters and probate hearings and follow leads...Doesn't Bob deserve that much?

All information and persons need to be looked at. That's one of the points of this forum. People have also sent emails to the media asking them to do a story, have contacted the PPD, and Dreamweaver setup a FB and MS page. Unless the family organizes a search or a vigil, or sets up a reward fund, what else would you like us to do?

What leads are you referring to that we should be following?

Bob deserves justice period. IMO, there is a good reason to focus on the money matters and backstabbing. As long as family members keep killing each other over money, I'm going to keep looking at that as a possible motive. I don't know why many think it's a stretch to consider the family responsible here as it happens ALL THE TIME. IMO and this is IMO, is I see more that makes the family look guilty than I do that makes them look innocent. They had the means, motive and opportunity. Again, IMO.

To ignore the money and the backstabbing would be ignoring the obvious.

All information and persons need to be looked at. That's one of the points of this forum. People have also sent emails to the media asking them to do a story, have contacted the PPD, and Dreamweaver setup a FB and MS page. Unless the family organizes a search or a vigil, or sets up a reward fund, what else would you like us to do?

What leads are you referring to that we should be following?

Well the PPD can't tell us much but I'd really like to know about the cell phone that the hairdresser gave Bob. I'd like to know if the hairdresser took a polygraph. If the hairdresser had an alibi for the day Bob went missing..did her son? CaExile did say he saw her son over there on occasion. If hairdresser did get $50,000 from Bob she may not have wanted to pay him back if he was asking for that now that he had Fontelle back in his life..Motive?? And what really scares me is that it has been said that hairdresser has been said to have made friends with a very vulnerable Fontelle..WHY??

Bob deserves justice period. IMO, there is a good reason to focus on the money matters and backstabbing. As long as family members keep killing each other over money, I'm going to keep looking at that as a possible motive. I don't know why many think it's a stretch to consider the family responsible here as it happens ALL THE TIME. IMO and this is IMO, is I see more that makes the family look guilty than I do that makes them look innocent. They had the means, motive and opportunity. Again, IMO.

To ignore the money and the backstabbing would be ignoring the obvious.

I agree, SuziQ. But just as many strangers kill over money and lots of elderly folks - men and women - are taken advantage of when they are vulnerable. I guess that's why I'm just not sure it's as cut and dried as it seems - IMO.

But I'm sure LE is looking at everything we're looking at - and much more. And I'm thinking that the evidence they find is what will lead to finding Bob. I assume that's why no further searches have been conducted. They won't know where to look until something points them there.

It's easy to dissect the comments made by the daughters - because that's pretty much all we've seen. I sure wish there were comments by the others close to the case that we could give equal time!

But I don't see that happening any time soon. It's rare, but some folks DO know when to shutup! Clearly, the daughters are not in that group.

Excellent post believe. I don't know when it was discovered the 50 grand was unaccounted for. It may have been from after the 6 month sebaticcal.
Also an investigation into possible elder abuse by the hair dresser, IIUC, (if I understand correctly) has since been closed by Social Services is what I am seeing.

I don't recall if we've ever seen when Social Services was called. But I had always thought it was before the six month "break" - and possibly even the cause of the break. But that's just my own feeling.

Daughter P posted on 8/11/2009~~~~ "There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

His daughter, R, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

Whose will? Bob's or his deceased wife's?

BBM-I guess I am confused as to why everything isnt fair game for discussion when we are talking about a missing man? I mean, if there is 50K unaccounted for, why is this not a case of him walking away from the hen-fight going on with his family over money? Just asking, not stating it is...

Well the PPD can't tell us much but I'd really like to know about the cell phone that the hairdresser gave Bob. I'd like to know if the hairdresser took a polygraph. If the hairdresser had an alibi for the day Bob went missing..did her son? CaExile did say he saw her son over there on occasion. If hairdresser did get $50,000 from Bob she may not have wanted to pay him back if he was asking for that now that he had Fontelle back in his life..Motive?? And what really scares me is that it has been said that hairdresser has been said to have made friends with a very vulnerable Fontelle..WHY??

Does this mean any of the players in the case have taken polys? Why not give everyone one....JMO.

Does this mean any of the players in the case have taken polys? Why not give everyone one....JMO.

We don't know who took and who didn't...just this reference.
-----

Bob Harrod's newlywed wife, Fontelle Harrod, said late last year that police were giving polygraph tests to family members and those close to Bob Harrod.

[snipped]

Loomis confirmed that police were using a lie-detector test, but would not disclose publicly the results or to whom the tests would be administered.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-232302-bob-police.html

Thanks for the answer Fairy-wasnt the will already probated? So it was a matter of public record...they could have gone to the courthouse and picked up copies if it was already entered.

I actually think that the probate info added to the timeline is very helpful and I want to thank those who are keeping on top of it.

From where I sit, Bob was free to lend money, buy care, have girlfriends or whatever. No one seems to be indicating that he was not of sound mind-the calls regarding him possibly spending money on the hairdresser seem mean spirited from my perspective, fwiw.

Now, if you believe the hairdresser was milking Bob for what she could get, why the heck would she be involved with disappearing him? That is the end to the golden goose. There is no will or life insurance in her name, right??

This makes NO SENSE to me as a potential motive.

All we have right now are the daughters and son in law indicating that Bob disappeared at some point between 10am and 12PM. They have to expect to be looked at closely.

I hope he is sitting on a beach in Mexico with a margarita shaking his head....but that makes little sense since he was preparing for the permanent arrival of his new wife.

In the timeline I put together I had "May?" for the first time family contacted social services and they did an investigation, based on a comment posted by R in early Aug 09. Apologies for that, as it may be incorrect and misleading, since we don‘t know exactly when this was.

Daughter R posted that social services conducted an investigation several months ago and were told Bob did not want to pursue the issue. They were again contacted by family before Bob went missing and the investigator showed up two days after he went missing.

Speculation: Was the first investigation the cause for Bob distancing himself? I wonder when/how the daughters found out what checks Bob had written to the hairdresser (hearsay $50K in total)? If it was before Bob went missing, perhaps that was cause for requesting a second investigation.

-------

Information on how the county adult protective service agency investigates reports of known or suspected abuse and neglect:
  • Adult Protective Service (APS) agencies conduct investigations to determine the validity of the elder and dependent adult abuse reports it has accepted.
  • The investigations are typically conducted by APS social workers, who attempt an "in-person" or face-to-face contact with the person reported or determined to be in need of adult protective services.
    [*]If there is a report of an immediate life threat, imminent danger, or a crisis
    in an existing case, the APS worker will attempt to immediately make an in-person contact with the elder or dependent adult for purposes of intake or intervention.
  • The APS worker will also provide an immediate in-person response when a local law enforcement agency requests it.
  • There are certain circumstances when an in-person response is not required by an APS worker.
http://www.ocgov.com/ocgov/Social%20Services%20Agency/Abuse%20Reporting/Elder%20Disabled/Why%20Report/Facts%20on%20Financial%20Abuse#infooninvestigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#