CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy Fyre --

No doubt there can be some complicated feelings at play when an aged and widowed parent remarries. Evidently there can also be some simple ones too, like greed, or fear of losing part of what one expects to be one's inheritance. In Bob's case, the PD has ruled out murder/abduction by a stranger, and I would think that would include peripheral figures like a gardener's son (or his friend). At any rate, it seems unclear how any stranger could have profited from his disappearance, other than the theft of his wallet and keys. The same cannot be said for some others who knew him. All JMO, of course.

BBM

PPD has ruled out a stranger abduction. That narrows the field of suspects.

The hairdresser has been cleared, which narrows it down even more.

There was a heated family meeting the day before Mr. Harrod's disappearance. According to the PPD the family argued about finances. Big red flag.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html?pic=12

Thank you for putting Bob on the front page of WS!!! That is huge, and hopefully will draw some more warm bodies into sorting out what is going on in a case that seems to have lost some of it's energy.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Any publicity is good publicity, but this is REALLY GOOD publicity.

To those of you heading to the courthouse this week, I am looking forward to hearing about the hearing, lol.

Since strangers have been firmly ruled out and the hairdresser et al have been firmly ruled out, it would be nice to get a sense of what family has been ruled out as well...after all those who were blindsided by this disappearance must be equally heartbroken and confused by this loss. :(

Thank you for putting Bob on the front page of WS!!! That is huge, and hopefully will draw some more warm bodies into sorting out what is going on in a case that seems to have lost some of it's energy.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Any publicity is good publicity, but this is REALLY GOOD publicity.

To those of you heading to the courthouse this week, I am looking forward to hearing about the hearing, lol.

Whoo hoo! I am so ecstatic to see Bobs case featured on the front page!
:clap: :clap: :clap: TY Tricia and admin!

Since strangers have been firmly ruled out and the hairdresser et al have been firmly ruled out, it would be nice to get a sense of what family has been ruled out as well...after all those who were blindsided by this disappearance must be equally heartbroken and confused by this loss. :(

BBM. Here is where logic and common sense come into play, especially with the family (aka Bobs daughters) repeatedly insisting the hairdresser has NOT been ruled out despite MSM indicating twice, months apart, the hairdresser and her family have been cleared of any involvement in Bobs dissappearance. If officially unnamed (unnamed to/in the press) POI('s) or suspect(s) are calling to inquire about the status of a case, when they are (very likely) the primary focus of LE's investigation, is LE going to tip their hand? Not likely. So since we have clear MSM to indicate both the hairdresser and a stranger abduction has been ruled out, what else does that leave? I think the answer is pretty clear - even though it has not been officially stated.

Note, not once has any of Bobs family, DD's, SIL or GS indicated they have taken a poly to clear themself. Which, if any of Bobs DD's, SIL or GS have taken a poly? What were the results and if they refused a poly, why? Nor have they provided info to LE with 1)where the linens where disposed 2)where the materials were disposed? Why do you think that is? hmmmmmmm

jmo

IF Bobs dd's, SIL or GS had passed a poly, we know LE would be able to clear them. The fact that the DD's continuosly say no one is cleared indicates to me, none passed a poly. Now that does not tell us logically whether they failed or refused to take a poly, just that none of his daughters, SIL or GS have been cleared as a result of taking a poly.

jmo

We have Mrs Harrod, her family, the daughters, the GS and his family and SIL. (There is just one SIL correct? None of the other girls are currently married?).

Mrs Harrod was not even in the state and neither was any of her family members when Bob disappeared. So that rules them out I would think, given that they could not be in two places at once and police have ruled out stranger abduction.

I am quite certain that those blood relatives of Bob's who were willing and able to clear themselves did.

Which makes me wonder why a public statement wasnt given to OC Register by PPD announcing that any of them had been cleared? Isnt that strange?

For those new to Bob's case, rather than dig through 5 threads here are the MSM links indicating the hairdresser has been cleared.

Police have cleared the barber and her husband of any connection with the case.

http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-10-08/cities/24655660_1_corinne-loomis-evidence-water-balloon/2

Police spokeswoman Det. Corrine Loomis said the department has little new information to disclose publicly about the ongoing investigation, and there are still no named suspects in the case – nor any evidence that a crime has been committed.

http://articles.ocregister.com/2010...lygraph-tests-corrine-loomis-placentia-police

Note the emphasis on 'named' suspects. Does not mean unnamed suspects/POI's do not exist.
While the MSM article does say there are no suspects, we know that means LE has not yet officially named a POI or suspect. It is not in any way indicative that LE doesn't have 'unofficial' POI(s) or suspect(s).

The younger woman with whom Bob had a friendship has a solid alibi.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4

Also from the above link:
Michaels, reportedly the last person to have seen Bob, has receipts verifying he was at Home Depot around the time he said he was, police say.

The above 'around the time he said he was' accounts for appx 1 hour of SIL's whereabouts the day Bob went missing. Based on previously posted info that accounts for appx 1 of 8 or so hours of the time SIL was doing odd jobs and repairs for Bob.

JMO

Daughter R posted last year that she was eager for everyone involved to take a polygraph. In fact, R wanted to go first. R has never posted on the subject again.

We know polygraphs were offered.

Paul posted some family members declined to be polygraphed. I wonder who those family members were.

It would be interesting to know if the hairdresser took a polygraph. I am willing to bet she took one and passed.

Daughter R posted last year that she was eager for everyone involved to take a polygraph. In fact, R wanted to go first. R has never posted on the subject again.

respectfully snipped.

Well, I guess that answers that....
Telling. Especially since it is not like the D's stopped posting sometime in 2009.

jmo

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/4

Also from the above link:
Michaels, reportedly the last person to have seen Bob, has receipts verifying he was at Home Depot around the time he said he was, police say.

The above 'around the time he said he was' accounts for appx 1 hour of SIL's whereabouts the day Bob went missing. Based on previously posted info that accounts for appx 1 of 8 or so hours of the time SIL was doing odd jobs and repairs for Bob.

JMO

Snipping and quoting for additional thoughts.

It has never been published or determined what actual work was done in Bobs home that Monday. Whether the work was something planned ahead of time and requested by Bob or even if the work done was deemed necessary. Nor has it ever been posted or published what happened to the old materials or any materials disposed of after Bobs SIL finished whatever work he did in Bobs home that Monday.

It would certainly lend credibility to the SIL's and any other family members who were in California Monday July 27, 2009 if they were able to provide LE with that specific information. It is unknown if PPD has answers to the above questions or not. Logically one would assume if PPD had that info to support those in CA that day, it could provide enough to clear at least one of Bobs family members.

JMO

Paul posted some family members declined to be polygraphed. I wonder who those family members were.

It would be interesting to know if the hairdresser took a polygraph. I am willing to bet she took one and passed.

And poor Paul was promptly threatened by a certain family member.

For those new to Bob's case, rather than dig through 5 threads here are the MSM links indicating the hairdresser has been cleared.

SBM.

I think I saw spaghetti falling off the walls when those articles came out.

SBM.

I think I saw spaghetti falling off the walls when those articles came out.

Spaghetti....:floorlaugh:.

Now if we could just find Bob and find closure for those who desperately wish to find him.

Yes. She posted at the time that she didn't think PPD had the resources to polygraph everyone. But guess what? Turns out they did have the resources afterall.

Another day-perhaps there will be some more information that will shed more light on poor Bob's financial picture and how well those with access to his hard earned money have been handling it.

Praying that you are being served well by those who should have been taking care of you, Bob. :(

Yes. She posted at the time that she didn't think PPD had the resources to polygraph everyone. But guess what? Turns out they did have the resources afterall.

One of their resources for the Lynsie Ekelund case was the OC DA's office. I admire PPD for reaching out across juridictions. You dont always see that and I think it raises my confidence in them even more, fwiw.

I apologize for not being available most of the day yesterday. I know we are going to wait for the public records to be posted of yesterday's hearing but I can tell you that clearly, emotions were running high.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member