CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time for news about Mr. Harrod.

Hopefully some of the technology which was used in Lynsie's case will be applied to Mr. Harrod's case.

Ditto Angelo.

I wonder what if anything is happening in the forclosure case on the grandsons home.

I also wonder where the DNA comparison to the remains found in Lucerne Valley stands. Last I checked Bobs NamUs page STILL had not been updated to reflect the dna and dentals being available, if they are in fact available. I sure hope PPD is able to obtain the mitochondrial DNA for Bob, as we all know it is far more stable than nuclear dna.

Praying for answers to Bobs case, the investigators who are working the case, and that Bob haunts the person or persons responsible for his disappearance and likely murder nightly in their dreams. I hope their conscience eats away at them until the come clean. Maybe one of the group responsible, if there is more than one perp, will save their butt and make a deal - confessing what they know.

We can only continue to pray...

Still following along here guys - just waiting for that big break. I just wanted to say - LOVE your new Bob avatars! So cute. You all ROCK!

In simple words......Those who have information on what happened to Mr. Harrod need to stop playing games, come forward and tell the truth.

It is only a matter of time before the truth catches up with them.

In simple words......Those who have information on what happened to Mr. Harrod need to stop playing games, come forward and tell the truth.

It is only a matter of time before the truth catches up with them.

If they are all in cahoots, it's just a matter of time. Someone will spill it. IMO.

If they are all in cahoots, it's just a matter of time. Someone will spill it. IMO.

I hope so, otherwise the collateral damage will spill over to those who have the least control. Bobs precious ggc. It would be terrible for them...

hopefully someone comes forward soon.

jmo

Still thinking about SIL, and the fact that he did not accompany his wife J back to Mr. Harrod's house after Mr. Harrod disappeared.

On July 28, 2009, J is interviewed while at the house.

Reporter: “J says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
J: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
J: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

We also know SIL said he saw a suspicious vehicle lurking in the area.

Why would SIL let his wife return to the house without him after the strange events of the day before?

Would be nice to know what the housekeeper saw on July 27, 2009. What was SIL's demeanor when he found her waiting? What, if any, repairs were going on while she was there that afternoon.

I think we all can envision what the housekeeper saw and what the lynchpin is to the investigation being forwarded to Homicide :(.

Why would SIL let his wife return to the house without him after the strange events of the day before?

By daughter J's account, "to get the house ready, linens changed for (Bob) and his wife." Under any circumstances, a trip from Running Springs to Placentia to do this would seem odd, especially on the heels of a visit from a housekeeper and the SiL (who would be capable of making a bed). Also, if not done by the housekeeper or Bob, who had been changing Bob's linens when Bob cut off contact from his family for 6 months (reportedly 6 months, but who knows, it could have been intended to be indefinitely)? Daughter J also seems not to have been working on the 27th, so why didn't she accompany her husband then, rather than going alone the next day (for no proper reason) when there had been mysterious happenings and a suspicious vehicle? Let us not forget, Running Springs to Placentia is no short trip -- probably about 1h20 mins to 2h (depending on traffic) each way. So, let's say about three hours of round-trip driving to change linens that did not need to be changed, a day after a housekeeper's visit, in a possibly unsafe location.

More strangers are looking for Mr Bob than people who actually knew him. Even if he was a disagreeable ol' cuss, the man deserves better than the buzzards circling overhead until the time they can get their dirty, greedy hands into his money.

By daughter J's account, "to get the house ready, linens changed for (Bob) and his wife." Under any circumstances, a trip from Running Springs to Placentia to do this would seem odd, especially on the heels of a visit from a housekeeper and the SiL (who would be capable of making a bed). Also, if not done by the housekeeper or Bob, who had been changing Bob's linens when Bob cut off contact from his family for 6 months (reportedly 6 months, but who knows, it could have been intended to be indefinitely)? Daughter J also seems not to have been working on the 27th, so why didn't she accompany her husband then, rather than going alone the next day (for no proper reason) when there had been mysterious happenings and a suspicious vehicle? Let us not forget, Running Springs to Placentia is no short trip -- probably about 1h20 mins to 2h (depending on traffic) each way. So, let's say about three hours of round-trip driving to change linens that did not need to be changed, a day after a housekeeper's visit, in a possibly unsafe location.

BBM. Excellent point! I hadn't really thought about it, but it makes no bloody sense that J would have made a second 3 hour or so round trip on Tuesday to change the linens on Bobs bed when her darling husband was making that trip on Monday - when Bob went missing.

Really makes one wonder what the real reason was for the need to change linens a full day later...and why the linens could not be changed the same day SIL was doing 'odd jobs' and repairs on Bobs home.

Hmmmm........

eta: if there were really strange happenings- as reported - there is no way a loving husband would allow his wife to go back alone. Especially after the disappearance of a loved family member. No, I think the cold feet theory was tossed out there as a filter to dispell any questions on why (and the real reason) daughter J' would go back the following day. Come to think of it there are a whole lot of filters the daughters have tossed out there to keep folks guessing. Common sense tells me the logic doesn't hold up. I sure hope when PPD is ready to make an arrest it comes as much of a pleasant surprise as in Lyndsey's case.

jmo

BBM. Excellent point! I hadn't really thought about it, but it makes no bloody sense that J would have made a second 3 hour or so round trip on Tuesday to change the linens on Bobs bed when her darling husband was making that trip on Monday - when Bob went missing.

Really makes one wonder what the real reason was for the need to change linens a full day later...and why the linens could not be changed the same day SIL was doing 'odd jobs' and repairs on Bobs home.

Hmmmm........

I have this vision of people doublechecking themselves the next morning with a cya checklist and having a holy carp moment of realizing they forgot the sheets. What did J do with the dirty sheets after she changed them? ETA: did she really change sheets or was that was an excuse she gave for going back?

I have this vision of people doublechecking themselves the next morning with a cya checklist and having a holy carp moment of realizing they forgot the sheets. What did J do with the dirty sheets after she changed them?

Exactly! What did J do with the sheets? and what did SIL do with the old materials from the odd jobs and repairs allegedly done in Bobs home that Monday?

eta: I don't think the sheets were the only thing on that holy carp cya list......... JMO

Bob clearly did not tell the SiL that the housekeeper was coming (since she waited, what, 30 minutes for the SiL to return from Home Depot?). Would he have had to have told her not to make the bed? (Or perhaps to stay out of the bedroom?) On what pretense?

Since making the bed seems like an implausible reason to make the trip, I wonder why daughter J went there? Just opinion/speculation, but one possibility is that the trip was to look for or remove things from the house, since it had already been cleaned.

And is there any evidence that Bob wanted to re-initiate contact with his daughters again? I do not think the meeting about money shows any interest in a relationship.

Bob clearly did not tell the SiL that the housekeeper was coming (since she waited, what, 30 minutes for the SiL to return from Home Depot?). Would he have had to have told her not to make the bed? (Or perhaps to stay out of the bedroom?) On what pretense?

Since making the bed seems like an implausible reason to make the trip, I wonder why daughter J went there? Just opinion/speculation, but one possibility is that the trip was to look for or remove things from the house, since it had already been cleaned.

And is there any evidence that Bob wanted to re-initiate contact with his daughters again? I do not think the meeting about money shows any interest in a relationship.

Yes....I believe you and SuzyQ hit the nail on the head. Daughter J went back to check the house and/or remove things.

It would be very significant, IMO, if SIL kept the housekeeper out of any rooms in Mr. Harrod's house.

I would like to hear from SIL, Housekeeper and the hairdresser who has been completely cleared by LE. I would also want to know who of these 3 have taken LDT and how they did...that is my Christmas wish list!

I would like to hear from SIL, Housekeeper and the hairdresser who has been completely cleared by LE. I would also want to know who of these 3 have taken LDT and how they did...that is my Christmas wish list!

I'd like to know if SIL has ever returned to the house.

We know the daughters confronted Fontelle several days after Mr. Harrod disappeared, and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

I wonder if SIL was at that family meeting.

IMO the new full pic on FB of Mr. Harrod and the BL was done maliciously, once again tarnishing their father. The more I look at it, though, I see a man who is enjoying sitting and talking with a friend. I wonder if he ever smiled like that when talking to his daughters? I really like that picture.

[snipped] and what did SIL do with the old materials from the odd jobs and repairs allegedly done in Bobs home that Monday?

That's what I'd like to know too.

I'd like to know if SIL has ever returned to the house.

We know the daughters confronted Fontelle several days after Mr. Harrod disappeared, and told her she wasn't entitled to any of their father's assets.

I wonder if SIL was at that family meeting.

I'd also like to know if the housekeeper or anyone else observed any cuts on the SIL (hands, etc.) that Monday or if anyone he encountered in the days following (at a store, gas station, etc. Some people are very observant). And did he go to the police station for questioning at all? If so, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61