CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Daughter P)"I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way."

I find the wording of this post very strange. Seems to me daughter P is giving the SIL an alibi by saying she heard him announce he was going to the hardware store.

Also, why would P state that her father was "obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning?" That is a strange thing to say.

I wonder if someone checked Mr. Harrod's answering machine after he disappeared. (Hopefully no one erased any messages) The times of any messages left would give us a better timeline on when Mr. Harrod disappeared.

Or phone records...it would be nice to have phone records that documented the calls as well as her's. I mean, if she spoke with him between 11 and 12, then it took SIL a long time to drive to home depot. I never did have any luck finding a home depot that took 2 hours and 40 minutes to get to, but 30 minutes to return from. :(

you know, I wonder if SIL had a friend he stopped and visited? They used to live next door to Bob and Georgia, correct? Maybe he had someone he knew in the area that he was catching up with. Maybe that is who the paperplates and soda were for...perhaps they were having a Monday bbq?

you know, I wonder if SIL had a friend he stopped and visited? They used to live next door to Bob and Georgia, correct? Maybe he had someone he knew in the area that he was catching up with. Maybe that is who the paperplates and soda were for...perhaps they were having a Monday bbq?

Hmmm. SIL also had a son, Mr. Harrod's grandson, in the area. IIRC, he lived less than a half mile from his grandfather's house.

Now that would be interesting, Angelo, if he spent a period of time there on his way to Home Depot. I dont know how old grandson/son's children are, but perhaps there was a visit with the grandkids. I am certain if this were the case, PPD would have that information. :)

O/T Check out this website I found when google searching how to break down a door, specifically an interior one:

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/04/08/how-to-break-down-a-door/

How to break down a door

If you have watched enough movies, your next move is a no brainer….run at the door shoulder first, right? Wrong. This technique may be uber-manly, but it will probably dislocate your shoulder. It is better to employ a more forceful and well placed kick.

Check to see which way the door opens by checking the hinges. If the door opens towards you, kicking it down is going to be next to impossible. Kicking a door down is best employed on a door that swings away from you.

Kick to the side of where the lock is mounted (near the keyhole). This is typically the weakest part of the door.

Using a front kick, drive the heel of your foot into the door. Give the kick forward momentum and keep your balance by driving the heel of your standing foot into the ground. Don’t kick the lock itself; this could break your foot.
The wood should begin to splinter. Today most doors are made of soft wood and are hollow. They should give way fairly easily, especially since the lock’s deadlock bolt extends only an inch or less into the door frame. Older, completely solid doors will prove more resistant. Just keep on kicking until the door gives way and you can save the day.

Avoid jump kicks. While you may be tempted to employ this manly move, jumping diminishes your stability which causes you to lose power.

I thought this was HILARIOUS...no offense to those of you who are manly. I would also like to clarify that I am not looking to kick down any doors, but who knows it could be good info.

(Daughter P)"I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way."[/I]

I find the wording of this post very strange. Seems to me daughter P is giving the SIL an alibi by saying she heard him announce he was going to the hardware store.

Also, why would P state that her father was "obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning?" That is a strange thing to say.

I wonder if someone checked Mr. Harrod's answering machine after he disappeared. (Hopefully no one erased any messages) The times of any messages left would give us a better timeline on when Mr. Harrod disappeared.

BBM
I have always found her statement to be very odd and awkward...

Now that would be interesting, Angelo, if he spent a period of time there on his way to Home Depot. I dont know how old grandson/son's children are, but perhaps there was a visit with the grandkids. I am certain if this were the case, PPD would have that information. :)

They lived so close, that it is possible that Bob walked over there, or his grandson walked to Bob's place. (All the more reason I think we'd all be curious about surveillance video from the streets around the two residences, and I'm certain that PPD would be a step ahead of us on this point.)

You'd also have to think it's really very likely that there was some communication between the SiL and the grandson that day, seeing as the SiL came all the way from Running Springs, and the grandson lived a stone's throw from Bob.

They lived so close, that it is possible that Bob walked over there, or his grandson walked to Bob's place. (All the more reason I think we'd all be curious about surveillance video from the streets around the two residences, and I'm certain that PPD would be a step ahead of us on this point.)

You'd also have to think it's really very likely that there was some communication between the SiL and the grandson that day, seeing as the SiL came all the way from Running Springs, and the grandson lived a stone's throw from Bob.

Just wondering...was the Grandson working at the time?

OMGosh! What if we have it all backwards? Granted it seems natural that the last known person to see Bob would bear some scrutiny-but I forgot how tight the bonds are in this family. What if SIL was not the only one who visited Bob that morning?

AH was or was not at the family meeting the prior day?

Even if he wasnt, it seems somewhat far fetched that the group would NOT stop at his home after the meeting to deliver the news and possibly visit the children. I mean, the trust owns his house so he somewhat had a stake in the conversation.

Hmmmm.....

Didn't the grandson also have access to Bob's house? Daughter P wrote: "Had nephew try to go through garage on Tuesday, he could not get through because of all the boxes, but the garage was opened upon "F"'s arrival and there was nothing there" on 12 Aug 09 on IS.

So, I guess he could have entered whether or not his father being there -- or, for that matter, with or without Bob's consent.

Didn't the grandson also have access to Bob's house? Daughter P wrote: "Had nephew try to go through garage on Tuesday, he could not get through because of all the boxes, but the garage was opened upon "F"'s arrival and there was nothing there" on 12 Aug 09 on IS.

So, I guess he could have entered whether or not his father being there -- or, for that matter, with or without Bob's consent.

Right. There looks to be multiple entrances to Mr. Harrod's home. We know there was a front and back door. In most houses there is a garage door that opens into the house. Perhaps there is a side-door into the garage as well. Many people keep their door which leads from the garage to the house unlocked.

I wonder if grandson moved some boxes around in the garage on Tuesday, July 28th, to cover for a space left when a piece of furniture was possibly removed from the garage.

This is pure speculation, but imo, Bobs missing keys are missing not because he left with them, but the perp who caused harm to him helped themself to those keys when leaving Bobs home Monday the 27th. It would likely explain access to the home, outside of appearances needing to be kept with LE when asking the neighbor to let LE in for the well being check.

What I would like to know is if Bobs home was occupied without his consent from the time LE visited for the well being check until Fontelle's arrival Wednesday. It would be interesting, imo, to see phone records from Bobs home from Monday through the time Fontelle arrived Wednesday.

JMO

ETA: Imo, and this is only my opinion, there are far too many inconsistencies in the timeline and the incredibly vague/odd statements and behavior coming from Bobs daughters, and the silence from SIL and AH to believe a thing they've stated. Their credibility is shot with me. I'd be hard pressed to believe I stand alone with regards to their credibility at this stage of the investigation.

JMVHO

Posted by Cubby:

ETA: Imo, and this is only my opinion, there are far too many inconsistencies in the timeline and the incredibly vague/odd statements and behavior coming from Bobs daughters, and the silence from SIL and AH to believe a thing they've stated. Their credibility is shot with me. I'd be hard pressed to believe I stand alone with regards to their credibility at this stage of the investigation.
<snipped> BBM

I'm with you!!!!

Well, I do believe that the SiL went to home depot, and that he let the housekeeper in. That's about it, though.

JMO, but I think that all three of Bob's daughters must know of what the SiL and/or AH did, as I can't find any other way to explain their actions since then. I think there is the potential for multiple people to end up imprisoned here, as accessories after the fact, or charged with some sort of obstruction.

Well, I do believe that the SiL went to home depot, and that he let the housekeeper in. That's about it, though.

JMO, but I think that all three of Bob's sisters must know of what the SiL and/or AH did, as I can't find any other way to explain their actions since then. I think there is the potential for multiple people to end up imprisoned here, as accessories after the fact, or charged with some sort of obstruction.

I keep hoping against hope that not all of his immediate family were in on
some kind of murder and cover up.

note: I do think you meant Bob's daughters, not sisters.

JMO, but I think that all three of Bob's sisters must know of what the SiL and/or AH did, as I can't find any other way to explain their actions since then. I think there is the potential for multiple people to end up imprisoned here, as accessories after the fact, or charged with some sort of obstruction.

I could not have said it better. The above likely explains why Bobs daughters continued to toss the hairdresser and her husband under the bus AFTER LE OFFICIALLY CLEARED them.

Any 'normal' family would be overjoyed the list of possible POI's would narrow. Instead, this family went on an increased rampage dismissing not only MSM or main stream media but completely dismissed LE's reports back to them. It's been a campaign to play the shell game ever since.

Anyone else feel like a puppeteer with the sanitizing of info on the WWW after it is mentioned here at WS? It is almost as childish as playing the simon says game.....

If it is THAT OBVIOUS to us, how many who choose to read only and not comment is it obvious to?

I fully agree, when the can of worms is fully opened and disclosed it will make 'pop goes the weasle' look like watching grass grow or paint dry on the wall.

JMO but I think the longer all 'clan' together the more who will eventually face charges. Which is fine with me. Especially if no one is willing to stand up for Bob, the ONLY VICTIM here despite whatever shell game his family continues to play.

tick tick tick tick, save the tricks for halloween.
Justice WILL COME FOR BOB!

JMO of course.

Just to clarify some terminology, here is an online definition of 'accessory after the fact':

"Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18 "

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/a007.htm

Hm...sound familiar?

JMO but I think the longer all 'clan' together the more who will eventually face charges. Which is fine with me. Especially if no one is willing to stand up for Bob, the ONLY VICTIM here despite whatever shell game his family continues to play.

Yes, I'm sure a lot of people are so upset with Bob's daughters that they would want all to pay. That being said, if one does the right thing, she might redeem herself. (And possibly be the only person left to inherit?)

yes, i'm sure a lot of people are so upset with bob's daughters that they would want all to pay. That being said, if one does the right thing, she might redeem herself. (and possibly be the only person left to inherit?)

good point!!!

JMO, but I think that all three of Bob's daughters must know of what the SiL and/or AH did, as I can't find any other way to explain their actions since then. I think there is the potential for multiple people to end up imprisoned here, as accessories after the fact, or charged with some sort of obstruction.

Agree. They knew either before the deed was done, or after. I am not so sure a second Sunday meeting didn't take place after they left Mr. Harrod's on July 26th.

The daughters went on a campaign to smear their father and others immediately after Mr. Harrod disappeared. This was done IMO to deliberately point the finger of suspicion away from the individuals responsible for Mr. Harrod's disappearance. Additionally, they hoped no one would care about a mean, cold, elderly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018